Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2013: H.R. 75: To End Membership of the United States in the United Nations

2013: H.R. 75: To End Membership of the United States in the United Nations

Rep. Paul Broun Jr., R-GA10

H.R. 75: To end membership of the United States in the United Nations.

Introduced: Jan 03, 2013 (113th Congress, 2013–2015)
    Sponsor: Rep. Paul Broun Jr.

Why Oppose the United Nations?

United States vs United Nations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E88-BgCMpyY

The United Nations Exposed
    - William F. Jasper, 2001

Global Tyranny…Step by Step: The United Nations and the Emerging New World Order
    - William F. Jasper, 1992
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oh hell yes.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Needs co sponsors. Get on the phones.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

bump..

bout time someone in congress did this.

hmmm Jeff Miller on the UN.. hmmmm
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Doesn't look good it only has a "6% chance of getting past committee" and "1% chance of being enacted" according to the link I have below.
    http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/hr75

And Paul Broun is supposed to be "bad" on foreign policy issues?

Quote Originally Posted by mtr1979 View Post
    Doesn't look good it only has a "6% chance of getting past committee" and "1% chance of being enacted" according to the link I have below.
    http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/hr75
    Those are much better odds than I would have given it. The bookies in DC must thing the world is really unstable right now.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Doesn't a similar bill get brought up every year? The last one I heard about ~10 years ago IIRC, didn't get any significant traction. Hope this one does better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Doesn't a similar bill get brought up every year? The last one I heard about ~10 years ago IIRC, didn't get any significant traction. Hope this one does better.
    Ron Paul usually introduces the bill every year.
    ----

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

This is a really bad idea. If the US leaves the UN, then they lose their veto power over everything the UN does. That will result in a much bigger and more powerful UN that is hostile to the US.
    Knowledge is Liberty!

Quote Originally Posted by Galileo Galilei View Post
    This is a really bad idea. If the US leaves the UN, then they lose their veto power over everything the UN does.
    It's a really bad idea because we'd be giving up our ability to dictate to other countries what they can and can't do?

That will result in a much bigger and more powerful UN that is hostile to the US.
    The US represents a large portion of the "power" the UN has. If the US leaves that equation, the UN becomes weaker, not stronger.
    Last edited by TheTexan; 01-05-2013 at 07:51 PM.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

I am liking this guy more and more.

This is a really bad idea. If the US leaves the UN, then they lose their veto power over everything the UN does. That will result in a much bigger and more powerful UN that is hostile to the US.
    You could not possibly be more bizarrely wrong.

Leaving the UN is a VERY GOOD idea. If the US leaves the UN, then the UN loses any pretense it ever had of having any kind of legitimate authority - especially any kind authority over a sovereign & independent US.

And as for the idea that the US not being a member of the UN would somehow make the UN "bigger and more powerful" ...

I cannot for the life of me imagine how anyone could take such an idea seriously. Have you ever heard of a thing called the League of Nations?
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    It's a really bad idea because we'd be giving up our ability to dictate to other countries what they can and can't do?
    Other countries are free to quit the UN if they want to.
    Knowledge is Liberty!

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    You could not possibly be more bizarrely wrong.

Leaving the UN is a VERY GOOD idea. If the US leaves the UN, then the UN loses any pretense it ever had of having any kind of legitimate authority - especially any kind authority over a sovereign & independent US.

And as for the idea that the US not being a member of the UN would somehow make the UN "bigger and more powerful" ...

I cannot for the life of me imagine how anyone could take such an idea seriously. Have you ever heard of a thing called the League of Nations?
    huh? You think the UN needs "legitimate authority" to act? Yikes.
    Knowledge is Liberty!

The U.N. is the modern day League of Nations... the Constitution does not give us authority to be the world police—as Ron said.
    Indianensis Universitatis Alumnus

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    huh? You think the UN needs "legitimate authority" to act? Yikes.
    Do you know how to read? For one thing, I said "pretense [...] of legitimate authority". For another thing, I neither said nor implied anything about what the UN "needs" - only what they would lose.

Nice try at dodging the issue, though. So let me repeat it: you are wrong - leaving the UN is a very good idea.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-05-2013 at 10:42 PM.

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."

How could anyone think leaving the UN is not a good idea?

The UN is awful and represents central planning at it's finest.
    It's just an opinion... man...

Obama would never sign it, he is a globalist. I will call my senators and congressman on monday though.
    Too bad our elected officials are not as aggressively trying to reduce the federal deficit as they are trying to strip us of our constitutional rights.

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadOfLiberty View Post
    Rep. Paul Broun MD at the John Birch Society, Council Dinner in Georgia.
    October 17, 2009

That's pretty cool.
    ----

Do you know how to read? For one thing, I said "pretense [...] of legitimate authority". For another thing, I neither said nor implied anything about what the UN "needs" - only what they would lose.

Nice try at dodging the issue, though. So let me repeat it: you are wrong - leaving the UN is a very good idea.
    We can fight the UN with a giant military state that costs trillions; or we can stop the UN with one ambassador with veto power. You would let the USSR, China and France run wild. All they need do is bribe the UK for a few votes.
    Knowledge is Liberty!

You would let the USSR, China and France run wild.
    Yes. So?
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

We can fight the UN with a giant military state that costs trillions; or we can stop the UN with one ambassador with veto power.
    You have got to be kidding. Fight the UN with a "giant military state"? Why?

Are they going invade us with a bunch of blue-helmeted panty-waist "peacekeepers"?

Now I know you be trollin' ...

You would let the USSR, China and France run wild. All they need do is bribe the UK for a few votes.
    "Run wild" doing what? Passing "resolutions"? For a few votes to do what? Issue some "declarations"? Ooooooh! I'm ascared!

(BTW: your geopolitical acumen leaves something to be desired. There's no such thing as the USSR - it doesn't exist anymore. Just thought you'd like to know.)

-- The Law (p. 54)
      -- Government (p. 99)

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Before we go all apoplectic in our support of this, may I inject some further thoughts?

Just pulling out of the UN may not be a good idea if it is not attended with a fundamental change in both US foreign and domestic policy.

If we withdraw, we will then stand essentially alone on the planet against the rest. So standing, and with our military spread all over the planet as it is, that would leave us in an unenviable position of vulnerability. A de-facto battle line will have been drawn: us against the rest, the latter being the globalist contingent... maybe. The globalists hold a great seat of power in the USA and I doubt they would simply vanish away. That would mean we were separated from the rest in name only and would almost certainly remain subject to UN mandates, only this time with no veto power as our seat on the Security Council will be gone. The UN is a foreign entity - a government of fact and there is NOTHING to stop the globalists from entering into treaties with that entity.

Does anyone here think that formal withdrawal would end our problems WRT the UN and globalist aspirations? It would almost certainly make things worse.

Until we clean up our house by airing out the globalist/progressive one-world sorts whose only goal at this time appears to be our subjugation, I submit that leaving the UN is likely to make things worse rather than better. At least now we hold some theoretical control over its actions.

So long as the domicile is lousy with tyrants, such actions will have no material benefits. When we become a free nation, pull back our military, our "money", and so forth and leave the rest of the world to its devices, THEN retreat from the UN will have the effect we seek. Until then we are playing a very dangerous game that combines ignorance and wild desire against strategic thinking and a properly reasoned view of reality.

The waters in which we find ourselves are deep and dangerous. Precipitous action with that knife in our inflatable raft is not well advised.
    Last edited by osan; 01-14-2013 at 07:01 AM.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Before we go all apoplectic in our support of this, may I inject some further thoughts?
    Well shoot. Osan, By that same logic, we shouldn't close down our foreign military bases around the world because those countries could get invaded or declare war on a weaker country.
    Last edited by FrankRep; 01-06-2013 at 09:22 AM.
    ----

You have got to be kidding. Fight the UN with a "giant military state"? Why?

Are they going invade us with a bunch of blue-helmeted panty-waist "peacekeepers"?

Now I know you be trollin' ...

"Run wild" doing what? Passing "resolutions"? For a few votes to do what? Issue some "declarations"? Ooooooh! I'm ascared!

(BTW: your geopolitical acumen leaves something to be desired. There's no such thing as the USSR - it doesn't exist anymore. Just thought you'd like to know.)
    You are still advocating that the US give up its UN veto power. That's a REALLY bad idea. You have not responded to this. The fact is, if you don't like the UN, the best way to keep them in check is to veto everything they do.
    Knowledge is Liberty!

I understand your point, and don't take it lightly. Events can turn ugly in a hurry, if we refuse to be the globalists military arm. Get our house in order, now.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post

Just pulling out of the UN may not be a good idea if it is not attended with a fundamental change in both US foreign and domestic policy.

If we withdraw, we will then stand essentially alone on the planet against the rest. So standing, and with our military spread all over the planet as it is, that would leave us in an unenviable position of vulnerability. A de-facto battle line will have been drawn: us against the rest, the latter being the globalist contingent... maybe. The globalists hold a great seat of power in the USA and I doubt they would simply vanish away. That would mean we were separated from the rest in name only and would almost certainly remain subject to UN mandates, only this time with no veto power as our seat on the Security Council will be gone. The UN is a foreign entity - a government of fact and there is NOTHING to stop the globalists from entering into treaties with that entity.

Does anyone here think that formal withdrawal would end our problems WRT the UN and globalist aspirations? It would almost certainly make things worse.

Until we clean up our house by airing out the globalist/progressive one-world sorts whose only goal at this time appears to be our subjugation, I submit that leaving the UN is likely to make things worse rather than better. At least now we hold some theoretical control over its actions.

So long as the domicile is lousy with tyrants, such actions will have no material benefits. When we become a free nation, pull back out military, our "money", and so forth and leave the rest of the world to its devices, THEN retreat from the UN will have the effect we seek. Until then we are playing a very dangerous game that combines ignorance and wild desire against strategic thinking and a properly reasoned view of reality.

The waters in which we find ourselves are deep and dangerous. Precipitous action with that knife in our inflatable raft is not well advised.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankRep View Post
    Well shoot. Osan, By that same logic, we shouldn't close down our foreign military bases around the world because those countries could get invaded or declare war on a weaker country.
    Bad analogy. I am all for getting out of the UN. I am not, however, in favor of doing so precipitously.

Our nation is literally hanging by threads in many respects and it is the brute strength of our military and the fact that they are of use to the globalist cadre that keeps us afloat in terms of maintaining what little remains of our prosperity and freedom.

To unceremoniously withdraw would be a nearly suicidal move at this time.

The smart move would be to get our own house in order before withdrawing. Get the economy back into a state of brute power, then withdraw as the global police, end all our wars, then all our other foreign entanglements including ALL treaties. Then, with a powerful and independent economy, our military at home and mostly disbanded, and a return to a culture of freedom where the people of the nation take care of themselves rather than relying upon others to do the work for them, we start thinking about leaving the UN.

This is called "order of operations" and is very important.

The goal is laudable, but it must be done smartly, lest disaster be visited upon us. This is not hyperbole. Consider the stakes.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

How could we effectively combat Global Warming Climate Change without the UN?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast