Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: IL-Girl rats out pair of 16 y/o having sex, cop threatens boy, who commits suicide

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    Needs practice. A good first effort, though.

To sharpen your skillz at being uber-clever, I recommend intensive study of my posts.
    Predictable response.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    it had nothing to do with him sharing a sex tape and everything to do with being labelled a sex offender for the rest of his life.. he could get raped in prison, he could have to go around to all his neighbors houses in the future and explain to them that he is a sex offender, that is all MUCH worse than an audio sex tape going around high school.
    There is nothing in the article that suggests any of this is true, except pure speculation from the author.

We have no idea what motivated him to jump. Nowhere does the author actually quote the kid, and they talked to him a lot.

Maybe it was a Romeo and Juliet deal? Maybe in a couple days the girl takes a flying leap also because she has lost her true love? Maybe she didn't give a damn that he had a video and showed it to his buddies? Maybe the rat was a scorned lover seeking revenge? Maybe the kid was a gang-banging bad-ass and couldn't care less about going to prison and being labeled a sex-offender?

My point is that we have no idea, because the author provides no back-story and doesn't quote the kid at all - or the girl.

I'm not making excuses for anybody, I'm just saying the article is clearly written with an anti-cop bias. People who hate cops tend to post a lot of that.
    Last edited by Jamesiv1; 06-01-2017 at 04:24 AM.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Maybe you should go back and re-read the whole thread:
    It's my fault you couldn't bother to read the original story?

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    With TheTexan it's pretty easy to tell, not so much with him.
    That's part of the uber-cleverness!

You see, we who follow a gentle and quiet muse do not intend to call out those vile calumniators of cleverness (such as TheTexan) into the arena of honor. We know well that they shall be banished to the Centaurs and Lapiths by the decree of persons of quality and accomplishment who follow the arts and sciences.
    Last edited by Jamesiv1; 06-01-2017 at 07:18 AM.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.

I'm not making excuses for anybody, I'm just saying the article is clearly written with an anti-cop bias. People who hate cops tend to post a lot of that.

There is nothing in the article that suggests any of this is true, except pure speculation from the author.

We have no idea what motivated him to jump. Nowhere does the author actually quote the kid, and they talked to him a lot.

Maybe it was a Romeo and Juliet deal? Maybe in a couple days the girl takes a flying leap also because she has lost her true love? Maybe she didn't give a damn that he had a video and showed it to his buddies? Maybe the rat was a scorned lover seeking revenge? Maybe the kid was a gang-banging bad-ass and couldn't care less about going to prison and being labeled a sex-offender?

My point is that we have no idea, because the author provides no back-story and doesn't quote the kid at all - or the girl.

Even the cop admitted that was why he did it.

But you are right. Maybe he killed himself because he forgot how to tie his shoes. I'm sure it had nothing to do with being threatened with having his life ruined.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.

that law should be common knowledge to students by now

I find it incredible that anyone could view this is as nothing but a case of consensual sex between teenagers.

The article tells us nothing about the girl or the relationship between the two. Did any of you even notice that? It's as if she has no connection to the incident at all. http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...522-story.html (and note that it states she is the one that told the dean, not some third party)

Did this girl consent to having herself filmed AND having that film spread all over, whereby (admit it!) she would most likely be labeled as a world class slut - not for one day, but for years afterward?

The Chicago Tribune story tells us the girl only learned about the video after it had already been shown around to their peers and was in fact “mortified” over it. Notice, we don’t see the girl talking to the press because she’s likely hiding. No one’s making her out to be a victim. (On 2nd thought, that's not quite true - obviously the school and the cop consider her a victim. Not the written articles, though.)

Yet, consider the normal teenage girl who consents to sex with someone she cares about, only to find out later that he’s stabbed her in the back - not just used her - but very publicly made her the butt of ongoing SLUT gossip that will follow her for years.

Do you imagine that those who saw the video are not looking down on her? So, he fooled her to impress his friends. Sure, it's nothing new, but likely this girl is suffering an emotional trauma that wil affect her for a long, long time, maybe forever.

Has it not occurred to you guys that this is precisely the kind of thing that drives a teenage girl to suicide?! And drives pregnant teens to have abortions?! She and her family can’t comment, blame, or sue anyone because teenage girls who have sex are still shamed and stigmatized.

There’s nothing to indicate the kid’s biggest fear was being labeled a sexual offender - this is his family’s lawyer’s angle. Maybe he was just too ashamed to discuss what he’d done in front of his mom. Nice that he had such a wonderful, “happy, healthy” life until the day he chose to end it all, though. (Anyone wonder what kind of life the unwitting girl lives? Does she have the same promising future he did?)

Sad for his family that he committed suicide, but yes, it was his own selfish, lack of empathy that caused his predicament. So, the p'liceman scared him? Well, boo and hoo.

Sadder for the girl and the millions like her, because so few are willing to acknowledge the damage that is inflicted on a teenage girl when a teenage boy cavalierly decides to make her a social pariah in order to impress other teenage boys.
    Last edited by Valli6; 06-01-2017 at 02:14 PM.

Even the cop admitted that was why he did it.

But you are right. Maybe he killed himself because he forgot how to tie his shoes. I'm sure it had nothing to do with being threatened with having his life ruined.
    Was there any recording of the interaction of the cop with the kid? If not, i'd wager what he said was a lot worse than just being on the sex pervert list.

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    she would most likely be labeled as a world class slut
    That sounds like a good thing
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Oh my GOD... is the officer safe?
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

I find it incredible that anyone could view this is as nothing but a case of consensual sex between teenagers.

The article tells us nothing about the girl or the relationship between the two. Did any of you even notice that? It's as if she has no connection to the incident at all. http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...522-story.html (and note that it states she is the one that told the dean, not some third party)

Did this girl consent to having herself filmed AND having that film spread all over, whereby (admit it!) she would most likely be labeled as a world class slut - not for one day, but for years afterward?

The Chicago Tribune story tells us the girl only learned about the video after it had already been shown around to their peers and was in fact “mortified” over it. Notice, we don’t see the girl talking to the press because she’s likely hiding. No one’s making her out to be a victim. (On 2nd thought, that's not quite true - obviously the school and the cop consider her a victim. Not the written articles, though.)

Yet, consider the normal teenage girl who consents to sex with someone she cares about, only to find out later that he’s stabbed her in the back - not just used her - but very publicly made her the butt of ongoing SLUT gossip that will follow her for years.

Do you imagine that those who saw the video are not looking down on her? So, he fooled her to impress his friends. Sure, it's nothing new, but likely this girl is suffering an emotional trauma that wil affect her for a long, long time, maybe forever.

Has it not occurred to you guys that this is precisely the kind of thing that drives a teenage girl to suicide?! And drives pregnant teens to have abortions?! She and her family can’t comment, blame, or sue anyone because teenage girls who have sex are still shamed and stigmatized.

There’s nothing to indicate the kid’s biggest fear was being labeled a sexual offender - this is his family’s lawyer’s angle. Maybe he was just too ashamed to discuss what he’d done in front of his mom. Nice that he had such a wonderful, “happy, healthy” life until the day he chose to end it all, though. (Anyone wonder what kind of life the unwitting girl lives? Does she have the same promising future he did?)

Sad for his family that he committed suicide, but yes, it was his own selfish, lack of empathy that caused his predicament. So, the p'liceman scared him? Well, boo and hoo.

Sadder for the girl and the millions like her, because so few are willing to acknowledge the damage that is inflicted on a teenage girl when a teenage boy cavalierly decides to make her a social pariah in order to impress other teenage boys.
    She could have just kept her legs together.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel Poet View Post
    Even after that he gave me a negrep calling me a "dip$#@!" about it. He might have reading compensation issues, but considering how belligerent he's being, and what he said to Willy, there's a more likely cause.
    Are you a 12-year old? You neg rep me with "Copsucker" and then cry like a baby when I return the favor?

Last edited by Jamesiv1; 06-02-2017 at 03:43 AM.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.

Are you a 12-year old? You neg rep me with "Copsucker" and then cry like a baby when I return the favor?

First, revenge reps are against the forum guidelines, second, it's apples and oranges: your copsucking is a matter of public record on this thread, while I was not being a "dip$#@!" for informing you about suicide questions, and third, I was referencing your belligerent attitude in the face of being corrected to make a point about your behavior.
    Last edited by The Rebel Poet; 06-02-2017 at 04:37 AM.
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel Poet View Post
    First, revenge reps are against the forum guidelines, second, it's apples and oranges: your copsucking is a matter of public record on this thread, while I was not being a "dip$#@!" for informing you about suicide questions, and third, I was referencing your belligerent attitude in the face of being corrected to make a point about your behavior.
    No... Actually, you were crying like a baby while trying to make it appear like I punched you first, which is childish.

My post you -repped was
    There is nothing in the story that suggests what was going thru the kid's mind when he jumped.
    Nothing at all.
    The mother asked, "Was he suicidal?" which suggests this wasn't the first time he had been that way.
    Blaming it all on the cop is a leap (no pun intended).
    So me saying "Blaming it all on the cop is a leap" makes me a copsucker in your mind?

Also childish.
    Last edited by Jamesiv1; 06-02-2017 at 05:13 AM.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm just saying the article is clearly written with an anti-cop bias. People who hate cops tend to post a lot of that.
    Cops tend to give them reasons for doing so.

Blaming it all on the cop is a leap (no pun intended).
    People who don't intend the puns they use can get the hell out.

I feel so naked right now.
    At least you've got a funny hat ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Pretty neat trick......considering the kid was DEAD, and Miss Cleo is no longer around. lmao

You are just making this stuff up as you go, huh?

The fact we know is that the kid showed a blurry video to a group of kids and told them he had sex with the girl. That, alone, makes him a jerk. If he had kept a private act private....but no, he has to brag...

Man enough to have sex, but not man enough to be interrogated without mommy? You can't have it both ways. Keep up with the name calling. It's pretty clear where the bias is.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    The fact we know is that the kid showed a blurry video to a group of kids and told them he had sex with the girl. That, alone, makes him a jerk. If he had kept a private act private....but no, he has to brag...

Man enough to have sex, but not man enough to be interrogated without mommy? You can't have it both ways. Keep up with the name calling. It's pretty clear where the bias is.
    Correct. It is VERY easy to see where the bias is. You are a misandrist. It is very easy to see indeed. My only question is why are you attempting to glom on to the liberty movement when you totally appear to hate liberty?

Yeah a jerk move. Some of us just have a problem with the fact he's dead. You are the one constantly bashing a dead kid which is hardly nice. If it was your kid who was dead I would tell people to cut it out to. But I guess you're so perfect any offspring of yours must be perfect and never do anything bad.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Yeah a jerk move. Some of us just have a problem with the fact he's dead. You are the one constantly bashing a dead kid which is hardly nice. If it was your kid who was dead I would tell people to cut it out to. But I guess you're so perfect any offspring of yours must be perfect and never do anything bad.
    It's okay that he's dead because he's one of those dirty males.

Anti-Cop bias?

Can you explain?

Are you Authoritarian,, or a supporter of Liberty?
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    It's okay that he's dead because he's one of those dirty males.
    Make sure you put words in my mouth. Not a single one of you has given any thought to the poor girl he slept with and broadcast to the school.

No, it's not okay he's dead. It was his choice, though, and that's about as liberty thinking as it gets, especially when you remember he put himself in the situation to begin with. All he had to do was shut up. Liberty is about accepting responsibility for one's own actions, clearly something the boy was not prepared to do.

Don't blame the cop. Blame the boy.
    #NashvilleStrong

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    ^

You're not getting it. He didn't kill himself because of the consequence of his friends telling on him and being made fun of and getting in trouble with his and her parents. He killed himself over fear of threat of being labeled a Pedo..... "criminality".
    I do get it. You all don't get it. He recorded himself having sex with a fellow student and broadcast it at school. There is little doubt about what he did. Had he not broadcast it at school it would not have gone where it did. His own choices landed him in the school office and with police. You cannot on one hand say at age 16 he has liberty to have sex and broadcast the recording and then say he is too young to be interrogated by school officials and police without his parents present. This is very inconsistent thinking. Somehow the law only applies when it suits you all. That's just crazy.

Thank you for all the name calling, by the way. Liberty says I have the right to a point of view.
    #NashvilleStrong

No... Actually, you were crying like a baby while trying to make it appear like I punched you first, which is childish.

My post you -repped was

So me saying "Blaming it all on the cop is a leap" makes me a copsucker in your mind?

Also childish.
    Good lord, are you still getting that wrong? I pointed out your error way back in the thread. The mother didn't ask, she was asked. Why do you insist on repeating that falsehood?
    "The Patriarch"

I do get it. You all don't get it. He recorded himself having sex with a fellow student and broadcast it at school. There is little doubt about what he did. Had he not broadcast it at school it would not have gone where it did. His own choices landed him in the school office and with police. You cannot on one hand say at age 16 he has liberty to have sex and broadcast the recording and then say he is too young to be interrogated by school officials and police without his parents present. This is very inconsistent thinking. Somehow the law only applies when it suits you all. That's just crazy.

Thank you for all the name calling, by the way. Liberty says I have the right to a point of view.
    Using your logic, if a Jewish person was captured by the Nazis and sent to a concentration camp and gassed to death because they stole a loaf of bread, then they deserved it because they stole the loaf of bread and put themselves in that situation.

Proportionality.

Remember that the girl made the decision to have sex with a boy who recorded them having sex. Shouldn't she have maybe gotten to know him better before having sex with him so she would know that he had the type of character that might record them without her knowledge and share it with people? Does she not have any responsibility in this?

It's like battered women - ya, I feel bad for them, they deserve help - but what the $#@! are they doing in relationships with guys like that in the first place? There are plenty of single guys who have been in relationships with women without ever being physical or violent, why are so many of them single and why are women in relationships with guys who beat them?

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    She could have just kept her legs together.
    Using the same logic, the boy could've just kept his dick in his own hand. He wouldn't have gotten in trouble and he'd still be alive... but let's be realistic.

He could've simply had sex without secretly filming this girl - with the malicious intention of later publicizing it and debasing her to impress his friends. If he were up front about his intentions, she could've made a decision about whether or not she actually wanted to get close to such a child. I'm guessing not. Anyone think otherwise?

She was on the level. He was not. She had no malicious intentions, while his intentions were cruel and self-serving. Why should she be ostracized, while he be pitied?

As far as the cop goes, this is the lamest "cops suck" story I've seen here. He "scared" him? What should he have done? shoot him? arrest him? Any man with a daughter or sister is going to be repulsed by what this kid did. His parents spoiled him. Supposedly, it was the first time the kid got in trouble in his life and he couldn't handle the criticism - which he deserved. Eh.

This attitude that a teenage girl who has sex - even once - deserves any and all suffering, is one reason that teenage girls have abortions. No one wants to wear that scarlet letter for the rest of their life. As long as this belief remains "normal" you will not see abortion outlawed. It's just reality.

Using the same logic, the boy could've just kept his dick in his own hand. He wouldn't have gotten in trouble and he'd still be alive... but let's be realistic.

He could've simply had sex without secretly filming this girl - with the malicious intention of later publicizing it and debasing her to impress his friends. If he were up front about his intentions, she could've made a decision about whether or not she actually wanted to get close to such a child. I'm guessing not. Anyone think otherwise?

She was on the level. He was not. She had no malicious intentions, while his intentions were cruel and self-serving. Why should she be ostracized, while he be pitied?

As far as the cop goes, this is the lamest "cops suck" story I've seen here. He "scared" him? What should he have done? shoot him? arrest him? Any man with a daughter or sister is going to be repulsed by what this kid did. His parents spoiled him. Supposedly, it was the first time the kid got in trouble in his life and he couldn't handle the criticism - which he deserved. Eh.

This attitude that a teenage girl who has sex - even once - deserves any and all suffering, is one reason that teenage girls have abortions. No one wants to wear that scarlet letter for the rest of their life. As long as this belief remains "normal" you will not see abortion outlawed. It's just reality.
    Lot of ASSuming here.

Bottom line- the kid was wrong- both kids were foolish.

BUT the cop had no business threatening the boy with a lie that could have ruined his life forever.
    There is no spoon.

This attitude that a teenage girl who has sex - even once - deserves any and all suffering
    Where did this come from?

I haven't read anyone calling for the girl to "suffer" over getting laid.

I've called ratting wrong and I'll stick with that...

Bragging is wrong too but to a MUCH lesser extent, ratting can result in jail time where bragging damages ego.

The way the article is penned the girl who got laid and the rat are two different people, at least that's my take on it.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post

Bragging is wrong
    There ought to be a law....

There ought to be a law....
    $#@! a bunch of laws!

Laws brought this whole thread, and the death it's premised on about...

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast