Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Guns Save Lives - Reports of citizens using guns to stop crime

Guns Save Lives - Reports of citizens using guns to stop crime

Post them here.

Hat tip @jmdrake

ETA - And remember, this is not limited to bad guys actually getting shot.

More often than not and hundreds of thousands of times every year, just the presence of an armed good guy is enough to thwart a crime about to take place.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 05-29-2022 at 05:44 PM.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Woman with Pistol Stops Man Firing at Graduation Party Crowd with AR-15

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...n-with-pistol/

AWR HAWKINS 27 May 2022

An alleged attacker with an AR-15 was shot dead in Charleston, West Virginia, Wednesday night by a woman who was carrying a pistol for self-defense.

Dennis Butler was armed with an AR-15 and allegedly shot “at dozens of people attending a graduation party,” WCHSTV reported.

Police indicate a woman pulled a pistol and shot Butler, killing him.

Charleston Police Department Chief of Detectives Tony Hazelett said, “Instead of running from the threat, she engaged with the threat and saved several lives last night.”

Butler was 37-years-old, the Washington Post noted. The woman who shot him dead waited afterward for police and was cooperative when they arrived.

None of the graduation party attendees were harmed.

I guess I'm too lazy to scour the internet for stories this morning so . . .

https://www.youtube.com/c/ActiveSelfProtection

In any case, I point out to my 2nd Amendment peeps that if you don't exercise your rights, you will lose them.

GA just passed constitutional carry last month and I have to wonder if it made much difference in the number of folks who carry. Those who would take advantage of it likely had a CWP and were already carrying prior to the law change. Those who are irrationally fearful of their own right to keep and bear arms are still going to avoid it like the plague.

Certainly most liberals in highly-populated areas where crimes are most likely to happen aren't going to be carrying. So they'll never experience the right of self-defense first hand and are not likely to change their views or cease calls for gun control..

Chattanooga, TN just saw 6 people shot last night.

Sorry for veering off topic. Just wanted to say that passing a law that "gives back" the right to keep and bear arms doesn't do a damn bit of good if no one exercises it. We don't need gun collectors. we need gun carriers, to prevent these mass shootings from happening.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 05-29-2022 at 06:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Let's make sure we send these stories to our liberal friends to hopefully convince them of the error of their ways.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Let's make sure we send these stories to our liberal friends to hopefully convince them of the error of their ways.
    me waiting on liberals to wake up:

This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...aw-killed.html
    Surveillance footage shows gunman, 27, entering Louisiana gun store before mass shooting where he was killed by customers in gunfight that also left a woman and store clerk dead
    Surveillance footage has been released that shows the sequence of events that led up to the shootings and the deaths of the store owner and a customer
    Joshua Jamal Williams, 27, walked into Jefferson Gun Outlet carrying a pistol with an extended magazine unholstered on Saturday
    When staff approached him to ask him to unload his weapon, Williams fired off a warning shot and then fatally shot 47-year-old store clerk Noah Fischbach
    Several armed patrons inside then began exchanging gunfire with Williams
    Williams was shot dead in the parking lot as he attempted to flee the scene
    Veronica Billiot, 59, was also fatally shot in the doorway of the store, police said
    Two others were injured the hail of gunfire, one of whom was Williams’ brother
    By LUKE KENTON and JAMES GORDON FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 19:09 EDT, 22 February 2021 | UPDATED: 08:01 EDT, 23 February 2021

shares

View comments
    Three people including alleged shooter Joshua Jamal Williams were killed during the shooting
    Three people including alleged shooter Joshua Jamal Williams were killed during the shooting

Chilling footage has been released by police in Louisiana that shows how a 27-year-old New Orleans man opened fire several times inside a Louisiana gun store Saturday afternoon before being shot dead himself.

Joshua Jamal Williams was captured on surveillance footage walking into Jefferson Gun Outlet – a store and indoor shooting range - in Metairie on Saturday.

Upon walking inside the shop he was asked to unload his weapon, a pistol with an extended magazine unholstered.

Instead, Williams fired off a warning shot and then fatally shot 47-year-old store clerk Noah Fischbach.

Williams than ran back outside for around eight seconds before re-entering the shop where he engaged in a firefight with several armed patrons inside the gun outlet.

And.....the mom defended the killer who was killed.

https://heavy.com/news/joshua-jamal-williams/
    Williams’ mom defended her son on Facebook, saying he was “murdered” and was not looking for a fight at the gun outlet that day.

“My son did not go into that gun range shooting!” she wrote on Facebook, according to Nola.com.

She added: “Joshua … was fired at by … employees of the gun range and other folks in the gun range! He was murdered! (Rest in peace) my love, you will be forever in my heart!”

Dude was on video shooting two innocent people in cold blood.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/12-year-al...ry?id=75877809
    12-year-old allegedly shot and killed home intruder during armed robbery
    A 73-year-old resident was also shot by the masked intruders, police said.

ByMeredith Deliso
    February 13, 2021, 3:11 PM

Catch up on the developing stories making headlines.
    A 12-year-old allegedly shot and killed a home intruder during an armed robbery early Saturday in North Carolina, police said.

A resident of the apartment was also shot by the masked intruders during the incident, according to the Goldsboro Police Department.

Officers responding to a report of a shooting at the apartment shortly before 1 a.m. found one of the residents, a 73-year-old woman, suffering from an apparent gunshot wound, police said.

PHOTO: The S. Williams St., North Carolina neighborhood in which a 12 year old is alleged to have shot a home intruder, is seen in an 2021 file photo.
    The S. Williams St., North Carolina neighborhood in which a 12 year old is alleged to have shot a home intruder, is seen in an 2021 file photo.
    Google Earth
    A second person suffering from an apparent gunshot wound was found at an intersection half a block from the apartment, police said. He was identified by police as Khalil Herring, 19, of Goldsboro.

Both shooting victims were brought to a local hospital, where Herring died from his injuries, according to police. The 73-year-old victim was treated for non-life-threatening injuries and is in stable condition, police said.

The 12-year-old, described by police as an occupant of the residence, then allegedly shot at the suspects in self-defense, "causing them to flee the area," the department said.

Charges against the juvenile shooter are not anticipated, the department said.

It is unclear what the relationship is between the juvenile and the 73-year-old resident. The police department is not releasing any additional information about the case, a spokesperson told ABC News Saturday.

An investigation into the armed robbery and shootings is underway.

Imagine if this 12 year old had obeyed the "You can't touch a gun until you're 18" law.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    me waiting on liberals to wake up:

I used to support gun control. What woke me up was 9/11. That and then learning that it's been admitted that the FBI was behind the 1993 WTC bombing that killed 6 people. I've I can't trust the government not to kill innocent U.S. civilians and hold nobody accountable for it, then how can I trust the government to take away everybody's guns?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

I'm sure you can post hundreds of annectdotal accounts that support this view. The point you all need to get through to gun control liberals is that criminals by definition do not obey laws. You can make all the new laws you want but criminals will not follow them. They will still own guns illegally. There is no possible way to round up all the weapons currently existing the US and the ones not taken will be used by criminals. The cat is out of the bag on gun proliferation in the US and it can't be put back in. So the best defense against these school shootings is training and arming the school staff in a safe manner.

They're pulling out ALL the stops on this. Browsing YT recommendations is a minefield of the usual gun-control canards, but they're going way beyond the usual nonsense. Consider this idiotic piece put out by Trevor Noah, born and raised in another country and now moved here to the US and uses his megaphone to tell Americans what American culture really is (or really ought to be).

The Left can't meme. It's on Comedy Central but it's not even slightly funny. I don't find the kinds of jokes told by country-club Republicans funny because they're not, they're just self-congratulating BS. This piece is the Left's answer to that.

Consider how moronic this piece is -- they are contradicting not one, but TWO of their own gun-control planks:

1) Police are armed good guys, who stop the bad guys. Therefore, no one else needs a gun.

2) Only police can stop crimes, victims must never interfere with an ongoing crime even to defend themselves. Therefore, just dial 911 and wait and hope for the best.

Instead, their solution is for you to remain unarmed because you might hurt yourself or another innocent if you are not properly trained. Apparently, it's impossible for anyone but police to receive firearms training? And if an armed criminal attacks you, you should use your Jet Li skills to remove the slide from their weapon, thus rendering them unable to shoot you, and in this way, you keep yourself safe and everyone around you safe.

The point in posting this here is to highlight that they're sincerely trying to yeet the gun-control issue, to the point of sabotaging their own platform. They really think this silliness will fly. And I think we've seen some hints in how they're trying to get what they want. I was surprised when the Constitutional Carry movement began moving forward with so little political opposition but I think the Democrats were calculating that the relaxation of gun restrictions will result in a "wave of gun violence", which it hasn't. The idea is then they will have "fresh pickings" from an endless stream of mass shooting headlines made possible by the "free availability" of "assault" weapons, from which to institute a nationwide crackdown.

To quote NC Lt. Gov. Mark Robinson: "IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN."
    Last edited by ClaytonB; 05-29-2022 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Post them here.

Hat tip @jmdrake
    Note that, despite the post-911 corruption of many police departments through Federal toys, money, etc. and out-of-control up-armoring of police, and almost absolute legal immunity for police officers during work-hours, there are still good cops out there and they're still citizens. So when a good cop uses a gun to stop a bad guy, that is a citizen using a gun to stop crime. And there are as many as a million such incidents every year.
    Last edited by ClaytonB; 05-29-2022 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    I'm sure you can post hundreds of annectdotal accounts that support this view. The point you all need to get through to gun control liberals is that criminals by definition do not obey laws.
    You do not need to get anything at all through to gun grabbers (other than that you will not comply - i.e., "molṑn labé"). There is no point in even trying. They are bad-faith actors who care only about gaining and maintaining control over other people - which is precisely why they want everyone (except their own agents) to be disarmed. Nothing you might possibly say can make any difference to them (or their "useful idiot" dupes). All their wailing and gnashing of teeth over "the children" and the like is just cynical and exploitative opportunism.

The point of spreading anti-gun-grabber arguments and stories (such as anecdotes about successful acts of self-defense and the defense of others) is not to "get through to gun control liberals". It is to "get through" to those who are not already "gun control liberals" and impress upon them the dangers, inequities, and injustices of gun control. It is also to bolster and energize the spirit of opposition among those who are already opposed to the gun grabbers, lest they become disheartened and defeatist, rather than determined and defiant.

There is no possible way to round up all the weapons currently existing the US and the ones not taken will be used by criminals. The cat is out of the bag on gun proliferation in the US and it can't be put back in.
    There are more than enough present gun owners in America that the battle over gun control is heavily asymmetric. A necessary "win condition" for the gun grabbers is total, hegemonic control - but anti-gun-grabbers, on the other hand, don't actually need to control anything in order to "win". All that's needed is for enough of them to put the gun grabbers on notice that they will not comply. IOW: They just need to continue owning guns in defiance of the grabbers' wishes.

This is yet another reason why one should not waste any time arguing with gun grabbers or trying to change their minds about anything.

Just defiantly mock and summarily dismiss them - and do it publicly.

Anything else just feeds the perception that gun rights are negotiable.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    For example:

https://twitter.com/EricDJuly/status...97376969752580

https://twitter.com/Gents4Liberty/st...94569583775745

This, on the other hand, is how NOT to do it:

https://twitter.com/KenGardner11/sta...88510752145411
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 05-29-2022 at 02:00 PM.

You do not need to get anything at all through to gun grabbers (other than that you will not comply - i.e., "molṑn labé"). There is no point in even trying. They are bad-faith actors who care only about gaining and maintaining control over other people - which is precisely why they want everyone (except their own agents) to be disarmed. Nothing you might possibly say can make any difference to them (or their "useful idiot" dupes). All their wailing and gnashing of teeth over "the children" and the like is just cynical and exploitative opportunism.

The point of spreading anti-gun-grabber arguments and stories (such as anecdotes about successful acts of self-defense and the defense of others) is not to "get through to gun control liberals". It is to "get through" to those who are not already "gun control liberals" and impress upon them the dangers, inequities, and injustices of gun control. It is also to bolster and energize the spirit of opposition among those who are already opposed to the gun grabbers, lest they become disheartened and defeatist, rather than determined and defiant.

There are more than enough present gun owners in America that the battle over gun control is heavily asymmetric. A necessary "win condition" for the gun grabbers is total, hegemonic control - but anti-gun-grabbers, on the other hand, don't actually need to control anything in order to "win". All that's needed is for enough of them to put the gun grabbers on notice that they will not comply. IOW: They just need to continue owning guns in defiance of the grabbers' wishes.

This is yet another reason why one should not waste any time arguing with gun grabbers or trying to change their minds about anything.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Occam's Banana again.

For example:

https://twitter.com/EricDJuly/status...97376969752580
    This is the proper way to interact with gun grabbers:

https://twitter.com/EricDJuly/status...31516637192192

(OK, I'll stop derailing AF's thread now ... maybe ... I'll try, anyway ...)

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    On topic:

Sutherland Springs church shooting
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suther...hurch_shooting

[footnotes elided and bold emphasis added - OB]

The Sutherland Springs church shooting occurred on November 5, 2017, when Devin Patrick Kelley, age 26, of New Braunfels, Texas, perpetrated a mass shooting at the First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs, Texas. Kelley killed 26 people, including an unborn child, wounded 22 others, and killed himself. The attack is the deadliest mass shooting in Texas history, and the fifth-deadliest in the United States. It was the deadliest shooting in an American place of worship in modern history, surpassing the Charleston church shooting of 2015 and the Waddell Buddhist temple shooting of 1991.

Kelley was prohibited by law from purchasing or possessing firearms and ammunition due to a domestic violence conviction in a court-martial while in the United States Air Force. The Air Force failed to record the conviction in the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) National Crime Information Center database, which is used by the National Instant Check System to flag prohibited purchases. [...]

[...]

Kelley was [...] confronted by and traded fire with Stephen Willeford, a local resident and former NRA firearms instructor who was armed with an AR-15 semi-automatic rifle. Willeford had taken cover behind a truck across the street from the church and shot Kelley twice, once in the leg and once in the upper left torso under his tactical gear. Kelley, who had dropped his rifle during the initial firefight with Willeford, fired back with a handgun before fleeing in his Ford Expedition. Willeford fired one more round as Kelley sped north on FM 539. Willeford then noticed a pickup truck parked at the intersection of 4th St. and FM 539, driven by Johnnie Langendorff.

Willeford approached and entered Langendorff's truck on the passenger side. They then pursued Kelley at high speed for about five to seven minutes. According to Langendorff, they drove at speeds up to 95 miles per hour (155 km/h). While chasing Kelley, Langendorff called 9-1-1 and reported their location to the operator as they assumed that the police were on their way to the church.

During the chase, Kelley called his wife and spoke to her and his parents, informing them "I just shot up the Sutherland Springs church", and telling his father that he was injured and thought that he would not survive. Kelley reportedly repeatedly emphasized how sorry he was. Bleeding from his injuries, Kelley soon lost control of his vehicle, hitting a road sign before crossing a bar ditch at the Hartfield/Sandy Elm Road intersection and finally stopping about 30 feet into the field on the opposite side.

Willeford and Langendorff observed that he was motionless, and police took over the scene when they arrived. Police found Kelley dead in his car with three gunshot wounds, including a self-inflicted head wound. Two handguns were found in the vehicle: a Glock 19 9mm and a Ruger SR22 .22-caliber, both of which Kelley had purchased.

Last edited by Occam's Banana; 05-29-2022 at 04:22 PM.

I think if you do nothing you might lose. Maybe not right now, but eventually. Legal gun owners will die off from old age and the indoctrinated younger generations will take over.

This is the proper way to interact with gun grabbers:

https://twitter.com/EricDJuly/status...31516637192192

(OK, I'll stop derailing AF's thread now ... maybe ... I'll try, anyway ...)
    No problem.

Hey Brenda:

Last edited by Anti Federalist; 05-29-2022 at 05:04 PM.

I think if you do nothing you might lose.
    You always might lose, no matter what you do (or don't do). And anyway, who said anything about "doing nothing" ... ?

What I saId was "don't bother trying to persuade gun grabbers to stop grabbing guns" - because that's just not gonna happen.

Tell them to go kick rocks, instead. Mock and deride them without mercy (whether they are a US Senator or some rando on Twitter).

Arguing with them is a complete waste of time and effort. It will do nothing but reinforce the perception that the issue is debatable.

Legal gun owners will die off from old age [...]
    Then illegal gun owners will just have to take up the slack.

[...] and the indoctrinated younger generations will take over.
    Yes, that is correct. Hence, the critical importance of what AF said in the other thread:

Reason to Home School #79391

Seriously, I know a lot of people can't, their circumstances just do not permit it.

But I know many more who could, but just don't want to to, for whatever reasons.

Remove thine head from thine ass and want to.

Your child's life and mental health, on so many levels, depends on it.
    And a lot more than just your child's life and mental health is at stake:

https://twitter.com/ConceptualJames/...07546655485952

They Don't Need Your Guns If They Have Your Children
    UnWokable Mark Ousley DEI destroys the myth that DEI is not CRT using Norman Oklahoma Public School DEI "Teaching for Equity" Teacher Training
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTbhCuEBngU
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 05-29-2022 at 05:47 PM.

I think if you do nothing you might lose. Maybe not right now, but eventually. Legal gun owners will die off from old age and the indoctrinated younger generations will take over.
    Who said anything about doing nothing? Spreading the truth for those who will listen is not doing "nothing." Indoctrination is about bad information. How do you fight bad information? With more good information. Now, just posting HERE is doing nothing. These stories should be shared on other forums and with friends and family and anyone who will listen.

Here's another good one.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ke-of-shooting

Even though ^this story doesn't involve an active shooter I believe it fits the spirit of @Anti Federalist's thread in that the father is there to PREVENT an active shooting from happening.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Who said anything about doing nothing? Spreading the truth for those who will listen is not doing "nothing." Indoctrination is about bad information. How do you fight bad information? With more good information. Now, just posting HERE is doing nothing. These stories should be shared on other forums and with friends and family and anyone who will listen.

Here's another good one.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ke-of-shooting

Even though ^this story doesn't involve an active shooter I believe it fits the spirit of @Anti Federalist's thread in that the father is there to PREVENT an active shooting from happening.
    Yes it does...add it please.

If you ever wanted to hear the full story of the Sutherland Springs church attacker:

Next time someone says, "but more people with guns will turn into the wild wild west!!!" Remember that two people who didn't even know each other had the good sense to work together to stop a threat. People aren't as reckless as they think when it comes to threat assessment.
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

Yes it does...add it please.
    https://www.blackenterprise.com/a-te...ef-to-parents/

A concerned father in Killeen, Texas, is taking action into his own hands after the devastating massacre at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas. He now is standing guard at the elementary school where his wife works as a nurse and his daughter attends to ensure their last days of the school year can end safely, according to news outlet KBTX.

Ed Chelby was shaken after May 24, 2022, when 18-year-old gunman Salvador Rolando Ramos opened fire, fatally shooting nineteen students and two teachers, according to CNN.

“I can’t let this go,” said Chelby, according to the Independent. “This is just a testament to the sleeplessness caused by the grief I experienced.”

Chelby wrote an email to the Killeen Independent School District Superintendent, Dr. John Craft, requesting permission to stand outside in front of Saegert Elementary School’s main entrance for the last two days, KWTX reports.

“I humbly request to provide security services unarmed. I’ll be just in front of the school. I don’t wish to enter the school but I just want to be there for my kids. I want to be there for my wife, who is also an employee at that school,” Chelby said to KWKT.

“I SAID I WOULD JUST BE OUT THERE UNARMED TO LET PEOPLE KNOW THAT I’M WATCHING. LET THE PARENTS HAVE A LITTLE BIT OF RELIEF,” HE SAID.

Chelby has 11 years of experience in the US Army and a background in security; he is accustomed to remaining alert at a post. Killeen is located about 175 miles northwest of the Uvalde shooting; an investigation of the terrible incident is ongoing, according to the Independent.

Chelby’s volunteer paperwork was filled out, and his background check was being processed, but the school district went ahead and permitted him.

His presence at the school’s campus tempered the fears of other parents.

“I had a lot of emotional people come up to me. They didn’t want to send their kids to school. They struggled with sending their kids to school and I told them, I was like, ‘I got them,'” Chelby told KWTX.

“You don’t know if you should send your kid to school,” Chelby said, according to the Independent. “You want them to get their education and their experience of the last days of school, but you want to protect them with everything you got.”

Another parent joined Chelby, a mother by the name of Constance, told him, “I got your back,” and she assumed the post of guarding the back of the elementary school.

“Him standing in front of the school, that’s reassuring – feeling that we get to go home and see our families this summer,” said parent Samantha Longfeather-Locke.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    From Feb 2019:

Feb. 2: A restaurant owner in Akron, Ohio, scared off a masked man who attempted to rob him with a knife. The man fled, and police believe he successfully robbed a different restaurant just hours later.
    Feb. 5: A Nashville, Tennessee, woman was attacked from behind by a would-be purse thief, who proceeded to repeatedly slam the woman’s head into a wall when she resisted him. The woman’s husband heard her cries for help and came to her defense, firing his gun at the thief and causing him to flee.
    Feb. 9: When three armed men attempted to rob a Little Caesars restaurant in North Fort Myers, Florida, a patron inside pulled his own firearm to defend other customers. One suspect was shot and the other two fled.
    Feb. 12: A homeowner in Jackson County, Georgia, heard someone trying to break into her house through a window. She found a man standing outside and warned him not to come into the house. Nevertheless, the man broke the glass window, so the armed homeowner shot him.
    Feb. 13: Sullivan County, Tennessee, Sheriff Jeff Cassidy praised the actions of a concealed carry permit holder who ended a deadly domestic violence incident at a dentist’s office. The armed citizen shot and detained an active shooter who killed his wife and may have planned to harm others in the office.
    Feb. 14: An Evans, Georgia, mother shot and killed her boyfriend after he began violently assaulting the woman’s 15-year-old son during an argument.
    Feb. 16: Two masked assailants attempted to rob 35-year-old Antonio Santiago in Allentown, Pennsylvania, pepper spraying his face and “pistol whipping” him with a BB gun that appeared to be real. In an act of self-defense, Santiago grabbed his own handgun and fired at his attackers, killing one of them. Two other suspects fled, but were eventually arrested and tied to two other recent crimes in the area.
    Feb. 17: An armed good Samaritan in Daytona Beach, Florida, intervened and fired a shot to stop a knife-wielding man, who had already stabbed someone, from stabbing other people outside a convenience store.
    Feb. 20: A 79-year-old Commerce, Georgia, homeowner called 911 to report a burglary in progress after she heard someone breaking into her home. The burglar ignored her threats and came in through an upstairs window before police could arrive. The homeowner shot at the burglar, who was so scared that he hid in a closet until the police arrived.
    Feb. 24: Three armed men ambushed a Houston, Texas, couple who were walking out of their apartment complex, forcing them back inside to rob them. The boyfriend retrieved his own firearm from within the apartment and exchanged fire with the three men, injuring one of them.
    Feb. 26: The Mobile County, Alabama, Sheriff’s Office posted a Facebook video showing an armed local homeowner’s recent encounter with two would-be burglars. The burglars attempted to enter the occupied home in broad daylight, and were only deterred when the homeowner fired her handgun at them.
    Feb. 27: A group of teenage thieves entered a pawn shop in Murfreesboro, Tennessee, and tried to flee with two guns they grabbed from behind the counter. Armed store clerks chased the teens and held them at gunpoint until the police could arrive, preventing the future unlawful use of those stolen firearms. Police believe these teens are responsible for other gun thefts and may be able to take other illegally possessed guns off the streets as a result of these clerks’ actions.
    Feb. 28: Two men helped rescue a woman from a would-be kidnapper in Natchitoches Parish, Louisiana, after seeing her struggle to escape on the side of the road. After the two men stopped their car, one of them pulled out his handgun, prompting the suspect to flee. He was later apprehended and confessed to kidnapping the woman.

I would have to imagine that some less than honorable people also carry weapons and have used them to disable those even less honorable than themselves. I would think that some people that couldn't legally own a firearm, have carried a firearm and used it for good reason.

@jmdrake

Armed Citizen Defends Girlfriend, Himself by Shooting Armed Robber

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-armed-robber/

AWR HAWKINS 20 Jun 2022

An armed citizen defended his girlfriend and himself by shooting an alleged armed robber during an attempted robbery last week in Austin, Texas.

FOX News reports that the robbery suspect, 17-year-old Jaylyn Reed, was “released from juvenile detention on May 27 with an ankle monitor.”

Reed allegedly cut off the ankle monitor, then went on a robbery spree.

Austin PD indicates Reed’s alleged run-in with the armed citizen was caught on surveillance video.

Police noted that the video shows Reed exit a vehicle in which others were sitting, after which he “approached a black male victim and a black female victim.”

Reed then allegedly pulled a gun and robbed the male of a backpack.

Police observed, “Reed moved toward the getaway car while pointing his handgun at the female victim. The male victim pulled out his firearm and fired several shots at Reed and those in the Chevy Malibu in self-defense.”

FOX 7 Austin observed that Reed was shot in the leg when the armed citizen opened fire.

Police later found Reed and three others in the getaway car; all four were subsequently arrested.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    I would have to imagine that some less than honorable people also carry weapons and have used them to disable those even less honorable than themselves. I would think that some people that couldn't legally own a firearm, have carried a firearm and used it for good reason.
    I have been both.

Good guy and bad guy..
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast