Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Boy Scouts to begin admitting girls

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Fwiw, the one wrinkle to the story is that the Girl Scouts CEO opposed it and tried to rally other female centric orgs into publicly opposing the decision. Most didn't want to get involved. It will draw some of Girl Scouts potential membership to Boy Scouts. The likely outcome will be a general 'throw it all into the woods' reaction and then a merger of what remains.
    Yup, this too.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    More fodder for the culture wars?

Infighting on RPF???

There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Nah, won't be anything after a while, it will just wither and die off.
    but... but... muh cookies.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

The People running the national Boy Scouts have opened their minds so far that their brains have fallen out. Seriously, just when I thought they couldn't get any more stupid they go and pull this stunt.

This is complete garbage. The heads of national BSA caved to the ultra progressive feminist organization NOW.

I am ashamed to be associated with the BSA.

Despite the culture war going on, this is a very bad idea on multiple levels. I'm an Eagle/Vigil

Coincidence they do this on national coming out day?
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by kpitcher View Post
    There is a drastic difference between girl scouts and boy scouts and I know my niece will welcome this.

My nephew is working towards his eagle, the merit badge system requires actual effort and does offer a hundred+ different things to learn and explore. They also offer lots of activities and have a variety of fun things to do. The girl scouts not so much.

Girl scouts basically ignores STEM (Well there was a recent event at Notre Dame about Girl Scouts and STEM, that was an oddity) and there is no long list of merit badge style things for them to work on. Sure they can get badges and have a system in place for a "Gold Award" which is the girl scout equivalent of an Eagle. However my niece has said repeatedly she wishes the girl scouts would do things more like the boy scouts.

My sister is a local girl scout volunteer, even the administration structure between the boy scouts and girl scouts is quite different. Girl scouts, by comparison, just doesn't have their act together.

Boy scouts already has the co-ed Venture scouts after 18. If they keep cub or boy troops to all boy or all girls then I see nothing but good out of this decision.
    Yes. The problem is Girl Scouts do boring things like baking when the boys get to sail boats and play with campfires. As long as the dens and troops are separate I don't see a problem. You cannot put 14 year old boys and girls in the same campground though without a rise in pregnancies.

Quote Originally Posted by James_Madison_Lives View Post
    Yes. The problem is Girl Scouts do boring things like baking when the boys get to sail boats and play with campfires. As long as the dens and troops are separate I don't see a problem. You cannot put 14 year old boys and girls in the same campground though without a rise in pregnancies.
    Will need a new merit badge for practicing safe sex?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Will need a new merit badge for practicing safe sex?
    Probably one called "Social Justice Issues"

Maybe "How To Make a Vagina Hat"
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Just another salvo in the war on boys,
    Actually, BSA did this to themselves. Last year they decided to admit transgender children, so it is not much of a stretch to say that they have to now admit girls.

The Girl Scouts are not happy about this, and again, they did this to themselves. I enjoyed a 20 year tenure as a leader, and was a trainer in my council. This is something I can address. I was also a member as a girl.

There have always been coed programs in BSA at the high school levels. What they are called varies from area to area, but it was a way to add extra leadership experience and specific high adventure to some members who qualified.

Membership in both organizations are declining. Part of this has to do with the low numbers of available adults necessary to carry out troop/den/group activites. The other part has to do with the way the Girl Scout program has been watered down. For an organization that believes girls should explore new things, a lot of their badge work starts with, "make a list." By the time I was a leader, the program offered far fewer actual skill badges than it did when I was a kid.

In addition, Girl Scouts tried to address declining interest by calling it a diversity issue. This was really veiled racism. As a blond haired blue eyed woman, I was excluded from a lot of outreach because I did not appear to meet diversity goals set by GSUSA.
    Last edited by euphemia; 10-11-2017 at 02:55 PM.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

I just got surprised with my first son, who was born two months ago. But it's been over 15 years since I determined that none of my kids would have anything to do with scouting.

The entire thing is a military recruitment program which spreads $#@!ty theology to boot. That's not hyperbole. Baden-Powell himself created it specifically to prepare boys for military service, and any group that forces common prayer to a nebulous "great master of all scouts" is practicing $#@!ty theology.

I'm not returning my Eagle or anything primarily because nobody cares, and I refuse to spend that amount of effort on a meaningless gesture.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    I just got surprised with my first son, who was born two months ago. But it's been over 15 years since I determined that none of my kids would have anything to do with scouting.

The entire thing is a military recruitment program which spreads $#@!ty theology to boot. That's not hyperbole. Baden-Powell himself created it specifically to prepare boys for military service, and any group that forces common prayer to a nebulous "great master of all scouts" is practicing $#@!ty theology.

I'm not returning my Eagle or anything primarily because nobody cares, and I refuse to spend that amount of effort on a meaningless gesture.
    I don't particularly remember it being that way, but I imagine it varied depending on locality and specific church/troop. Can't say as I blame you with regards your children. My sister had asked last year why I didn't become a troop leader and I actually spent some time considering it. I finally decided the potential hassle wouldn't be worth it. First transgendered and now girls it sounds like a harassment lawsuit and sex offender status waiting to happen. One accusation and you're name is "mud."
    Last edited by phill4paul; 10-11-2017 at 03:51 PM.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    it already is, which is why they are making this change.
    Wrong change, too late. If leadership at least want steady numbers, boot the trannies. Have nothing to do with their parents at any level.

There have been club matrons, but they didn't hang around much at actual events from what I remember. Scouts was just a formal way of escaping women and letting boys be w/o mommy and big sister nagging, while keeping us relatively amused. Now sister and that ze thing are in the way, like the cousin who wouldn't stop following you and asking for everything you ever got.
    Last edited by Raginfridus; 10-11-2017 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    Wrong change, too late. If leadership at least want steady numbers, boot the trannies. Have nothing to do with their parents at any level.
    BSA was getting their asses sued off for not allowing gay scout leaders back in the day, and it's a lot easier for the scout leadership to suffer small losses over time than take those big hits and deal with all that crap from the lawsuits.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

There have been club matrons, but they didn't hang around much at actual events from what I remember. Scouts was just a formal way of escaping women and letting boys be w/o mommy and big sister nagging, while keeping us relatively amused. Now sister and that ze thing are in the way, like the cousin who wouldn't stop following you and asking for everything you ever got.
    Scout leaders may be female, that's nothing new. I'm shocked at people being upset by this. It's not like boys and girls are camping together, the statement says separate troops. More education and life skills for kids is a great thing.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Must be awesome sitting around a campfire listening to someone drone on and on about their menstrual cramps.

Quick, someone found the

Back when I was a Girl Scout, badges required actual skills. All kinds of skills. I'm one who believes men need to know how to cook and sew on buttons because not everyone lives with their mom.

The program was already watered down by the time I became a leader, but it really went south long about 1996 or so. The short version is that GSUSA was more interested in quantity than quality, and parents are less interested in helping groups of girls because Girl Scouts is not a trophy sport. They needed more program that requred less supervision from parents. Girls can work independently and have work signed off by someone who rarely sees them.

Girls were encouraged to explore STEM careers, and there were council programs to support that. Girls were also encouraged to camp. My girls camped with a variety of skills, but I know a lot of leaders never went past lodge camping with kitchens and indoor bathrooms. My girls planned most of their activities and planned their camping. Communicating that concept to most leaders was very difficult. Moms want to micromanage other women.
    #NashvilleStrong

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Must be awesome sitting around a campfire listening to someone drone on and on about their menstrual cramps.
    A good friend of mine is a scout mother and she is the one who trains her son's troop how to shoot--and she is a damn good teacher. I don't believe she sits around the campfire whining about her menstrual cramps.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    A good friend of mine is a scout mother and she is the one who trains her son's troop how to shoot--and she is a damn good teacher. I don't believe she sits around the campfire whining about her menstrual cramps.
    Wasn't talking about the leaders. Was referring to the mixing of girls with boys in Boy Scouts.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Wasn't talking about the leaders. Was referring to the mixing of girls with boys in Boy Scouts.
    Gotcha. This whole thing is nothing more than a facade. These organizations just like the school system were hijacked long ago with a communist-type agenda.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Back when I was a Girl Scout, badges required actual skills. All kinds of skills. I'm one who believes men need to know how to cook and sew on buttons because not everyone lives with their mom.
    I can't decide how to take that comment, since my mom taught me how to cook and sew on a button when I was but a boy.

Wouldn't it be easier to just change the name to 'Scouts' if you want girls involved?
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

WHY??????????????????????????

$#@! THESE CHAINS ARE SOLID!

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    More fodder for the culture wars?

Infighting on RPF???

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

The filthy progs leave no stone untouched, no matter how tiny the stone may be. The march for 'change' continues. Hopefully, humanity is wiped out before they reach their sinister goals.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I can't decide how to take that comment, since my mom taught me how to cook and sew on a button when I was but a boy.
    Take it as your mom is awesome.
    #NashvilleStrong

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Son is learning to cook/sew/fix cars and carpenter from his dad...

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Wouldn't it be easier to just change the name to 'Scouts' if you want girls involved?
    I've got it!!!!!

Instead of Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts we'll just call it the "Self-Identifying Scouts of Immoracal." We can call them "SISsies."

Look, this goes much deeper and is a much more important sign post on the road to destruction we are on, than a simple dismissal as "muh culture war" warrants.

We all sit around and piss and moan, "Where, oh where are the defenders of freedom?", as we watch helplessly as a prison grid slave state is erected all around us.

The answer is simple: nobody bothered to make any.

A love of liberty and the passion to defend it does not come naturally, it must be nurtured and cultivated. As I've said a million times, and believe beyond any shadow of doubt, the default human condition is to want to be fed, entertained and exercise petty power.

How is this done? Through training that organizations like Boy Scouts, all their current faults and warts aside, bring to boys.

Yes, boys.

Male and female humans are different. They think differently, they have different drives, passions and wants. To keep denying this natural truth is foolishness of the first degree.

Furthermore, boys must have a "right of passage" to become men, and that right of passage, with all due respect to NC Scout leaders that teach shooting, must be done by men. Every human society that has ever thrived and survived, has had a rite of passage for boys to test the mettle and become men.

And boys do better in schooling, in learning, in bonding, in becoming men when they are led and taught by men, in a unisex environment.

This action by BSA just marks another point in the ongoing "war on boys".

So, compound this a hundred fold, from the very first exposures to "society" that a boy gets in the poisonous and gynocentric government schools, all the way to the third divorce raping in the gynocentric government courts, and you will start to understand why, when you look for somebody to defend liberty, at great risk to life and limb, you will find nothing but moping, timid manginas, manboys who know how to accomplish nothing more than getting to next level of Halo V, or, increasingly, men both young and old, that are taking a good hard look at what they are expected by society and millions of toxic slags that claim to be "strong independent woemen", to support, comply with and be validated by and are, quite rightly, telling the whole miserable lot of them all to $#@! off and die, and walking away from the whole mess.

Can't say I blame them one bit.

But the long term consequences of all of this are deadly for the health and liberty of a free society.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    Probably one called "Social Justice Issues"
    This is actually the trend in education and children's literature. Check out the children's books linked on Zulily today. I would never buy my grandchildren a book about becoming an activist. That's something I hope to teach them all by myself.
    #NashvilleStrong

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast