Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: And so it begins, U.S. troops start to withdraw from Afghanistan

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Guess where more troops are slated to go in 2021? Yep .....moving from Afghanistan to another region in the ME.

Shuffling $#@! around the theatre isn't bringing the troops home.
    BUNK.

Trump is also withdrawing from Iraq and even from places like Saudi Arabia.

And ending a war and leaving the war zone is a good thing even if the troops did go to a non-war zone instead of coming home.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    BUNK.

Trump is also withdrawing from Iraq and even from places like Saudi Arabia.

And ending a war and leaving the war zone is a good thing even if the troops did go to a non-war zone instead of coming home.
    So says the guy with no insight, no proof and no clue. I don't speak on this ignorantly. There are dozens of troop deployments slated for TY21. To all sorts of regions...Jordan, Kuwait, Afghanistan, to replace the security details in and around Baghdad, to replace the troops in Yemen.
    You are just angry that you can't see it because your heads so far up Trumps ass.

and all you got is "Bunk". GTFOH.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So says the guy with no insight, no proof and no clue. I don't speak on this ignorantly. There are dozens of troop deployments slated for TY21. To all sorts of regions...Jordan, Kuwait, Afghanistan, to replace the security details in and around Baghdad, to replace the troops in Yemen.
    You are just angry that you can't see it because your heads so far up Trumps ass.

and all you got is "Bunk". GTFOH.
    LOL

Of course there are scheduled deployments, it's called troop rotation.
    Trump is not bringing all of the troops home at once but I have repeatedly posted the proof that Trump is withdrawing thousands of troops from many countries.

All you have is bunk.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

LOL

Of course there are scheduled deployments, it's called troop rotation.
    Trump is not bringing all of the troops home at once but I have repeatedly posted the proof that Trump is withdrawing thousands of troops from many countries.

All you have is bunk.
    Uggh! You’re defeating your own argument. Lol.
    I’m glad you agree we are just shuffling $#@! around and that no one is actually coming home.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Uggh! You’re defeating your own argument. Lol.
    I’m glad you agree we are just shuffling $#@! around and that no one is actually coming home.
    You can't be this obtuse.

More are coming home than are going out, Trump is leaving Afghanistan completely and Iraq completely but not all at once, he is also decreasing the number of troops in other places.

But they don't leave units overseas permanently so they constantly send out new units to replace old units that are coming home.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

You can't be this obtuse.

More are coming home than are going out, Trump is leaving Afghanistan completely and Iraq completely but not all at once, he is also decreasing the number of troops in other places.

But they don't leave units overseas permanently so they constantly send out new units to replace old units that are coming home.
    Thanks. I was in the army for over 30 years so appreciate your education buttmunch
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On fighting corruption:
    Fascism Defined

Thanks. I was in the army for over 30 years so appreciate your education buttmunch
    Thank you for confirming that your misrepresentations are the result of malice rather than stupidity.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

OP, instead of indulging in personal attacks and calling others names, care to answer a simple question:

Is it true that there are 8,000-10,000 more troops in mideast today than there were when GOPA funded leader took charge of White House?

If so, isn't it time to stop 'So it begins/So it flip-flops again' type vague and misleading headlines & "very soon xyz would happen" promises and start citing concrete numbers?

There will be plenty of time to celeberate after your predictions have come true, I hope they do.

Thank you for confirming that your misrepresentations are the result of malice rather than stupidity.
    I have no idea what you are trying to stay little one, but no one's been misrepresenting anything around here but a paid shill like you.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On fighting corruption:
    Fascism Defined

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I have no idea what you are trying to stay little one, but no one's been misrepresenting anything around here but a paid shill like you.
    You and the other trolls always present regular troop rotation as "additional troops sent to the war zone" even when overall numbers are dropping.

You have no credibility.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Senior Afghan peace official Abdullah Abdullah arrived in Pakistan on Monday for meetings in a country seen as vital to the success of Afghan talks aimed at ending decades of war.

During his three-day visit to Islamabad, Abdullah, a former foreign minister and chairman of Afghanistan's High Council for National Reconciliation, will meet Prime Minister Imran Khan as well as Pakistan's foreign minister.

"Pakistan fully supports all efforts for peace," its foreign ministry spokesman said in a statement.

"The visit of Dr Abdullah Abdullah will contribute to further strengthening amity, brotherhood and close cooperation."

The United States has acknowledged Pakistan's help in fostering Afghan peace efforts including in encouraging the Taliban to negotiate.

The U.S. special representative for Afghanistan, Zalmay Khalilzad, said last week the United States and its allies were looking at an agreement between Afghanistan and Pakistan so that neither side's territory would be used to attack the other.

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/afghan-offici...093639435.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The Afghan government and Taliban negotiators are nearing a compromise on a key sticking point that has stalled peace talks in Doha, a senior Afghan official said Wednesday.

The Taliban, who are Sunni hardliners, had insisted on strict adherence to the Hanafi school of Sunni Islamic jurisprudence, but government negotiators worried this could be used to discriminate against the predominantly Shi'ite Hazara community and other religious minorities.

Abdullah Abdullah, chairman of Afghanistan's High Council for National Reconciliation that is overseeing Kabul's peace push, said in an interview with AFP that after several small-group meetings in Doha, the issue had been resolved "to a large extent".

Both sides have provisionally agreed "to recognise the principal issue of Hanafi's role without any discrimination to Shia communities or minorities, so … the compromise is around that," Abdullah said.

Resolution of the issue means one less obstacle as negotiators try to draw up an agenda for talks, which could take years to complete.

Another stumbling block has emerged: the extent to which the Taliban recognise the legitimacy of the Kabul government under a future deal.

The insurgents have always insisted President Ashraf Ghani's government is a US-enabled "puppet" regime. In the deal the Taliban cut with Washington in February, they did not have to recognise Kabul.

Similarly, the Taliban now want any future peace deal to exclude overt references to the government and instead to frame the agreement as some sort of "intra-Afghan" accord.

Without providing details, Abdullah said the two sides appeared to have made progress on the issue.

He said after a slow start, the negotiating teams were now "getting along quite well and this latest impasse, hopefully we will overcome it soon."

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/negotiators-n...183550487.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...84510749544450

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

·
    4h
    We should have the small remaining number of our BRAVE Men and Women serving in Afghanistan home by Christmas!

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/1315294923449602048

https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/1315294925186043904

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/1315294923449602048

https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/1315294925186043904

Woohoo!
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

The U.S. special envoy to Afghanistan said on Thursday he had struck an agreement with the insurgent Taliban to "re-set" their commitments under a troop withdrawal deal and reduce the number of casualties in the country, which has seen heavy fighting in southern Helmand province.

This week, the Taliban launched a major offensive in Helmand, attempting to take the provincial capital and ensuing fighting had displaced thousands of civilians.

U.S. envoy Zalmay Khalilzad said on Twitter that he and General Scott Miller, the commander of U.S. forces in Afghanistan, had held several meetings with the Taliban.

"We agreed to re-set actions by strictly adhering to implementation of all elements of the U.S.-Taliban Agreement and all commitments made," he said. "At present too many Afghans are dying. With the re-set, we expect that number to drop significantly."

In a sign that negotiations were continuing, a Taliban spokesman and an Afghan government negotiator said on Wednesday some of their negotiators had met after a pause to discuss disputed issues and "present solutions".

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/trump-tweet-g...121348891.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Qatar has agreed to facilitate peace talks between the Afghan government and the Taliban following unsuccessful attempts to reach an agreement, Khaama Press reported Nov. 1. ...

More at: https://worldview.stratfor.com/situa...an-peace-talks

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Qatar has agreed to facilitate peace talks between the Afghan government and the Taliban following unsuccessful attempts to reach an agreement, Khaama Press reported Nov. 1. ...

More at: https://worldview.stratfor.com/situa...an-peace-talks
    Meaningless. If Trump wanted the troops home they would be home by now. It isn't the advisors who are doing it, it's Trumps lack of policy and disdain for the Constitution that is getting in the way. Just another Lucy who puts the football out and takes it back at the moment of impact.

He has 2 more months to do it but there is no reason to believe he will.

Quote Originally Posted by tebowlives View Post
    Meaningless. If Trump wanted the troops home they would be home by now. It isn't the advisors who are doing it, it's Trumps lack of policy and disdain for the Constitution that is getting in the way. Just another Lucy who puts the football out and takes it back at the moment of impact.

He has 2 more months to do it but there is no reason to believe he will.
    Most of them are home by now and the rest will soon join them.
    Trump has had to manage public perception and not just fire the entire Pentagon while forcing them to bring all the troops home at once but now that he has bee re-elected (yes, he has) he will not need to concern himself so much with such things.

They will all be gone by Christmas just like he said in spite of what anyone else said.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Most of them are home by now and the rest will soon join them.
    Trump has had to manage public perception and not just fire the entire Pentagon while forcing them to bring all the troops home at once but now that he has bee re-elected (yes, he has) he will not need to concern himself so much with such things.

They will all be gone by Christmas just like he said in spite of what anyone else said.
    Most? Where are the numbers for this?

lol A bit of an exaggeration. He doesn't have to fire the Pentagon in order to bring the troops home and doesn't need force to do it.

Trump says a lot of things so I'll believe it when I see it.

Most? Where are the numbers for this?
    Right here in this thread.

lol A bit of an exaggeration. He doesn't have to fire the Pentagon in order to bring the troops home and doesn't need force to do it.
    Yes he does, they only act on the orders from him that they want to act on or can be forced to act on.

Trump says a lot of things so I'll believe it when I see it.
    Then you should stop doing this:

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Right here in this thread.
    So you have no proof. Understood

Yes he does, they only act on the orders from him that they want to act on or can be forced to act on.
    Make something else up.

Then you should stop doing this:
    I have a better idea, why don't you stop with this he's bringing troops home and when it doesn't happen it's not his fault, garbage. You're about as believable as Trump.
    Last edited by tebowlives; 11-10-2020 at 02:07 AM.

So you have no proof. Understood
    You can't read?

The U.S. military is reducing troops in Afghanistan from 8,600 to about 4,500 by early November, the head of U.S Central Command said Wednesday, hours after he announced the withdrawal of more service members from Iraq this month.  

More at: https://www.voanews.com/usa/centcom-...ghanistan-4500

Make something else up.
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    You can do better than that.

I have a better idea, why don't you stop with this he's bringing troops home and when it doesn't happen it's not his fault, garbage. You're about as believable as Trump.
    It's a fact, he is bringing them home and he couldn't do it any faster.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

You can't read?
    You can't stop playing your juvenile made up gotcha games?

The U.S. military is reducing troops in Afghanistan from 8,600 to about 4,500 by early November, the head of U.S Central Command said Wednesday, hours after he announced the withdrawal of more service members from Iraq this month.  

More at: https://www.voanews.com/usa/centcom-...ghanistan-4500
    Yes Iraq is looking good in comparison. But wtf does that have to do with Afghanistan?

When it happens then I'll believe it. I understand the exact troop levels are an estimate for security reasons but all I've read is "it's going to happen". Not it has happened.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    You can do better than that.
    No proof. But Trump said he would and that means what again? Believe all Presidents????

It's a fact, he is bringing them home and he couldn't do it any faster.
    Of course he could have done it faster. Like not sending in more troops at the beginning of his term because he's not grounded in policy. In the end, it's about money with him which isn't a bad thing.

Hopefully it does happen but I have my doubts. It would be good for you too since your arms wont be so tired from carrying Trumps water around

You can't stop playing your juvenile made up gotcha games?
    When you quit lying.

Yes Iraq is looking good in comparison. But wtf does that have to do with Afghanistan?
    You CAN'T read.
    IT IS SAYS AFGHANISTAN.
    The U.S. military is reducing troops in Afghanistan from 8,600 to about 4,500 by early November, the head of U.S Central Command said Wednesday
    When it happens then I'll believe it. I understand the exact troop levels are an estimate for security reasons but all I've read is "it's going to happen". Not it has happened.
    Again you can't read, they gave an exact number for how many were left when that article was written and it was far lower than before, it HAS ALREADY HAPPENED, most of the troops are gone and the rest are set to leave, they will all be gone by spring at the latest.

No proof. But Trump said he would and that means what again? Believe all Presidents????
    Maybe you can't do better than this.

Of course he could have done it faster. Like not sending in more troops at the beginning of his term because he's not grounded in policy. In the end, it's about money with him which isn't a bad thing.
    No, he had to show that he tried to win before he "gave up" and left, political considerations exist whether you ignore them or not, he needs public support and the support of Republicans in Congress.

Hopefully it does happen but I have my doubts. It would be good for you too since your arms wont be so tired from carrying Trumps water around
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

It is happening, there is no doubt, only denial.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    When you quit lying.
    I'm not the one lying here you little pussy.

You CAN'T read.
    IT IS SAYS AFGHANISTAN.
    I CAN READ. YOU BOUGHT UP IRAQ AND THAT IS WHAT I CALLED YOU OUT ON YOU. it's a pussy move to claim otherwise

Again you can't read, they gave an exact number for how many were left when that article was written and it was far lower than before, it HAS ALREADY HAPPENED, most of the troops are gone and the rest are set to leave, they will all be gone by spring at the latest.
    Again with your deceitful statements. By the end of the year or the spring? Make up your mind.

I can hear your excuse now, "well if he would have won he would have gotten them out in the spring."

If he was grounded in policy he would have never sent more troops over there in the first place.

Maybe you can't do better than this.
    Because Trump can't keep his word and is easily misled because he isn't grounded in policy.

No, he had to show that he tried to win before he "gave up" and left, political considerations exist whether you ignore them or not, he needs public support and the support of Republicans in Congress.
    Make some more crap up and put it on toast if you want to choke it down.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

It is happening, there is no doubt, only denial.
    Some have been taken out. It could happen. I'll believe it when it finally happens. But that's only because Trump has broken his word too much.

I'm not the one lying here you little pussy.
    Said the liar.

I CAN READ. YOU BOUGHT UP IRAQ AND THAT IS WHAT I CALLED YOU OUT ON YOU. it's a pussy move to claim otherwise
    WRONG, you are the only one who brought up Iraq.

Again with your deceitful statements. By the end of the year or the spring? Make up your mind.
    I say they will be home by Christmas like Trump said, the last word from the Pentagon was next spring, it doesn't make any difference for what we are talking about.

I can hear your excuse now, "well if he would have won he would have gotten them out in the spring."
    He has won and they will be home by Christmas.

If he was grounded in policy he would have never sent more troops over there in the first place.
    He actually has to deal with politics if he wants to get anything done.

Because Trump can't keep his word and is easily misled because he isn't grounded in policy.
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Make some more crap up and put it on toast if you want to choke it down.
    This is why people like you never win or get anything done. (except for those who are enemy trolls whose only goal is to spread lies and keep people like Trump from winning or getting anything done)

Some have been taken out. It could happen. I'll believe it when it finally happens. But that's only because Trump has broken his word too much.
    You can't put it in the past tense, it is HAPPENING currently, you can say something if it stops or reverses.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Said the liar.
    Said the lying pussy

WRONG, you are the only one who brought up Iraq.
    Sigh... I quoted your post that you copied and pasted. Own it copy and paste boy.

I say they will be home by Christmas like Trump said, the last word from the Pentagon was next spring, it doesn't make any difference for what we are talking about.
    True. Except if Biden decides to stay.

He has won and they will be home by Christmas.
    I don't have your confidence on this.

He actually has to deal with politics if he wants to get anything done.
    Disagree. Policy first.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

This is why people like you never win or get anything done. (except for those who are enemy trolls whose only goal is to spread lies and keep people like Trump from winning or getting anything done)
    lol I'm not trying to stop Trump. You're a medicated side show freak.

You can't put it in the past tense, it is HAPPENING currently, you can say something if it stops or reverses.
    Fair enough. It is trending that way. But like I said, he breaks his word too much.

Here's a novel take on Afghan troop numbers: why should we care?

If the goal is to reduce the cost to the US taxpayer, then whether there are 10,000 or 5,000 or 500 makes virtually no difference, and whatever savings there may be are overshadowed by the hundreds of billions in increased military spending overall. If the goal is to prevent US casualties, same thing: the active phase of the war where there were significant casualties is long over.

The idea that this administration represents some watershed moment in US foreign policy because it slightly reduced the leftover police force in Afghanistan is ludicrous. All the big problems of recent decades remain or have gotten worse: vastly excessive military spending, risk of war with Iran, risk of war with China, risk of war with North Korea.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast