Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Texan will be pissed

Exclamation The Texan will be pissed

@TheTexan

I don't think @Danke is voting hard enough...you need to speak to him about this.

Minnesota city council has voted unanimously to stop reciting the Pledge of Allegiance

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/st-loui...ance-meetings/

June 27, 2019 / 9:16 AM / CBS News

Members of the city council for a Minneapolis suburb have voted to stop reciting the Pledge of Allegiance before council meetings, citing an effort to "create a more welcoming environment." CBS Minnesota reports the St. Louis Park city council voted unanimously to make the change that will take effect on July 15.

"In order to create a more welcoming environment to a diverse community, we are going to forgo saying the Pledge of Allegiance before every meeting," said Council Member Tim Brausen. At the meeting, Brausen said members might recite it in the future if there's an appropriate opportunity, like if Boy Scouts are there.

David Gohman has made his home in St. Louis Park for nearly 30 years. The American flags that adorn his garden aren't just decorations.

"It represents a lot to this country. Freedom," Gohman said. He lives on Flag Avenue and holds traditions like the Pledge of Allegiance close to his heart. "I think it should be said every time, whether it is in school or meetings or whatever," he said. "We owe it to the country."

Some council members in his city don't feel the same way. Five members voted during the June 17 meeting to drop the pledge from their meetings.

Ellen Hertz, a business owner in the city, says she has no problem with the change, but doesn't think it was necessary.

"In terms of what would offend people and what offends me, that's not at the top of the list," Hertz said.

Mayor Jake Spano wasn't at the meeting when this change was approved. He says getting rid of the pledge wasn't a big priority for him.

Spano told CBS Minnesota via email: "I think there are more substantive things we should be working on to make our city more open and welcoming."
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    @oyarde, do something.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

St. Louis Park, lots of laughs.. Liberal Jews dominate there. I am from Saint Paul, BTW.

“St. Jewish Park”
    Last edited by Danke; 06-29-2019 at 09:23 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Unacceptable.
    @Danke fix this. I know what happened in Beijing. Don't make me ask twice.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Members of the city council for a Minneapolis suburb have voted to stop reciting the Pledge of Allegiance before council meetings, citing an effort to "create a more welcoming environment."
    "more welcoming"?? More welcoming, for who? For anarchists?!??
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    A yankee like you would want to make everyone pledge that the country is indivisible.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

St Paul has been a hotbed of subversive activity since 1944 or before . I used to leave tips for the House Committee of UnAmerican Activities as far back as 1938 .
    Do something Danke

Stop asking stupid questions. Welcoming means welcoming. You do not want to have enemies, do you?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    A yankee like you would want to make everyone pledge that the country is indivisible.
    It is indivisible. The only people who say otherwise hate America and are terrorists and/or anarchists. Which are you?
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    St Paul has been a hotbed of subversive activity since 1944 or before . I used to leave tips for the House Committee of UnAmerican Activities as far back as 1938 .
    +rep You're a Great American
    - Kim Kardashian

It is indivisible. The only people who say otherwise hate America and are terrorists and/or anarchists. Which are you?
    I'm not an anarchist.........................

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I'm not an anarchist.........................
    No $#@!.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    St. Louis Park, lots of laughs.. Liberal Jews dominate there. I am from Saint Paul, BTW.

“St. Jewish Park”
    Somebody rep Danke for me please...Been chuckling for five minutes now over that.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Somebody rep Danke for me please...Been chuckling for five minutes now over that.
    That was funny. I'll spread some to Danke for ya.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

@TheTexan is gonna grab his torch and pitchfork about this.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    @TheTexan is gonna grab his torch and pitchfork about this.
    Metaphorically speaking of course. Raising an actual pitchfork or torch in anger would be very illegal.
    - Kim Kardashian

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nike Ditches ‘Betsy Ross Flag’ Sneaker After Colin Kaepernick Raises Concerns over the Flag’s Connection to Slavery

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/201...ction-slavery/

DYLAN GWINN 1 Jul 2019

Nike has decided to pull their America-themed 4th of July sneakers which featured the “Betsy Ross” flag, after former NFL anthem-protester and Nike pitchman Colin Kaepernick raised concerns over the offensive symbolism he felt the flag displayed, the Wall Street Journal reports.

According to the WSJ:

The sneaker giant created the Air Max 1 USA in celebration of the July Fourth holiday, and it was slated to go on sale this week. The heel of the shoe featured a U.S. flag with 13 white stars in a circle, a design created during the American Revolution and commonly referred to as the Betsy Ross flag.

