Thread: Alarm as Trump Requests Permanent Reauthorization of NSA Mass Spying Program

Alarm as Trump Requests Permanent Reauthorization of NSA Mass Spying Program

Can't wait for the trumpettes and shylls to tell us how great this is!

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...rogram-exposed
    Civil liberties groups and privacy advocates raised alarm Thursday after the Trump administration called on Congress to reauthorize an NSA mass surveillance program that was exposed by whistleblower Edward Snowden.

The New York Times, which obtained the Trump administration's request to Congress, reported that "the administration urged lawmakers to make permanent the legal authority for the National Security Agency to gain access to logs of Americans' domestic communications, the USA Freedom Act."
    "The White House is calling for reauthorization of a program that security agencies have used to spy on innocent people, violate their privacy, and chill free speech," said Fulton. "The NSA program permits the mapping of relationships among members of marginalized communities and distant associates of targeted individuals, even when most individuals in those communities were never suspected of wrongdoing."

"Historically, authorities have used such overbroad authority to harass members of these communities," Fulton added, "especially those who speak out when their rights are under threat."
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So they don't have it now and I am targeted and harassed by people. Maybe this is so they can go after people who harass people. They really don't need this sort of information to harass people unless they already have it and this is fearmongering. I honestly don't think it can get any worse based on my experience alone. I honestly felt pity for the harassers because I don't get bothered easily so I pretended like they were bothering me because I think these people are just doing their job. At first I gave them hell but when I noticed their desperation I pretended like stuff bothered me so they would not feel like they are incompetent. I think the people doing this sort of job don't have any other options in life so they get stuck or they are forced to do these things so I feel really bad for them. Not everyone has the choice of doing different work especially people who do specific jobs just so they can make ends meet.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    So they don't have it now and I am targeted and harassed by people. Maybe this is so they can go after people who harass people.
    Flawless logic. What could possibly go wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Flawless logic. What could possibly go wrong?
    Or just optimism that they would use it to stop the harassment but that would require not taking things out of context. I am always optimistic about everything to a fault.

Quote Originally Posted by invisible View Post

I love how some people here seek to divide and cause fights even on topics for which we nearly unanimously agree. Its another form of derangement.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I love how some people here seek to divide and cause fights even on topics for which we nearly unanimously agree. Its another form of derangement.
    You misunderstand I am completely opposed to the mass spying on Americans. I don't think the government should be trusted with that much power. I just don't think complaining about it will stop them because there are too many nanny staters that want this. So I am optimistically hoping that they use the power for good and not evil.

[sic] "The NSA program permits the mapping of relationships among members of marginalized communities and distant associates of targeted individuals, even when most individuals in those communities were never suspected of wrongdoing."

"The NSA has been vacuuming up hundreds of millions of Americans' call records as part of a program that is hopelessly complex and lacks any discernible evidence of its value. We should not leave such a sweeping, unaccountable power in the hands of our spy agencies."

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Related? More swamp drainage?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dic...ming-on-monday

Dick Cheney set to headline Trump 2020 fundraiser in Wyoming on Monday

When U.S. Rep. Liz Cheney appears Monday at a fundraiser for President Trump’s 2020 reelection campaign in her home state of Wyoming, she’ll be joined by someone else who knows his way around Washington.

Former Vice President Dick Cheney, the congresswoman’s father, is set to headline the luncheon event in Jackson, the Washington Post reported Saturday.

Also set to appear are presidential advisers Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner, and White House Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney – although they are listed as “special guests” because of federal rules prohibiting administration officials from campaigning, the Post reported.

Former VP Cheney, 78, served under former President George W. Bush and was previously defense secretary under President George H.W. Bush after representing Wyoming in Congress. He also served as White House chief of staff under President Gerald Ford.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 08-18-2019 at 11:29 AM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This calls for a parade... a huuuge parade.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Since Iraq freedom war days, Constitutional purists have tried to put domestic liberties above global WOT security needs of the country and of our closest ally in the world. Is this really a wise approach?
    If purists had their way, how would we support our allies defend their freedoms and ours?

James Woods: 'I Don't Expect to Work Again' in Hollywood
    The Washington Times
    The latest came this week, in response to a report from British press that revealed the National Security Agency commonly provides Israel with intelligence data — without first stripping out private and personal information on American citizens. The Guardian in London reported the item, the latest in its coverage of document leaks from Edward Snowden.

Related

New Bill In Congress Would Bypass the Fourth Amendment, Hand Your Data To Police

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Can't you just smell the freedom?

Officials rejected Jared Kushner for top secret security clearance, but were overruled
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...rruled-n962221

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnWSNI7rKf0

Just another drive by posting.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

He signed and extended 702 another 6 years... maybe he's trying to be conservative and thinking just make this permanent and not waste ink.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

So they don't have it now and I am targeted and harassed by people. Maybe this is so they can go after people who harass people. They really don't need this sort of information to harass people unless they already have it and this is fearmongering. I honestly don't think it can get any worse based on my experience alone. I honestly felt pity for the harassers because I don't get bothered easily so I pretended like they were bothering me because I think these people are just doing their job. At first I gave them hell but when I noticed their desperation I pretended like stuff bothered me so they would not feel like they are incompetent. I think the people doing this sort of job don't have any other options in life so they get stuck or they are forced to do these things so I feel really bad for them. Not everyone has the choice of doing different work especially people who do specific jobs just so they can make ends meet.
    Let's keep the comedy rolling! Anyone else?
    I actually like this one. The Nuremberg defense, combined with pity and compassion for government tax ticks who don't want to find honest work. This one must be a first for RPF.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

Let's keep the comedy rolling! Anyone else?
    I actually like this one. The Nuremberg defense, combined with pity and compassion for government tax ticks who don't want to find honest work. This one must be a first for RPF.
    I'm just stay positive after all the harassment and you make fun of me, $#@! you dude.

I'm just stay positive after all the harassment and you make fun of me, $#@! you dude.
    I'm not making fun of you getting harassed. I'm making fun of your constant licking the boots of and shylling for those who enable and perform that harassment. Whether it's the war on drugs, terror, or immigrants, what it's really all about is a war on we, the people. You constantly shyll for those who want to use government as a weapon against political opposition or against those who you don't like. A perfect example of this is the recent EO on internet content. But then you when the force of government is turned against you in some way, you don't like it one bit. You cannot expect the force of government to be used as a weapon against someone else, without expecting that it will not eventually also be used on you in some way.

I'm perfectly willing to help you and give you advice on your situation, despite how you have spoken to me on a repeated basis. Why? Because you're a fellow human being. I don't care what letter comes after your name, whether you're a leftist or not, what the color of your skin is, what culture you belong to, if you're gay or not, or if you're an immigrant. You're a human being, that's the only thing that matters. As others have noted, you haven't provided any details of what government agency is harassing you, or how. Because of that, it is only possible to share some advice in the most general manner. And that advice is to follow Ron Paul's example, use your talents to do good in the world, and set the example for others by treating them as you would want to be treated yourself. Rather than licking the boot of and shylling for those who would use the force of goverment against people, oppose those types at every turn, in every possible way, no matter who they are. Don't keep thinking of people in terms of what group they might belong to, but think of them as fellow human beings, and treat them as you would have them treat you. We all reap what we sow. Again, if you're willing to speak in more detail as to what is going on (it's ok to PM me), then I'm more than glad to help in whatever way I can.

I'm not making fun of you getting harassed. I'm making fun of your constant licking the boots of and shylling for those who enable and perform that harassment. Whether it's the war on drugs, terror, or immigrants, what it's really all about is a war on we, the people. You constantly shyll for those who want to use government as a weapon against political opposition or against those who you don't like. A perfect example of this is the recent EO on internet content. But then you when the force of government is turned against you in some way, you don't like it one bit. You cannot expect the force of government to be used as a weapon against someone else, without expecting that it will not eventually also be used on you in some way.

I'm perfectly willing to help you and give you advice on your situation, despite how you have spoken to me on a repeated basis. Why? Because you're a fellow human being. I don't care what letter comes after your name, whether you're a leftist or not, what the color of your skin is, what culture you belong to, if you're gay or not, or if you're an immigrant. You're a human being, that's the only thing that matters. As others have noted, you haven't provided any details of what government agency is harassing you, or how. Because of that, it is only possible to share some advice in the most general manner. And that advice is to follow Ron Paul's example, use your talents to do good in the world, and set the example for others by treating them as you would want to be treated yourself. Rather than licking the boot of and shylling for those who would use the force of goverment against people, oppose those types at every turn, in every possible way, no matter who they are. Don't keep thinking of people in terms of what group they might belong to, but think of them as fellow human beings, and treat them as you would have them treat you. We all reap what we sow. Again, if you're willing to speak in more detail as to what is going on (it's ok to PM me), then I'm more than glad to help in whatever way I can.
    Illegal immigration is a war against the country. You made it personal when you commented on me and not the article. So i made it personal. I guess I can just take your comments as you being human and human beings are petty, but I dont give a $#@! about your humanity, you are an adversary of mine if you are going to personally attack me I am going to hit back.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Alarm as Trump Requests Permanent Reauthorization of NSA Mass Spying Program
    Where?

Not on RPF, evidently

The purpose might be to point out the tension between saying you oppose NSA spying while tongue-polishing Trump's boots on a daily basis?

I'm actually surprised that people haven't said this is false news since it's on a progressive website. Of course trampling of our rights like this should cross all ideological boundaries so maybe there is still hope that people care for liberty yet.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Must have been Bolton or one of the Neocons Trump has surrounded himself with. I'll wait for the president himself to weigh in, not the "White House."

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Where?

Not on RPF, evidently

The purpose might be to point out the tension between saying you oppose NSA spying while tongue-polishing Trump's boots on a daily basis?
    I don't opppose the NSA, the NSA are good hard working Americans trying to contribute to their communities.

I don't opppose the NSA, the NSA are good hard working Americans trying to contribute to their communities.
    It stimulates the economy..

YES!! Fantastic news, we need more Gobt agencies and Acts;

TSA
    NSA
    FBI
    CIA
    DHS
    DPS
    CPS
    ATF
    NDAA
    Patriot Act

There is still room for several hundred more Alphabet agency acronyms, we need more
    protection!!

There is still room for several hundred more Alphabet agency acronyms, we need more
    protection!!
    That's a nice country you've got there. Sure would be a shame to see anything happen to it.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Maybe this is part of trump's plan to eliminate the deficit and balance the budget.