Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Elon Musk buys Twitter for $44 billion

I'm reminded of TJ's quote about what will happen when banks are allowed to grow and the corporations that grow around them.....(a man who was well familiar with City of London bankers and BAR attorneys, who the Revolution was just fought against!)

Corps are not subject to 1st Amendment protections, though 1st Amendment "association" is protected. TJ knew this. What do you associate yourself with and under what terms?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    https://twitter.com/WarClandestine/s...88204938706944

Well duh, derp and doy. DJT was at the 2016 WEF Davos alongside the Bidens, Xi and the rest. He gave a speech denouncing the WEF while enjoying the provided Dom P, caviar hors d'oeuvres and flown in hookers.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian
    This New CEO has to explain in her own words.
    The desperation is palpable. She already said there will be freedom of speech, not freedom of reach. That obviously means you can post whatever you want but don't expect anyone to read it but you.
    Last edited by devil21; 05-14-2023 at 02:24 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Based Musk.

Last edited by unknown; 05-14-2023 at 05:55 AM.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    I'm reminded of TJ's quote about what will happen when banks are allowed to grow and the corporations that grow around them.....(a man who was well familiar with City of London bankers and BAR attorneys, who the Revolution was just fought against!)

Corps are not subject to 1st Amendment protections, though 1st Amendment "association" is protected. TJ knew this. What do you associate yourself with and under what terms?

Well duh, derp and doy. DJT was at the 2016 WEF Davos alongside the Bidens, Xi and the rest. He gave a speech denouncing the WEF while enjoying the provided Dom P, caviar hors d'oeuvres and flown in hookers.

The desperation is palpable. She already said there will be freedom of speech, not freedom of reach. That obviously means you can post whatever you want but don't expect anyone to read it but you.
    In other words a safe space for most groups..

34:50

Robert Barnes on new Twitter CEO Linda Yaccarino, is she an anti-WEF closet conservative?

https://rumble.com/v2nr8c8-ep.-160-t...-and-more.html
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    In other words a safe space for most groups..
    In my sig, 84 years ago it seems, I wrote that talking to people you meet irl is the only way. Safe space=echo chamber. A social media "reality bubble" created for each human who interacts with it. We are all already experiencing it when we visit YT, Twitter, FB, etc. The VR world being created for us by algorimths and reinforced by our own voluntary clicks on content. THEY TELL YOU WHAT THEY ARE DOING. I's a karmic requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    Based Musk.

Funny thing about this situation is that if 2A is used, it plays into their hands, as long as the outcome (narrative) is also in their hands. If 2A isn't used, it still plays into their hands since the outcome is in their hands. I hate to say it but in chess that's called checkmate. "But how did we get here???" Apathy, laziness, convenience, fake money, fake leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno
    Robert Barnes on new Twitter CEO Linda Yaccarino, is she an anti-WEF closet conservative?
    The absurdity of such a theory isn't worth even clicking on, but it does show the true colors of the video maker, the quoted "expert" and who posted it here.
    Last edited by devil21; 05-15-2023 at 01:32 AM.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Was Twitter worth what Musk paid for it?
    Will Musk succeed with Twitter?
    If Twitter becomes very profitable, will Musk be the reason?

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    Was Twitter worth what Musk paid for it?
    Will Musk succeed with Twitter?
    If Twitter becomes very profitable, will Musk be the reason?
    No

I guess

Yes
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

https://twitter.com/Ansonious/status...98629464440832

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

…She already said there will be freedom of speech, not freedom of reach. That obviously means you can post whatever you want but don't expect anyone to read it but you.
    Exactly. It’s the new form of shadow banning. You can see it under engagements for any given tweet. A new account with no followers may get 100-300 views. In extreme cases, they get in the thousands or tens of thousands.

A shadow banned user, whose “reach” has been limited, will get 10-20 views, even if they have thousands of followers.

Musk has reinstated high profile users, but he certainly is not reviewing the accounts of every peon user. Who makes the decisions to limit “reach”? The same moderators as before? An AI moderator trained in wokeism and govt censorship agendas?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Exactly. It’s the new form of shadow banning. You can see it under engagements for any given tweet. A new account with no followers may get 100-300 views. In extreme cases, they get in the thousands or tens of thousands.

A shadow banned user, whose “reach” has been limited, will get 10-20 views, even if they have thousands of followers.

Musk has reinstated high profile users, but he certainly is not reviewing the accounts of every peon user. Who makes the decisions to limit “reach”? The same moderators as before? An AI moderator trained in wokeism and govt censorship agendas?

Published Apr 14, 2023

Elon Musk founds new AI company called X.AI

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    …She already said there will be freedom of speech, not freedom of reach. That obviously means you can post whatever you want but don't expect anyone to read it but you.

I'm pretty sure Musk had already enunciated support for a "freedom of speech, not freedom of reach" approach, well before Yaccarino came along - so I don't think she really has much to do with it (apart from repeating something Musk already agreed with in principle).

IIRC, he indicated it would operate on a "per tweet" basis, rather than "per account".

In any case, it's not something he's tried to hide (otherwise, he'd never have implemented publicly visible "view count" metrics, for example).

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    I'm pretty sure Musk had already enunciated support for a "freedom of speech, not freedom of reach" approach, well before Yaccarino came along - so I don't think she really has much to do with it (apart from repeating something Musk already agreed with in principle).

IIRC, he indicated it would operate on a "per tweet" basis, rather than "per account".

In any case, it's not something he's tried to hide (otherwise, he'd never have implemented publicly visible "view count" metrics, for example).
    Sure, she may be parroting Musk, especially in her “interview” with Musk.

I would be interested in details on whether it is on a "per tweet" basis, rather than "per account". It seems to me that it is on a per account basis, making it no different than shadow banning.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Last edited by unknown; 05-17-2023 at 12:32 AM.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Last edited by unknown; 05-17-2023 at 12:33 AM.

The absurdity of such a theory isn't worth even clicking on, but it does show the true colors of the video maker, the quoted "expert" and who posted it here.
    Its a theory, a question, there is a lot of evidence for it, the other host disagreed... but i know you dont like seeing evidence that doesnt fit your narrative.. so I guess ignore it.

But if you want to explain why a wokester is constantly posting bible verses and liking conservative tweets Im all ears.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    But if you want to explain why a wokester is constantly posting bible verses and liking conservative tweets Im all ears.
    Maybe she's just trying to blow the minds of collectivists who can't deal with people who don't fit neatly into one of their narrow little category boxes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Maybe she's just trying to blow the minds of collectivists who can't deal with people who don't fit neatly into one of their narrow little category boxes.
    That's one possibility. Another is that her ambition to become successful had her adopting views publicly which she disagreed with privately, and the best way out of having to express those ideologies publicly was to become involved with Elon's twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Its a theory, a question, there is a lot of evidence for it, the other host disagreed... but i know you dont like seeing evidence that doesnt fit your narrative.. so I guess ignore it.

Gonna need some evidence of that the bible verses claim since there's a big difference between Torah and Luke. It's all about content and the context of the content. But ok, I'm sure Jesus would shadow ban folks and restrict what they could say about Caesar and his policies.....(quite literally, actually, since Pope is modern Roman Emperor but by another name)

Musk has already shown that he's a Vatican foot soldier (Knights Templar/Jesuit....Baphomet Halloween costume) so appointing another religiousy type isn't a surprise. She's obviously Jewish and probably married to a Jesuit/Templar. Jesuits are Jews who work for the Vatican. The verses quoted is what matters and would give away her motivations. Besides, the Pope is basically openly a Jesuit supporter of communism so there's a big common vein running there through all of them.
    Last edited by devil21; 05-17-2023 at 04:56 PM.

As long as he doesn’t ban people for expressing the opinion that 2A cannot restrict, not a huge issue.

Also it doesn’t indicate where he is on that, could mean he thinks auto should be legal, but not missile launchers.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    Gay
    Gay indeed. Unfortunately, Elon, who I really don't care for, is right.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Gay indeed. Unfortunately, Elon, who I really don't care for, is right.
    That many Americans are Fudds?

Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

The important thing is that Elon recognizes that we have a protected right to hunt deer
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

The butt-hurt is strong in this one.

Ron DeSantis Will Formally Announce His 2024 Bid With Elon Musk, Because Apparently David Duke Wasn’t Available
    Launching with the Twitter owner is certainly a choice.
    https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2023...4-announcement
    [archive link: https://archive.is/ijgcU]
    Bess Levin (23 May 2023)

After many months of refusing to confirm what so many people already suspected, Ron DeSantis will reportedly announce on Wednesday that he is running for president. And that’s not all: He is said to be planning to formally jump into the 2024 race during a conversation on Twitter with Elon Musk, because apparently other neo-Nazi sympathizers weren’t available.

Yes, NBC News reports that the Florida governor’s formal announcement will occur tomorrow night on Twitter Spaces—during a live audio chat that will begin at 6 p.m. ET and be moderated by Musk’s longtime friend David Sacks. According to the outlet, DeSantis’s campaign will “release a launch video” on Wednesday evening, which the governor will follow up with visits to a number of early states after Memorial Day. As for how this all came together, DeSantis’s team has reportedly “been in talks with Musk for at least the last few weeks,” according to a person familiar with the matter—and during those discussions, Musk has indicated that he doesn’t think Donald Trump will be able to win a second term. While Musk said last year that he would back DeSantis if the governor were to run for president, on Friday, the billionaire praised an ad by Senator Tim Scott, who announced Monday that he is also running for the White House.

As NBC News notes, aligning with Musk and his 140 million followers could give DeSantis a “significant boost,” but there’s also an obvious downside to teaming up with a guy who has said and done terrible things—and who has turned Twitter into a safe haven for hate speech; given a new home to Tucker “Great Replacement Theory” Carlson; and made remarks about George Soros that the Anti-Defamation League said would “embolden extremists.”

On the other hand, it’s very possible that that’s exactly why DeSantis wants to align himself with Musk. Per NBC News:

Musk has carved out an intense following after he purchased Twitter with the promise to return “free speech” after years of complaints from the right that the site had tried to censor conservatives…. One of the sources familiar with the plans told NBC News that DeSantis’s aides have been watching Twitter become an increasingly friendly space for conservative firebrands under Musk’s leadership, allowing them to speak directly to their conservative audience and bypass traditional media—something that was once Trump’s superpower.

Anyway, just as a reminder, a DeSantis presidency is as terrible a prospect as a Trump one.
    //

Let the copium flow through you.

Twitter Is a Far-Right Social Network
    It can no longer be denied.
    https://www.theatlantic.com/technolo...witter/674149/
    [archive link: https://archive.is/2h2oo]
    Charlie Warzel (23 May 2023)

Twitter has long been described, even by its most ardent users, as a hellsite. But under Elon Musk, Twitter has evolved into a platform that is indistinguishable from the wastelands of alternative social-media sites such as Truth Social and Parler. It is now a right-wing social network.

In December, I argued that if we are to judge Musk strictly by his actions as Twitter’s owner, it is accurate to call him a far-right activist. As a public figure, he has demonstrated an unwavering commitment to the right’s culture war against progressivism—which he refers to as “the woke mind virus”—and his $44 billion Twitter purchase can easily be seen as an explicitly political act to advance this specific ideology. Now the site itself has unquestionably transformed under his leadership into an alternative social-media platform—one that offers a haven to far-right influencers and advances the interests, prejudices, and conspiracy theories of the right wing of American politics.

Earlier today, NBC News reported that Florida Governor Ron DeSantis is slated to kick off his 2024 presidential campaign in a Twitter Spaces event with Musk. Twitter, quite literally, is a launch pad for right-wing political leaders. Also today, The Daily Wire, the conservative-media juggernaut that is home to Ben Shapiro as well as the political commentators Matt Walsh and Michael Knowles, who are known for arguing against trans rights, announced it would bring its entire slate of podcasts to Twitter starting next week. And earlier this month, the former Fox News host Tucker Carlson announced that he would take his prime-time-show format—a dog-whistling broadcast style known for its fearmongering and bigotry——to Musk’s platform.

Both Carlson and certain Daily Wire hosts have been deplatformed elsewhere—Carlson, of course, only recently lost his sinecure on cable, and Walsh had his popular YouTube channel demonetized over his transphobic commentary. And although they reportedly haven’t brokered official deals with the platform, Carlson and The Daily Wire will likely make use of Twitter’s new subscription features and ad-revenue sharing to monetize their audiences.

This should feel familiar. Twitter is essentially following the playbook of platforms like Rumble, which used to be the go-tos for canceled and deplatformed right-wingers seeking a soft landing and the promise of revenue. Like Rumble, which pivoted from a struggling YouTube alternative into a full-fledged far-right platform in the late 2010s, Twitter appears to be dipping into the well of popular right-wing shock jocks as a way to revive the financially adrift website.

The move makes sense. In just a few months, Musk has actively worked to elevate a particular right-wing, anti-woke ideology. He has reinstated legions of accounts that were previously banned for violating Twitter’s rules and has emboldened trolls, white-nationalist accounts, and January 6 defendants. Musk’s own rhetoric has moved from trolling to dog whistling to outright conspiracy peddling, and it has intensified in recent months, culminating in his recent anti-Semitic remarks about George Soros. A stroll through Musk’s replies on the site reveals the extent to which one of the richest men in the world spends his time replying to far-right influencers and nodding in approval to their racist memes.

A social-media platform will always reflect the values of its owners, and Twitter’s credo is nearly identical to that of the lesser-known alt-tech sites. Despite appearing to cave to the demands of autocratic governments and censoring links to competing platforms, Musk has attempted to position himself as a free-speech absolutist, similar to his right-wing-activist peers. Before shutting down after a failed acquisition by Ye (formerly known as Kanye West), Parler billed itself as the “free-speech social platform.” Truth Social, a website backed in part by Donald Trump, says it encourages “an open, free, and honest global conversation without discriminating on the basis of political ideology.” This language is indistinguishable from the way that Carlson spoke of Musk’s Twitter, arguing that “there aren’t many platforms left that allow free speech,” and that the site is “the last big one remaining in the world.” If it acts like a right-wing website and markets itself as a right-wing website, it just might be a right-wing website.

Twitter has so fully assumed the role of a far-right platform that it might be killing its competitors. When Parler shut down in April, its parent company noted that “no reasonable person believes that a Twitter clone just for conservatives is a viable business any more.” Left unspoken is the reason: Twitter has become a right-wing echo chamber.

If Musk weren’t too preoccupied lapping up approval from trolls, reactionaries, and Dogecoin enthusiasts—a few of the constituencies left on his site that still seem to adore him—the Parler statement should worry him. Right-wing alt-tech platforms may attract investors and a flood of indignant new users with persecution complexes, but they are, ultimately, bad businesses. That’s precisely because they lack the one thing that fuels far-right discourse: a way to own the libs. A culture war is no fun if there’s no actual conflict, and although some journalists and pundit diehards remain, many of Twitter’s prolific users are posting less and on different platforms. Social-media platforms that cater to the right’s ideology eventually become tired and predictable—the result of the same loud people shaking their fist at digital clouds. History has shown us that there are plenty of ways a social network can die, but the quickest way is boredom.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast