Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [VIDEO] ~ Tensions increase with North Korea...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I find this funny, because everyone mocks North Korea's military, but with a single torpedo a South Korean ship sinks.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    I find this funny, because everyone mocks North Korea's military, but with a single torpedo a South Korean ship sinks.
    I don't know anyone that mocks North Korea's military.

North Korea is no joke.

Especially if you're South Korea.

North Korea HATES the United States with a bizzare obsessive passion.

Their entire military infrastructure is buried underground and is mostly impervious to any attempt at bombing from US air forces.

North Korea has massive underground tunnels that they can use at any given moment to funnel thousands and thousands of troops under the DMZ and pop out in the middle of cities in South Korea.

If NK wanted to go for broke in an all out war, it would be HORRIBLE.

Most of South Korea would likely be decimated long before we positioned our trashed military into the area from their current tasks in the middle east.

Our troops on the DMZ would be in for a world of hurt as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Reason View Post

North Korea is no joke.

Their entire military infrastructure is buried underground and is mostly impervious to any attempt at bombing from US air forces.

North Korea has massive underground tunnels that they can use at any given moment to funnel thousands and thousands of troops under the DMZ and pop out in the middle of cities in South Korea.

Most of South Korea would likely be decimated long before we positioned our trashed military into the area from their current tasks in the middle east.

You just taught me a lot I didn't know about North Korea's military infrastructure; I suppose it makes more sense now that crazy Kim is so brazen. After living in such a bubble for such a long time and building a vast underground military infrastructure, he probably thinks he's personally invulnerable to attack, when it comes down to it.

God, I hope nothing comes of this...and I hope that if it does, we don't get involved (wishful thinking). We do NOT need another damn war, especially not one against a country like North Korea.
    Quote Originally Posted by President John F. Kennedy
    And we must face the fact that the United States is neither omnipotent nor omniscient. That we are only 6% of the world's population, and that we cannot impose our will upon the other 94% of mankind. That we cannot right every wrong or reverse each adversity, and that therefore there cannot be an American solution to every world problem.
    I need an education in US history, from the ground up. Can you help point me to a comprehensive, unbiased, scholarly resource?

Just a glorified prick-waving contest, except it'll kill a lot of innocent people.

Not North Korea. Just Kim Jong Il.

I was in South Korea a couple years ago. Most everyone I spoke to said that they considered the North to be their brothers and when Kim Jong Il died the two countries would unite. The main thing to do is avoid war until it happens. That dude is old as $#@! and can't last that much longer.

BTW South Korea is an extremely advanced country technologically. Probably better in tech than the US. And they are free and have a very strong economy. North Korea is one of the least free and poorest countries in the world. It's no surprise that the North would hate the South.

I really think Kimmy is looking for any excuse to finish his father's war before he kicks the bucket.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Hmm... isn't North Korea one of the countries in the world that don't have a Rothschild controlled central bank along with Iran,Sudan,Cuba and Libya?

http://www.lookingglassnews.org/view...hp?storyid=121
    Last edited by Marenco; 05-21-2010 at 06:52 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oh joy, another foreign war of intervention is on the horizon. Hopefully this will be the final straw, and the American people will grow tired of this bull$#@!.
    Come visit the new and sort-of improved Morgan's Fun Ranting Corner, updated July 14, 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Marenco View Post
    Hmm... isn't North Korea one of the countries in the world that don't have a Rothschild controlled central bank along with Iran,Sudan,Cuba and Libya?

http://www.lookingglassnews.org/view...hp?storyid=121
    What about Venezuela?

Quote Originally Posted by sevin View Post
    What about Venezuela?
    Not really sure about them, i would like to know this as well if anyone here knows something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackTerrel View Post
    Not North Korea. Just Kim Jong Il.

I was in South Korea a couple years ago. Most everyone I spoke to said that they considered the North to be their brothers and when Kim Jong Il died the two countries would unite. The main thing to do is avoid war until it happens. That dude is old as $#@! and can't last that much longer.

BTW South Korea is an extremely advanced country technologically. Probably better in tech than the US. And they are free and have a very strong economy. North Korea is one of the least free and poorest countries in the world. It's no surprise that the North would hate the South.
    Actually, the entire people of NK are taught to hate America from birth via the propaganda of Kim's Juche philosophy. He controls all public information and repeatedly indoctrinates the people about American atrocities from the Korean War. Also, Kim constantly blames the US for the divide between the Korean people. Lastly, any person that doesn't tow the worker's party line is imprisoned or worse.

This latest attack by Kim on the SK ship could be his way of showing his strength as the "Great Leader" (to his people) with the likelihood that his son, Kim Jung-un, would be a shoe-in as his successor. At least that's what I've heard speculated by certain mainstream publications lately.

I live in Korea. Do you have any questions?

I'm off to see a pro soccer game, talk to you later.
    " Anyone can become angry. That is easy. But to be angry with the right person, to the right degree, at the right time, for the right purpose and in the right way - that is not easy." --Aristotle

He's also the greatest golfer of all time... by a wide margin.

http://www.worldtribune.com/worldtri...rea_06_16.html

Pyongyang media say Kim enjoys golf, having shot multiple holes-in-one during his first try at the game. He reportedly aced five holes and finished 38 under par on the golf course. The "Dear Leader" routinely shoots three or four holes-in-one per round, the government-controlled media reported.

North Korea is no joke.

1. The Korean People's Army is numerically strong, but there have been reports by defectors of weakening morale - troops have looted food depots in cities.
    2. The North Korean air force is a joke - it has mainly 1950s vintage Soviet jets. They lack fuel and their pilots barely get enough training every year. They would be all destroyed by US Air Force bombardments before the pilots were able to get in the cockpits, and any jets who made it off the tarmacs would probably fly to safety in Manchuria.
    3. The Korean People's Army is massed right above the DMZ, for a southward push. They would probably be able to bust through and perhaps even reach Seoul, but not before the combined firepower of the USA and South Korean air forces created a 21st Century version of the 1991 Persian Gulf War highway of death.
    4. Any attempt by the North Koreans to nuke South Korean territory, however tragic, would mean the immediate end of the North Korean state. Bill Clinton, for all his faults, stated the truth when he visited the DMZ as president - that if they ever attempted anything, it would be "the end of their country."

You are right in that North Korea could do a lot of damage, in large part because they have the world's largest special forces contingent and because they now enjoy a veritable fifth column in the south. 2 successive South Korean presidential administrations headed by leftist politicians resulted in a wave of anti-Americanism and a lot of pro-North Korean sympathizers in the South.

However, as much damage as North Korea could cause to the South, South Korea will never be the aggressor. I for one advocate the violent overthrow of the North Korean communist party, and if they fire the first shot, it's all over for them.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Obama tells South Korea "Prepare for North Korea aggression"
    from Yahoo:
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100524/...ea_north_obama

Is this another Gulf of Tonkin?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_of_Tonkin_Incident

The second Tonkin Gulf incident, which occurred on August 4, 1964, was also a naval battle, but this time, may have involved the "Tonkin Ghosts"[7], and no actual NVN Torpedo Boat attacks. The outcome of this second incident was the passage by Congress of the Gulf of Tonkin Resolution, which granted President Lyndon B. Johnson the authority to assist any Southeast Asian country whose government was considered to be jeopardized by "communist aggression". The resolution served as Johnson's legal justification for deploying US conventional forces and the commencement of open warfare against North Vietnam
    Last edited by Pauls' Revere; 05-24-2010 at 01:16 AM.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by american.swan View Post
    I live in Korea. Do you have any questions?

I'm off to see a pro soccer game, talk to you later.

How do the people of So. Korea respond to this?

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Well, I could care less, if it wasn't for the fact that we are being pulled into this again.
    We should have never been involved the first time.
    This whole story has a stink on it. First the SK ship is in disputed territorial waters. Why??
    Was it there to provoke an incident? Did it cross too far inside NK territory?

My first thought is that they hit a mine due to their own incursion. But now it seems that (reportedly), it was a German made torpedo.
    I was under the impression that most of their weapons (NK's) were homegrown or of Chinese origin.
    Could it be that this was staged by a yet unknown third party?
    There are several with both motive and ability.

More $#@!,
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

In all honesty, I think North Korea is a paper tiger that posses no serious military threat to the United States. Think about what the North would be facing should they commit to a path of war with the South, and ultimately the United States (probably a coalition of European powers like Great Britain, Germany, France, etc as well). You basically have one of the poorest nations in the world going up against the industrial superpower, along with every other major industrial power in the world. There is absolutely no way in hell they could match the military might of the United States (lets face it, given time, even the South would just outproduce them and then overrun the North's positions with superior numbers and technology).

The North's only hope for "victory" would be for Vietnam situation where they would win politically in the face of horrific losses and damage to their already dilapidated countries infrastructure. The only problem is that unlike Vietnam, the North does not have the military backing of another superpower who can supply them with munitions and cutting edge technology with which they can fight the war. Furthermore, should they result to more extreme tactics like Chemical warfare, the United States and her allies would be more than capable of responding with equal or vastly superior force.

Its really a no win situation for the North, as it would mean the certain and utter destruction of their country, but more importantly it would mean the end of Kim Jong-il's reign, something I doubt he is willing to give up.
    Last edited by Inquisitive; 05-25-2010 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitive View Post
    In all honesty, I think North Korea is a paper tiger that posses no serious military threat to the United States. Think about what the North would be facing should they commit to a path of war with the South, and ultimately the United States (probably a coalition of European powers like Great Britain, Germany, France, etc as well). You basically have one of the poorest nations in the world going up against the industrial superpower, along with every other major industrial power in the world. There is absolutely no way in hell they could match the military might of the United States (lets face it, given time, even the South would just outproduce them and then overrun the North's positions with superior numbers and technology).

The North's only hope for "victory" would be for Vietnam situation where they would win politically in the face of horrific losses and damage to their already dilapidated countries infrastructure. The only problem is that unlike Vietnam, the North does not have the military backing of another superpower who can supply them with munitions and cutting edge technology with which they can fight the war. Furthermore, should they result to more extreme tactics like Chemical warfare, the United States and her allies would be more than capable of responding with equal or vastly superior force.

Its really a no win situation for the North, as it would mean the certain and utter destruction of their country, but more importantly it would mean the end of Kim Jong-il's reign, something I doubt he is willing to give up.
    Seriously, How old are you?
    Ever hear of something called the Korean War? Look it up.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_War
    Korea was never a threat to the US. But 36,516 Americans lost their lives. 92,134 were wounded.
    We still have a bunch there that would be wiped out in an attack from the North.

Someone is playing a dangerous game.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Seriously, How old are you?
    Ever hear of something called the Korean War? Look it up.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_War
    Korea was never a threat to the US. But 36,516 Americans lost their lives. 92,134 were wounded.
    We still have a bunch there that would be wiped out in an attack from the North.

Someone is playing a dangerous game.
    Was that as a result of the Northern forces or the Chinese? I was under the impression that until China entered the war, the North had practically been defeated and that it was in fact China who managed to draw the UN forces to a stalemate.

I really don't know what the endgame is for North Korea. It's a tough situation for those of us who support non-interventionism, and an exceedingly dangerous one. The DPRK regime cannot last indefinitely, but its fall will not be pretty however way you cut it. There will be no jubilant, totally peaceful reunification here, like with East and West Germany.

Even if the government fell, the country is so far behind South Korea that it would be a massive economic burden. Then there's the wild card of the people, many of whom may truly believe in the state propaganda--it's the only thing they have ever known. I almost wouldn't mind if China intervened and either removed the DPRK rulers and put in their own figureheads or came to rule North Korea directly as an extension of China. Let someone else deal with this loose cannon and perhaps save the modern world from the high costs of trying to drag it up to our economic and technological level.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitive View Post
    Was that as a result of the Northern forces or the Chinese? I was under the impression that until China entered the war, the North had practically been defeated and that it was in fact China who managed to draw the UN forces to a stalemate.
    Relevance?
    The UN still controls the stalemate. China Could go either way. They are not tipping their hand.

Regardless, If hostilities kick off,, Hundreds of thousands will die. South Korea Will be decimated even if they win.

We should have never become involved the first time. But ya can't change the past.

Someone fired that torpedo. A German Made torpedo. Either deliberately or by accident.
    2 known naval forces in the area at the time use that type of torpedo.

Someone is playing dangerous games.

Some interesting perspectives,
    http://japanfocus.org/-Tanaka-Sakai/3361
    http://beforeitsnews.com/news/48/745...g_Lied_To.html
    Last edited by pcosmar; 05-25-2010 at 09:35 PM.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Relevance?
    The UN still controls the stalemate. China Could go either way. They are not tipping their hand.

Regardless, If hostilities kick off,, Hundreds of thousands will die. South Korea Will be decimated even if they win.

We should have never become involved the first time. But ya can't change the past.

Someone fired that torpedo. A German Made torpedo. Either deliberately or by accident.

Japanfocus....nice article...Thanks
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Relevance?
    The heavy casualties and the creation of a Northern state were a result of Chinese interference, at least that's what I had understood to be the case.

Yeah, I am not advocating war, its just that I see a lot of people who talk about North Korea as some sort of bogey man, greatly exaggerating its military capabilities, especially versus the United States. It reminds me of the treatment Iraq received prior to the first Gulf War, greatly exaggerating its capabilities so that when the war started it seemed like such a shock that victory was achieved so easily, but in reality the war was over before it started.

I think the US administration at the time felt that the spreading of Communism was a significant enough threat that should Korea fall the rest of Asia might fall as a result of a domino effect.

There will be no winners and no vanquished.

There are implications not raised in this thread that are quite serious indeed.

Relevance?

Interesting to note that the sinking of the South Korean ship took place on the same day that the Korean man that assasinated Ito Hirobumi was executed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast