Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unconfirmed Bitcoin Problem

Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post
    Oh, I'm not asking you to paste it here. And, no, the tx does not expose the private key, by design (otherwise, you would be giving away your private key to the peer nodes when you broadcast the transaction). Good on you for not assuming, however. Here's a link describing the tx format. I recommend extracting the inputs from the tx using Core commands. This way, you're not trying to manually monkey around with the bytes. You can safely post the addresses of the inputs because an address is just a public record index in the blockchain that is associated with an unspent output. Once you've confirmed whether the inputs are still funded, then it's a matter of trying to resubmit the transaction.

To check any address or transaction ID for yourself, just go to blockexplorer, copy-paste it in and then press enter.

Addresses, block numbers and transaction ID's are always 100% safe to show to others. You should exercise care with public keys - while they will not compromise your funds if they are exposed, exposing them is equivalent to address-reuse which is discouraged on the basis of long-term security considerations. Of course, showing your private keys is equivalent to giving away cash, so take utmost care with them ... just avoid handling them as much as possible beyond the minimum required to make sure you control your funds and have proper backups, etc. And, yes, you have to specifically export your private key in order to expose it (please don't do this, even locally). This is why this usage is discouraged. Instead, people are encouraged to "sweep" private keys, which just submits a transaction moving your old coins to a new address with a fresh private key.

When you have some spare time, consider reading over this amazing blog post to demystify the mechanics of Bitcoin transactions. Even if you're not a techie, just skim over it to get an idea of what's involved. Think of it kind of like looking under the hood of a running car ... even if you don't understand all the whirling gears & levers, you still get a feel for what's going on inside the vehicle.

If you decide to re-broadcast the transaction, you can use this page unless you have Core, then there's probably a way to do it from there.

Hope you get your coins back!
    Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post
    If you decide to re-broadcast the transaction, you can use this page unless you have Core, then there's probably a way to do it from there.

Hope you get your coins back!
    When I try to rebroadcast the raw transaction I get this...

Missing parents for c16587ae806c2392635a20843a78f8f6a1275c6990a797f826 6e3b9d8a29bd1e while inserting: [c677f8172824b4bb761f0ce51e23235f4a6613c62e74e84793 6f95440fae6b6c]

If I decode it I get this...

{
    "lock_time":0,
    "size":225,
    "inputs":[
    {
    "prev_out":{
    "index":0,
    "hash":"c677f8172824b4bb761f0ce51e23235f4a6613c62e 74e847936f95440fae6b6c"
    },
    "script":"47304402204f1602b609027990a8e17355bdb9d9 67882aed3ac85e06c9311d33a3228ba9d90220097941a24457 d36508f8d17e94400184c849f44c48296aab09e4deb9d23e4e 2f012103db4cc04dac3ee0cb4ab0afc108eb1f398ab659be12 7240a672b1abe139f84b60"
    }
    ],
    "version":1,
    "vin_sz":1,
    "hash":"c16587ae806c2392635a20843a78f8f6a1275c6990 a797f8266e3b9d8a29bd1e",
    "vout_sz":2,
    "out":[
    {
    "script_string":"OP_DUP OP_HASH160 7336d1277adaf305dddde5cedc686bb1e4988bda OP_EQUALVERIFY OP_CHECKSIG",
    "address":"1BWCNpA3MGYHS3sbbVpGW7jY1Ean1Y3sX4" ,
    "value":10630472,
    "script":"76a9147336d1277adaf305dddde5cedc686bb1e4 988bda88ac"
    },
    {
    "script_string":"OP_DUP OP_HASH160 95a28eec6c32896699df4ca36c880d7e42e504c5 OP_EQUALVERIFY OP_CHECKSIG",
    "address":"1EeCRLCksdBRJ7SUkAAFKk1TssVv62hoTQ" ,
    "value":89379528,
    "script":"76a91495a28eec6c32896699df4ca36c880d7e42 e504c588ac"
    }
    ]
    }

Does this offer any more clues?

This is the raw transaction in Hex...

01000000016c6bae0f44956f9347e8742ec613664a5f23231e e50c1f76bbb4242817f877c6000000006a47304402204f1602 b609027990a8e17355bdb9d967882aed3ac85e06c9311d33a3 228ba9d90220097941a24457d36508f8d17e94400184c849f4 4c48296aab09e4deb9d23e4e2f012103db4cc04dac3ee0cb4a b0afc108eb1f398ab659be127240a672b1abe139f84b60ffff ffff024835a200000000001976a9147336d1277adaf305dddd e5cedc686bb1e4988bda88acc8d25305000000001976a91495 a28eec6c32896699df4ca36c880d7e42e504c588ac00000000
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Enter the address containing the stuck payment into the first text field, then click Load. Even though your transaction is unconfirmed, Coinbin should display the value of the pending payment."

Coinbin doesn't display the value of the pending payment. Instead it's reporting zero outputs and inputs.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulIsGreat View Post
    IF that doesn't work, then you can always -reindex, which will essentially start from scratch as far as the block chain goes.
    I also did a -reindex and that didn't work either.

Quote Originally Posted by AmericasLastHope View Post
    I also did a -reindex and that didn't work either.
    No idea...

Never encountered your situation or even seen anyone else with the problem.

The only way that could have happened though, is if the transaction was dumped from the mempool before it was mined, or it was malformed somehow and rejected, but I'd assume it'd show as rejected in that case.

You'd have to ask someone more knowledgeable, like a bitcoin developer.

My guess it was dumped from the mempool, and wasn't retransmitted, but that's just a guess.

Can you log onto the mining pool you used and see what it says. Maybe you'll get lucky or something, or show them, and they can send you a new transaction.

Just posted on reddit to see if I can get any help there. Price has gone vertical since I started this thread. I would really like to get my money out before the bubble bursts.

Just posted on reddit to see if I can get any help there. Price has gone vertical since I started this thread. I would really like to get my money out before the bubble bursts.

Uhh, you're not really not going to sell all of it, are you?
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Uhh, you're not really not going to sell all of it, are you?
    Haven't really thought that far ahead yet. I have other cryptocurrencies. First I would just like to prove that I can get some of it out of my wallet. Then I'll figure out what to do from there. Whether that's dollar-cost-averaging, or liquidation, I don't know.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

BTW, I was able to unlock this wallet using an old password in an attempt to send coins, but it still reports the balance as zero. If this was an empty shell wallet that was never used I doubt I could get my password to work on it. There is a reason why the blockchain is reporting these transactions into my wallet.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    BTW, I was able to unlock this wallet using an old password in an attempt to send coins, but it still reports the balance as zero. If this was an empty shell wallet that was never used I doubt I could get my password to work on it. There is a reason why the blockchain is reporting these transactions into my wallet.
    Have you posted in reddit, or on bitcointalk? There are experts who know the inner workings rather well there
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post

Well a Bitcoin Talk developer solved the problem by having me actually run one of the transaction ids through one of the other altcoins I was mining at the time, and the explorer found it! Turns out this was actually my old RonPaulCoin wallet, not Bitcoin. Now if only I could find my old Bitcoin wallet...

Well a Bitcoin Talk developer solved the problem by having me actually run one of the transaction ids through one of the other altcoins I was mining at the time, and the explorer found it! Turns out this was actually my old RonPaulCoin wallet, not Bitcoin. Now if only I could find my old Bitcoin wallet...
    lol...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ig-Bang-Theory

Well, glad you got it figured out, sorry you didn't get any bitcoin from it. I never thought of that being the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulIsGreat View Post
    Well, glad you got it figured out, sorry you didn't get any bitcoin from it. I never thought of that being the cause.
    Thanks. Someone else on Reddit was actually having a similar problem, and he sent me over to the bitcointalk thread he created, and that's where they solved both of our problems. Turns out in his case it was Quark coin that was being reported as unconfirmed BTC. Apparently that's just what Bitcoin Core does when you open a wallet with altcoins in it.

Here is the thread if anyone is interested in the technical details...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2569355.0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12