Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to demonize a movement

How to demonize a movement

I've been loosely keeping up with kaepernick. It's amazing how they have been demonizing him.

Title of the story.
    "Quarterback coincidentally defends wearing Castro t-shirt HOURS before Cuban dictator's death is announced"

he defended it because of MALCOLM X, NOT Castro

"The quarterback first pointed out that Malcolm X was also pictured on his t-shirt, saying he was a believer in Malcolm X's ideology and fighting oppression."

And the only time he "defended" Castro, he was "pressed" into it. And when he answered, he was right and bashed our broken system.

"When the reporter, who hasn't been named, pressed Kaepernick specifically on Castro's history of oppression, he replied: 'One thing that Fidel Castro did do is they have the highest literacy rate because they invest more in their education system than they do in their prison system, which we do not do here, even though we're fully capable of doing that."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4R7nxnQS4
    Last edited by scm; 11-26-2016 at 08:34 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He's right that brainwashing is easier and cheaper that rehabilitation

'One thing that Fidel Castro did do is they have the highest literacy rate because they invest more in their education system than they do in their prison system, which we do not do here, even though we're fully capable of doing that.
    False.

Not saying we are not getting a lousy return on both, we are, but Kap need to get his facts straight.

Total expenditures for public elementary and secondary schools in the United States amounted to $620 billion in 2012–13, or $12,296 per public school student enrolled in the fall (in constant 2014–15 dollars, based on the Consumer Price Index).
    The majority (57 percent) of the (prison) funds were spent by state governments, while the remaining 33 percent came from local governments. The report's total of $80 billion is in 2010 dollars, which is $87 billion in today's dollars.
    Search is your friend.

That "education" spending is the highest in the world by the way.

I'll just drop this Cold War humor here:

An American and Soviet were discussing the merits of their political systems.

The American says, I live in a great country. I can stand in front of the White House and scream the President is a traitor and nothing will happen to me.

The Soviet says, that is nothing. I can stand in the middle of Red Square and scream the President of the United States is a traitor and nothing will happen to me either.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Pericles View Post
    I'll just drop this Cold War humor here:

An American and Soviet were discussing the merits of their political systems.

The American says, I live in a great country. I can stand in front of the White House and scream the President is a traitor and nothing will happen to me.

The Soviet says, that is nothing. I can stand in the middle of Red Square and scream the President of the United States is a traitor and nothing will happen to me either.

Those may have been good ol days, post Cold War humor has different punch lines.

Jeremiah Wright claims Obama ally offered $150,000 bribe ...
    May 13, 2012 - According to Wright, Obama met personally with his then-pastor to ask him ... Wright $150,000 to stay silent during Obama's 2008 presidential ...

KUHNER: Jeremiah Wright can sink Obama
    The Washington Times
    May 17, 2012 - Jeremiah Wright threatens to engulf President Obama in a major scandal - one ... President's former pastor telling story of betrayal and bribery ... claims that in 2008, the Obama campaign offered $150,000 to buy his silence.

Rev. Jeremiah Wright Daughter Indicted for Alleged Money ...
    abcnews.go.com
    Apr 11, 2013

Rev. Wright's Daughter Headed To Prison
    dailycaller.com/.../chickens-coming-home-to-roost-rev-...The Daily Caller
    Feb 23, 2015 - Jeri Wright, the 48-year-old daughter of President Barack Obama's mentor and former pastor Jeremiah Wright, is heading to jail.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Those may have been good ol days, post Cold War humor has different punch lines.

Excuse me comrade, but is this the line where they have no oranges?

No comrade, this is the line where they have no bananas.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    False.

Not saying we are not getting a lousy return on both, we are, but Kap need to get his facts straight.

Search is your friend.

If you look at it per inmate, it's a bit different:

"The United States has about 5 percent of the world's population, but we have 25 percent of the world's prisoners - we incarcerate a greater percentage of our population than any country on Earth," said Michael Jacobson, director of the non-partisan Vera Institute of Justice. He also ran New York City's jail and probation systems in the 1990s.

A report by the organization, "The Price of Prisons," states that the cost of incarcerating one inmate in Fiscal 2010 was $31,307 per year. "In states like Connecticut, Washington state, New York, it's anywhere from $50,000 to $60,000," he said.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-cost...incarceration/

The fee to cover the average cost of incarceration for Federal inmates in Fiscal Year 2014 was $30,619.85 ($83.89 per day). (Please note: There were 365 days in FY 2014.) The average annual cost to confine an inmate in a Residential Re-entry Center for Fiscal Year 2014 was $28,999.25 ($79.45 per day).Mar 7, 2015

Annual Determination of Average Cost of Incarceration
    https://www.federalregister.gov/.../...f-incarceratio...
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by scm View Post
    I've been loosely keeping up with kaepernick. It's amazing how they have been demonizing him.
    Demonizing? I thought from day one no one should take this guy seriously after wearing a Castro shirt. Malcolm X isn't much better. The amazing thing is that they are just now ripping him to shreds over this. This is infinitely worse than any perceived racism on the right. I would have banned Kaepernick in August permanently from the NFL for wearing a Castro shirt. It is the moral equivalent to being skinhead and should be treated as such.

Every single person in Cuba is slave. It is one thing to talk about the faults of the US and compare taxation to slavery. Actual slavery is where you can't own property and flourish as a human, where you get put in jail and beaten for any dissent.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post

Every single person in Cuba is slave. It is one thing to talk about the faults of the US and compare taxation to slavery. Actual slavery is where you can't own property and flourish as a human, where you get put in jail and beaten for any dissent.
    Do you ever really own your property if your are forced to pay taxes on it?

If I dessent and refuse to pay will I be beaten and raped in prison for trying to keep the property in question?

Quote Originally Posted by The Northbreather View Post
    Do you ever really own your property if your are forced to pay taxes on it?
    Yes.

No. If you have to pay to stay you are renting. You might have the right of first refusal to go on renting, and rent in perpetuity. But you're still renting.

Quote Originally Posted by BV2 View Post
    No. If you have to pay to stay you are renting. You might have the right of first refusal to go on renting, and rent in perpetuity. But you're still renting.
    Can you sell things you rent? No. Can you sell property you own and make a profit? Yes. Can you pass property you rent after you die? No Can you pass property you own after you die? Yes

Can you sell things you rent?
    You most likely could unless their was an agreement stating otherwise. Generally unless stated otherwise renting implies ownership for a contracted time frame. You could easily sell a contracted time frame of ownership, you just couldn't sell something you don't own, the ownership after the rental agreement has ended.

Demonizing? I thought from day one no one should take this guy seriously after wearing a Castro shirt. Malcolm X isn't much better. The amazing thing is that they are just now ripping him to shreds over this. This is infinitely worse than any perceived racism on the right. I would have banned Kaepernick in August permanently from the NFL for wearing a Castro shirt. It is the moral equivalent to being skinhead and should be treated as such.

You obviously don't get it. The point of him wearing the shirt was BECAUSE Malcolm X, FACED oppression, probably with hopes of changing it (that's what he did) The MSM said he (kaepernick) was promoting Castro. HE WASN'T. BUT YOU FELL FOR IT.

His whole point was that X "faced" oppression head on. HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH CASTRO IN A GOOD SENCE. understand now?
    Last edited by scm; 11-26-2016 at 07:40 PM.

You obviously don't get it. The point of him wearing the shirt was BECAUSE Malcolm X, FACED oppression, probably with hopes of changing it (that's what he did) The MSM said he (kaepernick) was promoting Castro. HE WASN'T. BUT YOU FELL FOR IT.

His whole point was that X "faced" oppression head on. HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH CASTRO IN A GOOD SENCE. understand now?
    Totally, the designer of that T-shirt had exactly that in mind, he was so clever to hide it. But Kaepernick figured it out, even if no one else did.

Yes, a public figure wearing a image of someone at a press conference means nothing...
    Last edited by Danke; 11-26-2016 at 09:04 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I didn't fall for anything. The media hardly reported on him wearing a Castro shirt when it happened. There was very little outrage. I was outraged though right when it happened. Wearing a shirt with Castro is never okay. Wearing a Che shirt to make a serious point about injustice is never okay. He did indeed praise Castro this week. For some reason, I don't think neo-Nazi NFL player would get an outpouring of support and I suspect he would be booted from the league.

As far as Malcolm X, he was a Marxist. I don't respect Marxists or Marxist sympathizers. If an NFL player were a neo-Nazi and did a press conference with a shaved head and wore a Charles Lindbergh meeting Hitler shirt and he complained about violent minorities while citing the KKK as a group that is raising awareness about the issue, that would be a perfectly analogous comparison to Kaepernick and his Malcolm X/Castro/Black Lives Matter sympathies.
    Last edited by Krugminator2; 11-26-2016 at 08:36 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes.
    Bull$#@!

Can you sell things you rent? No. Can you sell property you own and make a profit? Yes. Can you pass property you rent after you die? No Can you pass property you own after you die? Yes
    Can I use my entire life to pay off a property legally bought?

Yes

Can I then stop paying the man and live off my land?

No

That doesnt indicate ownership rather a different rental agreement. Would you say I own a lawnmower that I could sell, but had to pay a guy monthly to use. Of course the guy wouldnt be worried about the sale, so long as the new owner paid the rent. You dont sell your property, you sell someone else the right to rent it.

To bring it back to the op: most of the work done to demonize a movement is in the form of prepropaganda. That is encouragong a psychology in its subjects (everyone exposed) that will react with contempt to certain ideas reflexively. Ie "Ron Paul?" "I really like him, but he is unelectable/a racist." How many times I had that conversation.
    Last edited by BV2; 11-26-2016 at 10:47 PM.

I didn't fall for anything. The media hardly reported on him wearing a Castro shirt when it happened. There was very little outrage. I was outraged though right when it happened. Wearing a shirt with Castro is never okay. Wearing a Che shirt to make a serious point about injustice is never okay. He did indeed praise Castro this week. For some reason, I don't think neo-Nazi NFL player would get an outpouring of support and I suspect he would be booted from the league.

As far as Malcolm X, he was a Marxist. I don't respect Marxists or Marxist sympathizers. If an NFL player were a neo-Nazi and did a press conference with a shaved head and wore a Charles Lindbergh meeting Hitler shirt and he complained about violent minorities while citing the KKK as a group that is raising awareness about the issue, that would be a perfectly analogous comparison to Kaepernick and his Malcolm X/Castro/Black Lives Matter sympathies.
    Again wrong, he didn't "praise" Castro. Please turn of CNN. They are the absolute worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Yes, a public figure wearing a image of someone at a press conference means nothing...
    What message do you think designer was trying to send with that shirt? It's the message The wearer is trying to send, not the face value of the shirt, that matters. Unless your CNN or some othe $#@!ty MSM station that has an agenda, then it's whatever you say it is. Some douchbags here keep saying, THUMP says one thing but means another. Apply that BS Logic here and come up with more real reality.
    Last edited by scm; 11-27-2016 at 06:06 AM.

Again wrong, he didn't "praise" Castro. Please turn of CNN. They are the absolute worst.
    Unrepentant hypocrite Colin Kaepernick defends Fidel Castro

A must read for those that want to get enlightened on the Kaepernick, Castro, and Cuban reporter incident.
    Rand Paul for Peace

How to demonize a movement
    Seems like they are demonizing a single guy in this incident.

What "movement" is being demonized? Black Islamic Marxism? That's basically what Kaepernick has gotten involved in.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by LatinsforPaul View Post
    Unrepentant hypocrite Colin Kaepernick defends Fidel Castro

A must read for those that want to get enlightened on the Kaepernick, Castro, and Cuban reporter incident.
    I am a believer in Malcolm X and his ideology and what he talked about and what he believed in as far as fighting oppression,” Kaepernick said.
    That, by the way, does not answer the question. Kaepernick is evading as if my question is an NFL linebacker on a blitz. So I interrupt. ...

Are you a believer in Fidel Castro, who is also on that shirt?
    “If you let me finish, please,” Kaepernick requested. “The fact he [Malcolm X] met with Fidel to me speaks to his open mind to be willing to hear different aspects of people’s views and ultimately being able to create his own views as far as the best way to approach different situations, different cultures.

So it’s good to have an open mind about Fidel Castro and his oppression, I ask?
    I’m not talking about Fidel Castro and his oppression,” Kaepernick said. “I’m talking about Malcolm X and what he’s done for people".

i fail to see just where he is praising Castro in this story too. Sounds like a reporter has an agenda to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Seems like they are demonizing a single guy in this incident.

What "movement" is being demonized? Black Islamic Marxism? That's basically what Kaepernick has gotten involved in.
    When you do something and others follow suit, that is a movement. That is happening in the NFL.
    The first time he knelt, he was doing it for oppression of ALL people. NOT "Black Islamic Marxism" Again. Your blabbing MSM BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    False.

Search is your friend.

So, $12,296 per student, and approx $50,000 per prisoner, using your numbers (there were just over 1.6 million prisoners in the US at that time).

I'll give him a half point on this one. More per prisoner than per student.
    The more prohibitions you have,
    the less virtuous people will be.
    The more weapons you have,
    the less secure people will be.
    The more subsidies you have,
    the less self-reliant people will be.

Therefore the Master says:
    I let go of the law,
    and people become honest.
    I let go of economics,
    and people become prosperous.
    I let go of religion,
    and people become serene.
    I let go of all desire for the common good,
    and the good becomes common as grass.

-Tao Te Ching, Section 57

When you do something and others follow suit, that is a movement. That is happening in the NFL.
    The first time he knelt, he was doing it for oppression of ALL people. NOT "Black Islamic Marxism" Again. Your blabbing MSM BS.
    No, I have read Kaepernick's Twitter, even before the kneel-down. He got a new girlfriend, she converted him.

The MSM were the people who tried to say he was simply a BLM supporter. It helped their Hillary agenda at the time. Useful idiot ain't useful anymore to them. "Castro bad" is today's talking point.

The establishment communists/socialists are very picky about which communists are good and bad. You need a scorecard. Kaepernick went with the wrong commies. Here's a starter guide:

Marx - good.
    Lenin - good.
    Trotsky - good.
    Che Guevara - good.
    Mao, Chinese - good.
    Vietnamese - good.
    Obama, Merkel - good.

Castro - bad.
    Stalin - bad.
    Malcom X - bad.
    Louis Farrakhan - bad.
    NK Kim dynasty - bad.
    Pol Pot - bad.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Lindbergh is my hero, I think I'll have this put on a T-shirt

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5478394_orig.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	52.0 KB 
ID:	5392
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Totally, the designer of that T-shirt had exactly that in mind, he was so clever to hide it. But Kaepernick figured it out, even if no one else did.

I do not get it , who would pay for a shirt with Castro on it ? Although , I bet Castro would think it is funny .
    Do something Danke

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast