Thread: Study Finds 88 Percent of Media Coverage is Anti-Trump

Study Finds 88 Percent of Media Coverage is Anti-Trump

Study Finds 88 Percent of Media Coverage is Anti-Trump

by WARNER TODD HUSTON 2 Mar 2017

A new study finds that 88 percent of coverage of President Donald Trump and his administration is negative.
    The study by the Media Research Center (MRC) found that the evening newscasts on the “Big Three” TV networks, ABC, CBS, and NBC, were overwhelmingly hostile to Trump.

In its study, the MRC found that over the president’s first 30 days in office, the networks dedicated 16 hours of coverage to President Trump, 54 percent of its total news coverage. MRC found up to 674 negative statements aimed at Trump while only a tiny 88 statements were deemed positive.

“Our measure of media tone excludes soundbites from identified partisans, focusing instead on tallying the evaluative statements made by reporters and the non-partisan talking heads (experts and average citizens) included in their stories,” MRC noted. “In their coverage of Trump’s first month, the networks crowded their stories with quotes from citizens angry about many of his policies, while providing relatively little airtime to Trump supporters.

The MRC also noted that “anchors and reporters often injected their own anti-Trump editorial tone into the coverage.”

The study also noted that the president’s call for a temporary moratorium on travel from seven terror-torn nations drew the most negative coverage. Other negative coverage centered on Trump’s border policies, his economic plans, the battle over his cabinet picks, as well as Trump’s “complicated relationship” with Russia.

“Further highlighting the hostile tone of these newscasts, nearly an hour of coverage (56 minutes) was given over to anti-Trump protests on various topics, with nearly one-fifth (82 out of 442) of the Trump stories or briefs aired during these 30 days including at least some discussion of an anti-Trump protest,” the MRC concluded.

Follow Warner Todd Huston on Twitter @warnerthuston or email the author at igcolonel@hotmail.com.
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...itbart+News%29
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A lot of it he brings on himself. Even though it was anti-liberty, he got fairly good reviews in the press for his SOTU speech because he didn't attack muslims, immigrants, political opponents, ....
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    A lot of it he brings on himself. Even though it was anti-liberty, he got fairly good reviews in the press for his SOTU speech because he didn't attack muslims, immigrants, political opponents, ....
    Shouldn't you disclose who you work for?

88% are anti-Trump

10%+ are totally neutral
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

If the shoe fits? I hope you guys are not saying the press should be politically correct and start making things up about him to hit some artificial number.

If they actually were against him, they would not cover him. Remember the Ron Paul blackout?

Donny is the traditional media's meal ticket. The things people do for money.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Our Country could be so much better with a honorable press, focused on a little more positivity than doom, gloom, lies & trivial scandals

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

MSM is usually the Dem's lap dog.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    If the shoe fits? I hope you guys are not saying the press should be politically correct and start making things up about him to hit some artificial number.
    Ya, the shoe fits, the media is the enemy. Most of us here know that. Ron Paul knows that. Ron Paul has his own brand of talking $#@! on Trump that doesn't sound ANYTHING like the media's brand of talking $#@! on Trump. Yet we have people here parading around the media's horse crap on a daily basis.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by afwjam View Post
    If they actually were against him, they would not cover him. Remember the Ron Paul blackout?
    Zactly-

And I don't trust Breitbart anymore than I do NYT.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Ya, the shoe fits, the media is the enemy. Most of us here know that. Ron Paul knows that. Ron Paul has his own brand of talking $#@! on Trump that doesn't sound ANYTHING like the media's brand of talking $#@! on Trump. Yet we have people here parading around the media's horse crap on a daily basis.
    But it's OK if the media horse crap praises Trump, amirite?
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by afwjam View Post
    Um, ya, that strategy doesn't work here. Trump gets too many headlines and makes them money, if one media company blacked them out then they would lose a lot of money.

They have to cover Trump. The question is, why did they attack him constantly and why are they trying to get them impeached? I don't know the answer to that question, but at least I'm asking it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    But it's OK if the media horse crap praises Trump, amirite?
    Do you have any examples?

I like it when Rand praises Trump for some action or another. I don't know if I've ever heard the mainstream media praise Trump unless they have some kind of agenda.

Do you have any examples?

I like it when Rand praises Trump for some action or another. I don't know if I've ever heard the mainstream media praise Trump unless they have some kind of agenda.
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...he-White-House
    There is no spoon.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That's a hit piece on Trump disguised as a hit piece on Obama.

That's a hit piece on Trump disguised as a hit piece on Obama.
    Ahhhh..... so @klamath WAS right.

klamath: Only fake if it disagrees with you, don't you know.
    There is no spoon.

The media created Trump. Trump would not have found himself in the spotlight throughout the primaries has they NOT wanted him to win. If they didn't want trump he would have become the man they couldn't name. Both Ron and Rand experienced what the media does when they do not want you. They may not have wanted him to win the general election but that was pure overconfidence on Hillarys part in neglecting her core states.
    If you support trump you support the medias creation, so quit whinning when they attack their own creation.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

So why aren't more here promote Ron Paul's "talking $#@!" points?

Care to join in? http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ch-Libertarian

Media is usually critical of leaders. The sign of a real leader is how they respond to it. Ignore it and move along or be a whiner.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/study-fi...age-for-obama/

Study finds harsh media coverage for Obama

President Obama "has suffered the most unrelentingly negative treatment" of all presidential candidates over the past five months, according to a study released Monday from the Pew Research Center's Project for Excellence in Journalism.

Pew found that Mr. Obama was the subject of negative assessments nearly four times as often as he was the subject of positive assessments. It found he received "positive" coverage nine percent of the time, "neutral" coverage 57 percent of the time and "negative" coverage 34 percent of the time.

The study, which was conducted using a combination of "traditional media research methods [and] computer algorithms to track the level and tone of coverage," cuts against the widespread conservative claim that the "liberal media" aides Mr. Obama and other Democrats while attacking Republicans.

Pew says it looked at coverage from more than 11,500 news outlets, including local and national broadcasts, news websites and blogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Media is usually critical of leaders. The sign of a real leader is how they respond to it. Ignore it and move along or be a whiner.

I do not know if you realize this but nobody wants to listen to your false equivalency stories. If I were you I would be staying on the down-low for a while. If your rep is any indication you are pretty low for the number of posts you've made. You may start thinking why that is before you lose your "beyond repute status"

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Pew found that Mr. Obama was the subject of negative assessments nearly four times as often as he was the subject of positive assessments. It found he received "positive" coverage nine percent of the time, "neutral" coverage 57 percent of the time and "negative" coverage 34 percent of the time.

What negative assessments? I went to the link outlining the study. It did not say anything about that. All it said was:

Four years later, with Obama clearly planning to run for re-election and potential Republican candidates biding their time, coverage has been minimal.

So their criteria for positive/negative is maximum/minimal coverage? So Obama did not get the same coverage in 2012 as 2008 and they call that "negative?" Not focusing on the incumbent over a wide open GOP race is "negative?"
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

I would give it to you. Half of the criticisms by the media is just silly. Especially when they start with the Russia and anti semetic topics. The man is anti Russia and very pro Israeli which is actually a reason to criticize him but the media does the reverse and still criticizes him.

In this analogy, the media is the garden snake you bring in to eradicate the rad problem.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.