Thread: Trump gifted Purple Heart, says he 'always wanted' one

Trump gifted Purple Heart, says he 'always wanted' one

Ashburn, Virginia (CNN)A military veteran supporting Donald Trump gifted the Republican nominee his Purple Heart Tuesday, prompting Trump to say he "always wanted to get the Purple Heart" and this was "much easier" than serving in combat.

Purple Hearts are awarded to service members who suffer wounds in combat.

"Something very nice just happened to me. A man came up to me and handed me his Purple Heart," Trump told supporters at a campaign event here. "I said to him, 'Is that like the real one or is that a copy?' And he said, 'That's my real Purple Heart. I have such confidence in you.'"

Trump received the veteran on stage at the start of the rally to receive the decoration.

"I always wanted to get the Purple Heart. This was much easier," Trump said.

More at link: http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/02/politi...-purple-heart/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Chickenhawk
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Chickenhawk
    Can we have a GAG "smiley" on the forum? PLEASE???
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Can we have a GAG "smiley" on the forum? PLEASE???
    Chickenhawk (also chicken hawk and chicken-hawk) is a political term used in the United States to describe a person who strongly supports war or other military action (i.e., a war hawk), yet who actively avoids or avoided military service when of age.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by adissa View Post
    Ashburn, Virginia (CNN)A military veteran supporting Donald Trump gifted the Republican nominee his Purple Heart Tuesday, prompting Trump to say he "always wanted to get the Purple Heart" and this was "much easier" than serving in combat.

"Something very nice just happened to me. A man came up to me and handed me his Purple Heart," Trump told supporters at a campaign event here. "I said to him, 'Is that like the real one or is that a copy?' And he said, 'That's my real Purple Heart. I have such confidence in you.'"

Trump received the veteran on stage at the start of the rally to receive the decoration.

PH's are supposed to be for war heroes.. in which war Trump fought to defend our way of life & freedoms?

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    PH's are supposed to be for war heroes.. in which war Trump fought to defend our way of life & freedoms?
    Aren't you paying attention? This was already asked (and answered) in one of the primary debates.

He made it through the '70s without getting an STD!

The Trump candidacy would be laughable, if it weren't so scary.
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Gee- I always wanted one of those!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Katy Tur
    ✔ @katyTurNBC

The man who gave Trump his purple heart told me earlier today, it was a copy of his purple heart.
    10:29 AM - 2 Aug 2016

https://twitter.com/KatyTurNBC/statu...97653109125120
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Katy Tur
    ✔ @katyTurNBC

The man who gave Trump his purple heart told me earlier today, it was a copy of his purple heart.
    10:29 AM - 2 Aug 2016

https://twitter.com/KatyTurNBC/statu...97653109125120
    I think Katy's lying:

Quote Originally Posted by adissa View Post

Or is she? http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016...-heart-n621661

"He said, 'that's my real Purple Heart I have such confidence in you.' And I said, 'Man that's like big stuff. I've always wanted to get the real Purple Heart.' This was much easier," he added before inviting the veteran on stage.

The man, however, told NBC News before the rally that it was actually a copy of his Purple Heart.

"As someone who fought for our country in Iraq, was injured, and was awarded a Purple Heart, I can tell you, no one should ever "want" to get a Purple Heart," Sean Barney, who was shot in the neck in Fallujah in 2006, wrote on Facebook.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 08-02-2016 at 09:35 PM.