Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are you scared of Brown Recluse and Black Widow spiders?

As plumber/electrician I've shaken off many a brown recluse bite. Bentonite is your friend.

Never been bit by a widow spider.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    It's open to the outside so mothballs and bombs won't work. So now I just have to not stick my fingers anywhere I can't see anymore. Which is most of the shop.
    I suggest a 7 day shock with O3. Canvass doors and windows to tent the space. At the end of the week NOTHING will be alive in your shop.

Foreverozone $100 at amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Foreverozone-S...keywords=ozone
    Last edited by presence; 03-09-2016 at 08:21 AM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Just a bit, actually it's more respect, before I squish them.

I found something worse than a Brown Recluse and a Black Widow spider!

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    As plumber/electrician I've shaken off many a brown recluse bite. Bentonite is your friend.
    Huh. So will regular potter's clay work? I have a tub of Hawthorne actually in the shop.

This link says activated charcoal for the first few hours, then bentonite.
    http://healthwyze.org/reports/232-na...e-spider-bites

How did you go about treating your bites, exactly?
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    How did you go about treating your bites, exactly?
    you're realize its not a mosquito bite when you scratch it and it feels wet.

I've never tried other clays. I read bentonite works and it does; it has antibacterial qualities.

Nice stuff to have on hand... also good for k9 "hot spots". Is like $5 for a pint on amazon. I've had my pint for 5 years.

I just powder the bite... then cover with a bandaid; repeat 3 or 4 times daily until its gone. Dry is the magic.

sometimes you get the sense you need to squeeze it or peel off the scab... do so... then go back to the powder routine; puss out powder on.

Usually 3 or 4 days and you're back to normal.

If you wait 3 or 4 days and do nothing you can have quite the wound with a tendency towards needing antibiotics.
    Last edited by presence; 03-09-2016 at 10:23 AM.

Another picture of it boarding a private jet...

Quote Originally Posted by rg17 View Post
    How bad was the bite?
    Caught it pretty early and my doc sorted me out, so it didn't get too bad. Got pretty lucky.
    Radical in the sense of being in total, root-and-branch opposition to the existing political system and to the State itself. Radical in the sense of having integrated intellectual opposition to the State with a gut hatred of its pervasive and organized system of crime and injustice. Radical in the sense of a deep commitment to the spirit of liberty and anti-statism that integrates reason and emotion, heart and soul. - M. Rothbard

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    What? I'm not scary. I rarely bite hard and I obey safe words.
    I'd be scared because this is what I imagine it would be like dating you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mung6VH30Bg

Quote Originally Posted by farreri View Post
    I'd be scared because this is what I imagine it would be like dating you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mung6VH30Bg

No way. I'm nice and cuddly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.

No way. I'm nice and cuddly.
    OK, Suzteddybear.

Quote Originally Posted by farreri View Post
    OK, Suzteddybear.
    Except, I'm furrier.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Except, I'm furrier.
    I'm afraid to ask!

Except, I'm furrier.
    I assume, in the right places
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

Quote Originally Posted by francisco View Post
    I assume, in the right places
    Depends.

Depends.
    That's the tag line from a different joke:

Q: What does a 90 year-old man smell like?

A: Depends
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

A quick google search of the wounds they inflict will answer this question.

WARNING: Graphic Content (Its really gross)

Yay! I finally found an excuse to use the new HIDE tags!
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    WARNING: Graphic Content (Its really gross)
    I just can't imagine one getting like that with pascalite treatment. What is unfortunate is you'll never find it in a box store or get a scrip from a "doctor".

Spiders creep me out. Even the tiny ones. I'm an electrician, but mostly industrial. However I do still regularly get exposed to spiders and I can't stand them. I put on my big boy mask and truck right through them, the work has to get done, but I get out as fast as I can.

Snakes don't bother me at all.
    No - No - No - No

I'm an electrician, but mostly industrial. However I do still regularly get exposed to spiders.
    I mostly find myself twisting copper in damp stacked stone basements of 100 year old farm houses where step one is sword play with a web stick.

ma'am before I put my fingers in that box to fetch that rattlesnake skin from behind that rat nest of wires you have there, I'll have to, at the very least, put a fresh 4x4 sheet of osb on the ceiling above the panel and the other half in the puddle on the floor below it

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    I mostly find myself twisting copper in damp stacked stone basements of 100 year old farm houses where step one is sword play with a web stick.

ma'am before I put my fingers in that box to fetch that rattlesnake skin from behind that rat nest of wires you have there, I'll have to, at the very least, put a fresh 4x4 sheet of osb on the ceiling above the panel and the other half in the puddle on the floor below it

I feel your pain..
    No - No - No - No

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12