Thread: Smiling dog prompts visit from police

Smiling dog prompts visit from police

Waterford police say it's a case of a dangerous dog — a pit bull being kept illegally within the township.

But a dog rescue group says it's a case of mistaken identity because the dog in question isn't a pit bull at all.

"Diggy is an American Bulldog and all of his paperwork says so," said Kristina Rinaldi, executive director of Detroit Dog Rescue, which rescued the dog from Detroit Animal Control and arranged for Dan Tillery of Waterford to adopt him. "Diggy is a great dog."

Tilllery and his pet lit up the internet this week with a beaming photo of the two of them, drawing national media attention because both man and dog appear to be smiling.

Waterford Police Chief Scott Underwood said in a statement today that his department had received several complaints about the animal in the past 24 hours. On Thursday afternoon, police officers visited Tillery's home to inspect the dog.

"Based on their observations, it was determined the dog was part pit bull/pit bull terrier," Underwood said.

Owning a pit bull in Waterford is an ordinance violation that can carry a $500 fine. Police didn't cite Tillery but told him he has until Monday to relocate the dog to another town.

Rinaldi said they hope to convince police that the animal's pedigree is that of a bulldog, which isn't prohibited under Waterford ordinance.
    http://www.11alive.com/news/smiling-...lice/240333708
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thank God I live in a small, dog-friendly town and a state that prohibits local BSL (breed specific legislation).

Be careful when you pry my gun from my cold dead hands, the barrel will be hot.

RACISTS.
    "I am a bird"

It is too hot this weekend to do much outside so my two dangerous dogs are sleeping on me right now on the couch in the air conditioning while I attempt to stay awake through two movies I rented!

Quote Originally Posted by chudrockz View Post
    It is too hot this weekend to do much outside so my two dangerous dogs are sleeping on me right now on the couch in the air conditioning while I attempt to stay awake through two movies I rented!
    Tough situation, I hope you make it out alive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

I was mauled by three pit bulls last week. Heck, that one wouldn't quit with the kisses...
    Saw a fourth one the same day with bubba teeth, and he was a little sweetheart too.

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    RACISTS.

It's called breed bigotry.

Like any other breed, or any other animal, owners get from their pets what they invest in their pets. Pets are to be trained and socialized. Obviously the dog in the photo is both trained and socialized. He looks like an awesome pet.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Very simple remedy. The town will call a special meeting at which they will ban American Bull Dogs in the city.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    Very simple remedy. The town will call a special meeting at which they will ban American Bull Dogs in the city.
    I would rather vote the dog haters out,,

Fortunately I am in a dog friendly place,, with an abundance of large dangerous animals of varying breeds.

They allow children too.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Tough situation, I hope you make it out alive.
    Well, four hours later and they haven't pounced on me yet. Looks like they may be busy planning their attack, though.

Quote Originally Posted by chudrockz View Post
    Thank God I live in a small, dog-friendly town and a state that prohibits local BSL (breed specific legislation).

Cool pups, man.