Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Whose got your vote for President in 2016?

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    4k a month just in bills alone is a heck of a lot of bills.
    All that food doesn't come cheap.
    "The Patriarch"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4_God_N_Country View Post
    Not at all. Gary Johnson is a globalist bootlicker.
    So is Trump.
    I am the spoon.

Homes
    No you don't.
    I am the spoon.

If only my skin color was not white, I could actually get a job here in my own country that my people created.
    That you're people created? How did they create it?
    I am the spoon.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    I'm getting the impression this guy is a softer version of TheTexan.
    I've always assumed TheTexan was a troll.
    I am the spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    That you're people created? How did they create it?
    They used the best people, fantastic people.
    "The Patriarch"

Bro that is cheap. Most mortgages here are at least 3,500 a month alone.
    Yet you refuse to move somewhere where your bills would be 1/3 of what they are now.
    I am the spoon.

I've always assumed TheTexan was a troll.
    @TheTexan is Ultimate Sarcasm. You always have to read between the lines and it's funnier than h-e-double-toothpicks.
    Last edited by Ender; 09-06-2016 at 09:12 PM.
    There is no spoon.

Yet you refuse to move somewhere where your bills would be 1/3 of what they are now.
    Well, to be fair, when you're broke, moving is not always an option, as it can be very expensive. If he's got the job then it's time to hit the ground running and then maybe make enough to be somewhere cheaper- or to afford where he's at.

I understand @4_God_N_Country's broke problem- I just don't agree it's them brown mo-fo's fault.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    No logic will keep people from repeating the same nonsense over and over.

lol, nor redefine material and nonmateral, but hey, you got a narrative stick to it!
    ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by hells_unicorn View Post
    I'm abstaining from voting, part of me hopes for a Trump victory because economically it will help my family's business and I do think he's less hawkish than Clinton, but I have a standing position of political dissent with the U.S. Constitution as of now. I'll encourage others to either not vote, or if they insist on doing so, to support Trump, but I can not, in good conscience, endorse American elections as they now stand.
    I agree on not voting but for those who will, I think Darrell Castle is a far better choice than Trump (i'm actually writing in but meh.)
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    @TheTexan is Ultimate Sarcasm. You always have to read between the lines and it's funnier than h-e-double-toothpicks.
    this^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian Liberty View Post
    I agree on not voting but for those who will, I think Darrell Castle is a far better choice than Trump (i'm actually writing in but meh.)
    NO ONE BUT VERMIN SUPREME!!!
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

He is a FAR better choice than Trump, but not in defeating Hillary. At least, not this election.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post
    He is a FAR better choice than Trump, but not in defeating Hillary. At least, not this election.
    Well, bottom line, there are two things here. I'm a theonomist, and I'm principled. Being both, I can't vote for anyone on the ballot. But if somebody wants to make a principled choice, but is comfortable with pluralism, I'd encourage them toward Castle, because Trump isn't a principled vote even if you are a pluralist.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Well, bottom line, there are two things here. I'm a theonomist, and I'm principled. Being both, I can't vote for anyone on the ballot. But if somebody wants to make a principled choice, but is comfortable with pluralism, I'd encourage them toward Castle, because Trump isn't a principled vote even if you are a pluralist.
    Ok. That's fine. I see things from my lens differently.

I believe we are at a critical moment. This election, I feel, is more important than any of our lifetime. The consequences are much greater than my personal sense of principle. For me, as things are, the least I can do is vote to have more conservative Supreme Court Justices elected by choosing Trump (who, in theory, will more likely do so than Hillary). It is a risk, I understand, but the alternative is guaranteed failure and doom for this nation. If I am wrong, then the results would have been similar anyway. But it at least provided a possible chance compared to simply standing by and allowing the status quo to continue.

If the election is a blowout come Election Day, I am voting for Castle.

If the election is close, I am going to hold my nose and vote for Trump not because I agree with him on many things, or because I support his policies, but because I believe (mistakenly or not) that he offers more of a chance to turn this nation from the brink than his opponent does. I also believe that me sitting out the election because I want to protect my 'principles' would be something done out of pride and to no one's benefit than to satisfy my own ego. With this particular election, and with the consequences of a Hillary win, I personally will not allow my pride to stop me from fighting against the greater evil.
    +

Romans 3:8 And why not say (as we are slanderously reported and as some claim that we say), “Let us do evil that good may come”? Their condemnation is just. [NASB]

I believe we are at a critical moment. This election, I feel, is more important than any of our lifetime. The consequences are much greater than my personal sense of principle. For me, as things are, the least I can do is vote to have more conservative Supreme Court Justices elected by choosing Trump (who, in theory, will more likely do so than Hillary). It is a risk, I understand, but the alternative is guaranteed failure and doom for this nation. If I am wrong, then the results would have been similar anyway. But it at least provided a possible chance compared to simply standing by and allowing the status quo to continue.

If the election is close, I am going to hold my nose and vote for Trump not because I agree with him on many things, or because I support his policies, but because I believe (mistakenly or not) that he offers more of a chance to turn this nation from the brink than his opponent does. I also believe that me sitting out the election because I want to protect my 'principles' would be something done out of pride and to no one's benefit than to satisfy my own ego. With this particular election, and with the consequences of a Hillary win, I personally will not allow my pride to stop me from fighting against the greater evil.
    I don't agree with your approach (as I don't believe any democracy is or could be Orthodox), but IMO you should just vote for Castle if you're inclined to vote for a "mainstream" person. Trump is a fascist and I don't see how you could be in good conscience supporting him. :/ I personally continue to support the Great Vermin Supreme. ~hugs~

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    I don't agree with your approach (as I don't believe any democracy is or could be Orthodox), but IMO you should just vote for Castle if you're inclined to vote for a "mainstream" person. Trump is a fascist and I don't see how you could be in good conscience supporting him. :/ I personally continue to support the Great Vermin Supreme. ~hugs~
    Castle has no chance at becoming President, otherwise I would.

If the race is close, I will choose the lesser of two evils. Sometimes we have to make sure what we are calling our conscience is not in fact our pride.
    +

as a Christian I feel I just can't vote for Trump. Darrell Castle it is.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump because I really can't stand Gary Johnson anymore.

He literally has gained ABSOLUTELY ZERO KNOWLEDGE since the last time he ran. I thought 4 years of being in the LP would have had him do some reading and learn more about libertarianism, but NOPE. He is the exact same wishy washy "socially liberal/fiscally conservative" guy. And in all honestly he comes off too much like a liberal a lot of the time.

I don't think its pride in the slightest to refrain from voting the lesser evil. By the contrary I think its just being consistent with Romans 3:8.

I don't think its pride in the slightest to refrain from voting the lesser evil. By the contrary I think its just being consistent with Romans 3:8.
    Not voting for the lesser of two evils does not have to be on account of pride, though it sometimes is. I am prepared to vote third party if there appears to be a blowout or sure winner on Election Day.

I was sure to express in my post you quoted that I have to chosen the lesser of two evils if the election is close, because personally, to vote third party when my vote may actually stop a greater evil, I feel would because of pride and do nothing to help the situation my family is in. This does not apply to all who vote third party. I am speaking on behalf of myself.
    Last edited by TER; 09-08-2016 at 10:43 AM.
    +

Quote Originally Posted by Jingles View Post
    Trump because I really can't stand Gary Johnson anymore.

He literally has gained ABSOLUTELY ZERO KNOWLEDGE since the last time he ran. I thought 4 years of being in the LP would have had him do some reading and learn more about libertarianism, but NOPE. He is the exact same wishy washy "socially liberal/fiscally conservative" guy. And in all honestly he comes off too much like a liberal a lot of the time.

Ok, I can certainly accept that you've given up on Johnson. Hell, he's given you no real reason to support him.

But then to extend that to supporting Trump?! I mean that makes absolutely zero sense. Zip. Nil. In all the areas you can find where Johnson is bad, and there are lots of them, Trump is even worse! Go for Castle. Go for a write-in. But Trump?! Because you think Johnson isn't libertarian or knowledgeable enough?!

Nah, you've bought the con - that's all. Don't blame Johnson for your Trumpcucking. That's a façade.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

The whole problem with this whole "lesser of 2 evils" scam is that there will ALWAYS be a lesser of 2 evils. That is how you get sucked into this dog and pony show. Guess what over there on team blue, they are saying the EXACT same thing. 2 idiot groups claiming they are doing the "right" thing by supporting their idiot of choice. Round and around you go FOREVER!!! Enjoy boobus!
    A sense of danger gives birth to fear. And fear is the time-honored cross for the crucifixion of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by twomp View Post
    The whole problem with this whole "lesser of 2 evils" scam is that there will ALWAYS be a lesser of 2 evils. That is how you get sucked into this dog and pony show. Guess what over there on team blue, they are saying the EXACT same thing. 2 idiot groups claiming they are doing the "right" thing by supporting their idiot of choice. Round and around you go FOREVER!!! Enjoy boobus!
    Yeah, I get your point. It's a rigged and messed up system. But if there is a chance to at least restore some conservative judges into the SC, I have to take it. Voting for a third party to me does not seem fix the situation quick enough.
    +

The means cannot be separated from the end when judged morally. And I think it's anti-moral to try to separate the means from the end. We need to squash immediately any idea of attempting to do "good" by force or by way of coercion of Man by government regardless of whether the claim is made that it's for his own good or the common or greater good or that the less evil guy (subjective, btw) is doing it.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 09-08-2016 at 11:10 AM.

Anyway. Castle isn't on the ballot here. So I'm likely not going to vote now.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Chester Copperpot

nice

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast