Thread: Midterm Scenarios

Midterm Scenarios

Midterm Scenarios

https://www.ericpetersautos.com/2022...erm-scenarios/

By
    eric -
    October 24, 2022

The midterms are coming. If we have them – if they aren’t completely jiggered with – what is the likely outcome?

It could prove to be the beginning of the final outcome.

If the Left loses, the Left will lose it. For all of the Left’s leg-humping of “our Democracy,” what the Left really “humps” is its control of the apparatus of government , which the Left regards as the sole fief of the Left.

If the voters decide it isn’t, the Left will lose interest in “democracy” as quickly as Dracula would lose interest in a mannequin he bit into, thinking it was his next warm meal. Interest will surge in questioning elections, a thing the Left opposes when elections of Leftists are questioned. But unlike those who’ve questioned the workings – and so, the results – of the last election, those who question the results of this one (assuming they aren’t in line with “our Democracy”) will not do so peacefully. The Left being “peaceful” like OJ is innocent.

When the Left doesn’t get what it wants, it explodes. It attacks. Viz, the “peaceful” protests of the Left during Trump’s last year in office. Viz, the attempted assassination of a Supreme Curt Justice the Left doesn’t like, despite his having been nominated to the court by a president elected . . . democratically.

Viz, the “sport” – exclusively practiced by Leftists – of cold-cocking people in the streets, pushing them off subway platforms and onto the tracks.

Expect such “sports” to become more popular in the event “our Democracy” rejects the Left at the ballot box in a couple of weeks.

But also expect more than that. Especially if, as is expected, the Orange Man announces he will be running for office in the next election, in the wake of a rejection this election of the Left by . . .”our Democracy.”

Keeping in mind that the Left would still control the apparatus of “our Democracy” for at least the next couple of months after its repudiation at the polls. What do you suppose the Left will do with those two months? Keeping in mind that the Left – unlike the opposition to it – never goes gently into that good night.

Several likely scenarios come to mind.

The first is that the Left repudiates the results of the elections – just as the Left repudiated the election back in 2016 of the Orange Man, whom the Left immediately characterized as “illegitimate.” But the Left lacked the power to do anything about it at the time. Well, to do anything about it in a direct way, Indirectly, Leftists used every tool at their disposal, including the FBI and the media (including what is styled “social media”) to undermine the “illegitimate” president. They eventually succeeded in getting rid of him via a “pandemic” that he wasn’t astute enough to understand was designed to get rid of him.

Now, it is likely they will indict him – regardless of this election’s outcome – but much more probably if the results do not jibe with “our Democracy.” The Left will use its waning power to hound the single greatest threat it perceives to “our Democracy.” That being the democratic re-election of the man who probably won the last election.

And that may just trigger the violence the Left uses as reflexively as a carpenter uses a framing hammer.

Just not by the Left, this time.

The post-election indictment of the Orange Man – or the repudiation of the election’s results, if they do not jibe with “our Democracy” – could spark what many ruefully consider to be inevitable.

That being a repudiation of this no-longer-tenable system.

It is no longer tenable because of irreconcilable differences. Because of the Left’s insistence that everything that isn’t to the liking of Leftists constitutes a “threat” to “our Democracy.” A “threat” that must be met with violence – including economic violence. Viz, the threat by the Leftists who control PayPal to “fine” account holders who question “our Democracy,” the “threat” defined by the Left as anything the Left dislikes. The “fines” being outright seizures of peoples’ money – by a private company operating as the enforcement division of the Leftists who control the government.

Viz, the threat by Leftists to take away the license to practice medicine of doctors who state facts about the “vaccines.”

And to use the force of government to force parents to submit their children for “vaccination.”

There are all too many things to viz – all of them making it plain the Left will not abide anything – or anyone – not in line with the Left.

Regardless of the “democratic” process.

This is understood. It is what comes next that must be fleshed out. That being, how to separate from the Left. In politics, that word has come to be associated with “seditious” things. But why should it be? The American colonies separated from Great Britain – and this has been celebrated every year since. The states of the Southern Confederacy attempted to do the same and – had they been allowed to go in peace – it is probable there’d be a lot more peace today. If only because people would have a peaceful alternative. Those who wanted to live in a “union” held together by force would be free to do so. Those who preferred to live in a different kind of place would be free to do so.

Of a piece with a man and wife who realize they can no longer live together except by forcing themselves on each other. Far better for them both to be free to choose new partners and a different kind of life.

You might even call that “democracy.”
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Cool

the LEFT and the RIGHT can be equally guilty. DICK NIXON was almost impeached. NEWT GINGRICH aggressively
    went after BILL CLINTON so there could be a payback for RICHARD M. NIXON's all too early resignation. This is
    then the backdrop for the TWO impeachments of Donald J. Trump!!! I have often argued here that the Senate Trial
    of President Andrew Johnson in 1868 was polarizing & extremely partisan political. Despite the urbane technically
    of a very GOP controlled Congress jumping a totally loyal UNIONIST president like that, Andrew Johnson was an
    "old school" JACKSONIAN DEMOCRAT. {And at times sounded very racist if not bigoted!) I have even debated in my
    mind's eye if DONALD JOHN TRUMP or ole ANDY JOHNSON is/was our worst POTUS in terms of what the job demands.
    Last edited by Aratus; 10-26-2022 at 09:06 AM. Reason: YES.... i can be 1800s AULD SCHOOL about OUR Constitution!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    YES.... i can be 1800s AULD SCHOOL about OUR Constitution!!!!
    For the moment. But I'm sure the day will come when autoincorrect's decisions will become irreversible and irrevocable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

AULD is almost Middle English for the word "OLD" ....in MY book.

Definitions from Oxford Languages · Learn more
    Search for a word

auld
    /ôld,ōld/

Learn to pronounce
    adjectiveSCOTTISH

old.

:)

ethnically i am part Scottish in my ancestry

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    For the moment. But I'm sure the day will come when autoincorrect's decisions will become irreversible and irrevocable.
    true....
    the way EVERYTHING
    gets standardized
    yes.

true....
    the way EVERYTHING
    gets standardized
    yes.
    No, autocratic technology is not the way everything has always gotten standardized. If it were, we would not have had that window of opportunity to thrust Ron Paul onto the world stage before the internet was brought to heel by the powers that be. Blue check marks are anything but decorative.

This is new. It started out a beautiful thing, but it is being uglied up forthwith.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 10-26-2022 at 09:38 AM.

Two important things happened in or around the Year 2000 -- the internet was starting to be less free,
    as the colleges & universities began to have students pay to read research papers. at one point, scholarship
    that was almost cutting edge or quite current had been placed online and was free for anyone to read. then
    the students who paid money to get access to the newer, published papers in the scholarly journals often
    got the better marks. By easily a half letter grade or a full letter grade. This went hand in hand. The very
    moment the internet began to expand, the control freaks noticed it on their radar. The 1990s were freer than
    the 1960s, and the 60s were freer than the 1950s. THE WAR ON TERROR? Behind the scenes, our gov't
    swelled up. Equal to and beyond the darkest days of the Cold War era. Bill Clinton was something of a screw up,
    or worse, but we were freer between 1990 and the year 2000 than we are today. Again, here we are...now.
    Last edited by Aratus; 10-26-2022 at 09:57 AM. Reason: it may be a very minor thing.... paying for university level journal articles

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    i admire BORIS YELTSIN.

i have no respect for Donald Trump or Mister Putin.

Bill Clinton was something of a screw up,
    or worse, but we were freer between 1990 and the year 2000 than we are today. Again, here we are...now.
    Bill Clinton launched the opening salvo of the end stage War on Us at Waco Texas.

He followed up on that war crime by orchestrating the LIHOP attack in OKC.

He is an enemy of the people, as bad and as criminally culpable as any of the worst in the Swamp Mob, his "aw shucks", Abner Yokum, downhome Dogpatch demeanor notwithstanding.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

"He is an enemy of the people, as bad and as criminally culpable as any of the worst in the Swamp Mob,
    his "aw shucks", Abner Yokum, downhome Dogpatch demeanor notwithstanding." Anti Federalist

Boris Yeltsin is no longer with the living. I admire him. I don't admire B.Clinton, D. Trump and V.Putin...

The only Trump who might get a political job down the road might be Donald's son BARRON. Assuming
    he wants to be a politician. Trump said he wanted to literally drain THE SWAMP. He didn't drain it. Clinton
    likewise did add to the problem. We can debate who is the bigger thief. DOCTOR RON PAUL perhaps was this
    generation's political DIOGENES with a lantern. When i compare Joe Biden to Spencer Tracy's version of
    FRANK SKEFFINGTON, i am being slightly polite. Yes, James Michael Curley can be namedropped, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Bill Clinton launched the opening salvo of the end stage War on Us at Waco Texas.

He followed up on that war crime by orchestrating the LIHOP attack in OKC.

He is an enemy of the people, as bad and as criminally culpable as any of the worst in the Swamp Mob, his "aw shucks", Abner Yokum, downhome Dogpatch demeanor notwithstanding.
    Yes. Republicans talk about how great things were when Reagan was in office, Democrats do the same with Clinton. That doesn't mean either was good; indeed, both laid groundwork for the changes to come.

But when educating the kids, this entire millennial generation which, yes, have begun voting, it's vitally important not to get into those debates, or be careful they don't distract people from the point. The point is, we are less free now than we were then.

And if we don't teach the youngsters that, they'll never know it.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Yes. Republicans talk about how great things were when Reagan was in office, Democrats do the same with Clinton. That doesn't mean either was good; indeed, both laid groundwork for the changes to come.

But when educating the kids, this entire millennial generation which, yes, have begun voting, it's vitally important not to get into those debates, or be careful they don't distract people from the point. The point is, we are less free now than we were then.

And if we don't teach the youngsters that, they'll never know it.
    This whole mess started right after WWII.

Not everyone was prosperous in the ROARING TWENTIES, only perhaps the upper 3rd of the families in our nation enjoyed
    the legendary prosperity of that decade, but people were freer and more well off then, by comparison to the Victorian era,
    and also the 1930s or 40s or 50s. The social changes of the 1960s was almost like a carbon copy of the changes in America
    that happened in the 1920s, but in the 60s we are inside the peak of the Cold War paranoia. Under IKE, the stock market had
    a nice climb, up to its peak in 1965, then a plateau, and after 1972, we have stagflation because OPEC changed its price for
    a barrel of crude. Jimmy Carter is given a bum's rush out the door. Ronnie Reagan was both a great success and a great failure.
    The Berlin Wall is torn apart in part due to his foreign policy, but i must also give some credit to Dean Acheson + HST let alone IKE.

1920 to 1930.

1990 to 2000.

Maybe 1905 to 1915.

The three freest decades
    in the 20th Century.

Also, i sorta have a soft
    spot for Bill McKinley. A respect
    for Teddy Roosevelt. I am honest.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    free
    /frē/
    Learn to pronounce

adjective
    superlative adjective: freest
    not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes.
    "I have no ambitions other than to have a happy life and be free"
    not or no longer confined or imprisoned.
    "the researchers set the birds free"

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    This whole mess started right after WWII.
    we became a superpower. for good or ill. we really began to think like an empire.

“A great empire and little minds go ill together.” — Edmund Burke

Now we have watched the Tory/Conservative Party in the U.K gloriously feud as they are entering the reign of KING CHARLES III...

LIZ TRUSS left office rather quickly. 44 or 45 days. Now there is a new P.M

Inside the DOCTOR WHO "Brit-Box" teleplay multi-verses.... the 13th DOCTOR lasted longer than Liz Truss did.

Am i foolish to think that our LIBERTY HOBBIT is actually our final attempt at freedom & liberty?

If we can't run Doctor Rand Paul we need tor him to back our LIBERTY HOBBIT to a 99.9 percentile?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Boris Johnson does not want his old job back... in any hurry.

If we can't run Doctor Rand Paul we need tor him to back our LIBERTY HOBBIT to a 99.9 percentile?
    I think the real Liberty Hobbit is Thomas Massie. And I would back him to the firey gates of hell, if I thought it would help get him elected.