Thread: College kids love Trump's tax plan, when they are told it is Bernie Sanders' tax plan

Exclamation College kids love Trump's tax plan, when they are told it is Bernie Sanders' tax plan

Idjits...

Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hey you might wanna tag that video with a barf bag warning, lol... pretty good tho
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

And the funny part is you could take Bernie tax plan and tell a bunch of republicans it was trumps plan and they would love and defend it.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    And the funny part is you could take Bernie tax plan and tell a bunch of republicans it was trumps plan and they would love and defend it.
    Ya think so? I doubt it, but if you're so convinced then maybe you should go out on the street and ask some people and make a monetized youtube video?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I think even the dimmest of Republican wits, would not be in favor of increasing the death tax to 65% or adding a new top tax rate of 52%

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I think even the dimmest of Republican wits, would not be in favor of increasing the death tax to 65% or adding a new top tax rate of 52%
    Used to think that. Not anymore.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

My first thoughts when I saw the title.

They want to use this same mechanism to make neoconservationism popular. Make all of these people that have been fighting for neoconservationism for years rail against Trump's neocon foreign policy. So you gotta be a neocon not to support Trump against all of the neocons attacking him right?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Idjits...

This doesn't really tell u anything. The college reform guys cherry picked Trump's tax plan and most likely only posted clips from the minority of college liberals who fell for tis trick and then voila, comes to the conclusion that college liberals love Trump's tax plan. Heck, cherry pick it enough and i would even like his tax plan. The rub comes when you actually give full detail of his tax plan to the audience and then ask them if they like it. And believe me when they hear about the cooperate tax cuts and take away of deductions to middle income earners, virtually none of them would like the plan.

Well, I should know about cherry picking cos that is how I ended up with a Che avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    This doesn't really tell u anything. The college reform guys cherry picked Trump's tax plan and most likely only posted clips from the minority of college liberals who fell for tis trick and then voila, comes to the conclusion that college liberals love Trump's tax plan. Heck, cherry pick it enough and i would even like his tax plan. The rub comes when you actually give full detail of his tax plan to the audience and then ask them if they like it. And believe me when they hear about the cooperate tax cuts and take away of deductions to middle income earners, virtually none of them would like the plan.
    Meh, most/all of them in the video probably don't have enough experience actually paying taxes to know what would benefit them or their family. eg: they probably don't know how much the standard deduction is --or even what it is-- and whether doubling it would exceed what they would lose in existing state tax deductions.
    Last edited by specsaregood; 10-25-2017 at 05:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Meh, most/all of them in the video probably don't have enough experience actually paying taxes to know what would benefit them or their family. eg: they probably don't know how much the standard deduction is --or even what it is-- and whether doubling it would exceed what they would lose in existing state tax deductions.
    Very true and then again they were given the liberal (tax credit to the poor aka free money to ppl who barely pay taxes) part of the plan except for replealing of the death tax and we are suprised that they mistook it for Bernie's tax plan.

Peter Schiff asking Democratic delegates at the convention if they would be in favor of banning profits so that the workers got more money is still the all time classic. I remember he said 50% he talked to were in favor of either an outright ban or capping profits.

College kids love Trump's tax plan, when they are told it is Bernie Sanders' tax plan
    That doesn't say much for college kids; but it really doesn't say much for Trump's tax plan.

It's not really a tax plan - more of a Make America Smell Funny lever! @MASF!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire