Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Out of curiosity, I crunched some numbers, my health ins. cost has almost tripled

Exclamation Out of curiosity, I crunched some numbers, my health ins. cost has almost tripled

Looked back over ten years while reviewing some tax files.

In 2007 my combined employee and employer monthly payments for a family plan with a $2000 deductible - $532.

So far in 2017 for the same insurance, same plan, same number of covered people, with the same company, only now with a $6000 deductible - $1593.

ETA - There have been no major claims against the policy in all that time, in fact, I have yet to ever meet my deductible in a given year.

Thanks Uncle Sucker.

Last edited by Anti Federalist; 05-09-2017 at 03:49 PM.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I know people who had Obamacare and once they got a job for a few months they wanted thousands of dollars back.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

When I retired I had not been carrying my employer plan for a few years but it cost the company around 1k per month and I was to pay 160 of it . I do not remember what the deductible was because I never meet one but I think in the last 10 years it went from 250 to 500 .
    Last edited by oyarde; 05-08-2017 at 11:53 PM.
    Do something Danke

in gruber we trust?
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    I know people who had Obamacare and once they got a job for a few months they wanted thousands of dollars back.
    How can you be such a dummy?

In 2008, the year that Barack Obama was elected as president, the combined annual profits of America's ten largest health insurance companies were $8 billion. Under Obamacare, the ten largest health insurers' annual profits have risen to $15 billion. This is another fine example of the natural alliance between Big Government and Big Business, which flourishes at the expense of Main Street Americans.
    (not promoting the source as a whole by any means, just this article)
    http://www.weeklystandard.com/insure...rticle/2005073
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    (not promoting the source as a whole by any means, just this article)
    http://www.weeklystandard.com/insure...rticle/2005073
    At the same time the profits of Realtors exceeded ten times this amount.

You know, I really had faith that 'the people' would nullify this.

Everyone was so adamant.

Now they just bitch.

And the can gets kicked.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    You know, I really had faith that 'the people' would nullify this.

Everyone was so adamant.

Now they just bitch.

And the can gets kicked.
    That's all anybody does...us included.

We all know this is never going to get changed at the ballot box.

We all know what needs to happen.

We are all too comfortable and/or scared to commit to that.

So here we sit, and bitch.

Not purchasing health insurance is about as nonviolent as civil disobedience can get.

It would not have worked had not so many people saw the fine (which was 'waived' in the first place) got worried, and rather had simply said $#@! them.

It's just ridiculous is all.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    My work's health care plan started going up on cost the moment Obamacare was getting going on conversation back in 08. Since then, cost has continued to go up and not as many things are covered. Example: my first born daughter was born in 2010 (I didn't have to pay a thing), second kid comes 2013 ($2000 check made out to the hospital before we left the hospital).

I don't even want to think what the brain surgery I had back in 2006 would cost me today.

Yeah for the ACA <sarcasm> and yeah for me being one of the fortunate ones who gets to pay more so insurance companies still make their profit <sarcasm>

Supporting Member
    North Wilkesboro, NC

My 1st daughter was born in 74. The total hospital bill was a little over $700.00 with no ins.

I have a niece (on my wife's family's side <- [needed to point that out]) that has 3 kids. She and her husband have no permanent jobs. They do work part-time every now and then. They both are enrolled in nursing classes and get generous subsidies to enjoy the conveniences of modern life. Not only are they all covered for free, they were able to take a 10-day family trip to Hawaii last month thanks to the tax credits from Obamacare.

And you say it's not working.... pshaw.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    I have a niece (on my wife's family's side <- [needed to point that out]) that has 3 kids. She and her husband have no permanent jobs. They do work part-time every now and then. They both are enrolled in nursing classes and get generous subsidies to enjoy the conveniences of modern life. Not only are they all covered for free, they were able to take a 10-day family trip to Hawaii last month thanks to the tax credits from Obamacare.

But, but............

We neeeeeeed more nurses to keep up with the geezers and unproductive that must be kept alive on the public dime.

A Hawaiian vacation is a small price for the taxpayers to pay for these brave healthcare future professionals.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    But, but............

We neeeeeeed more nurses to keep up with the geezers and unproductive that must be kept alive on the public dime.

A Hawaiian vacation is a small price for the taxpayers to pay for these brave healthcare future professionals.
    Yes - and think about the economic double-plus good benefits to Hawaii... If not for Obamacare, Hawaii would have missed out on these 5 tourists!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

I. Will. (still) Not. Comply.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes - and think about the economic double-plus good benefits to Hawaii... If not for Obamacare, Hawaii would have missed out on these 5 tourists!
    Does the Marriott take food-stamps?

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I. Will. (still) Not. Comply.
    Ya.Sure.OK.gif
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    That's all anybody does...us included.

We all know this is never going to get changed at the ballot box.

We all know what needs to happen.

We are all too comfortable and/or scared to commit to that.

So here we sit, and bitch.
    It's not a good time right now, my stock portfolio is up 37% this year
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

I have been employed, and getting insurance through my employer since before Obamacare. Back then, my employer paid 100% of my premium for an HMO. I only paid copays for a family of 5. My out of pocket expense was under $2,000/year.

In 2017, my expected out of pocket expense is over $12,000; 6X my pre-Obamacare expense.

I consider myself lucky compared to my best friend. He and his wife are in their late fifties and do not have employer health insurance. He works one fulltime jobs and a part time job to cover medical insurance. They live on his wife's income. If the new law gets passed, they may no longer afford to work.

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    in gruber we trust?
    Manila and hemp are more honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

Quote Originally Posted by olehounddog View Post
    My 1st daughter was born in 74. The total hospital bill was a little over $700.00 with no ins.
    I was born in '74, and your daughter and I were the lucky ones. Think about the mountain of dead babies our expert modern healthcare saved. It's nearly as big as the mountain of dead kids that weren't strapped to car seats, or the mountain of dead kids that got out of eyesight of a responsible adult for five minutes.
    If it saves the lives of children, isn't it worth 15 thousand dollars per birth?
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Looked back over ten years while reviewing some tax files.

In 2007 my combined employee and employer monthly payments for a family plan with a $2000 deductible - $532.

So far in 2017 for the same insurance, same plan, same number of covered people, with the same company, only now with a $6000 deductible - $1593.

Thanks Uncle Sucker.

Same here. Ours has more than doubled and with less coverage. Some of that I attribute to Mr Animal hitting his mid fifties but the largest jump came with the ACA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

It's all a racket.

And if you have the Cadillac insurance...God help you.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    It's all a racket.

Insurance has always been a racket and with it is forced upon everyone it is a total mobster scenario.
    There is no spoon.

If people only knew how much money was spent daily on drug seekers and whiners on "free" govt insurance. And Obamacare added "patient satisfaction" as a factor of medicare payments. so now hospitals have to give them the 5* treatment or risk not getting paid. the places have turned into weekend resorts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Insurance has always been a racket and with it is forced upon everyone it is a total mobster scenario.
    I disagree, it wasn't always a racket. It was set up for people to have for catastrophic reasons.

This is one of the reasons I hate lobbyist. Now that is where the racket began. Government protects through graft and corruption. The citizen cannot compete therefore they always lose--hence the racket.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    It's all a racket.

My older sister has a cadillac ins plan . It is why she is still working . I keep telling her one day she will turn into Ginsburg
    Do something Danke

[Urge to Kill...]
    lol, you're not kidding! Needless to say this niece doesn't like to visit our lake house anymore.

The really sad part isn't that they take the money; it's that they feel it's theirs. They have absolutely no concept of someone else paying for them.

(Her dad, my brother-in-law, is on disability from the post office because he's morbidly obese with a heart condition. But don't worry, he's on the heart transplant list - y'know, because he'll take care of someone else's heart.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast