Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ted Cruz: "Golan Heights are part of Israel's sovereign territory"

Ted Cruz: "Golan Heights are part of Israel's sovereign territory"

Ted Cruz: "Golan Heights are part of Israel's sovereign territory":

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has spoken: The Golan Heights are not for sale.

“The time has come after 40 years for the international community to finally recognize that the Golan Heights will remain forever under Israeli sovereignty,” he said. Whatever the outcome of the peace talks, he added, “the border will not change.”

In other words, all parties participating in the Geneva talks can go home.

Netanyahu made the above remarks before a cabinet meeting near the Syrian border on Sunday. It was a day after he met with U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry and told the American official that Syria will never return to its pre-war state, before it became a terrorist haven. Hence, the need to keep Golan Heights under Israeli control.

Israel acquired the Golan Heights during the 1967 Six-Day War and annexed the territory in 1981, expanding Israel civil law into the territory. Yet, many international players, including the U.S., have refused to recognize it as Israeli property.

Shortly after Netanyahu made his bold statement, Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz applauded him, saying in a new statement:

"Today, the government of Israel reiterated the reality that the Golan Heights are part of Israel's sovereign territory. Given the presence of hostile terrorist organizations ranging from ISIS to Hezbollah on Israel's northern border, it is foolhardy and dangerous for elements in the international community to try to pressure Israel to abandon the Golan to the chaos engulfing Syria. The path to peace cannot involve Israel's abdication of its own security. I applaud Prime Minister Netanyahu's courage in standing up for the safety of his people. America stands with you."

The Syrian government has a much different view than Netanyahu and Cruz. Deputy Foreign Minister Faisal Mekdad, for instance, insisted Syria will retake the region by force if they have to.

http://beta.townhall.com/tipsheet/co...ights-n2150249
    Last edited by charrob; 04-19-2016 at 01:40 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Just when I thought I couldnt hate Cruz more than I already do.

Its a race to the bottom with no clear winner.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

Israel co-operating with Isis and al-Qaeda in Golan Heights says Syrian chief negotiator

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/israel-coop...m_campaign=rss

Israel Actively “Cooperates” with the Islamic State and Al Qaeda. Military Aid Channelled into Syria out of the Golan Heights

http://www.globalresearch.ca/israel-...eights/5520697

Israel....our "best" ally. What a joke

Technically he is right. The Golan Heights are under Israeli sovereignty and have been since they extended their laws unto it back in the 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Does Rafael Cruz know that Israel and NY have many shared values?

lol, is that a real cover?
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Does Rafael Cruz know that Israel and NY have many shared values?

Of course he does, but he also knows one is popular with the GOP base, while the other is not.

What's wrong with saying this?

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    What's wrong with saying this?
    What's wrong with saying that some races are more chosen/supremacist than others?

That's the basis underneath Rafael's zionist dogmatic views.

Quote Originally Posted by openfire View Post
    Israel co-operating with Isis and al-Qaeda in Golan Heights says Syrian chief negotiator

Russian forces in Syria fired on Israeli aircraft: Israeli newspaper
    Reuters
    April 22, 2016

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/kremlin-de...102524841.html

What's wrong with saying that some races are more chosen/supremacist than others?
    No. What's wrong with saying that that Golan Heights is part of Israel?

No. What's wrong with saying that that Golan Heights is part of Israel?
    Because Golan Heights arent part of Israel? and the fact that Bibi suggested that Golan Heights would forever with Israel is just far far fetched.
    This would only give more excuses to Israel so they could expand elsewhere.

And some people say that reptilians secretly control the world.
    Stop believing stupid things

none of our $#@!ing business.
    "America stands with you."
    I don't stand with benny. what a joke.

amash 2020*
    *igoring Cruz 2016 endoresemnt
    Seattle Sounders 2016 MLS Cup Champions 2019 MLS Cup Champions 2022 CONCACAF Champions League - and the [un]official football club of RPF

just a libertarian - no caucus

Quote Originally Posted by Tywysog Cymru View Post
    And some people say that reptilians secretly control the world.
    Israel has opened its borders with Syria in order to provide medical treatment to Nusra Front and al-Qaida fighters wounded in the ongoing civil war, according to The Wall Street Journal.

The prominent American newspaper reported that Nusra Front, the Sunni Muslim al-Qaida offshoot which is currently fighting the Iranian-backed axis of Bashar Assad and Hezbollah, "hasn't bothered Israel since seizing the border area last summer" along the Golan Heights.
    The Wall Street Journal quoted "an Israeli military official" who said that most of those treated were armed rebels fighting the regime.
    http://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Rep...vil-war-393862

Sounds like cooperation to me.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Because Golan Heights arent part of Israel?
    That's news to me. They were part of Israel when I was there in 1999. Has that changed recently?

That's news to me. They were part of Israel when I was there in 1999. Has that changed recently?
    Thats because Israel has fought Syria over them.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Thats because Israel has fought Syria over them.
    How is that relevant?
    Last edited by erowe1; 04-23-2016 at 01:53 PM.

How is that relevant?
    Because it's "disputed" territory, much like other areas of Israeli occupied land.

Because it's "disputed" territory, much like other areas of Israeli occupied land.
    I don't see how that is relevant either. Anyone can dispute anything. We can all dispute that our own properties are within the jurisdictions of the local, state, and federal governments that rule over them. But disputing it won't change the fact that they do.

Some nation-states don't recognize Israel at all (as far as I know, only some Muslim countries and North Korea don't). But of those that do, do any not recognize the Golan Heights as part of its territory?

Some nation-states don't recognize Israel at all (as far as I know, only some Muslim countries and North Korea don't). But of those that do, do any not recognize the Golan Heights as part of its territory?
    Most, including the USA.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Does not matter , they are not giving the heights back to anyone.I will bet two dollars .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Does not matter , they are not giving the heights back to anyone.I will bet two dollars .
    I bet they're looking for more real estate soon.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I had not even thought about that , but I feel pretty certain they are not wanting to give back anything .....

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I had not even thought about that , but I feel pretty certain they are not wanting to give back anything .....

His advisors told him to talk about this?

There's some nice oil deposits there:
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genie_Energy

The Jerusalem Post
    'With Syria in pieces, it’s time to recognize Israel’s annexation of the Golan'

By Seth J. Frantzman

April 20, 2017 00:09

If this is confirmed, that may validate past claims about gameplan of DGP's political slave owners.

Reminded of this old post:

ISIS and Israel attack Syrian Army

Originally Posted by VIDEODROME

They want the Golan Heights?
    11-19-2015, 04:29 AM

Could be.

Related

ISIS's Rise Choreographed in Israel

ISIS and Israel to attack Hezbullah in Lebanon

ISIS = RM 2.0

TSA Agent "Screening" Young Boy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQfyMl8vcVw

Obama Years - A Dark Chapter In World History

James Woods on Obama: He’s the ‘gift from hell that keeps on giving’
    The Washington Times Thursday, September 12, 2013
    The latest came this week, in response to a report from British press that revealed the National Security Agency commonly provides Israel with intelligence data — without first stripping out private and personal information on American citizens. The Guardian in London reported the item, the latest in its coverage of document leaks from Edward Snowden.
    Mr. Woods unleashed his views of the matter — and of Mr. Obama's role in allowing the practice to occur — on Twitter.
    He wrote: "Report: Data on Americans shared with Israel ... Obama: the gift from hell that keeps on giving."

Anybody that doesn't believe the Golan Heights are part of Israel can get the hell out.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

So that explains why Cruz went from "The U.S. should not be Al Qaeda's air force" when Obama wanted to bomb Syria to "Well it's about time" when Trump bombed Syria.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic