Thread: Fury - ous

Exclamation Fury - ous

@acptulsa

OK, I've had enough of yer bitchin about my F series trucks.

I reached out to this guy and may be buying this 1965 - 383 cid Fury Wagon off him.

“Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Love the dash, though it's hard to sneak in a tach. They handle very well. Late 1970s front discs will fit, swap the knuckles (either fits either ball joints). There is a Seville rear disc kit. 1974-'75 Imperial master cylinders will work them. A rear sway bar and you're modern as the hour. That and modern P265 50R17s.

Third seat but no rear air. Sorry. Not that you need it up there. The console isn't original to the wagon, but vintage Chrysler factory engineered.

Get it built, rewire it, do subframe connectors. There's a lot of rubber in it, and it should all be replaced. After that, as long as that old drive line lasts it'll be useful, and comfortable. And it'll surprise you with its excellent road manners and emergency reserve.

Remember, the biggest improvements made to handling in the last sixty years were better and better tires.

Of course, I'm only halfway through this vid...
    Last edited by acptulsa; 12-11-2021 at 12:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

My parents had a '67 Dodge Coronet station wagon that I first learned to drive. I was just commenting yesterday about how the manual 4 wheel drums stopped the car very adequately.

I've always considered buying an old boat and using an overdrive transmission and an aftermarket fuel injection and ignition with it.

Theoretically, the fuel mileage shouldn't be that bad and should be very reliable.

I know you're a man of the sea. If you're hoping for full Buick ocean motion, this torsion bar Mopar will disappoint you. It's smooth enough, and hard to bottom out. But when the bump is past, it readjusts the ride height and it's over. No riding the waves for days.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    My parents had a '67 Dodge Coronet station wagon that I first learned to drive. I was just commenting yesterday about how the manual 4 wheel drums stopped the car very adequately.

I've always considered buying an old boat and using an overdrive transmission and an aftermarket fuel injection and ignition with it.

Theoretically, the fuel mileage shouldn't be that bad and should be very reliable.
    The "Magnum" generation of mid-1990s Dodge truck engines, the 5.2 (318) and 5.9 (360), have all that. They have computer-designed third generation heads on the old bulletproof block, and are a relatively simple conversion. Get the hydraulic torqueflite with the electric overdrive.

Please get at minimum late 70s B body (Chrysler Cordoba, for one) front power disc brakes installed before towing. I like you.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 12-11-2021 at 12:27 PM.

Sweet ride

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows