Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jesse Benton with Trump now!

Jesse Benton with Trump now!

A pro-Donald Trump super PAC has tapped Jesse Benton, a veteran Republican operative with ties to Rand Paul and Mitch McConnell, to serve as its chief strategist.

The move is the latest indication that the super PAC, dubbed Great America PAC, is developing into a serious organization — one looking to buttress Trump in the final stretch of the Republican primary and, potentially, the general election.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...per-pac-220596

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...per-pac-220596

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Misleading. Should read a trump supporting super pack hired benton. Knowing benton, it's a fraud designed to siphon off money from trump support - trump is self financing right now.

Lol, maybe there is an opening for Matt too.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Well Well, being that Trump was part of the PTB that took Ron down in iowa I wonder who Benton was working for all along......
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

A newly formed political action committee is using Donald Trump's name and trademarked slogan—"Make America Great Again"—in an unusual fundraising ploy. The group, the Great America PAC, has no connection to the Trump campaign, but it has been blasting out emails soliciting donations that it claims will be channeled directly to Team Trump. In a recent email, the PAC implored donors to help "build a grassroots wall of support around Donald Trump by chipping in at least $5 to have your name placed on his official FEC report by signing the 'I Support Donald Trump' petition." On the PAC's website, donors are asked to donate between $5 and $1,000.

The website notes that the first $5 of each donation will be sent to the Trump campaign. And Dan Backer, the group's treasurer, tells Mother Jones that this money is indeed "earmarked" for Trump. What happens to the rest of the money, for any donations greater than $5, is not clear. The email does promise to use money the group raises to build a vaguely described grassroots operation that will help support Trump. But there's no telling how much of the money gathered by this Trumpy PAC will directly fund pro-Trump activities.

The fundraising email is signed by Amy Kremer, a former chairman of the Tea Party Express. Kremer did not respond to a request for comment.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...c-donald-trump
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Even if there isn't, we can safely expect him to be a Trump supporter now.

"I think Jesse is one of the best political minds in the country," said Doug Wead, who also worked for the Pauls. "He understands the cross-section of the insurgent outsider and the political establishment."

Chris LaCivita, another former top Paul aide and past National Republican Senatorial Committee political director, told Politico Benton is a "consummate professional and a damn good political operative."

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/pro-.../11/id/718585/

I would say that all the past Paul supporters that are jumping on the Trump bandwagon are the biggest contributing factor to the pauls losses.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oh, my, this is just too rich. Bwahahaha.

A newly formed political action committee is using Donald Trump's name and trademarked slogan—"Make America Great Again"—in an unusual fundraising ploy. The group, the Great America PAC, has no connection to the Trump campaign, but it has been blasting out emails soliciting donations that it claims will be channeled directly to Team Trump. http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...c-donald-trump
    fraud. someone should notify trump, it's our chance to get benton.

Hiring Collinz would help solve their genius deficiency.

Well perhaps he can do for Trump what he did for the Paul's. Glass half full?

Why does Trump need a Super PAC? Isn't he self-funding his campaign with his vast and Great wealth?
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    Why does Trump need a Super PAC? Isn't he self-funding his campaign with his vast and Great wealth?
    He just put up some of the front money; these donations will ultimately go toward paying himself back.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Turns out Mexico is going to pay for his campaign.

There goes his campaign.
    The Voluntary Exchange Podcast

Twitter

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain"

"I want to be President, not because I want to run your lives. I don't want to run the economy, and I don't want to run the world. I want to be President to restore liberty."

"The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft"

"My name is George. I'm unemployed and live with my parents."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Anyone dumb enough to donate to a billionaire deserves to have their money taken.
    The Voluntary Exchange Podcast

Twitter

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain"

"I want to be President, not because I want to run your lives. I don't want to run the economy, and I don't want to run the world. I want to be President to restore liberty."

"The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft"

"My name is George. I'm unemployed and live with my parents."

Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    I would say that all the past Paul supporters that are jumping on the Trump bandwagon are the biggest contributing factor to the pauls losses.
    Lew Rockwell and Justin Raimondo?? The President doesn't have much control over domestic policy. It's foreign policy where the President has the most power!! Trump and Sanders are the only ones running who don't want to get the country into another shooting war in the Middle East or start another cold war with Russia. Neoconservatives hate Trump and I suspect that's why libertarians like Rockwell, Raimondo and others like him.

Plus he is serious about immigration which I consider one of the biggest threats to liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by William R View Post
    Lew Rockwell and Justin Raimondo?? The President doesn't have much control over domestic policy. It's foreign policy where the President has the most power!! Trump and Sanders are the only ones running who don't want to get the country into another shooting war in the Middle East or start another cold war with Russia. Neoconservatives hate Trump and I suspect that's why libertarians like Rockwell, Raimondo and others like him.

Plus he is serious about immigration which I consider one of the biggest threats to liberty.
    Ummm, you did hear Trump say that he was going to send 30k troops to combat ISIS, no? But, I suppose there won't be any shooting involved with that so perhaps you are right.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Ummm, you did hear Trump say that he was going to send 30k troops to combat ISIS, no? But, I suppose there won't be any shooting involved with that so perhaps you are right.

In the heat of a debate.

In the heat of a debate.
    Oh, my, the pressure. It's a good thing the POTUS gets a nappy-nap in a safe space before deciding what to do when a call comes in from an over-run embassy at zero-dark thirty.

In the heat of a debate.
    Good point.

As president he won't ever face high-pressure situations where he will have to make a decision quickly and face the consequences of it.

“I think Jesse is one of the best political minds in the country,” said Doug Wead, who previously worked for Sen. Paul, and his father, former Rep. Ron Paul. “He understands the cross-section of the insurgent outsider and the political establishment.”
    Wonder if Ron Paul will be making any comments on these cash motivated moves.
    Last edited by timosman; 03-11-2016 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    Good point.

As president he won't ever face high-pressure situations where he will have to make a decision quickly and face the consequences of it.
    When was the last time a president had to make a decision quickly?
    Should I go to a restroom now or after the speech?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is great news.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    When was the last time a president had to make a decision quickly?
    Should I go to a restroom now or after the speech?
    Responding to Katrina, killing Bin Ladin, giving the order to shoot down civilian aircraft on 9/11, deciding to stand down at Bundy Ranch (who thinks Trump would have made that call btw?). I'm sure there are lots of others.

giving the order to shoot down civilian aircraft on 9/11

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    I believe it was actually Cheney who gave that order. But I don't really see your point.

Are you one of these people who thinks all the real power belongs to some mysterious TPTB, so there's no risk of the president himself actually making any wrong decisions?

Benton got a job. Good for him.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I believe it was actually Cheney who gave that order. But I don't really see your point.

Are you one of these people who thinks all the real power belongs to some mysterious TPTB, so there's no risk of the president himself actually making any wrong decisions?
    The point is the president does not really make split second decisions on his own. All of the other examples you gave had days of lead time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic