Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WA - Man gets his firearms seized after posting "Joker" photo

Exclamation WA - Man gets his firearms seized after posting "Joker" photo

Police Seize Washington Man's Guns Using Red Flag Laws Over Satirical 'Joker' Meme

http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=60798

Chris Menahan InformationLiberation Oct. 09, 2019

Police Seize Washington Man's Guns Using Red Flag Laws Over Satirical 'Joker' Meme

A 23-year-old Washington man had all of his guns seized under red flag laws last week over a "one ticket for joker please" meme he shared on Twitter as a joke.

In the run up to the Joker movie's release, many people shared satirical memes of people holding guns with the text "one ticket to joker please."

As Know Your Meme notes:

Tickets to Joker, Please is a phrasal template used to caption photographs of people the meme's author believes to be the stereotypical audience for the 2019 comic book film Joker. These images generally showcase men in fedoras, infamous mass shooters and depictions of internet trolls.
    The funniest ones were the memes with people holding guns, though they appear to have all been deleted for being too edgy.

Officials seized several guns from a 23-year-old Redmond man after he made "concerning Twitter posts posing with weapons and referencing the Joker movie," police said.

Six guns, including multiple semiautomatic assault rifles, were removed from his home Oct. 1 as part of an Extreme Risk Protection Order filed by the Redmond Police Department. A protection order allows law enforcement, family members and household members to file petitions to take away gun rights from people who are threats to themselves or others.

He does have a concealed permit license issued in May for two handguns, but his license has since been revoked.

The man claimed that the posts were a joke, but police still plan to seek a full protection order which if approved, would keep guns out of his hands for a full year.

Police became aware of the posts last week when notified by the Seattle Police Department's Criminal Intelligence Unit.

Police searched his entire Twitter history and found a few posts from 2017 devoid of context with him incel-posting about hating women and used that to bolster their case.

Officials found other posts where the man claimed to be an incel, which is short for involuntary celibate, and posts that illustrated a "history of violent and disturbing social media threats directed towards women," documents said.

"[The man's] threats of recent mass violence coupled with a history of prior threats to harm and kill women, demonstrate that [he] is a risk to public safety if he is allowed to continue to purchase, possess or access firearms," the ERPO petition read.

Every indicator suggests those posts were also jokes.

"Kill all men" was a very popular hashtag in the past before Twitter started cracking down on it more recently. Nobody had any of their rights taken away for tweeting it.

There's a reason that for over two centuries we gave people the presumption of innocence and required a trial and a conviction to take away someone's rights. That's all been flipped on its head due to red flag laws and pre-crime hysteria and now police are seizing people's guns over memes they don't get.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What is the point of owning firearms if you simply let the government take them at will?

Ben Shapiro looks like he is 5 years old in this photo, lol..

https://twitter.com/coherentstates/s...F%3Fid%3D60798
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

He should have refused to have his guns taken away.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Washington state passed their red flag law in 2016 but according to the info I've been able to dig up it was almost never used until last year. Earlier this year they amended the law to enable them to use it to attempt to prevent "hate-fueled" killings. They're aiming at white supremacists, they claim. Best not post any ethnic jokes if you live in WA, methinks.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

What is the Joker Meme, I have no idea the origin or essence of posting something like; 'two tickets to joker' , I
    assume it's a movie or something , but ....wut and sounds like Wa and Ca should secede ..... today.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    What is the Joker Meme, I have no idea the origin or essence of posting something like; 'two tickets to joker' , I
    assume it's a movie or something , but ....wut and sounds like Wa and Ca should secede ..... today.
    Here is a review for Joker from my favorite movie critic, the Critical Drinker.

https://youtu.be/viQXE1QMfVg

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    What is the point of owning firearms if you simply let the government take them at will?
    None.

They might as well be a bunch of fishing sinkers.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Washington state passed their red flag law in 2016 but according to the info I've been able to dig up it was almost never used until last year. Earlier this year they amended the law to enable them to use it to attempt to prevent "hate-fueled" killings. They're aiming at white supremacists, they claim. Best not post any ethnic jokes if you live in WA, methinks.
    I do, and $#@! em. Besides, it won't be long until killing people who won't give up their guns is commonplace. Copsuckers will be creaming their jeans and Trump will be praising them from the oval office.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    I do, and $#@! em. Besides, it won't be long until killing people who won't give up their guns is commonplace. Copsuckers will be creaming their jeans and Trump will be praising them from the oval office.
    No. I don't think it will become commonplace. It just might get to the point that being a cop is in the top ten most dangerous jobs. John Joe Gray is an American hero. There will be others. And at some point American Patriots will descend on the enforcers of someone being besieged just like they did the Bundy's. And the message will be sent.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    No. I don't think it will become commonplace. It just might get to the point that being a cop is in the top ten most dangerous jobs. John Joe Gray is an American hero. There will be others. And at some point American Patriots will descend on the enforcers of someone being besieged just like they did the Bundy's. And the message will be sent.
    Ya, I don't think so. Because these laws are going to spread across the country like a $#@!ing plague with Trump cheerleading. How many DC critters are openly and vociferously against this? Sure a couple cops are going to get killed, all that's going to do is put their massively attended funerals on cable news.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Ya, I don't think so. Because these laws are going to spread across the country like a $#@!ing plague with Trump cheerleading. How many DC critters are openly and vociferously against this? Sure a couple cops are going to get killed, all that's going to do is put their massively attended funerals on cable news.
    Oh, these laws WILL spread like wildfire. I believe we will see Federal legislation. Trump cheerleads it and DC critters openly push it.

None of these things foretell the end result. Just the opening gambit.

I'm pretty confused by this myself. This is the first time I'm even hearing about this meme.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

The movie is accused of attracting white incels (a/k/a involuntarily celibate), and there was some sort of warning about potential shootings. The joke is to post about the sort of people going to see Joker, and can be derogatory or otherwise.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    The movie is accused of attracting white incels (a/k/a involuntarily celibate), and there was some sort of warning about potential shootings. The joke is to post about the sort of people going to see Joker, and can be derogatory or otherwise.
    Thanks,
    Given this/your description, I can't see a strong enough tie to even suggest the taking of someone's weapons.
    This Joker 'thing' deserves a lot more background and dissection/clarity , though it doesn't look like
    the type of movie I'd willingly sit through.
    Last edited by Stratovarious; 10-10-2019 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    I'm pretty confused by this myself. This is the first time I'm even hearing about this meme.
    I just looked up the release date, it was this year, so I now know that much..haha......

You know this joker image or similar has been used/displayed for years, I never followed exactly what
    the different reasons for showing it were, now though I guess its entirely about whatever the hell the
    movie is supposed to represent and engender/evoke etc........

The world is producing way too much 'inverted reality' these days.

Amendment 4
    - Protection from Unreasonable Searches and Seizures

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects against unreasonable searches and seizures shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched and the persons or things to be seized.

Amendment 5
    - Protection of Rights to Life, Liberty, and Property

No person shall be held to answer for a capital or otherwise infamous crime unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service in time of war or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use without just compensation.

Amendment 6
    - Rights of Accused Persons in Criminal Cases

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial by an impartial jury of the state and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor; and to have the assistance of counsel for his defense.

Amendment 7
    - Rights in Civil Cases

In suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury shall be otherwise reexamined in any court of the United States than according to the rules of the common law.

Amendment 8
    - Excessive Bail, Fines, and Punishments Forbidden

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.
    Where is Nancy Pelosi defending the Constitution and the sanctity of the Bill of Rights?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Where is Nancy Pelosi defending the Constitution and the sanctity of the Bill of Rights?

Here's a better question; Where the $#@! are Donald Trump and Republican lawmakers, you know, our supposed ALLIES, "defending the Constitution and the sanctity of the Bill if Rights?" Oh, that's right. They're too busy SUPPORTING red flag laws.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Here's a better question; Where the $#@! are Donald Trump and Republican lawmakers, you know, our supposed ALLIES, "defending the Constitution and the sanctity of the Bill if Rights?" Oh, that's right. They're too busy SUPPORTING red flag laws.
    You seemed to take that comment personally. Nancy Pelosi has been referencing the Constitution a lot lately.

I doubt Trump has read the Constitution. But Thomas Massie has. There are probably a few others that support the 2nd Amendment. Rand Paul does.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

You seemed to take that comment personally. Nancy Pelosi has been referencing the Constitution a lot lately.

I doubt Trump has read the Constitution. But Thomas Massie has. There are probably a few others that support the 2nd Amendment. Rand Paul does.

Nancy Pelosi is a known gun grabbing hypocrite. Nancy Pelosi will likely always be a gun grabbing hypocrite. Reminding us of these facts is about as relevant and useful as reminding us that water is wet. Sure it might be fun to indulge in our Two Minutes Hate occasionally but, given that at the moment we're quite literally under the gun on this issue, don't you think that maybe our time, energy and other scarce resources might be more effective directed at those we may still have some hope of influencing, and thus producing a more positive outcome? After all, we'll probably never change Pelosi's mind, but holding Trump's and the back-stabbing Republicans' feet to the fire at least has a small hope of doing some good.
    Last edited by CCTelander; 10-10-2019 at 01:54 PM.
    Chris

Thanks,
    Give this/your description, I can't see a strong enough tie to even suggest the taking of someone's weapons.
    This Joker 'thing' deserves a lot more background and dissection/clarity , though it doesn't look like
    the type of movie I'd willingly sit through.
    Absolutely. My interpretation was that he was mocking the incel shooter warning by posting that photo, while simultaneously jumping on the "tickets to Joker" meme. It's ridiculous.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Out of rep
    "The Patriarch"

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nancy Pelosi is a known gun grabbing hypocrite. Nancy Pelosi will likely always be a gun grabbing hypocrite. Reminding us of these facts is about as relevant and useful as reminding us that water is wet. Sure it might be fun to indulge in our Two Minutes Hate occasionally but, given that at the moment we're quite literally under the gun on this issue, don't you think that maybe our time, energy and other scarce resources might be more effective directed at those we may still have some hope of influencing, and thus producing a more positive outcome? After all, we'll probably never change Pelosi's mind, but holding Trump's and the back-stabbing Republicans' feet to the fire at least has a small hope of doing some good.
    The majority of my post was the Bill of Rights. And a line pointing out the hypocrisy. The example was Pelosi, but it could have been McConnell. That’s beside the point.

If time is so precious, you didn’t even need to reply to it. You are still grinding that ax.

What activism do you suggest? Have any good 2nd Amendment supporting candidates to support in the upcoming election? Should we donate to the NRA? The GOA? I’m open to suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    Absolutely. My interpretation was that he was mocking the incel shooter warning by posting that photo, while simultaneously jumping on the "tickets to Joker" meme. It's ridiculous.
    Maybe this is the part of the picture that I didn't know about and ties it all together;
    '' ...that he was mocking the incel shooter (&) warning by posting that photo...''

That picture he posted sure didn't look like anything more (to me) than an attempt at humor.

Pelosi talking about the Constitution and the Bill of Rights is the equivalent of the Devil talking about the Bible and scripture.

Calvin Coolidge

...Nancy Pelosi has been referencing the Constitution a lot lately.
    ....and Obama was supposedly a Constitutional scholar/professor that spent 24/7 dreaming up ways to
    crush it, much like Pelosi.

Trump though is so far under the bus with me its not funny , with his attacks on our Bill of Rights and
    boot licking of Israel, and of course ignoring their war crimes.
    I sure hope Israel is somehow so vitally important to our security (proximity to Russia Nuc capabilities) ,
    that there is a justification for looking the other way, I'm thinking NOT , but who can say for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Pelosi talking about the Constitution and the Bill of Rights is the equivalent of the Devil talking about the Bible and scripture.
    That's pretty much the point...Beelzebub can quote scripture like a Holy Roller.

I, for one, will not 'surrender' any firearms. Not a single one.

In this day and age that means that I am a non-compliant, unlawful, individual.

Worthy of being 'red-flagged.'

After all, if I'm not willing to surrender a right, when the law DEMANDS I do, then I'm an outlaw.

So be it. See you in the obituaries.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast