Thread: Gary Johnson having some lighthearted fun on Morning Joe

Gary Johnson having some lighthearted fun on Morning Joe

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...nbc-interview/

In an interview with MSNBC's Kasie Hunt, Johnson tried a fresh response to the question of how a debate berth would allow him to actually win the election.

“It wouldn’t have anything to do with my debate performance," said Johnson, who then stuck his tongue through his teeth. "I think I could stand up there for the whole debate and not say anything, and emerge as the leader."

"He was just having fun," explained Johnson spokesman John LaBeaume. "Lighthearted."
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    wow what a weirdo! let's vote for the guy who makes fun of disabled people, disparages women, talks about the size of his penis on national television, and has implied he'd $#@! his daughter if she wasn't his daughter

Awkward. I guess Johnson doesn't know how to start good controversy.

This is just a guess, but I think he'd have gotten more and better media by open carrying at a campaign event... There's a hundred other things to think of that would have caused enough controversy for the media to pay attention to his campaign. Sticking out his tongue is not one of them.
    "I am a bird"

LOL @Influenza. I don't vote, okay? So get a hold of yourself. I swear, Trump lives rent-free in so many heads! He's all they can talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Awkward. I guess Johnson doesn't know how to start good controversy.

This is just a guess, but I think he'd have gotten more and better media by open carrying at a campaign event... There's a hundred other things to think of that would have caused enough controversy for the media to pay attention to his campaign. Sticking out his tongue is not one of them.
    That would have been much better! DH thought he was trying to flirt with her, and failed utterly. Dude's got zero game.

He was bad enough, but when he tossed Petersen's gift to him-his "prized" flintlock pistol-in the trash, I lost what little respect I had for him. What an ill-mannered baby. If he had any class, he would have thanked him for the incredible gesture and refused it rather than accept it and throw it in the garbage.

http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/gu...ng-nomination/

Maybe he lost too many brain cells climbing Everest, an insane thing to do IMO.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    when he tossed Petersen's gift to him-his "prized" flintlock pistol-in the trash, I lost what little respect I had for him. What an ill-mannered baby. If he had any class, he would have thanked him for the incredible gesture and refused it rather than accept it and throw it in the garbage.
    He accepted the gun when Austin Petersen offered it to him in Petersen's concession speech. Then Petersen said he wouldn't support Weld, and that's when Gary threw the gun away. It's not as if Gary accepted the gun purposely just to throw it in the trash.

Maybe he lost too many brain cells climbing Everest, an insane thing to do IMO.
    I think climbing Mount Everest, and the six other highest peaks on each continent, is an admirable feat. I'd like a president who does things like that. There's a lot to admire about self-starter, bootstrap people.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ Liberty View Post
    He accepted the gun when Austin Petersen offered it to him in Petersen's concession speech. Then Petersen said he wouldn't support Weld, and that's when Gary threw the gun away. It's not as if Gary accepted the gun purposely just to throw it in the trash.

I think climbing Mount Everest, and the six other highest peaks on each continent, is an admirable feat. I'd like a president who does things like that. There's a lot to admire about self-starter, bootstrap people.
    Oh well then! I guess that's different...NOT. He still threw it in the trash. He should have given it back to Austin as soon as he started ripping (rightly so) on Weld. The man has no class.

YMMV on the Everest madness.
    --Albert J. Nock

I'm glad I'm not a Libertarian, this guy is an embarrassment. They should have just gone ahead and nominated the strip on stage guy.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ Liberty View Post
    Didn't we figure out it was a cheap souvenir tchotchke?
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I'm glad I'm not a Libertarian, this guy is an embarrassment. They should have just gone ahead and nominated the strip on stage guy.
    What is the crazy red headed guys name ?

Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post
    Didn't we figure out it was a cheap souvenir tchotchke?
    Yes, it was definitely a replica.

Honestly, Peterson had it coming. He publicly endorsed Gary, gave him the gun, and then immediately told the world he stood against Gary's VP choice.

While he had every right to do so, it's an insulting thing to do to your party's standard-bearer.

It was super creepy because the woman was a serious interviewer on a park bench & attractive.

If it was Rosie O'Donnell on comedy skit or something he should have punched her in the face.
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.