Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: U.S. Drone Strikes Have Gone Up 432% Since Trump Took Office

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Your cognitive dissonance is causing you to twist every direction all at once.

Whereas, that is the only policy I would support.

For you, Trumps policy is "better than Hillary." So, you support Trump. I do not. So, knowing full well the broken window fallacy you are forced to rationalize a reason to support Trump. I do not.

Such a sad little liberty supporter you have become since the days of the Ron Paul Revolution.
    I said I preferred Trump, I didn't vote for him or donate to his campaign.

Trump is a preferable choice to the establishment, I don't see why that is such a bad position to take.

Some people here are minarchists. Wouldn't they prefer a smaller government to a much larger totalitarian government?

We have to be realistic here. And we should be happy when we are going in the right direction.
    Last edited by dannno; 03-10-2017 at 05:41 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Ahh, that would be heartbreaking for you to feel disappointment. I'm sure many families of the innocent people continuing to be killed would feel just as badly as you. $#@!ing war pigs gonna war.
    Ya I'm glad we don't have a war pig for President, for once. He's more like a war goat.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    Anyone who thinks trump is antiestablishment is looney and has no grip on reality.
    this seems to be an important issue to you.

also, the 'anti-establishment ' mantra is subjective.

i get the gut feeling this article is 'fake news' anyway, so, arguing is pointless. Where was CodePink' during obamas reign?

''When he was in office, former President Barack Obama earned the ire of anti-war activists for his expansion of Bush’s drone wars. ''
    Last edited by JK/SEA; 03-10-2017 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Ron Paul is right, the best solution is to just leave and come home.

That said, taking an average of Obama's 8 years and comparing it to the first few months of Trump's Presidency isn't entirely fair, either.
    Fine, I can roll with that.

Also, Obama was targeting foreign nations with his military interventions. Hopefully we won't see that happen with Trump.

Apparently, you don't agree with your own proposal. From the previous sentence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post
    Fine, I can roll with that.

Apparently, you don't agree with your own proposal. From the previous sentence.
    If there are three proposals, one of them is GREAT, the other is kinda ok an the last one is completely horrible, obviously my preference would be for the proposal that is great. But if that is not an option, I much prefer the proposal that is kinda ok over the one that is completely horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by H. E. Panqui View Post
    If we are still attacking ISIS in a year from now, I will likely be pretty disappointed.

...i have a strong hunch 'we' will still be attacking...and you will still be apologizing...
    My guess is Trump's ego is too big to be fighting them for that long. It's $#@!ing ISIS. That's like a kid in 8th grade taking 3 hours to beat up a kid in 3rd grade.

Trump will probably fight them for a while, severely weaken them, declare victory and bring the troops home within 6-12 months.

If there are three proposals, one of them is GREAT, the other is kinda ok an the last one is completely horrible, obviously my preference would be for the proposal that is great. But if that is not an option, I much prefer the proposal that is kinda ok over the one that is completely horrible.
    This is for the onlookers:

In your first statement that I quoted, you rebuffed the notion that Trump's first month(s) should be compared to the entirety of Obama's presidency.

In the next statement that I quoted, which was also the very next sentence in your original post, you compared the entirety of Obama's presidency to Trump's first month(s).
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post
    This is for the onlookers:

In your first statement that I quoted, you rebuffed the notion that Trump's first month(s) should be compared to the entirety of Obama's presidency.

In the next statement that I quoted, which was also the very next sentence in your original post, you compared the entirety of Obama's presidency to Trump's first month(s).
    Ya but I could have compared it to the first few months of Obama's Presidency and come up with the same results. Obama ended up escalating our foreign interventions, he had no qualms going into Libya, Afghanistan and Syria in order to attempt regime installation, nation building and such. He kept us in Iraq even though he promised not to.

Trump campaigned against all of that. Will he follow through? I dunno, but you are the one making assumptions that he isn't going to follow through. Obama was a puppet, of course he wasn't going to follow through. If Trump was a puppet, then I doubt the establishment would be constantly trying to attack him like they have been. So far he has followed through on a lot of good things, he is trying to help get Rand's healthcare bill through, it's pretty much going swimmingly.

Your first statement simply bolsters my argument.

I have seen no evidence backing your second statement, but you are trying to claim that Trump is still funding ISIS and fighting the Assad regime?? Even if true, I'm pretty sure any remnants of that operation will be gone very soon.

Your third statement is an opinion that has no basis in fact.
    DUDE.

I have posted this link at least 5 times in the past 2 days.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ation-In-Syria

Go and listen to what Ron Paul says which absolutely validates what I have said.
    There is no spoon.

The point is that the CFR is actively putting this information out to try and destroy Trump, and you are listening to them and eating it up. Stahp it.
    Dude, I'm not going to call Trump a peace loving hippie just because of what the CFR says, a spade's a spade.

And yes, some of the information from that article turned out to be inaccurate. And yes it is unfair to compare 2 months of Trump to an average of 8 years of Obama... especially the first two months when we knew Trump was going to go after ISIS.
    So its unfair to compare Trump's wars to Obama because we knew Trump would be more hawkish than Obama?

If we are still attacking ISIS in a year from now in any sort of regular capacity, I will likely be pretty disappointed.
    I'm pretty disappointed that we are still losing troops and little American girls are losing their lives, I hope such disappointing things stop happening, I really do.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

We have to be realistic here. And we should be happy when we are going in the right direction.
    You say we are going in the right direction in a thread about how we are going in the wrong direction with statistics to back it up. Rather than showing us how those exact statistics are CFR created BS as you claim and showing us real statistics, you say we should shut up if we don't want Pence to be president.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    You say we are going in the right direction in a thread about how we are going in the wrong direction with statistics to back it up. Rather than showing us how those exact statistics are CFR created BS as you claim and showing us real statistics, you say we should shut up if we don't want Pence to be president.
    Sometimes I think some of these people want more Drone strikes, more blowback, more intervention. It's not like this is a question of certainty at this point, we aren't arguing hypotheticals here, Trump has officially stolen the name Drone Gangster Puppet.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123