Page 38 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 3775

Thread: It is gonna be a cold winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    They let you travel again?
    I quietly hope it is the last time inside an airport for me . Flight out of San Antonio delayed , Flight arrived Chicago late , flight left Chicago late runway backed up 7 or more deep, flight arrived Indianapolis late . Got my bag then pd 36.00 to get my truck out of the economy lot after dropping 600 on a hotel for three nights and about 1k on two round trip tickets and checking one bag , round trip taxi fare to airport hotel and back about 120.00 with a 25 percent tip. Meals , wedding gift ( purpose of trip to attend wedding ) , bar tab, in at about 3K Thurs - Sun . I am so glad to be home , splitting wood , counting ammo , buying silver and other Chiefly duties .
    Do something Danke

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I quietly hope it is the last time inside an airport for me . Flight out of San Antonio delayed , Flight arrived Chicago late , flight left Chicago late runway backed up 7 or more deep, flight arrived Indianapolis late . Got my bag then pd 36.00 to get my truck out of the economy lot after dropping 600 on a hotel for three nights and about 1k on two round trip tickets and checking one bag , round trip taxi fare to airport hotel and back about 120.00 with a 25 percent tip. Meals , wedding gift ( purpose of trip to attend wedding ) , bar tab, in at about 3K Thurs - Sun . I am so glad to be home , splitting wood , counting ammo , buying silver and other Chiefly duties .
    You forgot to mention you know me. It would have been a lot smoother and cheaper.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    it is getting down into the 40s tonight in my neck of the woods. It got so cold last year I nearly froze my ass off. I was so depressed from losing both my husband and mother I could barely chop enough wood to keep the fire burning. I ran out of wood on one of the coldest weeks of the winter. All my house plants froze also my seedlings for spring planting. My wolf dog loves the cold. I made a harness so he can help haul wood in the wagon he loves it. He needed a job.

Don't worry though I have almost enough wood gathered for the whole winter I have been finding lots of already cut up wood for free on craigslist all I have to do is load it up on the truck. I take my young strong nephew with me and let him do most of the work it is kinda nice training someone how to stack wood. I think I will teach him how to use the axe, wedge and sledge too. My work is almost done. I have become a great supervisor I did not know I had it in me.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    it is getting down into the 40s tonight in my neck of the woods. It got so cold last year I nearly froze my ass off. I was so depressed from losing both my husband and mother I could barely chop enough wood to keep the fire burning. I ran out of wood on one of the coldest weeks of the winter. All my house plants froze also my seedlings for spring planting. My wolf dog loves the cold. I made a harness so he can help haul wood in the wagon he loves it. He needed a job.

Don't worry though I have almost enough wood gathered for the whole winter I have been finding lots of already cut up wood for free on craigslist all I have to do is load it up on the truck. I take my young strong nephew with me and let him do most of the work it is kinda nice training someone how to stack wood. I think I will teach him how to use the axe, wedge and sledge too. My work is almost done. I have become a great supervisor I did not know I had it in me.
    I wish you a warm and comfortable winter .
    Do something Danke

I split wood all day today , at least the sun was shining . Supposed to rain again Fri I think . Tue through Thurs is a huge dry spell and much needed .
    Last edited by oyarde; 10-16-2018 at 09:02 PM.
    Do something Danke

According to the forecast tomorrow should be last rain of the month which would be the biggest dry spell since at least Jan . I am very pleased with that . I split wood today .
    Do something Danke

It was warm today, I thought about Oyarde pretending to do manual labor.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

That resumes tomorrow . Fri is one of my two loafing days .
    Do something Danke

I slaved my ass of today . I cut a 1 x 5 board and replaced a board in the floor upstairs then I took my angle grinder with a wire brush and stripped paint off the brick of one of the chimneys someone had painted upstairs. Looks like it should now .
    Do something Danke

I correctly predicted the moon to be at 91 percent waxing crescent today . I shall celebrate with a shot of bourbon since there is no rain forecast for seven days . My last bonfire of the year is to be 59 and partly sunny with a low of 39 . Perfect .
    Do something Danke

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I mowed about three acres today and took out a gas stove. Danke probably just sitting in a hand job bar in asia doing nothing productive .
    Do something Danke

Winter is coming, again
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Winter is coming, again
    First I am due a lovely Fall . I earned it . Winter is just to cull out the weak so it will be no bother.
    Do something Danke

I am getting excited about my last bonfire of the year . I can taste the burgers already. @Danke would you like the opportunity to play the role of white settler for this ?
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I am getting excited about my last bonfire of the year . I can taste the burgers already. @Danke would you like the opportunity to play the role of white settler for this ?
    Does it involve hanging heathens?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

It's $#@!ing cold. I even had to get out my fake fire space heater to sit on the porch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    It's $#@!ing cold. I even had to get out my fake fire space heater to sit on the porch.
    I am on the patio, wearing shorts, drinking wine, watching the World Series, and looking up at an almost full moon...

Edit: Outdoor temp is 65.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 10-26-2018 at 10:34 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    I am on the patio, wearing shorts, drinking wine, watching the World Series, and looking up at an almost full moon...

Edit: Outdoor temp is 65.
    I don't even think my space heater has the porch up to 65. I'm drinking beer tonight but I'm thinking about making some coffee and having a little Irish coffee. Not sure I'll sleep and I need to be on my game for the world's largest cocktail party tomorrow. I'm not going to the game but I'll be there in spirit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I don't even think my space heater has the porch up to 65. I'm drinking beer tonight but I'm thinking about making some coffee and having a little Irish coffee. Not sure I'll sleep and I need to be on my game for the world's largest cocktail party tomorrow. I'm not going to the game but I'll be there in spirit.
    Looks like fun! Get some sleep, you’ll need it!
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Chucking wood today . It was nice out , sunny and the windand rain finally eased off a bit probably had about four days in the last ten with 40 mph gusts.
    Do something Danke

@oyarde, is it too early to put on the snow tires?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

@oyarde, is it too early to put on the snow tires?
    Not for you , we are at Nov so it is time. I remember picking corn around Thanksgiving in my youth with snow in the fields. Coveralls on and no cab on the ol' International tractor with a cornpicker on the front . While you are putting your tires on I can tell you stories about hungry pilgrims .
    Do something Danke

My Oaks , Cherries and Dogwoods are a splendid red color , the Maples . Paw Paw , Sassafras and Hickories yellow , the Beech still green .
    Last edited by oyarde; 11-01-2018 at 09:52 AM.
    Do something Danke

A beautiful day today probably not many more of these . Really not many all year .
    Do something Danke

Over an inch of rain today , rainy , windy and cool tomorrow is the forecast . Glad all my firewood is cut . I still need to split most of it but I will get that this month .
    Do something Danke

How many beads to shovel my driveway? I may need you this winter when I'm out of town.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How many beads to shovel my driveway? I may need you this winter when I'm out of town.
    If you are not in town you will not need your driveway so I can offer you a reduced rate . Last few times I was there cooking hot dogs in your yard when you were gone I never thought to see if the drive needed work .
    Do something Danke

Flood watch might end by 8:00 pm tonight .
    Do something Danke

Sunny and 60 today , of course rain again tomorrow , I blame Danke .
    Do something Danke

Chilly and rainy today, Thanks a lot Oyarde, I had projects to do outside today.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Page 38 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast