Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trump attacks 'gutless' Ron DeSantis for refusing to say if he's had COVID booster

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I like how you have conspiracy theorists out there saying the only reason Trump is supporting the vaccine and the booster is because he has no choice due to optics. They must not be aware that optics can only take you so far. When you've been using these vaccines for a year, and the only thing it's doing is causing more death, pain, and destruction, it might be a good time to stop pretending they work.
    Last edited by Anti Globalist; 01-12-2022 at 08:56 PM.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Did anybody actually watch this? The headline is a lie, he never once mentions DeSantis or anyone else by name. Very general comments about "politicians." Never quote Rawstory it is a lefty sewer.

Quote Originally Posted by James_Madison_Lives View Post
    Did anybody actually watch this? The headline is a lie, he never once mentions DeSantis or anyone else by name. Very general comments about "politicians." Never quote Rawstory it is a lefty sewer.
    Not me. I only need to misread a couple of words in the thread title and I'm clicking "Reply with Quote."
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by cjm View Post
    Not me. I only need to misread a couple of words in the thread title and I'm clicking "Reply with Quote."
    ....and that is why it works....
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by Intrepid View Post
    Trump may be the greatest president in US history.
    I predicted you would say this.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    I think when Ben Garrison drew that, he was subconsciously seeing himself in the place of Trump, and the Trump bandwagon in place of the vaccine bandwagon. He's starting to feel buyer's remorse, and isn't ready to admit how horribly wrong he was.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

Quote Originally Posted by James_Madison_Lives View Post
    Agree that the headline is misleading in that he didn't refer to DeSantis by name, but, as the article states, DeSantis is in the category of "gutless politician" to which Trump generally referred.

It's a distinction without a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Intrepid View Post
    Trump may be the greatest president in US history.
    Trump may be the greatest president in world history.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    I know people projected their hopes and fantasies onto Trump, but he was never what his supporters thought he was. Let him take himself outta the way.
    "They thought Trump was the river but he was the dam." -- Michael Malice

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Governor DeSantis has consistently said that vaccination (and by extension, boosters) should be a personal choice, and anyone who has questions or concerns should consult with a healthcare provider."
    It is no ones damn business what his or anyone's vaccine status is. It would be different if he was pushing it or calling for a mandate. That entire family needs to shut-up already and get out of politics altogether.

If Desantis got it and the booster to protect his wife that has cancer, I do not think anyone would blame him on that personal choice.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

He was so fun while it was liberal heads he was filling with dynamite. Now that the New York "former" Democrat is back to exploding conservative heads, well...

Some of us told you this would happen.
    Yes, you did.
    I accept this.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    DeSantis should attack Trump for being gutless for not promoting healthy lifestyle choices, promoting therapeutics, and promoting nobody should be forced to take these vaccines.
    He knows he cannot take a collision with Trump and have his political career survive. Trump knows this which is why he's trying to make it happen earlier rather than later. He wants DeSantis out of the way.
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Neocon View Post
    He knows he cannot take a collision with Trump and have his political career survive. Trump knows this which is why he's trying to make it happen earlier rather than later. He wants DeSantis out of the way.
    And the harder Trump attacks on this line, the more he looks like he reverted back to being a Democrat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

He handed DeSantis the perfect opportunity to take the high road, which is what would have been the politically smarter move for Trump here. But the thought of that simply doesn't register with Trump.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

And the harder Trump attacks on this line, the more he looks like he reverted back to being a Democrat.
    But will the MAGA folks see this? They're a little smarter than the average leftist, I do believe, but it remains to be seen whether they're smart enough to accept this or not.
    Trump running for re-election in 2024 is a joke and is doomed to fail. Again.

If the MAGA types are serious, they'll see there are coalitions that can be formed but they really should start asking themselves if they want his dead weight strapped to them or not. Then again, I sometimes think MAGA is closer to a religious movement that requires his presence more than anything.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Okie RP fan View Post
    But will the MAGA folks see this? They're a little smarter than the average leftist, I do believe, but it remains to be seen whether they're smart enough to accept this or not.
    Trump running for re-election in 2024 is a joke and is doomed to fail. Again.

If the MAGA types are serious, they'll see there are coalitions that can be formed but they really should start asking themselves if they want his dead weight strapped to them or not. Then again, I sometimes think MAGA is closer to a religious movement that requires his presence more than anything.
    I have a much more pessimistic view of MAGA cultists than most here. The bolded part basically summarizes how I feel about this.

This doesn't apply to everyone but Trump has over 50% support already in the 2024 primary. These people will pretty much side with Trump no matter what and turn into mini attack dogs against DeSantis. Trump knows he's got the pied piper kind of effect over these people, which is why he wants to unleash them against his potential rival sooner rather than later.
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

Quote Originally Posted by Okie RP fan View Post
    ..............I sometimes think MAGA is closer to a religious movement that requires his presence more than anything.
    I have a much more pessimistic view of MAGA cultists than most here. The bolded part basically summarizes how I feel about this.

