Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trump Slams ABC for Reporting His Mistaken Statement that Dorian Could Affect Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    He made a false statement in the tweet provided in the OP. After he made that false statement, his own National Weather Service had to issue a statement saying the opposite of what he said. And then he still wouldn't admit that his statement, which was easily proven false, actually was false.

The only consolation I can see is that his own reputation for truthfulness is so nonexistent, that nobody in Alabama was liable to take him seriously.
    He was telling the truth

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    As usual, trumpeteers deny objective reality in order to continue worshiping their omniscient, perfectly moral deity

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    You're wrong.
    Oh sorry, I did not realize you were doing a Swordsmyth impression. My apologies.

He was telling the truth
    Source?

Fakenews.com
    Trump's tweet is right there in the OP. You don't deny that he really tweeted it. It clearly wan't true when he said it. But you claim it was true. What's your reason for believing that?

Aside from the fact that it's Trump, so it must be true.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Trump's tweet is right there in the OP. You don't deny that he really tweeted it. It clearly wan't true when he said it. But you claim it was true. What's your reason for believing that?

Aside from the fact that it's Trump, so it must be true.
    Hurricane Dorian was an inside job

Hurricane Dorian was an inside job
    Gotcha.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Three more tweets about Alabama and none about any damage to places actually being hit by the storm. He is more concerned about being seen as being wrong.

Meh. To be honest, I couldn't have cared less when Obama mentioned 57 states. Gaffs, mistakes, etc. happen. Trump seems to get a weird charge from keeping these silly stories in the news. Yes he's a weirdo, bit the way the media obsesses over his obvious trolls is even weirder, entertaining but weirder.

Quote Originally Posted by trump-troll-tweet
    Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart. Crooked Hillary Clinton also played these cards very hard and, as everyone knows, went down in flames. I went from VERY successful businessman, to top T.V. Star.........to President of the United States (on my first try). I think that would qualify as not smart, but genius....and a very stable genius at that!

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Meh. To be honest, I couldn't have cared less when Obama mentioned 57 states. Gaffs, mistakes, etc. happen. Trump seems to get a weird charge from keeping these silly stories in the news. Yes he's a weirdo, bit the way the media obsesses over his obvious trolls is even weirder, entertaining but weirder.
    DJTvsg.

He plays them like a fiddle and they look petty and stupid.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Trump can never admit a mistake. Today he produced a map with added lines drawn with a marker trying to show that Dorian was headed for Alabama. The lines were not on the map released last week.
    You must be deluded in believing that the nyms here on RPF have the attention span of the general public. I contemporaneously posted the links to the spaghetti maps on the hurricane thread
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ricane-hit-FLt
    and specifically commented on the TCLP track going into Alabama on the Polish golfing thread.
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...s-golf-instead

Not that any of this really matters. The S/N ratio here at RPF has plummeted to near-MSM levels.

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Meh. To be honest, I couldn't have cared less when Obama mentioned 57 states. Gaffs, mistakes, etc. happen.[...]
    Not to defend Obama, but the "57 states" thing wasn't a gaffe or mistake. It was obviously intended as a wry comment on the rigors of multi-state campaigning.

Those who made it out to be something else just came off looking like the same kind of dim bulb they were trying to make Obama out to be.

Especially since there were plenty of other things (things far more important than a lame joke) that they could have reasonably criticized him for ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

I think I felt a few hurricane breezes here in Texas . Alabama certainly got hit harder than we did .
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Not to defend Obama, but the "57 states" thing wasn't a gaffe or mistake. It was obviously intended as a wry comment on the rigors of multi-state campaigning.

Those who made it out to be something else just came off looking like the same kind of dim bulb they were trying to make Obama out to be.

Especially since there were plenty of other things (things far more important than a lame joke) that they could have reasonably criticized him for ...
    Agreed.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Three more tweets about Alabama and none about any damage to places actually being hit by the storm. He is more concerned about being seen as being wrong.
    The media still seems more obsessed about this issue than Trump does. I guess that means the hurricane wasn't really all that.. except for in the Bahamas.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Everything gets turned into a fundraiser. You can also buy $15 plastic straws in response to some places calling for bans on them.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...arkers-1483644

Trump campaign is selling branded markers after Sharpie-gate

Donald Trump’s reelection campaign has added a Trump-branded permanent marker to its web store, capitalizing on the Sharpie-gate drama and expanding the campaign's culture war offerings that already include stick-it-to-the-liberals plastic straws.

The marker, announced on Twitter this morning by campaign manager Brad Parscale, is the latest effort by the campaign to amplify and then commodify what could have been a relatively minor controversy.

“Buy the official Trump marker, which is different than every other marker on the market, because this one has the special ability to drive @CNN and the rest of the fake news crazy!” Parscale tweeted.

It’s an apparent reference to the consternation that’s spread this week over Trump’s use of a Sharpie-altered weather map on Wednesday to back up his dubious claim that Alabama had been at dire risk of being hammered by Hurricane Dorian.

Beginning on Sunday, Trump has repeatedly insisted that the hurricane would threaten the state, despite being almost immediately contradicted by the National Weather Service and other meteorologists.

This is a familiar strategy from Parscale. In July, he griped on Twitter about a paper straw — marketed as an environmentally friendly alternative to plastic — getting soggy and useless in his sweet tea. And because environmentally friendly is often associated with liberal in the context of the culture wars, a $15 pack of Trump-branded plastic straws soon arrived on the campaign store.

The campaign sold hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of the red straws, it told RealClearPolitics.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy's-article
    Trump campaign is selling branded markers after Sharpie-gate
    "Sharpie-gate?" For Pete sake. Quit being crazy.

NOAA issued a statement on the subject.
    https://www.noaa.gov/news/statement-from-noaa

From Wednesday, August 28, through Monday, September 2, the information provided by NOAA and the National Hurricane Center to President Trump and the wider public demonstrated that tropical-storm-force winds from Hurricane Dorian could impact Alabama.
    This is clearly demonstrated in Hurricane Advisories #15 through #41, which can be viewed at the following*link.

The Birmingham National Weather Service’s Sunday morning tweet spoke in absolute terms that were inconsistent with probabilities from the best forecast products available at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    NOAA issued a statement on the subject.
    https://www.noaa.gov/news/statement-from-noaa
    So they made fun of him because he claimed it was going to be one hell of a storm, well it was. Now they make fun of him because it missed a state. Is anyone intelligent enough to even catch this ignorant brainwashing crap? I can't even believe the topic is being debated. Only the ignorant would keep falling for this crap and not rise above it in intelligence level. Very disheartening and very disturbing we have come to this.
    “The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world it leaves to its children.” ~ Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Well, I bet Normy "gets it". Funny poo.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Banned

Blog Entries
    Member when Stormy Daniels was the big story?

I member.

Very important.

Pay attention!

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post

(eta: or they're coding info into this sort of stuff, also a possibility. Alabama hurricane, buying Greenland, etc. Yeah codes. Anything but the alternative that this dude is a complete loon.)
    I have always thought Trump has been amazing on knowing how to play the media, he really is a reality tv star and used it to get to the white house and keep everyone ignoring the past by continual new crap. But lately his game has been drastically off. Maybe a few years of constant bonehead tweets are catching up, or maybe it's all a ploy to distract us about a hurricane while the white house claims Afghanistan has been a wild success. Although I'm thinking it's more along the lines of "babysitting a 4 year old"
    Last edited by kpitcher; 09-07-2019 at 02:01 AM.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I am positive obama could not identify states on a map , I dunno about trump, flip a coin . Trump would have seen some of these models showing alabama earlier. You ingrates should be glad your president is watching the weather for you and letting you know on twitter . That is a public servant .
    ^^^^^^

+rep

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

I dunno what to make of this thread anymore, so was he trying to reveal that everything is fake or was he right all along and wasn't trolling/triggering the media and zippy types?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast