Thread: Which party is going to hold a sit-in against psychotropic drugs?

Which party is going to hold a sit-in against psychotropic drugs?

url
    Last edited by terlinguatx; 01-25-2022 at 11:55 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Drugs aren't bad, even the evil psychotropics that mess with brain chemistry...

Much better idea to educate people about what they're being given than to try and change government mandates or protocols...

Focus on those that prescribe them. (force them on people)

I would rather see the focus of the whole subject change..
    No doubt drug induced shooters are the issue,, but the response has been atrocious.

The police need to be put on a short leash.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

I have asked before (this always comes up after shootings) but what is the cause and effect? It it a crazy person who took a gun and killed people and was on drugs to try to control their crazy or were they perfectly sane people who went nuts after being prescribed the drugs (if they were sane- why were they prescribed?)?

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Drugs aren't bad, even the evil psychotropics that mess with brain chemistry...

Much better idea to educate people about what they're being given than to try and change government mandates or protocols...
    I am going to have to disagree with you, Tod, about the evilness of psychotropic drugs. But I will agree it is better to educate people about the drugs and the side effects than asking government to control them.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    I have asked before (this always comes up after shootings) but what is the cause and effect? It it a crazy person who took a gun and killed people and was on drugs to try to control their crazy or were they perfectly sane people who went nuts after being prescribed the drugs (if they were sane- why were they prescribed?)?
    Because these mind altering drugs are prescribed like candy.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

//
    Last edited by cajuncocoa; 08-13-2016 at 11:54 AM.

*sigh*
    Last edited by terlinguatx; 01-25-2022 at 11:58 AM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    I am going to have to disagree with you, Tod, about the evilness of psychotropic drugs. But I will agree it is better to educate people about the drugs and the side effects than asking government to control them.
    I've seen people do wild $#@! on PCP too, seen first hand the affects of LSD on Nam tunnel-rats and seen people zombified by this new class of drugs...

As I said I think these SSRI and SNRI drugs are some evil $#@! in pill form but the drugs themselves aren't bad, in fact they probably do exactly what they were designed to do for the people they were designed to affect. But people feel the same way about other drugs too...

I can't blame a pill or a powder for a persons behavior, a drug can affect one person one way and his neighbor another.........There's not enough publicized, unbiased data to actually correlate proper usage of most drugs, profit is paramount....

//
    Last edited by cajuncocoa; 08-13-2016 at 11:54 AM.

[QUOTE
    Last edited by terlinguatx; 01-25-2022 at 01:12 PM.

Psychiatric Drugs—Just the Facts
    https://www.cchrint.org/psychiatric-drugs/

Total Number of People Taking Psychiatric Drugs in the United States
    https://www.cchrint.org/psychiatric-...hiatric-drugs/

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    You're entitled to your opinion. I've seen how these drugs have greatly helped someone. Two people, in fact.
    Me, too. They greatly improved my dad's quality of life after his stroke. He couldn't get a grip on his emotions and cried about everything - literally, EVERYTHING. He was embarrassed about it and my dad quit wanting to have visitors because of the crying. The medication he took helped him get a grip on himself so he could enjoy what few years he had left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Blaming the medication for this is much like blaming the gun. You can't leave the mindset of the murderer out of the mix.
    I do not.

Which is why I hold HeadShrinkers responsible. They push these mind control drugs.. and they push the minds they control.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    I do not.

Which is why I hold HeadShrinkers responsible. They push these mind control drugs.. and they push the minds they control.
    And there the hammer meets the nail. The problem doesn't come from someone like Suzanimals Dad, It comes from this $#@! being pushed onto everyone from what I consider very normal young males to anyone coming to them with problems that people used to consider normal life.
    "The Patriarch"

//
    Last edited by cajuncocoa; 08-13-2016 at 11:55 AM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Every drug interacts with every human somewhat differently, there are common effects of course but seeing how every human is an entity unto themselves the interaction of a given chemical compound with that person is going to be specific to them....

Drugs are just 'stuff' and every one of us chooses which 'stuff' we subject ourselves to........

In some cases, yes. And there are people who probably should be monitored more closely, but I wonder if that's a function of the drugs or just the way that person is "wired" with or without the medication. We've always had muderers. Whether these drugs make them worse, I don't know. But I know these drugs make life much better, more tolerable for people like Suzanimal's Dad, my Mom, and someone else I'd rather not name. Incidentally, my Mom's doctor DID monitor her very closely...she was taking Paxil. The change in her was phenomenal, I can't say enough about it. That drug was a BLESSING. The other person taking Prozac has regular doctor appointments also. The doctor won't refill the prescription unless he sees the patient regularly.
    My dad was taking Paxil and Zyprexa. He called them his John Wayne pills. He was a fun outgoing man before the stroke and the meds gave him his personality back. I'm grateful for them. I think it depends on the situation. Drugs have all kinds of side effects. For example, Accutane (for acne) causes depression and it's been reported normal teens commit suicide on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

//
    Last edited by cajuncocoa; 08-13-2016 at 11:55 AM.

@tod evans and @Suzanimal I owe both of you +rep after I spread some around.

These concerns will fade away once the proper levels of Lithium and Fluoride
    have been re-adjusted (in the public water supply).
    Last edited by FindLiberty; 06-24-2016 at 10:15 AM.

The Szasz faction?

Szasz Quotes

People often say that this or that person has not yet found himself. But the self is not something one finds, it is something one creates.

The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.

If the dead talk to you, you are a spiritualist; if God talks to you, you are a schizophrenic.

Last edited by Ronin Truth; 06-24-2016 at 09:08 AM.