Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pat Buchanan Feature: My Ideas Ultimately Won, But It's Too Late To Save the US

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Pat Buchanan Feature: My Ideas Ultimately Won, But It's Too Late To Save the US

My first political obsession. Pat redpilled me in my early youth. Pat predicted a polyglot dystopian U.S. before many others.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...profile-215042

Buchanan will go to his grave believing exactly that. He swears he has no personal animus toward people who don’t look like him; in fact, he says, the immigrant groups he interacts with in northern Virginia are “always smiling” and seem like wonderful members of the community. “Obviously they love America,” Buchanan tells me. “The question is, what is it that holds us together? The neocons say we’re an ideological people bound together by what Lincoln said at Gettysburg and what Jefferson wrote in the Declaration of Independence, and that’s what makes us one nation. But my tradition of conservatism says it’s not; it’s the idea of culture and faith and belief and history and heroes and holidays.

He takes a long pause. “Can you have a nation that consists of all the people in the world—and be one people?”
    “This is why we argued in 1990 for a moratorium on immigration—those folks coming in poor could have been like the ethnic Irish and Italians and German,” Buchanan says. Instead, “they keep coming, and now you’ve got 60 million Hispanics living here, many of them in enclaves that can sustain themselves culturally and economically and socially. And it’s like they’re at home. A little piece of Mexico has been moved over here. … You look at the 24 counties from San Diego to Brownsville, Texas: Are they part of the United States or part of Mexico?”

A minute later, Buchanan adds, “You think you can go to Tucson, to what they call ‘Little Mexico,’ and ask them what the Constitution says? You think they know what the Constitution says?”
    Trump or no Trump, Buchanan has only become more alarmed about America’s political trajectory. The Republican Party is “running out of white folks,” he says, and historically immigrant groups have voted overwhelmingly Democratic. “If you bring in 100 million people and they vote 60 percent Democratic and 40 percent Republican, you’re buried,” Buchanan tells me. “What I’m saying is the America we knew and grew up with, it’s gone. And it’s not coming back. Demographically, culturally, socially, in every way, it’s a different country. And I think it’s come to resemble more of an empire than a nation and a people.”
    Last edited by AuH20; 04-22-2017 at 10:13 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Thumbs up How Pat Buchanan influenced Trump, and the world

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Years ago, I decided Pat Buchanan was a loudmouthed, fearmongering reactionary.

Nice to know some things don't change.

Buchanan pretends he doesn't know the answer, and seems to want us to think there is no answer. But there is an answer, and he knows it.

'There are among us a great mass of people who have been reared for generations under a government of tyranny and oppression. It is ingrained in their blood that there is no other form of government. They are disposed and inclined to think our institutions partake of the same nature as these they have left behind. We know they are wrong. They must be shown they are wrong.'--Calvin Coolidge
    The only thing is, we--WE--can NOT show them if we are not demonstrating the truth of what we claim to believe.

'About the Declaration there is a finality that is exceedingly restful. It is often asserted that the world has made a great deal of progress since 1776, that we have had new thoughts and new experiences which have given us a great advance over the people of that day, and that we may therefore very well discard their conclusions for something more modern. But that reasoning can not be applied to this great charter. If all men are created equal, that is final. If they are endowed with inalienable rights, that is final. If governments derive their just powers from the consent of the governed, that is final.

'No advance, no progress can be made beyond these propositions. If anyone wishes to deny their truth or their soundness, the only direction in which he can proceed historically is not forward, but backward toward the time when there was no equality, no rights of the individual, no rule of the people. Those who wish to proceed in that direction can not lay claim to progress. They are reactionary. Their ideas are not more modern, but more ancient, than those of the Revolutionary fathers.'--Calvin Coolidge
    It isn't just Democrats who have their priorities screwed up, and would happily move us backward for a tiny bit of power and corruption, and a chance to lord their arrogance over us. Obviously Republicans are equally committed to snatching at the hope of a little power, and just as committed to lording their arrogance over people.

If they weren't, they wouldn't have bought into Trump's VOICE bureaucracy, and his big, beautiful, nonexistent wall, and would have nominated Rand Paul to lead us back to the self-evident truths we seem to have forgotten.

You know old Pat Buchanan has read as much Calvin Coolidge as I have. But I'll bet you never heard the old tool say anything as sensible and genuinely conservative as that.

The 24 counties between Diego and Brownsville, indeed. Has he ever looked at a map? There are more than two dozen counties on that line, and thousands in the nation as a whole. And they are brimming with nth-generation Americans who could be living the principles this nation was founded upon, but instead are trying to put something over on someone else. If we were demonstrating America's founding principles to them, they'd be on board in a second.

No one who escapes hell and sneaks into heaven says, 'Let's do things the way they are done back home!' It takes someone who was born and bred in heaven to be that stupid, and that big a brat. No wonder immigration has slowed. We obviously got tricked into doing things the way they're done in hell. Soon no one will be able to detect any difference.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 04-22-2017 at 11:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Posting too little as usual didn't keep you from posting too late:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...To-Save-the-US

I've offered more than once to teach you how to use the search function.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Posting too little as usual didn't keep you from posting too late:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...To-Save-the-US

I've offered more than once to teach you how to use the search function.
    Yup. I always neg. rep when he does this.

Edit: Thank you mods for the merge. AuH20's thread actually provided some content. Something that teh Collinz can't seem to get a grasp on. It also came in 7 mins earlier than teh Collinz. Because the search function or actually looking at what is already on the boards is something teh Collinz can't seem to get a grasp on.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 04-22-2017 at 11:12 AM.

...buchanan sucks...always has...[although he seems like he'd be a lot of fun to publicly expose as an inconsistent crank/goddamned fool...]

....another stinking republican apparatchik who supported the goddamned vietnam war and has never seen a military budget he didn't support...

...the loud republican fool is yet ANOTHER who has had a major microphone in front of his hole for years and he's NEVER uttered an honest peep about the stinking insane monetary monstro$ity under which most are enslaved and abused...

...another goddamned fool republican drug warrior, culture warrior...ugh...
    Last edited by H. E. Panqui; 04-22-2017 at 11:39 AM.

If Buchanan has a fault, it is that he has overestimated the turnout and support for Ron and Rand prior to the elections.

Freedom is not popular.

And neither is Ron or Rand.

Buchanan had the gall to have some hope.

A long time ago I used to like Pat but it is his mindset that has created some of the worst atrocities in American history. Now I doubt Pat knows what the us constitution says but he can probably quote the bible real good.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Years ago, I decided Pat Buchanan was a loudmouthed, fearmongering reactionary.
    That was my opinion of Buchanan many years ago. Basically it was his culture wars speech, and the associated demonization campaign by the media (back when I was naive enough to actually believe the MSM). Learned much more recently that Buchanan was urged to give that speech by the Bushes. Was it a set-up to permanently smear him? Get him to focus on his more objectionable ideas (anti-gay and potentially discriminatory rhetoric) to also discredit and silence his (post Cold War) anti-globalism and anti-war positions?
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 04-22-2017 at 02:26 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

The only thing is, we--WE--can NOT show them if we are not demonstrating the truth of what we claim to believe.
    "We" are a tiny and insignificant minority unable to show anybody anything.

Freedom is not popular, and ol' "Silent Cal" is right, "They are disposed and inclined to think our institutions partake of the same nature as these they have left behind."

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Freedom is not popular, and ol' "Silent Cal" is right, "They are disposed and inclined to think our institutions partake of the same nature as these they have left behind."
    They are just better and dole out more dough.

Too bad Pat wasn't elected in 1992 or 1996. We could be living in a different (and much better) world right now.

Quote Originally Posted by NewRightLibertarian View Post
    Too bad Pat wasn't elected in 1992 or 1996. We could be living in a different (and much better) world right now.
    He also ran under a growing Reform Party in 2000, but you can thank Roger Stone and Donald Trump (acting on the behalf of the Bush family) for $#@!ing that up for good.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    He also ran under a growing Reform Party in 2000, but you can thank Roger Stone and Donald Trump (acting on the behalf of the Bush family) for $#@!ing that up for good.
    Is there a story?

If the internet technology back then was as advanced and socially relevant as it is today, he could have won. Imagine a GOP not utterly dominated by Neocons?
    Last edited by AuH20; 04-22-2017 at 03:16 PM.

If I had to rank American political figures with the personal integrity and invaluable insight to call a spade a spade over the last 50 years, it would look like the following:

1. Larry McDonald - the undisputed #1 and a democrat! His mysterious death over Russian airspace still unnerves researchers.

During his time in Congress, McDonald introduced over 150 bills, including legislation to:

Repeal the Gun Control Act of 1968.

Remove the limitation upon the amount of outside income a Social Security recipient may earn.

Award honorary U.S. Citizenship to Russian dissident Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Invite Russian dissident Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn to address a joint meeting of Congress.

Repeal the FCC regulations against editorializing and support of political candidates by noncommercial educational broadcasting stations.

Create a House Committee on Internal Security.

Impeach UN Ambassador Andrew Young.

Limit eligibility for appointment and admission to any United States service academy to men.

Direct the Comptroller General of the United States to audit the gold held by the United States annually.

Increase the national speed limit to 65 miles per hour (105 km/h) from the then-prevailing national speed limit of 55 miles per hour (89 km/h).

Abolish the Federal Election Commission.

Get the U.S. out of the United Nations.

Place statues of Booker T. Washington and George Washington Carver in the Capitol.

2. Ron Paul - Nuff said.

3. Barry Goldwater - His bold comments about the Israeli lobby were bravery personified.

4. Pat Buchanan - Late to the game so to speak, but he made a profound mark.
    Last edited by AuH20; 04-22-2017 at 03:34 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Is there a story?
    Yes, there is:

Buchanan has faced his share of critiques, but no one has hit him harder than Trump. In retrospect, it’s astounding that the man who used Buchanan’s playbook to win the White House had previously bashed him in the most ruthlessly ad hominem terms imaginable—yet Buchanan used his columns to cheerlead Trump’s 2016 candidacy from Day One. The explanation for this became clear once I accepted that Trump had done something entirely out of character: According to multiple sources, Trump called Buchanan out of the blue some five years ago, when the former candidate was a regular guest on “Morning Joe,” and apologized for all of the hurtful things he had said. “He made amends,” Bay Buchanan, Pat’s sister and former campaign manager, says of Trump. “Long before he got into the presidential [race], he reached out to Pat and apologized for what he’d done, realizing it had been wrong. … My brother is a very forgiving guy, and if someone asks for forgiveness, he’s going to deliver it.”

Pat is right.

“We rolled the dice with the future of this country,” he tells me. “And I think it’s going to come up snake eyes.”

Ask yourself honestly, what do you hold in common with any ten random fellow Americans today?

War and empire of the neoconservatives?

Stifling taxation and regulation of the economic "liberals"?

Fetish freakshows of the cultural left?

Alien and foreign customs, languages, faiths and traditions of the millions of immigrants from across the globe?

That's why secession and break up is critical.

When an empire dies, it can plunge the whole world into a dark age.

For the people in the empire, they are subject to autocratic tyranny.

The future is California.

One party rule by "super majorities".

We could end up like the Kurds did under Saddam.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    They are just better and dole out more dough.
    I'm pushing Anarchy myself.

Yes, there is:

Buchanan has faced his share of critiques, but no one has hit him harder than Trump. In retrospect, it’s astounding that the man who used Buchanan’s playbook to win the White House had previously bashed him in the most ruthlessly ad hominem terms imaginable—yet Buchanan used his columns to cheerlead Trump’s 2016 candidacy from Day One. The explanation for this became clear once I accepted that Trump had done something entirely out of character: According to multiple sources, Trump called Buchanan out of the blue some five years ago, when the former candidate was a regular guest on “Morning Joe,” and apologized for all of the hurtful things he had said. “He made amends,” Bay Buchanan, Pat’s sister and former campaign manager, says of Trump. “Long before he got into the presidential [race], he reached out to Pat and apologized for what he’d done, realizing it had been wrong. … My brother is a very forgiving guy, and if someone asks for forgiveness, he’s going to deliver it.”
    Pat is right.

“We rolled the dice with the future of this country,” he tells me. “And I think it’s going to come up snake eyes.”

Ask yourself honestly, what do you hold in common with any ten random fellow Americans today?

War and empire of the neoconservatives?

Stifling taxation and regulation of the economic "liberals"?

Fetish freakshows of the cultural left?

Alien and foreign customs, languages, faiths and traditions of the millions of immigrants from across the globe?

The roll you're on is a good one.

Doubt it. Clinton was pretty successful President. I wouldn't hate if Buchanan were President but I would probably vote for Bill.

1 800 Go Pat Go

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Pat Buchanan's 2000 presidential run doomed the Reform Party. Buchanan is a big part of the reason we're stuck with the same two stupid parties.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ Liberty View Post
    Pat Buchanan's 2000 presidential run doomed the Reform Party. Buchanan is a big part of the reason we're stuck with the same two stupid parties.
    To be fair to Buchanan, the party was already in the toilet before he showed up.

To be fair to Buchanan, the party was already in the toilet before he showed up.
    Not really. They had 12 million dollars in federally-funded campaign money, which they received from receiving 8% in the previous election. That money evaporated during Buchanan's run.

anti-federalist writes: "Fetish freakshows of the cultural left?"

...i sense much of the 'fetish freakshows' are a backlash/finger in the eye directed at the 'christian'
    freakshows of constant war, constant monetary fraud, constant 'morality' finger-wagging, etc., promulgated by twisted, goddamned 'christian' republicrats...i don't support 'the cultural left' but i enjoy watching them infuriate the stinking 'cultural right'/conservative republicans/phony 'christians'...

...pat buchanan has uttered and written many words...can one of you 'go pat go' fanboys merely copy and paste his best consecutive 100 or more words?...[i didn't think so]

..pat has always sucked..just another fascist republicrat propaganda tool...
    Last edited by H. E. Panqui; 04-24-2017 at 05:29 AM.

And we have a winner...
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

With a treasonous, poisonous Congress? With a judiciary run so far off the rails it will likely never see track again?

Not on your life.

Where do people get the idea that a president can drag a nation anywhere other than further down the chute to hell?
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast