Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: George H.W. Bush has died

Also of note: The President and former presidents are sitting on the front row across from the family. The Vice Presidents are on the next row. Of all those people, the Trumps are not really participating in the service. They have sung none of the hymns or liturgy. It’s an Episcopal service, so pretty familiar. I know the First Lady is Catholic, but there is nothing in the service that should not allow participation by a Catholic. The Obamas, Clintons, and Carters, the Bidens, Quayles , Cheneys, and Walter Mondale are all participating.

It just seems strange.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Also of note: The President and former presidents are sitting on the front row across from the family. The Vice Presidents are on the next row. Of all those people, the Trumps are not really participating in the service. They have sung none of the hymns or liturgy. It’s an Episcopal service, so pretty familiar. I know the First Lady is Catholic, but there is nothing in the service that should not allow participation by a Catholic. The Obamas, Clintons, and Carters, the Bidens, Quayles , Cheneys, and Walter Mondale are all participating.

It just seems strange.
    It's more polite than spitting on the casket.

I'd spit on the casket.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Even though Bush is the worst kind of liberal Republican and it is ridiculous today is a holiday, he did do two good things. He put Clarence Thomas on the Supreme Court. And he gave FA Hayek a Presidential Medal of Freedom right before Hayek died.
    A broken clock is right twice a day, Shrub Sr. only managed to be right twice in 8 years.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    A broken clock is right twice a day, Shrub Sr. only managed to be right twice in 8 years.
    Four, he was VP for 8 tho.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Four.
    Give him a break. He'll get his two times in before the day is over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Give him a break. He'll get his two times in before the day is over.
    Meh, we were alive, it's easier to remember $#@! like that if you lived through it.

I don't remember for certain how many terms Ford or Carter served.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Four, he was VP for 8 tho.
    Thanks, even I make a mistake now and then.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Meh, we were alive, it's easier to remember $#@! like that if you lived through it.
    I was alive, I just posted in a hurry without thinking. (something I usually don't do but Shrub doesn't deserve much of my mental bandwidth)

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I heard Bush Jr cried at the end of his eulogy.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

The local jewelry store had a big video memorial in their sign. o_O
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

I hope you all will have loved ones around to say a kind word about you when you all go.
    #NashvilleStrong

Tarpley's book is online:

George Bush: The Unauthorized Biography

http://tarpley.net/online-books/geor...zed-biography/

Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I hope you all will have loved ones around to say a kind word about you when you all go.
    I hope so, too. I also hope that I don't turn out to be a colossal piece of $#@!.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

I read HW is taking a train ride to his final resting spot. This is one crazy ass funeral procession - planes, trains, and automobiles.

Sorry, my cut-n-paste isn't working very well.

HW's death could cost taxpayers 1/2 a Billion.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...uC9jGcEr-H9mLo

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I hope so, too. I also hope that I don't turn out to be a colossal piece of $#@!.
    As with most people, we rarely know the whole story.

Obama and Clinton are pass-the-buck kind of people. I don’t think Bush 41 was. Trump doesn’t seem to be either. A lot of people talk about the mess Trump inherited. He doesn’t mention it so much.

Obama not so much with the friends, either. He kind of threw them under the bus. Can you imagine what kind of funeral Jeremiah Wright would preach?
    Last edited by euphemia; 12-06-2018 at 12:38 PM.
    #NashvilleStrong

It seems like George and Barbara practically adopted Bill Clinton at some point. Not Hillary. I don’t think she has a lot of friends—just Loyal people who draw a salary and do her dirty work.
    #NashvilleStrong

All the rancor in the room was not all on the Trumps, either. Alan Simpson was on Clinton’s impeachment committee. Bush 43 defeated Al Gore, who was there. A lot more people were laying aside differences than just the Trumps.
    #NashvilleStrong

And for the record, we did not support either Bush in the primaries.
    #NashvilleStrong

As with most people, we rarely know the whole story.

Obama and Clinton are pass-the-buck kind of people. I don’t think Bush 41 was. Trump doesn’t seem to be either. A lot of people talk about the mess Trump inherited. He doesn’t mention it so much.

Obama not so much with the friends, either. He kind of threw them under the bus. Can you imagine what kind of funeral Jeremiah Wright would preach?
    True. I'm sure someone loved Stalin, too.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I hope his mother never knew what he became.
    #NashvilleStrong

Touche!
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

I hope his mother never knew what he became.
    Not shockingly, she was a pieces of $#@!, too.

Kinda like Bush Sr and Bush Jr.

Meh...we all die alone.

How cute. His family actually thinks he went to heaven.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Sorry, my cut-n-paste isn't working very well.

HW's death could cost taxpayers 1/2 a Billion.
    Nothing next to what his life cost.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    How cute. His family actually thinks he went to heaven.
    Technically,, he did.

For Judgement.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Technically,, he did.

For Judgement.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=7tCzA0W_KJM

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast