Page 63 of 158 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,890 of 4724

Thread: Cowboys win the NFC

RIP Chris Doleman .
    Do something Danke

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Finally , good news for dallas fans . The XFL will provide a real football team , dallas Renegades to play in Arlington . Bob Stoops ( a real football coach ) will be at the helm. Jim Zorn will be coaching seattle . Finally things are looking up for dallas.
    Last edited by oyarde; 01-30-2020 at 10:23 PM.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Finally , good news for dallas fans . The XFL will provide a real football team , dallas Renegades to play in Arlington . Bob Stoops ( a real football coach ) will be at the helm. Jim Zorn will be coaching seattle . Finally things are looking up for dallas.
    We allow our sports teams to relocate to our country cousins in Arlington so the common people can watch us better off folk attend games.

This is where we currently stand

tebowlives juleswin winner
    Texans Texans Texans
    Patriots Titans Titans
    Seahawks Seahawks Seahawks
    Saints Saints Vikings
    49ers 49ers 49ers
    Ravens Ravens Titans
    Chiefs Chiefs Chiefs
    Packers Seahawks Packers
    Chiefs Chiefs Chiefs
    49ers 49ers 49ers
    49ers Chiefs 49ers v Chiefs
    +7 +7

Two may enter, one must leave.

I'd like to thank the participants as well as the Founders of this contest of ours.
    So @oyarde , @Anti Globalist , @juleswin , @tebowlives , @acptulsa , @tfurrh , job well done. I feel the work I've put in has helped others in this league as they go through life. One example is Anti G now working who was without a doubt helped by participating in the "My NFL Season is Ruined Pickem Contest". I think that's what brings comfort to me the most. Knowing that I can and do make a positive difference in others lives.

So if the before mentioned as well as any of the hang arounds like @Zippyjuan or @Brian4Liberty or anyone else who didn't really count since they didn't fully participate, want to chime into this thread and give us your thoughts on who is going to win or what each team has to do to win please do. (stay away from the dated cliches that oyarde is known to use.)
    Last edited by tebowlives; 02-02-2020 at 04:00 PM.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The last time Kansas City was in the Super Bowl 50 years ago, Jack Buck called that game on National TV. The Chiefs beat the Vikings. (who hasn't?) His son, Joe Buck is calling this game for Fox

This years Super Bowl better be a step up from snooze fest we got last year.
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 01-31-2020 at 12:41 PM.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

I'll go with the Chiefs. Experience counts and the Chief went through this last year (though they did not make the Super Bowl) while the 49ers haven't made the playoffs in the previous five years.

I'm not making a prediction, but despite what a hellhole The City has become, I can't not root for the 49ers. Maybe their victory will inspire somebody (anybody!) to actually clean up SF. A man can dream. Underneath all the syringes, wastrels and human $#@!, it is still a beautiful city.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    I'm not making a prediction, but despite what a hellhole The City has become, I can't not root for the 49ers. Maybe their victory will inspire somebody (anybody!) to actually clean up SF. A man can dream. Underneath all the syringes, wastrels and human $#@!, it is still a beautiful city.
    awwwww That's sweet that you want to clean up San Francisco. Guess what? This is a NFL thread and we don't like clean

Anybody want to predict what the final score will be?
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Be warned as theres going to be a SB commericial featuring drag queens.

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    www.thefixisin.net

Tagline: ARE PROFESSIONAL SPORTS FIXED?
    Would you leave a multi-billion dollar industry up to chance?

The 2019 NFL Season...The Fix Is In Style
    AFC & NFC CHAMPIONSHIPS

I'll start this off here: I think the better team won each game. If each game was played sans referees, I think both the 49ers and Chiefs beat the Packers and Titans respectively.

That said, the refs -- while not making a huge, obviously bad call as they did in last year's NFC Championship Game -- seemed to be leaning in each home team's favor. Remember earlier this season when everyone was complaining about the number of flags being thrown to the point that Tom Brady (of all people) chimed in on Twitter complaining about the penalties in a Thursday Night Jaguars v Titans game? It was bad. It was affecting the rate of play. It was driving fans crazy, no matter if the calls were justified or not.

In the Titans v Chiefs game, the Chiefs didn't get called for offensive holding. In the Packers v 49ers game, the 49ers didn't get called for offensive holding (amazing given they had 42 rushing attempts) or defensive pass interference. In fact, they had only two penalties for 10 yards. It's rather amazing that both the Chiefs and 49ers offense played a relatively "perfect" game at the exact moment they needed to (which was what the Titans did the week before, but couldn't pull off in Kansas City).

Perhaps the most controversial officiating moment came on this 3rd-and-1 play in which the Titans were called for offensive holding, seemingly at the moment the ball was snapped:

Flag for holding the moment the ball is snapped?

Nothing fishy here at all �� pic.twitter.com/YN3r2eUjhS
    — SI Extra Mustard (@SI_ExtraMustard) January 19, 2020

Some on Twitter have suggested the quick flag was for an illegal formation on the offense. Perhaps, but considering the officials never announced that there were two flags on the play, both on the offense, one for illegal formation and another for holding, and just announced holding on the offense, what are fans supposed to assume but the worst? Especially when the subjective calls were all going KC's way.

There was this interesting coach to referee exchange as well in the Packers v 49ers game which makes you wonder who's running what down on the field:

Kyle Shanahan told the referee before the snap that the Packers defense would hold George Kittle.

The ball’s snapped and the Packers defense holds George Kittle. #49ers
    (��: @JGPinoy916 ) pic.twitter.com/C9pDLDITQj
    — Rob Lowder (@Rob_Lowder) January 22, 2020

I mean, Shanahan was correct it was a hold, but would it have been called if the ref wasn't alerted to it ahead of time?

But aside from the refs letting the Chiefs and 49ers have their way with things without anything being blatantly bad, both games were rather bland. Tannehill wasn't about the lead the Titans to the Super Bowl, and Rodgers looked uninterested in the game once the 49ers went up 17-0. In fact, I dare say Rodgers looked a little Jay Culter-esque in his apparent disregard for the 2nd half of the game.

But maybe even Rodgers was aware that no one wanted to see a Titans v Packers Super Bowl -- which we could've easily had if all things were equal. And a Chiefs v Packers rematch of Super Bowl I in the NFL's 100th season would've looked suspicious, especially if you throw in the fact that the teams' two QBs are the spokesmen for State Farm Insurance. Sponsor of the NFL or not, no way the league wanted #StateFarmBowl trending over #SuperBowlLIV.

So we're left with the Chiefs offense v the 49ers defense. That's easy enough to hype. And if -- a big IF given the two storylines remaining -- the NFL decides to tamper with the game in one team's favor, I'd suggest the NFL would help the Chiefs. Why? Because if Mahomes is the next Chosen One, he needs to win it all. Plus, the league could then reward both head coach Andy Reid (who may have 'helped' the league in the past) and the Hunt family which owns the Chiefs and helped start the AFL before it merged with the NFL to make the league what it is today. Is Jimmy Garoppolo really the next face of the NFL when he's tossing 8 passes a game?

And by the way, my preseason Super Bowl pick was Bears over Chiefs because it would make a good defense v offense battle. I was half right with a correct guess on what the hype machine would use. Not bad given some of the other guesses floating around the internet.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Over is 55 so vegas seems to think it could be 23 - 20 or 24 - 20. Interesting, KC beat the Vikings 23 - 20 in KC earlier this season in an example that would be closest to a similar match up. I imagine some 9ers defense fans are taking the under . The point spread for the game is practically a push at KC 2 point favorites , not even a FG difference so fans can just take their team to win . 9ers are going to run the ball , KC is going to throw. Reid will script the first 15 first and second down plays, if they work expect more of the same .
    Do something Danke

Just to get you all in the mood.

Another comparison for you all to consider . The Packers defense was actually pretty good all season and the strength of that team. Probably better than the KC defense .9ers were able to run . SF averaged 145 yards rushing this season as the No. 2 rushing team . Then also consider the 9ers lost to a mobile QB in Dec ( 20 - 17 Baltimore ) and the team that played them best was Atlanta ( Falcons 29 - 22) .Matt Ryan 5 yard TD pass with .02 seconds remaining sealed it. 9ers were held to 120 yards rushing and lost two fumbles by RB's. 9ers won in preseason at KC by 10 ( 27 - 17), 9ers ran for about 137 , Mahomes was 8 of 10 with a 62 yard TD pass in first quarter and the Kickers were perfect , four point game going into fourth quarter when second and third stringers were playing . QB with most success against 9ers Defense this yr was Brees , no sacks , 29 of 40 for 349 yards and five TD's in Dec. , Saints lost by 2 after a failed 2 point conversion pass .
    Last edited by oyarde; 02-02-2020 at 10:47 AM.
    Do something Danke

Probably bloomturd anti second amendment ads , drag queens and God knows what else .
    Do something Danke

I'm going with a high scoring game favors KC and a lower scoring game favors the 49ers. Take KC and the over or SF and the under.

Quote Originally Posted by tebowlives View Post
    This is where we currently stand

tebowlives juleswin winner
    Texans Texans Texans
    Patriots Titans Titans
    Seahawks Seahawks Seahawks
    Saints Saints Vikings
    49ers 49ers 49ers
    Ravens Ravens Titans
    Chiefs Chiefs Chiefs
    Packers Seahawks Packers
    Chiefs Chiefs Chiefs
    49ers 49ers 49ers
    49ers 49ers v Chiefs
    +7 +7

Two may enter, one must leave.

I'd like to thank the participants as well as the Founders of this contest of ours.
    So @oyarde , @Anti Globalist , @juleswin , @tebowlives , @acptulsa , @tfurrh , job well done. I feel the work I've put in has helped others in this league as they go through life. One example is Anti G now working who was without a doubt helped by participating in the "My NFL Season is Ruined Pickem Contest". I think that's what brings comfort to me the most. Knowing that I can and do make a positive difference in others lives.

So if the before mentioned as well as any of the hang arounds like @Zippyjuan or @Brian4Liberty or anyone else who didn't really count since they didn't fully participate, want to chime into this thread and give us your thoughts on who is going to win or what each team has to do to win please do. (stay away from the dated cliches that oyarde is known to use.)
    Chiefs, my heart says chiefs my head says 49ers. But I am going with my heart. That SF defense is going to be hell to penetrate.

As a Santa Clara 49ers fan, I can’t help but notice that the Niners defense often lets down in the second half, and at the same time, Mahomes can score like crazy in the second half. It’s a KC strength against a Niners weakness. How much stamina does Bosa have? Can he chase Mahomes around for the entire game? Defenses get tired late in the game.

I can see it coming down to the end of the game, with whoever scores last wins. Shanahan has had his problems with end of game management. Will he call the right plays? Will he manage the clock correctly? You don’t want to be in the position of it being a one score game and give the ball to Mahomes with even 20 seconds on the clock.

If Shanahan can maintain a two score lead through the entire game, it can be an easy win for the Niners. That is if the Niner defense can shut down Mahomes...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Probably bloomturd anti second amendment ads , drag queens and God knows what else .
    What are the Vegas odds on a commercial showing a gay/lesbian couple of some kind? Not that there’s anything wrong with that...

Lol. Too late. While pulling up that Seinfeld clip, YouTube played a Superbowl ad featuring Ellen Degeneres and her partner. Odds are 100%.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I want the Chiefs to win but at the same time I feel like the 49ers are going to win.

Calvin Coolidge

I want the Chiefs to win but at the same time I feel like the 49ers are going to win.
    9ers could be hard to beat if they do not get down by more than one score and they get more than 135 yards rushing . Mahomes is the key for KC . Brees picked the 9er secondary apart and did not hold the ball .
    Do something Danke

I see those lowlife packers poached our defensive backs coach .
    Do something Danke

Cowboys to put the franchise tag on Prescott as contract talks go nowhere. Without a deal, Dak becomes a free agent next month.
    Raiders interested in Tom Brady.

Lamar Jackson wins MVP.

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Cowboys to put the franchise tag on Prescott as contract talks go nowhere. Without a deal, Dak becomes a free agent next month.
    Raiders interested in Tom Brady.
    Tom Brady will not leave New England. The system.is a good part of why he is good. They just need to get better offensive weapons for him and let him play as they find his replacement.

I'll rather see him retire than leave the Pats

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Tom Brady will not leave New England. The system.is a good part of why he is good. They just need to get better offensive weapons for him and let him play as they find his replacement.

I'll rather see him retire than leave the Pats
    Pats owner says they want to keep him.

KC getting close to a 14-3 lead here .
    Do something Danke

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    KC cannot stop the run , tied @ 10 , 5 min to Half KC ball
    Do something Danke

Looked like Sabra hummus had drag queens.