Thread: Trump selects CFR member and Fox News employee as deputy NSA

Trump selects CFR member and Fox News employee as deputy NSA

President-elect Donald Trump on Friday named a hard-line former Reagan administration official to his national security staff and a prominent election lawyer as White House counsel, continuing to round out the team that will shape his policies on security and legal affairs.For deputy national security adviser, Trump chose Kathleen “KT” McFarland, a Fox News analyst who vocally opposes many of President Obama’s national security policies. She will serve as deputy under National Security adviser designee Michael Flynn, a retired lieutenant general and fierce critic of Obama’s stances on Islamist extremism.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...d25_story.html

http://www.cfr.org/about/membership/....html?letter=M

Consider the swamp drained.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    After we enjoy your salty tears.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Nice intro - thanks.

So far based on that 5 minutes... I give her a thumbs up.

CPUd incoming with an opinion from the NYT in 3...2...1....

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post

She has railed against neocons and been an advocate for more restrained foreign policy. I watched a panel interview with her for the Charles Koch Institute a while back and came away thinking she was pretty reasonable. You could do a lot worse than her.

CFR, The best place to pick "non"establishment types.

"Donald F. McGahn, a controversial former member of the Federal Election Commission who had served as Trump’s campaign lawyer, will be his White House counsel."

Wait.... the FEC that makes sure theres no competition against the RATS and DEMONS. Another winner.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Drained and refilled. But trust me says golden hair boy. This $#@! don't stink as bad as the last.

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Banned

Blog Entries
    CFR has never been a bad word to me, much like Bilderburg Group. What I find disconcerting was she worked for Kissinger, but that was in the 1970's.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    CFR has never been a bad word to me, much like Bilderburg Group. What I find disconcerting was she worked for Kissinger, but that was in the 1970's.
    So she seems to be around globalists quite a bit.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pizzo View Post
    So she seems to be around globalists quite a bit.
    I don't think she is bilderberg group.

CFR has never been a bad word to me, much like Bilderburg Group.
    So you're pro international government; "new world order" "united nations" etc?

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

//
    Last edited by Jamesiv1; 11-26-2016 at 10:12 AM.

I don't think she is bilderberg group.
    Bilderbergers aren't the only globalists.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Organizations like the CFR have a ring within a ring.

Rand seems to have a similar view or her as I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post

Rand seems to have a similar view or her as I do.
    That's a positive sign.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You conveniently skipped the first 3 paragraphs of article in the first link (WaPo, ironically):

President-elect Donald Trump on Friday named a libertarian election lawyer as his White House counsel and a hard-line former Reagan administration official to a top post on his national security staff.

Trump announced that Donald F. McGahn, a controversial former member of the Federal Election Commission who had served as Trump’s campaign lawyer, will be his White House counsel.

In that job, McGahn will serve as the president’s legal adviser — a job that in the past has involved occasionally arguing to restrain what the chief executive wants to do.

It will be interesting to see how Don’s suspicion of government — his deep libertarianism — will affect his advice on questions of executive authority,” said Robert F. Bauer, who served as White House counsel for President Obama. “And as somebody who has never shied away from a fight, he would not likely be a ‘yes man’ in this or any other aspect of the job.

Quote Originally Posted by openfire View Post
    You conveniently skipped the first 3 paragraphs of article in the first link (WaPo, ironically):
    That's a different person, who, by the way, is a lifetime DC elections lawyer and former chairman of the Federal Election Commission. Also not draining the swamp.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Organizations like the CFR have a ring within a ring.
    CFR members have many different backgrounds and ideologies. They do not have any sort of monolithic view of the world or of policies. They often publish articles on both sides of issues.

Stef: I just want to see Cliven Bundy named as the head of the Bureau of Land Management..

Mike: Oh, that would be beautiful..

Last edited by dannno; 11-26-2016 at 02:05 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    CFR members have many different backgrounds and ideologies. They do not have any sort of monolithic view of the world or of policies. They often publish articles on both sides of issues.
    But there is an inner circle that directs core policy. Some of the peripheral members are there for the material incentives that the access offers them, whether that's an industry head or politico. Let's say you want market access for your company in a sanctioned country. You talk to the CFR.

bump
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.