After shipping the shoes to retailers, Nike asked for them to be returned without explaining why, the people said. The shoes aren’t available on Nike’s own apps and websites.

‘Nike has chosen not to release the Air Max 1 Quick Strike Fourth of July as it featured the old version of the American flag,’ a Nike spokeswoman said.

After images of the shoe were posted online, Mr. Kaepernick, a Nike endorser, reached out to company officials saying that he and others felt the Betsy Ross flag is an offensive symbol because of its connection to an era of slavery, the people said. Some users on social media responded to posts about the shoe with similar concerns. Mr. Kaepernick declined to comment.

The flag was originally designed by Ross in the mid-to-late-1770’s after a visit and request from George Washington to come up with a design for the nation’s new flag.

In response, a Nike spokeswoman told the Journal, “Nike has chosen not to release the Air Max 1 Quick Strike Fourth of July as it featured the old version of the American flag.”

Kaepernick began his anthem protest in the preseason of 2016. However, after that season, the former 49er walked away from his contract with San Francisco. Kaepernick was not re-signed by another club and remains unemployed by the league. In October of 2017, Kaepernick filed a collusion grievance against the NFL alleging that the league’s owners conspired to keep him off a roster due to his anthem protests.

In 2018, Nike made Kaepernick the face of their “Just Do It” ad campaign.

According to the WSJ, “The campaign generated a backlash among some consumers, who began torching Nike shoes and cutting its swoosh logo out of gear. The protests were countered by expressions of support for Nike.

“Since the ad was released, Nike has posted higher sales, boosted by strong demand in both the U.S. and China. In the fourth quarter, sales rose 4% to $10.18 billion. Its share price has climbed more than 15% so far this year.”

I think schools should stop teaching any history before 1865. That era of history is racist.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Nike Ditches ‘Betsy Ross Flag’ Sneaker After Colin Kaepernick Raises Concerns over the Flag’s Connection to Slavery

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/201...ction-slavery/

DYLAN GWINN 1 Jul 2019

Nike has decided to pull their America-themed 4th of July sneakers which featured the “Betsy Ross” flag, after former NFL anthem-protester and Nike pitchman Colin Kaepernick raised concerns over the offensive symbolism he felt the flag displayed, the Wall Street Journal reports.

According to the WSJ:

The sneaker giant created the Air Max 1 USA in celebration of the July Fourth holiday, and it was slated to go on sale this week. The heel of the shoe featured a U.S. flag with 13 white stars in a circle, a design created during the American Revolution and commonly referred to as the Betsy Ross flag.

After shipping the shoes to retailers, Nike asked for them to be returned without explaining why, the people said. The shoes aren’t available on Nike’s own apps and websites.

‘Nike has chosen not to release the Air Max 1 Quick Strike Fourth of July as it featured the old version of the American flag,’ a Nike spokeswoman said.

After images of the shoe were posted online, Mr. Kaepernick, a Nike endorser, reached out to company officials saying that he and others felt the Betsy Ross flag is an offensive symbol because of its connection to an era of slavery, the people said. Some users on social media responded to posts about the shoe with similar concerns. Mr. Kaepernick declined to comment.

The flag was originally designed by Ross in the mid-to-late-1770’s after a visit and request from George Washington to come up with a design for the nation’s new flag.

In response, a Nike spokeswoman told the Journal, “Nike has chosen not to release the Air Max 1 Quick Strike Fourth of July as it featured the old version of the American flag.”

Kaepernick began his anthem protest in the preseason of 2016. However, after that season, the former 49er walked away from his contract with San Francisco. Kaepernick was not re-signed by another club and remains unemployed by the league. In October of 2017, Kaepernick filed a collusion grievance against the NFL alleging that the league’s owners conspired to keep him off a roster due to his anthem protests.

In 2018, Nike made Kaepernick the face of their “Just Do It” ad campaign.

According to the WSJ, “The campaign generated a backlash among some consumers, who began torching Nike shoes and cutting its swoosh logo out of gear. The protests were countered by expressions of support for Nike.

“Since the ad was released, Nike has posted higher sales, boosted by strong demand in both the U.S. and China. In the fourth quarter, sales rose 4% to $10.18 billion. Its share price has climbed more than 15% so far this year.”
    Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey announced Tuesday he’s withdrawing all financial incentive dollars to have Nike Opens a New Window. open a manufacturing plant in the state after a report said the sneaker company pulled its “Betsy Ross Flag” shoes following Colin Kaepernick’s criticism.
    Ducey slammed Nike in a series of tweets, saying he was disappointed by the company’s “terrible decision.” The Wall Street Journal Opens a New Window. reported Monday that Nike pulled its Air Max 1 USA, which featured a Betsy Ross flag, after the former NFL star reached out to the firm and said the 13-star flag created during the American Revolution was offensive and carried slavery connotations.
    "Nike has chosen not to release the Air Max 1 Quick Strike Fourth of July as it featured an old version of the American flag," the company said in a statement to FOX Business. They did not directly address Ducey's tweets.
    “Today was supposed to be a good day in Arizona, with the announcement of a major @nike investment in Goodyear, AZ,” Ducey began his tweets. He then pointed to the Journal report about sneakers being pulled allegedly due to Kaepernick’s criticism of the footwear.
    “Words cannot express my disappointment at this terrible decision. I am embarrassed for Nike. Nike is an iconic American brand and American company. This country, our system of government and free enterprise have allowed them to prosper and flourish,” the Arizona governor continued.
    “Instead of celebrating American history the week of our nation’s independence, Nike has apparently decided that Betsy Ross is unworthy, and has bowed to the current onslaught of political correctness and historical revisionism,” Ducey tweeted. “It is a shameful retreat for the company. American businesses should be proud of our country’s history, not abandoning it.”

Ducey said he ordered the Arizona Commerce Authority to withdraw “all financial incentive dollars” the state was going to provide for Nike to build a manufacturing plant.
    “Arizona’s economy is doing just fine without Nike. We don’t need to suck up to companies that consciously denigrate our nation’s history,” the governor added. “And finally, it shouldn’t take a controversy over a shoe for our kids to know who Betsy Ross is. A founding mother. Her story should be taught in all American schools. In the meantime, it’s worth googling her.”

More at: https://www.foxbusiness.com/retail/a...lin-kaepernick

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I think schools should stop teaching any history before 1865. That era of history is racist.
    Would you settle for a superficial coverage? Like the one we have now?

'45 is a puppet': Can you spot the mistakes in the fake presidential seal behind Trump?

President Trump walked, beaming, onto the stage at Turning Point USA’s student summit in Washington, D.C., on Tuesday to loud applause from the attendees, as a huge image of the “Seal of the President of the United States” was projected on a screen behind him.

But there was something different about this seal. The national symbol was replaced by a two-headed eagle, and instead of arrows, in its claw was a clutch of golf clubs. The national motto — “E pluribus unum,” meaning “out of many, one” — was replaced by the Spanish phrase “45 es un títere”: “45 [designating Trump, as the 45th president] is a puppet.”

President Trump stands next to a surreptitiously altered presidential seal at Turning Point USA’s student summit in Washington, D.C., on Tuesday. (Photo: Nicholas Kamm/AFP/Getty Images)

A historical symbol of empire and dominance, the double-headed eagle on the fake seal resembles the bird on the coat of arms of the Russian Federation, which is an adaptation of the emblem of the Russian empire under the czars. The flags of Serbia, Albania and Montenegro also feature an eagle with two heads.
    Last edited by Danke; 07-25-2019 at 11:32 AM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Unacceptable.
    @Danke fix this. I know what happened in Beijing. Don't make me ask twice.

Come back Texan!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1595039918404.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	7646

Name:	1595479963988.png 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	7647

Name:	1595479988180.png 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	7648

Name:	Merica.jpg 
Size:	22.1 KB 
ID:	7649
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Word on the street is that The Texican doing some volunteer work on Il Cheeto's Great Wall of The Texas.

The Texican is beefing up the wall by applying some extra barbed wire.

He makes his own barbed wire from scraps at home and from pieces of razor wire he sneaks out from his job at the penitentiary.

He sneaks the razor wire out from work in his lunchbox.

Bigger pieces like spotlights and guard towers he sneaks out in a friend's motorhome.

I hope he comes back.
    He was one of best members here!

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Name:	1593348783492.png 
Size:	614.4 KB 
ID:	7650
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Name:	1593387369529.png 
Size:	718.1 KB 
ID:	7651
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Name:	1593435919421.png 
Size:	337.8 KB 
ID:	7652
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Name:	1594168661238.png 
Size:	640.5 KB 
ID:	7653
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

We love you TheTexan.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

The mods need to sacrifice a few trolls to appease the great Texican so he will grace us with his presence again.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast