Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why all of the hair pulling and teeth gnashing if enough of your fellow Republicans want Trump

Why all of the hair pulling and teeth gnashing if enough of your fellow Republicans want Trump

Why all of the hair pulling and teeth gnashing if enough of your fellow Republicans want Trump?

Isn't that just exactly how the system is supposed to work?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Why all of the hair pulling and teeth gnashing if enough of your fellow Republicans want Trump?

Mostly it's the frustration and desolating, depressing realization that what Ron Paul said back in '08 and '12 --"Freedom is Popular" is not in fact true.
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

We are envious that Trump is able to do what we couldn't do in 2012, take over the party.

We've had to learn the hard truth that freedom actually isn't so popular, or at least not popular enough to challenge the corrupt establishment politicians that hold all the power.

The majority of the GOP does not want Trump.

3/4 RPF members do not support Trump.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

I have great respect for democratic electoral process and have even considered at times to startegically support Trump's rhetorical attacks on Bush's/neocons world view, but it is sometimes hard to ignore that Trump's rhetoric gets quite blunt, politically incorrect and even divisive lately. Can a POTUS with following temprament and lack of verbal filter be trusted to preserve current two party system and established traditions? That is bound to make many people nervous or even scared.

GOP establishment silent as Trump repeats "little Marco","lying Ted" slurs almost daily

Trump: "You won't see another black president for generations" because Obama was so bad

Donald Trump says Hillary Clinton was 'schlonged' to presidency by Barack Obama

Trump: Families Of Soldiers Killed In Iraq Should Sue NYT For WMD Reporting, US made Iraq mess

Trump declines to correct man who says Obama is Muslim

@Ronin Truth

For one thing, I'm not a Republican.

If your fellow Republicans had chosen Lindsey Graham, would you still be asking this question? Or would you understand that those pushing Lindsey are pushing someone on RPF who goes against everything we stand for?

If you understand the second paragraph, you should be able to understand how many of us feel about Donald Trump. His really bad, terrible, awful, tyrannical, authoritarian, qualities far outweigh anything positive anyone has said about him on this site.

Sure, it's amusing to see the GOP establishment squirm after all they did to black Ron out. But that's not a good reason to subject the country to 4 years of Donald Trump. And it's not a good reason to promote him here at RPF because he also goes against so very much that we stand for.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    We are envious that Trump is able to do what we couldn't do in 2012, take over the party.

We've had to learn the hard truth that freedom actually isn't so popular, or at least not popular enough to challenge the corrupt establishment politicians that hold all the power.
    In my opinion, Trump can be influenced. He didn't get where he is without listening and seeing a better way to do things. I think Trump will clean house. I would love to see the RNC replaced with liberty thinkers.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    @Ronin Truth

If your fellow Republicans had chosen Lindsey Graham, would you still be asking this question? Or would you understand that those pushing Lindsey are pushing someone on RPF who goes against everything we stand for?

If you understand the second paragraph, you should be able to understand how many of us feel about Donald Trump. His really bad, terrible, awful, tyrannical, authoritarian, qualities far outweigh anything positive anyone has said about him on this site.

Sure, it's amusing to see the GOP establishment squirm after all they did to black Ron out. But that's not a good reason to subject the country to 4 years of Donald Trump. And it's not a good reason to promote him here at RPF because he also goes against so very much that we stand for.
    Well said. I, too, am not a Republican; as an independent voter (since 1992), I find it weird that the assumption is that RPF goers are Republicans (Ronin wrote "your fellow Republicans"). As you say, it may be amusing to see Trump completely $#@!ing up the Republican Party, but not amusing enough to see the destruction he will cause in our country.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    The majority of the GOP does not want Trump.

3/4 RPF members do not support Trump.

Boy, you really are good at pushing your nonsense. Many of those "75%" flat out told you they weren't outright against him and might vote for him, they just said they weren't full on supporters or that they were still making up their minds, you only gave them two extreme options - Frank Luntz would be proud.

As for the GOP, they never want anyone 100% this early on, but they all come together after the primaries, man you guys are so desperate to paint this narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by francisco View Post
    Mostly it's the frustration and desolating, depressing realization that what Ron Paul said back in '08 and '12 --"Freedom is Popular" is not in fact true.
    No one clearly articulated it like Ron did.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    @Ronin Truth

I'm no Republican either. I was raised to be one. But have not been, since the early 1970's.

This thread title was aimed at the Republicans, here on the RPF.

If enough Republicans want Trump and vote for him, what's the problem(s)?

Enough votes for the GOP POTUS nomination, that is.
    Last edited by Ronin Truth; 03-20-2016 at 07:19 PM.

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by RJ Liberty View Post
    Well said. I, too, am not a Republican; as an independent voter (since 1992), I find it weird that the assumption is that RPF goers are Republicans (Ronin wrote "your fellow Republicans"). As you say, it may be amusing to see Trump completely $#@!ing up the Republican Party, but not amusing enough to see the destruction he will cause in our country.
    Both Ron and Rand are Republicans. The assumption that many here are Republican voters also, does not seem, to me, to be so horribly out of line.

Do you have some persuasive party affiliation counter evidence, to the contrary?

Quote Originally Posted by francisco View Post
    When you work the rage out, come full circle and accept that for what it is, it is very refreshing.

That's why I have mostly stayed out of the Trump/Anti Trump arguments.

After eight years of Obama, I'm pretty much right in the same place I was before, albeit less free.

After eight years of Trump or Hillary or whatever the clown show vomits out as the new Glorious Leader, I reckon I will be in same place, assuming I'm still upright and taking nourishment.

I'll still have bills to pay, and my neighbor still will not give a $#@! that he is under more surveillance than an East German in 1960 and freedom will be less popular.

this is horribly flawed.... 17 candidate field and a different state calender this year. The first charts velocity to the very last contest.... the second charts velocity to the most recent....

bull$#@! chart is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    this is horribly flawed.... 17 candidate field and a different state calender this year. The first charts velocity to the very last contest.... the second charts velocity to the most recent....

bull$#@! chart is what it is.

Oh, he knows that, he is just desperate as always.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is an example of Trump promotion.
    Still better than Rand on foreign policy.

Both Ron and Rand are Republicans. The assumption that many here are Republican voters also, does not seem, to me, to be so horribly out of line.

Do you have some persuasive party affiliation counter evidence, to the contrary?
    RP is a lifetime member of the LP, last I heard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    RP is a lifetime member of the LP, last I heard.
    The last two times Ron ran for POTUS was as a Republican. Rand's first POTUS shot, Republican.

Next?

The question isn't what Rand or Ron Paul are, but what their supporters are, and many of them are not Republicans. Ron Paul attracted people from across the political spectrum. Rand wasn't in the presidential race long enough to attract anyone, and was soundly rejected by Republicans: only 4.5% of Republicans in Iowa voted for him.

Polling during the 2012 race indicated that, of all the Republican candidates, only Ron Paul pulled in enough support from all voters to match Obama. He wasn't getting those numbers solely from Republicans, and there aren't enough Republicans to win an election by themselves: they need independent voters. Of course, as we know, the Republican establishment rejected Ron entirely.

"My fellow Republicans" seems quite short-sighted, given Ron Paul's history of support from people outside the Republican Party, and considering both Pauls' rejection by the Republican establishment.

The question isn't what Rand or Ron Paul are, but what their supporters are, and many of them are not Republicans. Ron Paul attracted people from across the political spectrum. Rand wasn't in the presidential race long enough to attract anyone, and was soundly rejected by Republicans: only 4.5% of Republicans in Iowa voted for him.

Polling during the 2012 race indicated that, of all the Republican candidates, only Ron Paul pulled in enough support from all voters to match Obama. He wasn't getting those numbers solely from Republicans, and there aren't enough Republicans to win an election by themselves: they need independent voters. Of course, as we know, the Republican establishment rejected Ron entirely.

"My fellow Republicans" seems quite short-sighted, given Ron Paul's history of support from people outside the Republican Party, and considering both Pauls' rejection by the Republican establishment.
    That is/was 'your fellow Republicans', not me OR mine.

I guess just not bad enough for BOTH OF THEM to not warrant resigning from the GOP. <shrug>

<<not a Republican

I only do it because they're convinced he's and outsider who will change things and dont realize he's an insider who will only make things much worse, much faster.

Otherwise, I couldnt care less.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 View Post
    I only do it because they're convinced he's and outsider who will change things and dont realize he's an insider who will only make things much worse, much faster.

Otherwise, I couldnt care less.
    Perhaps they're right. <shrug> Majority rules?

I think most of us are Republicans. I am a Republican so I can vote in their primaries.
    Stop believing stupid things

LOL

Would you ask the same question if it was Bush? McCain? Palin?
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    ... I would love to see the RNC replaced with liberty thinkers.
    RNC members are elected by delegates at each State's GOP convention. There was a good surge of liberty minded peeps taking over GOP state party apparatus' from within in 2012 thanks to Ron Paul. That has to continue in order to reach your stated goal. Is it worth fighting for? Hopefully there are enough liberty thinkers left who believe so.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post

LOL

Would you ask the same question if it was Bush? McCain? Palin?
    Absitively, and did.

Someone just needs to point out the lunacy.

Ron Paul brought in supporters from across the spectrum. The ones that were Republicans are probably more interested in discussions and debates about the GOP primary. People who were not Republicans don't want to hear about it, especially if people are "happy" about any of the current choices.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic