Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump threatens to "send in the feds" to Chicago

Trump threatens to "send in the feds" to Chicago

Constitutional to do? You decide:
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...80766288228352

"If Chicago doesn't fix the horrible "carnage" going on, 228 shootings in 2017 with 42 killings (up 24% from 2016), I will send in the Feds!"
    Last edited by jonhowe; 01-24-2017 at 09:19 PM.
    The more prohibitions you have,
    the less virtuous people will be.
    The more weapons you have,
    the less secure people will be.
    The more subsidies you have,
    the less self-reliant people will be.

Therefore the Master says:
    I let go of the law,
    and people become honest.
    I let go of economics,
    and people become prosperous.
    I let go of religion,
    and people become serene.
    I let go of all desire for the common good,
    and the good becomes common as grass.

-Tao Te Ching, Section 57

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...73752785793024

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...80766288228352
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by jonhowe View Post
    Edit: How the heck do you get tweets to show up on here?

Hyde Park , NY has FDR's library. Maybe there is an answer there
    Do something Danke

Last edited by timosman; 01-24-2017 at 11:14 PM.

Because it worked so well with Waco, Ruby Ridge and the Bundy's.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    Because it worked so well with Waco, Ruby Ridge and the Bundy's.
    This time we should send in the Marines. MAGA
    "The Patriarch"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What would happen if conceal carry was permitted to law abiding citizens in Chicago?
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post
    What would happen if conceal carry was permitted to law abiding citizens in Chicago?
    What would happen if all substances were permitted in Chicago?

What would happen if we did both?

Quote Originally Posted by ghengis86 View Post

I think crime would go down, maybe across the board.
    +

Bring back Capone.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post
    I think crime would go down, maybe across the board.
    Me too. Dramatically.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Bring back Capone.
    Bring back Daley. Streets plowed, garbage picked up and trains ran on time!

Serious though, there was plenty of gang violence during prohibition. St. Valentine's Day Massacre. Just a different black market product. Booze.
    Remove state prohibitions, remove black market incentives.

Me too. Dramatically.
    Sales of Doritos would probably rise too.
    +

Get rid of the WoD, restore the 2nd Amendment, and BINGO.

"An armed society is a polite society."
    -Robert A. Heinlein
    There is no spoon.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Donald Trump threatens to impose martial law in Chicago, and it may be over a feud with Rahm Emanuel

President Donald Trump is threatening Chicago and its mayor, Rahm Emanuel, with martial law, something which could have profound implications for the Windy City.

On Tuesday morning, Trump sent out the following tweet, threatening to “send in the feds” in response to Chicago’s violence

If Chicago doesn’t fix the horrible “carnage” going on, 228 shootings in 2017 with 42 killings (up 24% from 2016), I will send in the Feds!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 25, 2017
    Trump’s tweet coincided with a segment on the Fox News show “The O’Reilly Factor.” A few minutes after 8 p.m., the program discussed Chicago violence and cited statistics similar to those that Trump had used — namely that there had been “228 shootings in 2017 (up 5.5 percent from last year)” and “42 homicides in 2017 (up 24 percent from last year).” One of the show’s guests, Horace Cooper, even used the term “carnage” to describe the situation.

The president also used the term carnage to describe inner city violence during his inaugural address. After denouncing “the crime and gangs and drugs that have stolen too many lives and robbed our country of so much unrealized potential,” Trump proclaimed that “this American carnage stops right here and stops right now.”

Earlier Monday, Emanuel criticized Trump for failing to focus on the important priorities of his new job.

“You didn’t get elected to debate the crowd size at your inaugural,” Emanuel said. “You got elected to make sure that people have a job, that the economy continues to grow, people have security as it relates to their kids’ education. It wasn’t about your crowd size. It was about their lives and their jobs.”

On that same day, it came out that there had been 40 murders in the city within the first 22 days of 2017.

Despite Trump’s apocalyptic depiction of Chicago’s crime rate, the metropolis is actually nowhere near the top of America’s most dangerous big cities. Its per capita homicide rate in 2015 was 18th at 16.4 out of 100,000 residents, with the ignominious top spots belonging to New Orleans (46.9 out of 100,000 residents), Detroit (45.0 out of 100,000 residents), and St. Louis (43.8 out of 100,000 residents). It was slightly higher among non-fatal shootings in 2015, ranking 12th with 88.9 out of 100,000. This, however, was still eclipsed by St. Louis (659.7 out of 100,000 residents), Memphis (247.1 out of 100,000 residents), and Oakland (232.4 out of 100,000 residents).

Coincidentally, one of the last major acts of the Obama Justice Department was to release a report criticizing the Chicago Police Department for rampant racial profiling and abuse of power. It seems that Trump is determined to approach the problems in that city from the perspective that there isn’t enough law and order rather than that law and order has run amok.
    http://www.salon.com/2017/01/25/dona...-rahm-emanuel/
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

He needs to get the black-ops under control.

Find who has been dropping cases of guns in allies.

Investigate the Fusion Centers.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Despite Trump’s apocalyptic depiction of Chicago’s crime rate, the metropolis is actually nowhere near the top of America’s most dangerous big cities. Its per capita homicide rate in 2015 was 18th at 16.4 out of 100,000 residents, with the ignominious top spots belonging to New Orleans (46.9 out of 100,000 residents), Detroit (45.0 out of 100,000 residents), and St. Louis (43.8 out of 100,000 residents). It was slightly higher among non-fatal shootings in 2015, ranking 12th with 88.9 out of 100,000. This, however, was still eclipsed by St. Louis (659.7 out of 100,000 residents), Memphis (247.1 out of 100,000 residents), and Oakland (232.4 out of 100,000 residents).
    Strolls off...

President Trump: "We'll send in the FEDS!"

Founding Fathers: "You're doing it wrong."
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

"If Chicago doesn't fix the horrible "carnage" going on, 228 shootings in 2017 with 42 killings (up 24% from 2016), I will send in the Feds!"

To promote individual rights?
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Let them fail, Feds can't help, nor should they try.

Quote Originally Posted by bunklocoempire View Post

To promote individual rights?
    To drop the hammer on thugs and criminals. A gigantic swarm of National Guard or some such could clean that place in about a month.

#MAGA
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Under What Conditions Can The US Army Engage Citizens: The Army's "Civil Disturbances" Primer

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-0...-disturbances-

by Tyler Durden
    Aug 19, 2014 8:00 PM

With events in Ferguson deteriorating from day to day, despite the arrival of the Missouri National Guard, some have asked what further escalation steps are possible.

As a reminder, the reason Missouri governor Jay Nixon resorted to the aid of the National Guard is due to the limitations imposed by the Posse Comitatus Act which, broadly, seeks to limit the powers of Federal government in using federal military personnel, i.e., the Armed Forces of the United States, to enforce state laws. The Act does not apply to the National Guard, nor to the US Coast Guard, although the former will likely not see much practical use in Missouri.

However, as usually happens, there are loopholes and the best place to uncover these is in a 132-page primer conveniently released by none other than the US Army back on April 21, known simply as ATP 3-39.33 "Civil Disturbances." The primer begins with the umbrella statement:

Civil unrest may range from simple, nonviolent protests that address specific issues, to events that turn into full-scale riots. Gathering in protest may be a recognized right of any person or group, regardless of where U.S. forces may be operating. In the United States, this fundamental right is protected under the Constitution of the United States...

"Protected" it may be, but as usual, the interpretation of the Constitution is in the eye of the beholder, or more appropriately, gun holder. Because shortly thereafter we further read the following:

The Constitution of the United States, laws, regulations, policies, and other legal issues limit the use of federal military personnel in domestic support operations. Any Army involvement in civil disturbance operations involves many legal issues requiring comprehensive legal reviews. However, federal forces are authorized for use in civil disturbance operations under certain circumstances.

What circumstances? For the answer we turn to section, 2-8, whose provisions may soon become applicable to Ferguson and/or other municipal regions, should the rioting in the St. Louis suburb escalate further. To wit:

The Constitution of the United States provides two exceptions for which the Posse Comitatus Act does not apply. These exceptions are based upon the inherent right of the U.S. government to ensure the preservation of public order and to carrying out governmental operations within its territorial limits by force, if necessary. These two exceptions are—

Emergency authority. A sudden and unexpected civil disturbance, disaster, or calamity may seriously endanger life and property and disrupt normal governmental functions to such an extent that local authorities cannot control the situation. At such times, the federal government may use military force to prevent the loss of life or wanton destruction of property and to restore government functions and public order. In these circumstances, federal military commanders have the authority, in extraordinary emergency circumstances where prior authorization by the President is impossible and duly constituted local authorities are unable to control the situation, to engage temporarily in activities that are necessary to quell large-scale, unexpected civil disturbances (see DODD 3025.18).
    Protection of federal property and functions. When the need for the protection of federal property or federal functions exists, and duly constituted local authorities are unable to, or decline to provide adequate protection, federal action, including the use of military forces, is authorized.

2-9. Laws passed by the U.S. congress include four exceptions to the Posse Comitatus Act. With the first three laws discussed below (10 USC 331–333) there is a prerequisite that the President must take personal action, including the issuance of a proclamation calling upon insurgents to disperse and retire peaceably within a limited time. The four exceptions, based on law are—

10 USC 331. When a state is unable to control domestic violence and they have requested federal assistance, the use of the militia or Armed Forces is authorized.
    10 USC 332. When ordinary enforcement means are unworkable due to unlawful obstructions or rebellion against the authority of the United States, use of the militia or Armed Forces is authorized.
    10 USC 333. When a state cannot or will not protect the constitutional rights of the citizens, due to domestic violence or conspiracy to hinder execution of State or Federal law, the use of the militia or Armed Forces is authorized.
    House Joint Resolution 1292. This resolution directs all departments of the U.S. government, upon request of the Secret Service, to assist in carrying out its statutory duties to protect government officials and major political candidates from physical harm.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    To drop the hammer on thugs and criminals. A gigantic swarm of National Guard or some such could clean that place in about a month.

#MAGA
    So continue to ignore the natural results of ignoring natural rights, and do some cleansing. Got it.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by bunklocoempire View Post
    So continue to ignore the natural results of ignoring natural rights, and do some cleansing. Got it.
    whatever.

Fixing natural rights and what not sounds great, but that will take some time. Meanwhile, how about we get the thugs and criminals off the streets.

#MCGA (Make Chicago Great Again)
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.

whatever.

Fixing natural rights and what not sounds great, but that will take some time. Meanwhile, how about we get the thugs and criminals off the streets.

You're not TheTexan. Are there two TheTexans now?
    Ron Paul

whatever.

I know you post a lot of satire, but this doesn't sound like it. I sincerely hope that you are joking.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    I know you post a lot of satire, but this doesn't sound like it. I sincerely hope that you are joking.
    What's wrong with getting rid of thugs and criminals?
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.

What's wrong with getting rid of thugs and criminals?
    Guilty until proved innocent.
    There is no spoon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast