Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The GOP Should Shun Laura Loomer

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    LOL, I was wondering from which direction this was coming...

Then I saw (T)Reason mag and Bill Kristol.

Question answered.

I used to live there, she's got almost zero chance of winning in that district, but now, I'm inclined to toss $20 into her fund.
    I think she is worth supporting with $20 just to aggravate the situation. I will match you.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    The Marxist's candidates are outside people's houses threatening to kill them.

Their party embraces and supports them.

And they win.

It's long past time for "us" to stop playing nice, as our enemies coalesce into a mighty force to destroy us.

Let me put it another way...I hope she wins her race, and I don't give if $#@! if she's blowing David Duke, on the side.
    This is the reality of what we are facing. Marxists don't believe in any non-aggression principle. Many of them are violent and openly advocate killing non-believers. It is a matter of self-defense as far as I am concerned. This is one reason why I will glad stand as an ally with Republican voters even if they aren't libertarian. This is A Time for Choosing and I have made my choice. It was very easy and I am very comfortable with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Weren't we hating on Kristol some years ago?
    I always have time for hating on Bill Kristol. He and his kind are liberal Republicans that have much more in common with Hillary Clinton than any conservatives. I thank Trump for pushing them back over to the Democrat party that they were born from. Trump may not have planned on that happening, but it is a wonderful benefit that people like Kristol no longer have the support of Republican voters.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    I appears that Google is hiding her website from searches. I had to go to Ballotpedia just to find her campaign website.

https://lauraloomerforcongress.com/

Laura Loomer for Congress Inc
    A * loomercongress
    $20.00
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    I appears that Google is hiding her website from searches. I had to go to Ballotpedia just to find her campaign website.

https://lauraloomerforcongress.com/

Laura Loomer for Congress Inc
    A * loomercongress
    $20.00
    6th search result for me. A few CNN ans washpo articles then her campaign site

Several articles have come out very similar to the OP article...this one adds "blame Trump" to the narrative.

How Donald Trump Made Laura Loomer’s Primary Win Possible

Laura Loomer has secured her place as the Republican nominee in Florida’s 21st congressional district. Among her qualifications to sit in the chamber once inhabited by Abraham Lincoln and James Madison are being permanently banned from Twitter, protesting that decision by handcuffing herself to Twitter’s HQ in New York for two hours (police then freed her at her own request), and being barred from the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) in 2019.
    For the second straight week, a reprehensible wingnut who offers conservatives nothing but a bad reputation has won a Republican primary. Thankfully, Loomer has no shot at winning (per Cook Political’s Dave Wasserman), so we will not be seeing any Marjorie Taylor Greene–Loomer cosponsored legislation to draw and quarter Jack Dorsey or replace John Roberts with QAnon on the Supreme Court. But Republicans must nonetheless ask themselves how they’ve arrived at this point.

President Trump is a good place to start. Since the race was called in Loomer’s favor last night, Trump’s Twitter has become a Loomer fan account. According to the president, Loomer’s victory in the primary was a “Big win,” Loomer has a “great chance” of defeating “Pelosi puppet” Lois Frankel in the general election, and he even concurred with Greene that Twitter must reinstate Loomer’s account. If you’re surprised by Loomer’s win, you may not have been paying attention.

A party that selects a conspiracy theorist willing to appeal to people’s worst instincts as its representative at the top of the ticket is bound to attract and support more of the same down-ballot. It is Donald Trump who willingly and purposefully claimed the mantle of birther-in-chief during Barack Obama’s first term. It is Donald Trump who called for a Muslim ban during his campaign for the office he now holds. It is Donald Trump who, just a few months ago, while a pandemic ravaged the country, insisted that Joe Scarborough should be investigated for the “murder” of one of his former congressional interns, who died over 20 years ago.

Trump is not the first demagogue or conspiracy theorist to hold federal office. Far from it. But he is the most powerful, and the effect he has had on the quality of Republican candidates around the country has been palpably deleterious. It’s impossible to say if Loomer would be a Republican candidate for Congress were Trump not president. But it is easy to recognize that his support helped her, and that no other GOP nominee for president — or any of the other candidates for the Republican presidential nomination in 2016 — would have ever considered promoting Loomer the way Trump has.

Furthermore, GOP leaders in Congress have a responsibility to reject the Greenes and Loomers of the world, even when they prevail in their primaries. National Review has convincingly argued that Greene should be denied committee assignments upon her taking office — like Steve King before her — yet House minority leader Kevin McCarthy has given no indication that he will follow this prudent advice. To the contrary, McCarthy has stated that he and his team “look forward” to her victory in November. McCarthy may think it in the party’s best interest not to pick a fight with Greene. But if he treats her like just another member of his caucus, he will be as responsible as Trump for the rise of her, Loomer, and copycats around the country.
    More: https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/...-win-possible/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Laura Loomer’s victory reveals Trump’s priority: Stoking, not policing, his base
    Anti-left contentiousness is a goal in and of itself.

By itself, Laura Loomer’s victory in the Republican primary for Florida’s 21st Congressional District doesn’t offer much of a revelation about politics in America.

She won about 43 percent of the vote in Tuesday night’s primary, as of this writing, enough to earn a place in November’s general election. That’s probably as far as she’ll get. The 21st District isn’t viewed as competitive by Cook Political Report; Hillary Clinton won it by nearly 20 points in 2016.

There’s a long tradition of gadflies winning party primaries in places where it doesn’t really matter, and Loomer is certainly that. She’s been called a provocateur, but the elegance of the French label lends her an unwarranted air of sophistication. Loomer rose to prominence as an anti-Muslim troll, seizing onto right-wing rhetoric as a springboard for increasing her visibility. So her victory could simply be seen as an example of that long-standing tradition.

It could, that is, were it not for Loomer’s victory being elevated by President Trump. In tweets Tuesday night and early Wednesday, Trump offered Loomer his congratulations and retweeted news articles about her victory. Loomer could have been seen as part of the Republican fringe who got lucky in a crowded primary field, but Trump made sure that she was seen in another way — as part of the team at the heart of the Republican Party.
    Part of Trump’s celebration of Loomer, though, was obviously his interest in goading those who would disapprove. He retweeted a congratulatory message to Loomer from Georgia congressional candidate Marjorie Taylor Greene, whose own past embrace of conspiracy theories including QAnon prompted consternation when she won a runoff earlier this month.
    Loomer seems like something else, though. It’s less simply about her being a Republican and more about the fact that she intentionally goes out of her way to frustrate liberals. To Trump, this is a valuable thing, a way to stoke the fire that is his base. It’s why the Republican convention next week will include a number of figures who have become celebrities within conservative media, such as the St. Louis couple who emerged from their house with firearms to confront Black Lives Matter protesters.

After all, Trump’s apparent reelection strategy in 2020 mirrors his strategy in 2016: Amplify turnout among his supporters in lieu of expanding his support more broadly. The St. Louis couple plays a role in stimulating part of his base. Loomer plays a natural role in stimulating another part.
    The reason the Republican Party can’t effectively police its ranks to stymie people like Loomer, of course, is Trump himself. The GOP can’t disavow Loomer when the head of the party is clearly sympathetic to her, to her style and to her views. The GOP can’t draw firm lines on behavior when Trump is always willing to cross them and always willing to embrace those who join him. There have always been elements of the GOP that flirt with politically challenging boundaries, such as Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa), who lost his primary earlier this year.
    At some point, Trump will leave office, and, at some point, his voice in Republican politics will be diminished. The question then is how candidates like Loomer or Greene are treated. Are they tolerated? Are they sidelined? Or, in the spirit of Trump, are they embraced as candidates with a constituency, however problematic, and given the chance to goose the number of votes the GOP can earn in the House?
    More: https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...cing-his-base/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by jon4liberty View Post
    I updated your thread at libertyauthors.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12