Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spicer Resigns.

Spicer Resigns.

EndGameShow
    SPICER RESIGNS AS WHITE HOUSE PRESS SECRETARY: NYT

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Aww! I liked him - he was a rockstar.

Sean Spicer, the White House press secretary, resigned on Friday morning, telling President Trump he vehemently disagreed with the appointment of New York financier Anthony Scaramucci as communications director.

Mr. Trump offered Mr. Scaramucci the job at 10 a.m. The president requested that Mr. Spicer stay on, but Mr. Spicer told Mr. Trump that he believed the appointment was a major mistake, according to person with direct knowledge of the exchange.
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...D=ansmsnnews11

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Aww! I liked him - he was a rockstar.

Mr. Trump offered Mr. Scaramucci the job at 10 a.m.
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...D=ansmsnnews11
    Scaramucci, Scaramucci, will you do the Fandango?

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I had the same exact thought. I bet he hates that song.

Lol. I'd imagine...

fan·dan·go
    fanˈdaNGɡō/Submit
    noun

2.a foolish or useless act or thing.

The only way I would take that job would be with the understanding that I get to be a wrecking ball. And then promptly exit politics for comedy.

So did I- and, personally, I'd rather listen to Queen any day, than Washington lunkheads.

There is no spoon.

Do you think Laura Ingraham would take the job if she was offered it now?

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Surprised he lasted 6 months
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

I thought he was ineffective. Hope he finds something else to do.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Trying to explain and defend Trump is a difficult job. It should come with hazardous duty pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Trying to explain and defend Trump is a difficult job. It should come with hazardous duty pay.
    We've seen how violent your crowd gets when triggered, no doubt about that.

We've seen how violent your crowd gets when triggered, no doubt about that.
    lmao

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Surprised he lasted 6 months
    I'm not. I'm kind of surprised that he's leaving. I'm guessing that he left of his own accord and was not forced out.

I don't think anything is going to change with regards to the quality of the communications from the White House. It wasn't Spicer's fault; he was either being fed total nonsense or else the decisions/information were changing so quickly that by the time it came out of his mouth it was already wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    I'm not. I'm kind of surprised that he's leaving. I'm guessing that he left of his own accord and was not forced out.

I don't think anything is going to change with regards to the quality of the communications from the White House. It wasn't Spicer's fault; he was either being fed total nonsense or else the decisions/information were changing so quickly that by the time it came out of his mouth it was already wrong.
    No, Spicer's biggest problem is that he didn't learn from the campaign. He was playing the old media game instead of the new media game. The old media game, the media sets the narrative - they accuse you of something and you respond. The new media game, the actors set the narrative and the media responds. That is what Trump did during his campaign, and that is what has been lacking since his election.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    The new media game, the actors set the narrative and the media responds. That is what Trump did during his campaign, and that is what has been lacking since his election.
    It's not Spicer's fault that Trump cannot manage to maintain a consistent narrative.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's not Spicer's fault that Trump cannot manage to maintain a consistent narrative.
    It's not Trump's fault Spicer was pushing a narrative that came from someone in the Trump admin other than Trump.

Well, it kinda is actually, but in a more macro sense.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

The new media game, the actors set the narrative and the media responds. That is what Trump did during his campaign, and that is what has been lacking since his election.
    I am inclined to agree with this.

It's not Trump's fault Spicer was pushing a narrative that came from someone in the Trump admin other than Trump.

Well, it kinda is actually, but in a more macro sense.
    It's Trump's fault completely at every level.

You actually got close to blaming Trump there for a moment, but you saved yourself with some weasel words. Are you feeling alright?

H/T Angela

Should be fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

Scare a Moochie favors gun control.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...-control-laws/

Was an Obama fundraiser.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-campaign-cash

Fighting globalization "counterproductive"

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...globalization/

According to the Washington Examiner, “Scaramucci has donated to every single Democratic presidential nominee since 2000. More than generous, according to FEC filings, he gave Vice President Gore $1,000 and Kerry $3,000; He gave Sen. Hilary Clinton, $4,300 and President Obama, $4,600.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...globalization/

Pro abortion

https://mic.com/articles/182678/acco...ama#.EkDbc9tnA

Supports the theory of AGW

https://mic.com/articles/182678/acco...ama#.EkDbc9tnA

Draining that swamp.

Scaramuccia (literally "little skirmisher"), also known as Scaramouche or Scaramouch, is a stock clown character of the Italian commedia dell'arte. The role combined characteristics of the zanni (servant) and the Capitano (masked henchman). Usually attired in black Spanish dress and burlesquing a don, he was often beaten by Harlequin for his boasting and cowardice.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump’s New White House Communications Director Said U.S. Sanctions on Russia Are Wrong

Early this year President Donald Trump’s new pick to head up White House communications team told Russian state media outlets that American sanctions against Russia are wrong.
    Sanctions against Russia are “not the best decision” taken by the Obama administration said Wall Street financier Anthony Scaramucci during the Davos World Economic Forum in Switzerland, according to network Rossiya1.

More at: https://uk.news.yahoo.com/trump-whit...162239652.html

I still don't like him.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

No, Spicer's biggest problem is that he didn't learn from the campaign. He was playing the old media game instead of the new media game. The old media game, the media sets the narrative - they accuse you of something and you respond. The new media game, the actors set the narrative and the media responds. That is what Trump did during his campaign, and that is what has been lacking since his election.

I agree with this. D Trump turned all of this on its head. He did everything Nixon was not able to do for two reasons: 1. Nixon did not have the temperament for this; and 2. Social media was non-existent in Nixon's time.

Donald Trump took the offensive when past president's were on the defensive.

Yet another attempted progressive spin from somebody who probably never attended a meaningful office meeting.
    Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 07-22-2017 at 02:25 AM.
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Seems like a real winner. 64D Chess, baby!

Makes no sense, if he is a good guy then it would be better for him to work on the inside to counter the Scamuchi guy than quitting. I guess this new appointee is that straw that broke the Spicers back.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Spicer was leaking all over the place like a sieve. That's what Bushies do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast