Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Offical statement; I was wrong

Offical statement; I was wrong

Calling myself out.

I made a prediction that has turned out completely wrong.

I had predicted Jeb Bush. I admit my mistake..

and I hope Mr. Trump surprises me again and turns out to be actually not bad.

not holding by breath or anything
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I was wrong too. I had $50 on Hillary winning. I had $50 on her winning the primary too, so I'm even Steven.

I'm always even Steven though, so it should've been obvious she was going to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Calling myself out.

Please clap.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkBuddha View Post
    I was wrong too. I had $50 on Hillary winning. I had $50 on her winning the primary too, so I'm even Steven.

I'm always even Steven though, so it should've been obvious she was going to lose.
    I thought she would win too because of states like WI ,PA ,MI etc, so I was wrong , though I bet nothing . She had nothing to offer anyone and it looks like the sheep agreed except the usual suspects , CA , NY etc
    Do something Danke

I was wrong, too. I also thought Jeb! would be the nominee and I thought Clinton would win the general. I didn't bet anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

I also thought it would be Jeb! and Hillary with Hillary winning.

I'm not so lucky...lol. I'm out the same $50.00 on the general, but didn't bet on the primary.
    There is only one success -- to be able to spend your life in your own way.
    -- Christopher Morley (1890 - 1957)

Im visiting my brother in Denmark this winter but will be meeting him 1st in our favorite beer city, Brussels. We had a bet on the primaries and the general. I bet Clinton would win both. He bet Sanders and Trump would win them, respectively. So, for our two nights in Brussels, he will be buying the beer the 1st night, and I will the 2nd.
    The more prohibitions you have,
    the less virtuous people will be.
    The more weapons you have,
    the less secure people will be.
    The more subsidies you have,
    the less self-reliant people will be.

Therefore the Master says:
    I let go of the law,
    and people become honest.
    I let go of economics,
    and people become prosperous.
    I let go of religion,
    and people become serene.
    I let go of all desire for the common good,
    and the good becomes common as grass.

-Tao Te Ching, Section 57

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Considering that I've become a Drudge and InfoWars junkie, I was well aware at how mistaken/crooked the polling was, as well as the media collusion w/ Hillary inc. So, I was cautiously optimistic that Trump was going to win.

I watched the Brexit and this was almost a carbon copy of what happened there. I think the rest of Europe is going to flip in the near future for better or worse. European Establishment had an emergency meeting in Brussels about Trump's win. I think it had more to do with how they are realizing there is a tide of discontent among the people that they can not control.
    USE THIS SITE TO LINK ARTICLES FROM OLIGARCH MEDIA:http://archive.is/ STARVE THE BEAST.
    More Government = Less Freedom
    Communism never disappeared it only changed its name to Social Democrat
    Emotion and Logic mix like oil and water

Quote Originally Posted by seapilot View Post
    I watched the Brexit and this was almost a carbon copy of what happened there. I think the rest of Europe is going to flip in the near future for better or worse. European Establishment had an emergency meeting in Brussels about Trump's win. I think it had more to do with how they are realizing there is a tide of discontent among the people that they can not control.
    It makes it REALLY hard for me to believe that the globalists wanted Trump to win. Granted, there's still a lot of time for them to try to . . . influence him.

But man, EVERYONE had their bets placed on the Clinton horse. The media. The bankers. The EU.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

I posted a bunch of times that I thought the "enthusiasm" gap was the biggest in history and the polls may not be picking it up. But towards the end I figured the polls were so much in favor of Hillary that it wouldn't matter. Also I started watching the betting odds which gave Hillary an 84% of winning the day before the election.

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    I was wrong in both the primary and general.

But continually grow more cynical. I hope and pray this country turns out for the better than what I was planning for under a Hillary administration; I doubt it will (maybe slow a bit) but will NEVER call myself a Trump supporter.

Only time will tell what sort of presidency Trump will. Ring, but with his recent bend on the affordable care act, I doubt anything will be for the good except for a greater divide in the people created by (and expounded by) the MSM. People will hate the media right now, but like a crack addict, the thoughtless people will be needing some pundant to do the thinking for them.

My liberal colleagues in the land of higher education were crying to me Wednesday morning, I simply responded to them that the sun will come up tomorrow still and so now you just have to take care of your own. They didn't like that comment because I didn't give them some SJW "educated" response.

Quote Originally Posted by seapilot View Post
    This is, perhaps, one good result that may arise from Trump's victory. That it will help propel further exit initiatives from the EU. At least if Trump doesn't screw up too badly... or too quickly.
    There is only one success -- to be able to spend your life in your own way.
    -- Christopher Morley (1890 - 1957)

Quote Originally Posted by rprprs View Post
    At least if Trump doesn't screw up too badly... or too quickly.
    ^^ this

though Obama surprised me by not being as bad as McCain.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

My prediction was that this election would be about men age 50 and older. It was.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I thought he would have a Perry/deep dish like collapse in the primaries and thought he had no chance in the general either. I also hope the people here who supported him ate right about him.

Yep, so was I, wrong, wrong, wrong.

Fully admit it and apologize for my rants at everybody, including Mrs. AF. @donnay

I am admittedly pleased at dodging the SCROTUS bullet, and slapping down the $#@!ers at the EPA.

So I, like Pete, am cautiously optimistic.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 11-12-2016 at 02:53 PM.

I even had a shirt that said "Clinton/Bush 2016 because what difference does it make?" early on.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Optimistic is a stretch.

just not going all Chicken Little.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

I didn't bother with the primaries, but I called the general for Herr Trump (though voted and campaigned and hoped for Vermin Supreme).
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Optimistic is a stretch.

just not going all Chicken Little.
    Hah, understood.

Yep, so was I, wrong, wrong, wrong.

Fully admit it and apologize for my rants at everybody, including Mrs. AF. @donnay

I am admittedly pleased at dodging the SCROTUS bullet, and slapping down the $#@!ers at the EPA.

Quote Originally Posted by rprprs View Post
    This is, perhaps, one good result that may arise from Trump's victory. That it will help propel further exit initiatives from the EU. At least if Trump doesn't screw up too badly... or too quickly.
    EU?

Hah.

#CalExit
    #IlExit
    #NYExit

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Calling myself out.

Yeah, I think it's funny when people fight over prediction. For one, no one knows until it happens. Two, my predictions are usually cynical and I usually pray that I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Wish tweets would display properly...whatcha got?

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Yeah, I think it's funny when people fight over prediction. For one, no one knows until it happens. Two, my predictions are usually cynical and I usually pray that I am wrong.
    Yeah, that's me as well.

Hope for the Best - Expect the Worst.

Wish tweets would display properly...whatcha got?
    George Takei ✔ @GeorgeTakei
    Obama should tell the Senate they have 2 weeks to act on his nomination of Merrick for SCOTUS. If they waive their right he'll just appoint.
    3:18 PM - 10 Nov 2016

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Yeah, that's me as well.

Hope for the Best - Expect the Worst.

Yeah, that's me as well.

Hope for the Best - Expect prepare for the Worst.
    FIFY. That's why I've been saying stock the pantry. At this point Trump need not be assassinated with a bullet if he is the real deal. All they have to do is pull the plug on the dollar.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast