Thread: North Carolina wants to know who owns voting-machine makers

North Carolina wants to know who owns voting-machine makers

North Carolina won't clear voting-machine makers to sell their systems to county elections boards until it learns more about who owns them, the state's elections board chairman said Friday.The decision comes amid worries of foreign election interference that have grown since special counsel Robert Mueller's April report into Russian efforts to sway the 2016 presidential election.
    Mueller's report "essentially says everybody should be concerned about this and everybody should be looking harder at a lot of these things to make sure we're protected as best we can be," said Robert Cordle, the head of the state elections board. "It's just a matter of doing our due diligence now to make sure there are no problems."
    The state board is giving the three companies that have already passed several rounds of screening until June 21 to disclose anyone holding a 5 percent or greater interest in their company, their parent company or any subsidiaries.
    Counties would be able to buy new voting systems — which could be in use for a decade — from approved companies.
    Maryland officials learned last year that a company maintaining their election infrastructure did not disclose that it was being financed for more than two years by a venture fund whose largest investor is a Russian oligarch. A U.S. Department of Homeland Security team found no evidence of intrusion on the state's election system, which was hosted and maintained by Annapolis, Maryland-based ByteGrid.
    Peering into who is behind voting-equipment makers is a long overdue step that few states have taken, said Lawrence Norden, an expert on voting machines with the Brennan Center for Justice at New York University's law school.
    "We know very little about voting system vendors, and this is a crucial piece of information," he wrote in an email.
    After November, North Carolina will require touchscreen-only voting systems to be replaced with equipment that produces a paper record. The change will affect machines in about a third of the state's counties.

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/north-carolin...180948958.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Doesn't matter. All of the machines are rigged. That was the whole point of the Florida Bush v Gore mess....ushering in the rigged machines. Not one election since then can truly considered to be authentic.

Somehow, in the NC9 special "re do" GOP primary in May, a website (votetracker or similar name) knew and accurately displayed how many votes were cast in a particular county WHILE THE POLLS WERE STILL OPEN. No one could explain how a website had REAL-TIME data on number of votes cast WHILE THE ELECTION WAS STILL ONGOING. The only answer is that the county's voting machine system was on the internet during the election and sending the data out.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Doesn't matter. All of the machines are rigged. That was the whole point of the Florida Bush v Gore mess....ushering in the rigged machines. Not one election since then can truly considered to be authentic.

Somehow, in the NC9 special "re do" GOP primary in May, a website (votetracker or similar name) knew and accurately displayed how many votes were cast in a particular county WHILE THE POLLS WERE STILL OPEN. No one could explain how a website had REAL-TIME data on number of votes cast WHILE THE ELECTION WAS STILL ONGOING. The only answer is that the county's voting machine system was on the internet during the election and sending the data out.
    Link?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1560709677204.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	52.4 KB 
ID:	6517
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Link?
    A bit late for that, I think. Any way, it was a website affiliated with the Civitas Institute.

Someone drove past the polling place I was working around 3pm and told a rival poll worker how many votes had been cast in one of the major neighboring NC9 counties. I asked how that info was available, unless someone was driving from precinct to precinct collecting that data (very unlikely in a large county without poll workers at each precinct). The rival poll worker pulled up a website showing the data. I brought up the question to her of how a website had that information? She, a town councilwoman, was then curious also (did I really have to mention that in order for her to wonder such a thing also? ffs) made some calls to other people asking the question and got no real answer. The turnout being reported was of note in the first place because it was MUCH higher than projected turnout was. After the polls closed, the data the website had, while the election was still ongoing, showing unexpectedly very high turnout was correct, pretty much down to the exact number.

I've personally seen way too many instances of voting number anomalies to not think that pretty much all elections are potentially rigged. Don't get me started on how our county elections office director has already been caught faking election results but for some reason still has the job.
    Last edited by devil21; 06-16-2019 at 08:13 PM.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

''The decision comes amid worries of foreign election interference that have grown since special counsel Robert Mueller's April report into Russian efforts to sway the 2016 presidential election.''
    I'm a lot more concerned with US interference , ergo Hilary Camp et al , than the Russians.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    ''The decision comes amid worries of foreign election interference that have grown since special counsel Robert Mueller's April report into Russian efforts to sway the 2016 presidential election.''
    I'm a lot more concerned with US interference , ergo Hilary Camp et al , than the Russians.
    Anything that gets them to look into voting security is fine by me, Russaigate may come back to bite the left.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Anything that gets them to look into voting security is fine by me, Russaigate may come back to bite the left.
    I think it already has, but none of any of these issues really matter, because the ones that really
    hurt America will never see justice, it does not apply to the wealthy and connected, the ones
    at the top , the ones that count.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm much more worried about the crooked guy in the county BOE office, who transmits the voting results from a locked room in a locked office than I am some Russian oligarch hacking a voting machine. The same guy that told me he'd let me review voting machine tapes "over his dead body."

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    I'm much more worried about the crooked guy in the county BOE office, who transmits the voting results from a locked room in a locked office than I am some Russian oligarch hacking a voting machine. The same guy that told me he'd let me review voting machine tapes "over his dead body."
    I agree.

I don't believe voting should be by 'secret ballot' , either.

I suggested paper ballots on youtube for years, 3 copies , barcoded;

1 Mine
    2 Precincts
    3 Main archival storage

verifiable online

The reason given for secret ballots is to protect voters, but the actual
    reason is to make all voting readily amenable to fraud.

I agree.

1 Mine
    2 Precincts
    3 Main archival storage

verifiable online

You will see voter coercion both overt and covert if you end secret ballots.

Vote for Ron Paul and you will see all your opportunities dry up and be endlessly harassed.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I agree.

1 Mine
    2 Precincts
    3 Main archival storage

verifiable online

Yeah the BOE supervisor used the "secret ballot" excuse for refusing to allow review of voting machine tapes. The county BOE supervisor's body language just screamed that he was up to shenanigans when I confronted him about anomalies I personally observed in elections. Later, it was confirmed to me by a sitting member of the state BOE (not an employee, an actual member of the Board) that machine tapes are not ballots because you can't simply review a machine tape and know who voted for which candidate, without simultaneously having access to the precinct voter roll book for cross-reference. The tapes are considered machine maintenance records, not ballots.

Any way, fwiw, this move to return to paper ballots by NC has been written into statute for well over a year already so this news item is more of a conditioning exercise for the general public, instead of truly trying to get to the bottom of anything.
    Last edited by devil21; 06-17-2019 at 09:35 PM.

You will see voter coercion both overt and covert if you end secret ballots.

Vote for Ron Paul and you will see all your opportunities dry up and be endlessly harassed.

That's quite all right, we have millions of crimes of coercion and intimidation, this
    is no different then the others, the crimes should be investigated.

Secret Ballots = unverifiable wins and loses, they've been cheating us for years.

That's quite all right, we have millions of crimes of coercion and intimidation, this
    is no different then the others, the crimes should be investigated.

Secret Ballots = unverifiable wins and loses, they've been cheating us for years.
    It's the covert voter coercion that concerns me the most, the overt coercion might at least cause a revolution.
    I would like to see a verifiable secret ballot system like I have seen some people claim to have invented, but if we can't come up with one public voting like at a caucus might be the only solution and we will just have to chance the consequences.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

It's the covert voter coercion that concerns me the most, the overt coercion might at least cause a revolution.
    I would like to see a verifiable secret ballot system like I have seen some people claim to have invented, but if we can't come up with one public voting like at a caucus might be the only solution and we will just have to chance the consequences.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Swordsmyth again.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.