Thread: Tokyo-bound flight diverted back to LAX after 'unauthorized person' discovered on plane

Tokyo-bound flight diverted back to LAX after 'unauthorized person' discovered on plane

http://abc7.com/travel/tokyo-bound-f...vered/2828071/

LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A flight bound for Tokyo's Narita Airport Tuesday made a U-turn back to Los Angeles International Airport after an "unauthorized person" was discovered aboard in an apparent mix-up.

According to LAX Airport Police, officers were told to have a unit and supervisors on scene when the plane, flight ANA 175, arrives back in Los Angeles.

Police said the return of the Tokyo-bound flight was due to a "mix up and was straightened up," and the plane will be re-scheduled to depart Wednesday morning.

Model Chrissy Teigen, who was aboard the flight with her husband John Legend, tweeted that she had been on the plane for four hours when it turned around midair.

"A flying first for me: 4 hours into an 11 hour flight and we are turning around because we have a passenger who isn't supposed to be on this plane. Why...why do we all gotta go back, I do not know," Teigen said in a tweet.

The plane took off from LAX at 11:36 a.m. Tuesday and landed back at LAX at 7:32 p.m. The flight's total duration was recorded at seven hours and 56 minutes.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well.. If you have to land as soon as possible. You take the closest airport. They must have had a damn good reason to do this. I'm interested to hear what it is.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Well.. If you have to land as soon as possible. You take the closest airport. They must have had a damn good reason to do this. I'm interested to hear what it is.
    No they didn't.

They had to follow some stupid, chicken $#@!, "policy", I'll bet.

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    They must have had a damn good reason to do this. I'm interested to hear what it is.
    After you have some coffee you're going to chuckle at that.

And the Unauthorized Person of the Year Award goes to... ?

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    And the Unauthorized Person of the Year Award goes to... ?
    Danke may have gotten liquored up and fell asleep in the latrine . He was supposed to be flying to Hong Kong . They probably got disturbed when they become aware he had no pants on , again .
    Last edited by oyarde; 12-27-2017 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Danke may have gotten liquored up and fell asleep in the latrine . He was supposed to be flying to Hong Kong . They probably got disturbed when the become aware he had no pants on , again .
    He calls it the cockpit. He's a 'pilot' you know.

Twitter pulls conspiracist's verified badge after celebrity outrage

https://www.engadget.com/2017/12/31/...-verification/

It took Chrissy Teigen and John Legend to get action.

Twitter's stricter approach to verification isn't just taking checkmarks away from the leaders of racist groups. The social network has pulled the verified badge from conspiracy peddler Liz Conkin after Chrissy Teigen and her husband John Legend reacted to Conkin's unsupported claims that the two were trafficking their child in a Washington, DC pedophile ring. As Teigen explained, it didn't make sense that Twitter would verify someone who was accusing her of horrific acts, especially not when this person has nearly 50,000 followers.

Legend helped elaborate on the concerns. He noted to one of Conkin's supporters that the bogus Pizzagate scandal "almost got someone killed" -- the concern is that a Conkin devotee would believe the unsubstantiated claims at face value and threaten the couple. Legend vowed to sue Conkin if she kept making her claims.

The conspiracist deleted her posts and backtracked in a bid to avoid a lawsuit, claiming that Teigen and Legend "run in circle [sic]" with pedophiles and that they "could be victims themselves." However, that didn't help her case -- Teigen said she still had the evidence and vowed that Conkin would be "going to court."

We've asked Twitter for its comment. From a cursory glimpse, though, it looks like Conkin was a prime candidate for losing verification: her claims violated rules against "inciting or engaging in harassment." Many of her supporters lapped up the accusations without checking the facts, and both Teigen and Legend have been harassed as a result. Twitter has previously said that it doesn't want verification to serve as a tacit endorsement of vile behavior, and this appears to qualify.

With that said, the incident highlights a familiar pattern for Twitter: it tends to respond to an outcry when celebrities or the press draw attention to the issue. There are concerns that others might continue to abuse their verified status unless Twitter is more proactive.

YOU POSTED MY DAUGHTER AND HAVE 50,000 PEOPLE ACCUSING ME OF BEING IN A PEDO RING. I don't care HOW you backtrack or WHAT you deleted. I have it ALL. I'm the last person you are $#@!ing with. You are DONE with me and my family. You are going to court.

— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) December 31, 2017

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    That is funny, my brother was just talking to me about this along with a lot of indictments that Trump is supposedly doing behind the scenes regarding the Clintons, Podesta, et. al. He was getting it via 4chan.

I told him I’ll believe it when I see it.