Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Border crossing shut down after 'large and unruly group' forms in Mexico

Border crossing shut down after 'large and unruly group' forms in Mexico

U.S. authorities closed an international border bridge in El Paso, Texas, early Monday in response to Central American and Cuban migrants protesting on the Mexican side of the border.

The protesters in Ciudad Juárez were chanting "vamos a cruzar" — "we are going to cross" — before Customs and Border Protection officials closed the bridge about 2 a.m., reported CNN.

The decision to close the bridge came as "a large and unruly group formed on the Mexican side," according to CBP spokesman Roger Maier.

Local TV station KTSM reported the group was comprised of about 250 Cuban and Salvadoran migrants; Ciudad Juarez newspaper El Diario reported the group was comprised of Cubans and Hondurans.

The Mexican National Guard deployed troops to the area, but they did not engage the protesters, according to El Diario.

CBP closed all lanes of traffic on the Paso del Norte Bridge, and reopened pedestrian lanes at 5:25 a.m., Meier said in an email.

More at: https://thehill.com/latino/451223-bo...orms-in-mexico
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Visgoths?
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Trump could say:

“As a newfound ex-Democrat who wants your republican vote, I am here to make a special announcement to my fellow Americans.

We seem to have a crisis, one that I take responsibility for exasperating when I threatened to build an expensive, however useless, wall.

This has caused a major influx of people since I took office, increased spending, growing the federal government in the way of border patrol DHS, ICE, and other government employees, while threatening private/business properties and contract rights, and close-knit generational communities. All of this affects a $1 Billion per day market place, while exasperating the War on Drugs, which as we all know needs to end.

I hereby call for an emergency Executive Order, not to give $4.5 Billion in additional incentives, or money to fund the United Nations and African Refugees like I did the last time, but to cease all incentives, because the American people can no longer afford it.

If foreigners wish to visit this Land of the Free Home of the Brave, we will welcome your money to expand tourism and other markets. If you are planning to arrive for other purposes, remember that there is no free money or services available.

If I am not re-elected next term because of this Order, so be it, I will go down as the greatest president of history. Thank you very much.”

But he won’t.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Trump could say:

“As a newfound ex-Democrat who wants your republican vote, I am here to make a special announcement to my fellow Americans.

We seem to have a crisis, one that I take responsibility for exasperating when I threatened to build an expensive, however useless, wall.

This has caused a major influx of people since I took office, increased spending, growing the federal government in the way of border patrol DHS, ICE, and other government employees, while threatening private/business properties and contract rights, and close-knit generational communities. All of this affects a $1 Billion per day market place, while exasperating the War on Drugs, which as we all know needs to end.

I hereby call for an emergency Executive Order, not to give $4.5 Billion in additional incentives, or money to fund the United Nations and African Refugees like I did the last time, but to cease all incentives, because the American people can no longer afford it.

If foreigners wish to visit this Land of the Free Home of the Brave, we will welcome your money to expand tourism and other markets. If you are planning to arrive for other purposes, remember that there is no free money or services available.

If I am not re-elected next term because of this Order, so be it, I will go down as the greatest president of history. Thank you very much.”

But he won’t.
    He doesn't have the authority and that wouldn't be good enough.

His policies haven't caused an increase, the globalists did to try and beat the increase in border security he is enacting.

Go peddle your nonsense elsewhere.
    Last edited by Swordsmyth; 07-01-2019 at 03:35 PM.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    He doesn't have the authority and that wouldn't be good enough.

His policies haven't cause an increase, the globalists did to try and beat the increase in border security he is enacting.

Go peddle your nonsense elsewhere.
    Get lost, statist pro-government-growth lib.

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    Visgoths?
    Yep pretty much what you are going to get with cubans , Salvadorans and Hondurans .
    Do something Danke

The globalists are everywhere in govs even in Italy's gov there are factions trying to free that SeaWatch captain.

Get lost, globalist crypto-commie.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Are you pro open borders to now?
    You are another one.

You have no comprehension of free markets, how this Fed.gov is killing our freedom, while charging us an endless supply of frn’s to line the pockets of the corporatists/NWO. Furthermore, you have no insight how each one of the Bill if Rights are being destroyed by SS’s “solutions”.

There is a neat course that you can take: “Liberty Classroom” Please look into it.

You are another one.

You have no comprehension of free markets, how this Fed.gov is killing our freedom, while charging us an endless supply of frn’s to line the pockets of the corporatists/NWO. Furthermore, you have no insight how each one of the Bill if Rights are being destroyed by SS’s “solutions”.

There is a neat course that you can take: “Liberty Classroom” Please look into it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

You snooze you loose. Wake up out of your stupor.

Or better yet, quit your pro-growth-government forum job so I don’t have to pay your lousy pension.

You snooze you loose. Wake up out of your stupor.

Or better yet, quit your pro-growth-government forum job so I don’t have to pay your lousy pension.
    I can't help falling asleep when you repeat your drivel over and over.

Move to Mexico and stop betraying my country.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I can't help falling asleep when you repeat your drivel over and over.

Move to Mexico and stop betraying my country.

Show me your private property deed, collectivist.

Show me your private property deed, collectivist.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

That is not a private property deed, nor a contract that I signed.

See how much you think you know, centralist-planner supporter?
    Last edited by PAF; 07-01-2019 at 04:08 PM.

yep

and my family signed it in blood and treasure

it is UNALIENABLE

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You are another one.

So according to you. Open Border is good for free markets?

you have no insight how each one of the Bill if Rights are being destroyed by SS’s “solutions”.

I don't remember anywhere in the bill of rights where it states support for open borders. Or such ideology.

yep

and my family signed it in blood and treasure
    Your family may have, mine did not. I did have family members mutilated and killed in some of the banker wars, though.

it is UNALIENABLE
    Rights, as in the Bills of, which provide no provision for prosecuting government officials who violate the list of 10. The rest of the Constitution is not UNALIENABLE, AFAIK.
    Last edited by PAF; 07-01-2019 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    So according to you. Open Border is good for free markets?

I don't remember anywhere in the bill of rights where it states support for open borders. Or such ideology.

The list of 10 Natural Rights outlined in the Bill of Rights does not support restrictionism either. Restrictionism, without being suspected of a crime against person or property, without a warrant, without facing the accuser and a speedy trial, does violate the Bill of Rights.

There is a thread in the Ron Paul sub forum: “Ron Paul’s Solution”, you should check it out. There’s even a nifty map of all the land the Fed took over:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...l%92s-Solution

The list of 10 Natural Rights outlined in the Bill of Rights does not support restrictionism either. Restrictionism, without being suspected of a crime against person or property, without a warrant, without facing the accuser and a speedy trial, does violate the Bill of Rights.

There is a thread in the Ron Paul sub forum: “Ron Paul’s Solution”, you should check it out. There’s even a nifty map of all the land the Fed took over:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...l%92s-Solution
    LOL

Nowhere in the BoR does it give foreigners the right to invade, foreigners posses their rights in their territory, the founders would have laughed you out of the country:

Originally Posted by Anti Federalist

From the very beginning, from before there was a United States, you were required to join a church, register your family name and everybody in your family and apply for "freeman" papers, when arriving the colonies.

The dates in May of 1634 and 1636 are chosen
    because of some features of the migration process. Most passenger ships
    did not leave England until spring, because of the bad weather in the
    North Atlantic earlier in the year. Thus it would be impossible for a
    passenger on one of these ships to have joined a church and then applied
    for freemanship in time for the annual General Court of Election, which
    in 1634 took place on 14 May and in 1636 on 25 May. Thus it is
    assumed that all the men who appeared in the list of freemen on 25 May
    1636 must have arrived in New England no later than 1635.

To say that there was in early America no idea of who was coming or going, no records kept and no control over who showed up, is just not historically accurate.

https://www.constitution.org/cmt/law_of_nations.htm

The meaning of "Offenses against the Law of Nations"

Art. I Sec. 8 Cl. 10 of the Constitution for the United States delegates the power to Congress to "define and punish ... Offenses against the Law of Nations". It is important to understand what is and is not included in the term of art "law of nations", and not confuse it with "international law". They are not the same thing. The phrase "law of nations" is a direct translation of the Latin jus gentium, which means the underlying principles of right and justice among nations, and during the founding era was not considered the same as the "laws", that is, the body of treaties and conventions between nations, the jus inter gentes, which, combined with jus gentium, comprise the field of "international law". The distinction goes back to ancient Roman Law.

Briefly, the Law of Nations at the point of ratification in 1788 included the following general elements, taken from Blackstone's Commentaries, and prosecution of those who might violate them:

(1) No attacks on foreign nations, their citizens, or shipping, without either a declaration of war or letters of marque and reprisal.

(2) Honoring of the flag of truce, peace treaties, and boundary treaties. No entry across national borders without permission of national authorities.

(3) Protection of wrecked ships, their passengers and crew, and their cargo, from depredation by those who might find them.

(4) Prosecution of piracy by whomever might be able to capture the pirates, even if those making the capture or their nations had not been victims.

(5) Care and decent treatment of prisoners of war.

(6) Protection of foreign embassies, ambassadors, and diplomats, and of foreign ships and their passengers, crew, and cargo while in domestic waters or in port.

(7) Honoring of extradition treaties for criminals who committed crimes in a nation with whom one has such a treaty who escape to one's territory or are found on the high seas established with all nations in 1788,

(8) Prohibition of enslavement of foreign nationals and international trading in slaves.

Originally Posted by Anti Federalist

"[N]o endeavor should be spared to detect and suppress (the immigrant who would cause) the fraudulent usurpation of our flag; an abuse which brings so much embarrassment and loss on the genuine citizen, and so much danger to the nation of being involved in war" - "The Writings of Thomas Jefferson," Volume 3, p. 338

To parse Jefferson's 19th century legalese here:

"The government should spare no expense to prohibit immigrants would turn the country upside down, promote internal warfare and cause damage to the native citizens."
    I have taken the term of four millions and a half of inhabitants for example's sake only. Yet I am persuaded it is a greater number than the country spoken of, considering how much inarrable land it contains, can clothe and feed, without a material change in the quality of their diet. But are there no inconveniences to be thrown into the scale against the advantage expected from a multiplication of numbers by the importation of foreigners? It is for the happiness of those united in society to harmonize as much as possible in matters which they must of necessity transact together. Civil government being the sole object of forming societies, its administration must be conducted by common consent. Every species of government has its specific principles. Ours perhaps are more peculiar than those of any other in the universe. It is a composition of the freest principles of the English constitution, with others derived from natural right and natural reason. To these nothing can be more opposed than the maxims of absolute monarchies. Yet, from such, we are to expect the greatest number of emigrants. They will bring with them the principles of the governments they leave, imbibed in their early youth; or, if able to throw them off, it will be in exchange for an unbounded licentiousness, passing, as is usual, from one extreme to another. It would be a miracle were they to stop precisely at the point of temperate liberty. These principles, with their language, they will transmit to their children. In proportion to their numbers, they will share with us the legislation. They will infuse into it their spirit, warp and bias its direction, and render it a heterogeneous, incoherent, distracted mass. I may appeal to experience, during the present contest, for a verification of these conjectures. But, if they be not certain in event, are they not possible, are they not probable? Is it not safer to wait with patience 27 years and three months longer, for the attainment of any degree of population desired, or expected? May not our government be more homogeneous, more peaceable, more durable? Suppose 20 millions of republican Americans thrown all of a sudden into France, what would be the condition of that kingdom? If it would be more turbulent, less happy, less strong, we may believe that the addition of half a million of foreigners to our present numbers would produce a similar effect here. If they come of themselves, they are entitled to all the rights of citizenship: but I doubt the expediency of inviting them by extraordinary encouragements. I mean not that these doubts should be extended to the importation of useful artificers. The policy of that measure depends on very different considerations. Spare no expence in obtaining them. They will after a while go to the plough and the hoe; but, in the mean time, they will teach us something we do not know. It is not so in agriculture. The indifferent state of that among us does not proceed from a want of knowledge merely; it is from our having such quantities of land to waste as we please. In Europe the object is to make the most of their land, labour being abundant: here it is to make the most of our labour, land being abundant.

http://xroads.virginia.edu/~hyper/jefferson/ch08.html

"Every society has a right to fix the fundamental principles of its association, and to say to all individuals, that if they contemplate pursuits beyond the limits of these principles and involving dangers which the society chooses to avoid, they must go somewhere else for their exercise; that we want no citizens, and still less ephemeral and pseudo-citizens, on such terms. We may exclude them from our territory, as we do persons infected with disease." --Thomas Jefferson to William H. Crawford, 1816. ME 15:28

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Your family may have, mine did not. I did have family members mutilated and killed in some of the banker wars, though.

Rights, as in the Bills of, which provide no provision for prosecuting government officials who violate the list of 10.
    42 usc 1983?

And its Unalienable cause we sez it is... I think that's how it's supposed to work

Thank you Carl Miller!

Baptiste said.

42 usc 1983?

And its Unalienable cause we sez it is... I think that's how it's supposed to work

Thank you Carl Miller!

Carl Miller is good I listen to him time permitting. You are missing the bigger picture, as far as everything that I have been ranting about. I guess it is time to move on... trump did a hell of a number convincing people that nationalism and support of the Fed supersedes the right of the individual. That’s why they propped him up after 8 years of Obama and 8 years of Bush. The cycle must continue.

I guess it is time to move on...
    "Don't let the door hit you on the way out" - Thomas Jefferson
    @Danke, he is promising to leave again.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

"Don't let the door hit you on the way out" - Thomas Jefferson
    @Danke, he is promising to leave again.

He/she won't.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    He/she won't.
    I don't expect it to either, that kind has no honor.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I don't expect it to either, that kind has no honor.
    Wow, I graduated to “it” lol

No, I’m not going anywhere, someone has to defend the site and Ron Paul’s mission against you and Little Danke Do Something.

I’m a he, btw.

You are another one.

Just save time and just chant your real feelings: "NO BORDERS NO WALL NO USA AT ALL"
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    Just save time and just chant your real feelings: "NO BORDERS NO WALL NO USA AT ALL"
    I was just here thinking, why don’t you, SwordShill and Danke Do Something just chant, End the Fed Bill of Rights.

I was just here thinking, why don’t you, SwordShill and Danke Do Something just chant, End the Fed Bill of Rights.
    The people who wrote the BoR are on our side.

But you will continue to ignore that and spout your idiotic mantra.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The people who wrote the BoR are on our side.

But you will continue to ignore that and spout your idiotic mantra.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...%92s-Solution&

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast