Thread: Tech Support

Tech Support

We often have threads regarding Google, Facebook, Youtube...... and all those.

If you don't use Google, what search engine is good?

What about email? I have had Yahoo since forever and I have not accepted the new terms to secure with my other contact information. Lately I notice sometimes hours before receiving email. A few minutes ago I had no emails today and then I just checked again and now I have a few that have times from early morning hours. They were not there a few minutes ago. Who to use for email?

Advice is welcome that is user friendly and protects privacy.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Best way to protect your privacy is to have nothing to hide
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Search engine, I like duckduckgo
    Secondary options are startpage and epic.

For private email, probably nothing is foolproof, fully secure.
    Protonmail and Startmail are two though that are far better than your yahoo/gmail/hotmail, etc.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post

What about email? I have had Yahoo since forever and I have not accepted the new terms to secure with my other contact information. Lately I notice sometimes hours before receiving email. A few minutes ago I had no emails today and then I just checked again and now I have a few that have times from early morning hours. They were not there a few minutes ago. Who to use for email?

Your first step is securing your own computer..

Install Linux,, any flavor of your choice,, and some are very secure,, even the more "user Friendly" are far more secure than Windoze.

The web is NOT Secure,, Encrypted databases are hacked,,and you have no control over what is not under your direct control.

I have never been hacked,, Hotmail got hacked,, my WOW Password was Stolen, FaceBook gets hacked,,
    Credit Card companies get hacked..
    Govt gets hacked..

If it is out on the web it is accessible..
    Your control starts (and ends) at your Firewall.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post

I use DuckDuckGo for a search engine and Mail.com for e-mail.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment