Thread: J&J COVID vaccine is not like older vaccines

J&J COVID vaccine is not like older vaccines

You learn something new every day.

Many people have said that they took the J&J COVID vaccine because it was an old-style, tried and true vaccine. That was a lie. The adenoviral vaccine technology has been used experimentally in labs for a long time, but never massively given to humans in previous vaccines. It was only approved for use in a human vaccine in 2019, under emergency circumstances for Ebola.

In other words, the J&J and other adenovirus vector vaccines are just about as experimental as the mRNA vaccines. And both work in the same way, instructing your cells to produce the COVID spike protein.

Marshall: So these have been termed: the tried and true vaccine mechanism, when it comes to COVID. Specifically compared to the mRNA vaccines, what vaccines currently use this or employ this technology?

Griffin: I think that is interesting. We definitely have a lot of people and they say, "yeah, all these mRNAs, when's the normal coming? I want the normal vaccine." I think there's a couple of things when people say they want the normal vaccine.

One is they, I think they're thinking of something like the J&J. I just want to get one shot and then be done.

Marshall: One and done. Exactly.

Griffin: One and done exactly. I'm sure that will be part of their marketing campaign. They also want a vaccine that: I want a vaccine that like hundreds of thousands of people have gotten this technology. I don't want to be one of the first people.

And that's where the adenoviral vaccines come in. We've been working with these really since the 1970s. We've been studying, working with these. So not just two decades, but I guess we're going to say 50 years, five decades.

This was the technology that was used when they had issues with Ebola, right, in West Africa. They were very able to quickly get a couple of these up and running. Two Ebola vaccines were actually engineered using the viral vector technology, and were used in a couple hundred thousand people in the outbreaks in West Africa and the Democratic Republic of Congo.

So yeah, in many ways this is technology that hundreds of thousands of people have used. We have a side effect profile. We have safety profile data. And now with AstraZeneca and J&J we have a couple of COVID vaccines with really good, good data as well as really impressive safety profiles.

Marshall: Now, this is interesting, Dr. Griffin, because you mentioned that the research goes back five decades, but you only really mentioned the Ebola vaccine. Is that the only vaccine that currently exists because that's only a couple of years old?

Griffin: Yeah.
    The challenge with vaccine technology has often been the market for our newer ideas. Right. You know, we do the flu vaccine, a number of the childhood vaccines. But we really have a price point for vaccines being: "Oh, it's only going to cost a few dollars."

I don't think we've appreciated until this current pandemic, how valuable it can be to spending money on vaccines and getting new technologies out there. We've been working with these viral vectors for decades now. But it wasn't until we had issues like Zika, RSV, malaria. And then as I mentioned, the Ebola outbreaks, where we really took these viral vectors and really got them out there to hundreds of thousands of people.
    https://www.medpagetoday.com/podcasts/trackthevax/91323
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Sorry to hear that. I finally had to get a jab or be terminated. I chose J&J as it is only one jab and not a mRNA, more of a traditional “vaccine.” Although risks of blood clotting…
    Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the only thing traditional about the J&J vaccine is that it is one shot instead of two. “One and done” was a clever marketing scheme.

That being said, the J&J vaccine seems to be more effective than the mRNA vaccines.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.