Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trump: The fed has gone crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    I listened to it and you left out the most important part. The part where Schiff said Trump was full of crap because he's loading up on the debt instead of paying it down.

C'mon man. That was weak.
    Wait till the wall gets funded.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Well maybe Randal can start whispering in Trumps ear about an audit.
    And if Trump announced his plans to pressure Congress to send him an "Audit The Fed" bill and that he would sign it when it got to his desk, somehow we'd be Trump Humping Fascists for supporting that idea.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    And if Trump announced his plans to pressure Congress to send him an "Audit The Fed" bill and that he would sign it when it got to his desk, somehow we'd be Trump Humping Fascists for supporting that idea.
    Donald Trump standing behind Rand Paul in the crowd

Picture: https://twitter.com

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Wait till the wall gets funded.
    Because we need to spend more before we can start making spending cuts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Because we need to spend more before we can start making spending cuts?
    We should go cold turkey on spending?

Trump: The fed has gone crazy
    As predictable a quote as the sun rising. It was unevitable that the Fed would raise rates, and that any negative effect Trump would blame on them.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    I doubt the Fed would be tightening if Obama was in charge. They are a political animal, even when they say otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    It's not even a question. The Fed dropped the rate from 1% to zero as soon as Obama took office, and kept it there for seven years when they gave a 0.25% hike.

Then as soon as Trump was elected we've had a flurry of rate hikes with more promised to come.

While rate hikes are a good thing in the macro (they really should be at 5% or so for a healthy balance between borrowing and saving), the timing screams partisan politics.

Here's the test: if you put an openly partisan Democrat in charge of the Fed, what would be done differently? Not a hell of a lot.
    Also predictable. More a case of them attempting to help Obama than hurt Trump, IMHO.

Now that the economy is strong and there is a POTUS they don’t like, they are free to do whatever they want. They don’t want to destroy the economy, unless they do it in a way that profits their cronies.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    As predictable a quote as the sun rising. It was unevitable that the Fed would raise rates, and that any negative effect Trump would blame on them.

Also predictable. More a case of them attempting to help Obama than hurt Trump, IMHO.

Now that the economy is strong and there is a POTUS they don’t like, they are free to do whatever they want. They don’t want to destroy the economy, unless they do it in a way that profits their cronies.
    According to Ron Paul, the bubble is about to burst.
    https://www.lewrockwell.com/2018/10/...ry-of-mankind/
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post

We're borrowing over a trillion a year to support a "strong" economy?

I agree that the rate hikes are politically motivated, but Trump stupidly walked right into the trap. Trump should've been warning us that the economy is a bubble, not taking credit for making it "strong". Now Trump and his cheerleaders have to take credit for the collapse.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    We're borrowing over a trillion a year to support a "strong" economy?
    Government is economically bankrupt. It needs to do what every other company does under those circumstances: massive layoffs.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Ron Paul was on Neil Cavuto's show today talkin' 'bout the Fed and Trump. (fox channel)

https://video.foxnews.com/v/video-em...=5848163408001
    Last edited by Valli6; 10-12-2018 at 04:07 PM.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Donald Trump just made one of the most brilliant moves of his entire presidency. By accusing the Federal Reserve of “going loco”, he is placing the blame for the coming stock market crash and horrifying economic downturn squarely where it belongs, and he is firing up millions of true conservatives among his base at the same time.
    For many, many years, a lot of us have been trying to educate the American people about the deeply insidious Federal Reserve system. As Ron Paul once so astutely observed, it is actually about as “federal” as Federal Express is. The Federal Reserve is an unelected cabal of central bankers that is running our economy into the ground, and the only way we are going to fix our long-term economic and financial problems is if we abolish it.

So for those of us that understand these things, it is extremely exciting to hear President Trump use language such as this
    President Donald Trump knocked the Federal Reserve for continuing to raise interest rates despite some recent market turbulence.
    “I think the Fed is making a mistake. They are so tight. I think the Fed has gone crazy,” the president said after walking off Air Force One in Erie, Pennsylvania for a rally.
    That may be one of the greatest things that Donald Trump has ever said.
    And if Trump feels like his base is really responding to this sort of rhetoric, he may start using it as a campaign tactic.
    Could you imagine thousands upon thousands of supporters chanting “End the Fed” at Trump rallies leading up to the 2020 election?
    That would definitely be a beautiful thing.
    Without a doubt, the Federal Reserve has created “the everything bubble”, and when it bursts the economic pain is going to be off the charts.
    Of course the left is going to want to blame Trump, and so Trump is being very smart by pointing a finger at the Fed for aggressively raising rates at a time when the U.S. economy is already slowing down.
    And you know what? CNBC’s Jim Cramer actually agrees with Trump
    “I agree with President Trump that the Fed needs to tighten less aggressively, even as he probably shouldn’t have said those nasty things in public because he’s making it harder, not easier, for Jerome Powell to give him what he wants,” he said. “When you look at the economy empirically right now, you start to see real problems.”
    Following those comments, Cramer offered some examples of the “real problems” that he is seeing throughout our economy
    Sources within the auto industry, in addition to major suppliers PPG Industries and Trinseo, have suggested to the “Mad Money” host that there is a “definitive slowdown” in auto sales.
    “Housing is either pausing or down for the count,” he said. “We know this because it’s what Lennar, the largest homebuilder in America, told us. Lennar has its pulse on every market.”
    Key economic building blocks — things like packing materials and plastic — are either stagnant or dropping in price, indicating a slowdown in shipping, a leading barometer for the state of the economy, Cramer said.
    Needless to say, criticizing the Federal Reserve is a very dangerous thing to do, and there is a reason why previous presidents have never dared to do so.
    But that is one of the great things about Trump. He simply refuses to be controlled, and he will not be intimidated by threats.
    We desperately need a president that is willing to stand up to the elite and call for the abolition of the Federal Reserve. For a long time it appeared that doing something about the Fed was not on Trump’s radar, but now that may be changing.
    So let us hope that Trump’s war with the Federal Reserve escalates significantly, because we want this to be a top national issue during the 2020 presidential election.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...d-be-shut-down
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

By accusing the Federal Reserve of “going loco”, he is placing the blame for the coming stock market crash and horrifying economic downturn squarely where it belongs
    ...except that it belongs on loose monetary policy, while Trump's blaming tight monetary policy (these are opposite, if anyone's confused).

But that is one of the great things about Trump. He simply refuses to be controlled, and he will not be intimidated by threats.
    It's funny how similar Trump and the European nat-socs are, both fighting against the "tyranny" of not be able to do unlimited money printing.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    ...except that it belongs on loose monetary policy, while Trump's blaming tight monetary policy (these are opposite, if anyone's confused).

It's funny how similar Trump and the European nat-socs are, both fighting against the "tyranny" of not be able to do unlimited money printing.
    Any monetary policy is the problem, if Trump gets us to the end of the Fed by attacking tight monetary policy instead of loose monetary policy what does it matter?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Any monetary policy is the problem
    Trump isn't saying that.

Trump is saying that tight monetary policy is the problem.

if Trump gets us to the end of the Fed by attacking tight monetary policy instead of loose monetary policy what does it matter?
    1. Trump popularizes the idea that we need the Fed to prevent recessions.

2. ...?

3. The Fed is ended.

Good plan

Trump isn't saying that.

Trump is saying that tight monetary policy is the problem.
    Trump is saying the Fed is the problem.

1. Trump popularizes the idea that we need the Fed to prevent causes recessions.

2. ...? People listen

3. The Fed is ended.
    Fixed it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Trump is saying the Fed is the problem.
    He, once again, take off the Super-Trump-Splaining-Earbuds and listen, he's saying the Fed's rate hikes are to blame.

Fixed it.
    That doesn't improve the plan.

Here's a similar one for you (see if you can spot its subtle flaw):

1. Trump argues for socialized medicine.

2. People listen.

3. We abolish Medicare.

He, once again, take off the Super-Trump-Splaining-Earbuds and listen, he's saying the Fed's rate hikes are to blame.
    And he is right, everything the Fed does is wrong, they are incapable of doing anything right as Ron Paul likes to point out.

That doesn't improve the plan.

Here's a similar one for you (see if you can spot its subtle flaw):

1. Trump argues for socialized medicine.

2. People listen.

3. We abolish Medicare.
    We already have "Socialized Medicine Money", he is pointing out that the "Doctors" are killing people with malpractice, that might just lead to people wanting to end "Medicare"

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

And he is right, everything the Fed does is wrong, they are incapable of doing anything right as Ron Paul likes to point out.
    Ah, and now you're going to pretend that Trump's position (print more money) is in line with Ron's (don't print any money)...

Blatant shilling is blatant

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ah, and now you're going to pretend that Trump's position (print more money) is in line with Ron's (don't print any money)...

Blatant shilling is blatant
    I'm saying that Trump doesn't always mean everything he says, he picked Powell and I think he wants the rate hikes because of what they are doing to China but he is setting the Fed up to take the blame for any hardship that Americans might feel so that people will want to get rid of the Fed after he gets what he wants out of it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I'm saying that Trump doesn't always mean everything he says, he picked Powell and I think he wants the rate hikes because of what they are doing to China but he is setting the Fed up to take the blame for any hardship that Americans might feel so that people will want to get rid of the Fed after he gets what he wants out of it.
    And I'm saying that's either Breitbart-grade Trump shillery or you've recently suffered a stroke and lost several dozen IQ points.

Trump has no intention of ending the Fed.

On monetary policy, the chameleon has actually been consistent:

Quote Originally Posted by 2008 Interview
    BLITZER: The Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke, Ben B., as you call him.

TRUMP: I think that he has – was a little bit late on the draw, but he’s come around strongly, and I would give him a B-plus. A good, strong B-plus. Look, I mean, these people inherited a mess. And they weren’t necessarily to blame for it and they’re trying to fix it. I would say that Ben was a little bit late, and based on the lateness, but I’m not sure there’s – you know, if he was earlier, I’m not sure if it would be any different. So I would give him a B-plus.
    His only criticism is that the Fed didn't begin "fixing the mess" (i.e. printing money) soon enough.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...-bailouts.html

Trump sure wasn't blaming the Fed when he was hyping the high stock market value as entirely his doing. I didn't hear any comment on how the stock market bubbles exist due to fed policy. Suddenly when things start to go bad he reaches out to blame an organization that few of his base will understand at all but it's a handy excuse.

As soon as Trump started taking absolute credit for a good economy you knew he had a variety of excuses ready for when things went down, I"m just surprised he hasn't figured out how to blame Hillary and the Democrats for it.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Swordsmyth shilling for Trump > Zippy shilling for the Fed.
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

And I'm saying that's either Breitbart-grade Trump shillery or you've recently suffered a stroke and lost several dozen IQ points.

On monetary policy, the chameleon has actually been consistent:

His only criticism is that the Fed didn't begin "fixing the mess" (i.e. printing money) soon enough.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...-bailouts.html
    LOL on that first line.

I had some hope that Trump might be good before he took office, he said some good things. But now the results are in. Trump is just another politician. All he's trying to do is keep the bubble going, just like Obama and Bush.

The one defense I have of Swordsmyth is that deep down I think he's a capitalist. So at least he's on the right side of liberty as opposed to some here like Zippy and The Count who are clearly socialists.

Quote Originally Posted by kpitcher View Post
    Trump sure wasn't blaming the Fed when he was hyping the high stock market value as entirely his doing. I didn't hear any comment on how the stock market bubbles exist due to fed policy. Suddenly when things start to go bad he reaches out to blame an organization that few of his base will understand at all but it's a handy excuse.

As soon as Trump started taking absolute credit for a good economy you knew he had a variety of excuses ready for when things went down, I"m just surprised he hasn't figured out how to blame Hillary and the Democrats for it.
    Trump already made comments how Obama was getting money on the cheap because of low interest rates while now he has to pay more for the same. He also has to pay off Obama's debt at much higher interest. What are the conditions of the FED's loans? Is it 30yr fixed or AMR?

Based on my own understanding of what's going on and the future plans (take that for what you will), Trump does indeed have an intention of participating in the charade that's been planned to end the Fed, as it currently exists. What isn't going to happen is the removal and relegation to the dustbin of history of the people BEHIND the Fed. One of Trump's jobs is to facilitate the public perception of the destruction of the "institution"/paradigm of fiat cash based economics.

It will likely be the next President that will be tasked with facilitating the public perception of the replacement solution of a cashless blockchain paradigm, developed and offered by the same people behind the Fed.
    Last edited by devil21; 10-13-2018 at 12:24 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Trump does indeed have an intention of participating in the charade that's been planned to end the Fed, as it currently exists. What isn't going to happen is the removal and relegation to the dustbin of history of the people BEHIND the Fed. One of Trump's jobs is to facilitate the public perception of the destruction of the "institution"/paradigm of fiat cash based economics.

It will likely be the next President that will be tasked with facilitating the public perception of the replacement solution of a cashless blockchain paradigm, developed and offered by the same people behind the Fed.
    I don't see any evidence that Trump is part of any End The Fed effort, real or charade.

There's no substantive difference between Trump and his predecessors on the Fed, except that Trump is more blunt about liking money printing.

And I don't take that as anything more than a reflection of his personality; he's more blunt about everything.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12