This doesn't apply to everyone but Trump has over 50% support already in the 2024 primary. These people will pretty much side with Trump no matter what and turn into mini attack dogs against DeSantis. Trump knows he's got the pied piper kind of effect over these people, which is why he wants to unleash them against his potential rival sooner rather than later.
    You are not alone in those noticing how disturbing the support is that way and others would float the idea that it is a religious movement but not a Christian one.

The Jesus of the Bible taught one thing — and Trump does the opposite
    https://www.alternet.org/2022/01/trump-bible-teaching/

In The Sermon on the Mount, Jesus spoke in the plural when he predicted “false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly are ravening wolves.”

After warning that grifters and con artists (in secular terms) would try to exploit His followers, He said, “by their fruits ye shall know them.”

Trump’s “fruits” are pretty obvious:

- As an object of admiration and a role model, he’s replaced Jesus in many white evangelical congregation
    - More than twenty women have accused him of rape and sexual assault.
    - He lied about Covid (after disclosing the truth to Bob Woodward in February, 2020), causing more disease and deaths in America than any other nation in the worlds
    - Hundreds of contractors, customers and employees have accused him of stealing from them or refusing to pay them (or both), as have members of his own family
    - He reaches out to Jesus’s followers and then directs them toward bigotry, violence and hatred
    - Throughout his presidency, he lied over 30,000 times
    - He pit Americans against each other by race, religion and region in an effort to tear our country apart and thus weaken opposition to his authoritarian rule
    - He openly encouraged violence against unarmed people at multiple rallies and encourage state violence at a speech to chiefs of police
    - He tried to overthrow and end our democracy

This is the only place in the Bible where Jesus explicitly tells his disciples what acts they must perform, in their entirety, to get into heaven. Feed the hungry, care for refugees, house and clothe the homeless, heal the sick, have compassion on those in prison. That’s it.

And it’s a list that is quite literally the opposite of everything that Donald Trump advocates, stands for, and has done in his career.

While biblical scholars are split about who the actual “Beast” was that John referenced in his Revelation, many consider it to have been a politically-necessary cloaking of the identity of Roman Emperor Nero. It was clearly a political figure, who represented the antithesis of the values and works Jesus laid out in the Sermon on the Mount and in Matthew 25.

A leader whose actions unleashed “a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.”

Caller after caller yesterday offered their own proofs of Trump being the Beast or the Antichrist:

- “MAGA” means “magic” or “sorcerer” in Latin and multiple other languages
    - His grandfather’s name when he emigrated to America to start a whorehouse in the Pacific Northwest was “Drumpf,” which he changed to Trump. John in German is “Johann.” Therefore, his “actual” name is Donald Johann Drumpf — each name having six letters. (Weirdly, the same is true of Ronald Wilson Reagan.)
    - He armed the Saudis for their merciless bombing war against Yemen which has five million people facing famine as the Saudi military blocks food arrivals.
    - His family owns 666 Fifth Avenue.
    - He fooled millions of evangelical followers of Jesus, just as the Beast was supposed to do.
    - He put his own red-hat MAGA mark on their foreheads.
    - He consorts with “whores” and criminals.

It was an interesting exercise and conversation, and I was surprised by how many people are actually religiously freaked out about Trump.

But for me, all the proof I need that Trump, if not the biblical Antichrist, is at least a political one, is what he says and does.

His “fruits” tell us all we need to know about who he really is.
    Where Christian evangelicals worship Trump more than Jesus – key voters stay loyal to president
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-2020-election
    Gerber now has some regrets about his vote but what really disturbs him is an unquestioning and even aggressive adulation for Trump within his flock.

“It seems like there are many evangelical Christians that are willing to die on the hill of supporting the Republican president, supporting Donald J Trump. And to me, that hill is not worth dying on. No matter who the candidate is, no matter who the individual is,” he said. “To put all your hope into that individual is a dangerous road. Scripture would warn us against that.”
    “There is such a defence of the current president by many evangelical Christians to the point of, even as a pastor, if I were to criticise and say, boy, I just didn’t like something, people would get very upset about that.”
    “If I had the opportunity again, I may vote differently. I would perhaps vote for someone who’s not part of the major two parties. I would feel that my conscience would feel maybe a little bit cleaner had I gone that route,” he said.
    The former president’s son told a crowd that the teachings of Jesus have “gotten us nothing.”
    https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...ump-jr/621122/
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Trump never once mentioned DeSantis in any of this pretend feud, so I have been wondering who is behind it and why. I think Trump is ready to endorse a DeSantis/Eric Trump ticket. That would kick ass.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12