Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Libertarian Party quotes Satanic Temple and links to platform

Libertarian Party quotes Satanic Temple and links to platform

The LP has stupidity down to a science.

https://twitter.com/AP4Liberty/statu...75511142764545
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That reminds me, need to cancel my membership.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

I think they've been trojan horsed like the GOP has.

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries

I will assume everyones moving over to the CP now?
    Last edited by Lamp; 04-13-2017 at 08:03 PM.

educational wing not trying to win office but get people to think about issues and liberties.

but boy are they really pushing the envelope here!

They've been circling the drain for a while. Now, the final flush.
    Last edited by euphemia; 04-14-2017 at 11:05 AM.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Living by your own will alone is not liberty because people are never truly free by themselves. They will have the chains of the natural sinful nature holding them from truly experiencing freedom as God intended.
    No - No - No - No

If anyone here did not see the co-opt of the party then I don't really know what to say. The sad truth is that they were ripe for the picking. If you are going to run Federal government opposition without core principles..then...Gary Johnson.

No - No - No - No

Ron Paul & Michael Badnarik DO NOT approve this message
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    ok if we're gonna play that game I guess........

Quote Originally Posted by HitoKichi View Post

I will assume everyones moving over to the CP now?
    Ya. You know the criticism of some here used to be that the CP is a "Christian Party"
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Ya. You know the criticism of some here used to be that the CP is a "Christian Party"

I thought I was the only one here who wasn't christian.

No. we have diversity.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Libertarian leaning people are often athiest . I am a Christian but doubt that most are .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Libertarian leaning people are often athiest . I am a Christian but doubt that most are .
    I'm agnostic. I don't know another libertarian that is Satanic. Not a one. I've known many Christians that were libertarians. I've never run across a Satanist that was disposed towards libertarianism. I dunno. YMMV.

I'm Christian.
    There is no spoon.

This could be fake?

I don't use Twitter, but start here:
    https://twitter.com/LPNational
    ...all the real postings say " Libertarian Party‏ (Verified account) @LPNational"

The post in this thread doesn't have the same format
    Last edited by Indy Vidual; 04-14-2017 at 10:28 AM.
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Vidual View Post
    This could be fake?

I don't use Twitter, but start here:
    https://twitter.com/LPNational
    ...all the real postings say " Libertarian Party‏ (Verified account) @LPNational"

The post in this thread doesn't have the same format
    It is not fake. It is a screen shot of the Facebook page not their Twitter page. Austin Petersen and others saw it. Then the LP took the post down.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    It is not fake. It is a screen shot of the Facebook page not their Twitter page. Austin Petersen and others saw it. Then the LP took the post down.
    OK, I see, thanks for explaining:
    Now I see "Facebook" in the text under the second image.... SpongeBob must have distracted me.

Edit: That is real, WTF, sounds like Satan is expanding his influence.
    Last edited by Indy Vidual; 04-14-2017 at 10:37 AM.
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

This seems aligned with that I thought the LP was about. The LP is about spreading the message of liberty, not getting elected. This created news/social media buzz. People are talking about the LP. Some of those people are learning about liberty. Seems like a win for the LP.

People that want to win partisan offices run as Republicans in most states or in New Hampshire, as Republicans or Democrats. This doesn't change that.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    This seems aligned with that I thought the LP was about. The LP is about spreading the message of liberty, not getting elected. This created news/social media buzz. People are talking about the LP. Some of those people are learning about liberty. Seems like a win for the LP.

People that want to win partisan offices run as Republicans in most states or in New Hampshire, as Republicans or Democrats. This doesn't change that.
    Yep. As I understand it, they did a series of tweets that demonstrated libertarian principles are found in Islam, Buddhism, etc. In fact, Sarwark says the first time the Islam and Buddhism tweets got way more blowback than the Satanic Temple one.

Like it or not, the LP platform says this -

1.2 Expression and Communication

We support full freedom of expression and oppose government censorship, regulation or control of communications media and technology. We favor the freedom to engage in or abstain from any religious activities that do not violate the rights of others. We oppose government actions which either aid or attack any religion.
    As much as we might believe one or the other religion is true, the LP's mission requires it (as an organization) giving one religion no more or less political validity than any other.

Whether the LP is doing the right thing marketing-wise is another question. But if religious conservatives voted for trump, can we really be so concerned about one tweet from the LP?

As far as I can tell, the Satanic Temple is a spoof organization in the vein of Church of the SubGenius, Pastafarianism, Kekism, etc. If, in the course of their tongue-in-cheek shennanigans their organization sometimes forwards the work of the real Adversary, well, so do many self-identifying Christians, sometimes in the name of the Savior.
    Last edited by undergroundrr; 04-19-2017 at 11:12 AM.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy Vidual View Post

Edit: That is real, WTF, sounds like Satan is expanding his influence.
    Nope,, just his visibility.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Nope,, just his visibility.
    I think that correlates with influence.

The real question is whether Satan's purposes are being promoted.

The word Satan isn't a magic word like Voldemort that causes bad things to happen by its very utterance. The Satan worshipped by the Satanic Temple is the character from 80s heavy-metal records and splatter gore movies, The Devil Is a Part-Timer, Little Nicky, etc. It seems to me that somebody saying they worship Satan (especially that one) and not really meaning it maybe not as bad as it seems. Wouldn't Satan's work be more effectively done by somebody claiming to worship the risen Christ, but not really meaning it?
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post
    Yep. As I understand it, they did a series of tweets that demonstrated libertarian principles are found in Islam, Buddhism, etc. In fact, Sarwark says the first time the Islam and Buddhism tweets got way more blowback than the Satanic Temple one.

Like it or not, the LP platform says this -

As much as we might believe one or the other religion is true, the LP's mission requires it (as an organization) giving one religion no more or less political validity than any other.

Whether the LP is doing the right thing marketing-wise is another question. But if religious conservatives voted for trump, can we really be so concerned about one tweet from the LP?

As far as I can tell, the Satanic Temple is a spoof organization in the vein of Church of the SubGenius, Pastafarianism, Kekism, etc. If, in the course of their tongue-in-cheek shennanigans their organization sometimes forwards the work of the real Adversary, well, so do many self-identifying Christians, sometimes in the name of the Savior.
    ...great post...

...let's get real here...this is the abortion prohibitionist coalition (mostly radio republicans, 'christian' republicans, etc. republicrat cranks) trying to score political points...btw, take the very same quote (attributed here to 'the satanic temple,') and attribute it to some obscure author and most of you would like it...why not?..

...and the know-little blowhard, austin peterson, supported the republican crud-puppet ted cruz..ugh...he needs to get out of the LP and go blow republican trumpet..
    Last edited by H. E. Panqui; 04-19-2017 at 11:36 AM.

I am a Christian...

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Supporting Member
    North Korea

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post
    The Devil Is a Part-Timer
    It was good wasn't it?

I'm a Christian, and I think it is about time we stop using the term "libertarian" because it has been taken over by people who have a lot of power and very little idea about liberty.

What's the new term?
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast