Thread: John Lewis gets Tripped up in Tweet war with Trump

Exclamation John Lewis gets Tripped up in Tweet war with Trump

He said the other day:

Thousands of people are expected to protest Trump’s inauguration next Friday. Lewis, for his part, said he will not be attending the ceremony: “It will be the first one that I miss since I've been in Congress,” he said. “You cannot be at home with something that you feel that is wrong, is not right.”
    http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...esident-233607

From 2001, in a WaPo article:

Some members of the Black Caucus decided to boycott Inauguration Day; John Lewis, for instance, spent the day in his Atlanta district. He thought it would be hypocritical to attend Bush's swearing-in because he doesn't believe Bush is the true elected president.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2001Jan20.html

Trump responds:

“John Lewis said about my inauguration, ‘It will be the first one that I’ve missed.’ WRONG (or lie)!” Trump wrote on Twitter. “He boycotted Bush 43 also because he ‘thought it would be hypocritical to attend Bush’s swearing-in….he doesn’t believe Bush is the true elected president.’ Sound familiar!”
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...68088935432196
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Lewis is a troll.

"First one", "first time", "first ever", "first in living memory" are all politispeak for "could have happened yesterday, but I'm trying to make this sound important".
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    "First one", "first time", "first ever", "first in living memory" are all politispeak for "could have happened yesterday, but I'm trying to make this sound important".
    In other words: it's bull$#@!.

What a bunch of incredibly small minded people.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    In other words: it's bull$#@! historic.
    Don't make me report you.

In other words: it's bull$#@!.
    Of the type that jaded, faded, sold-out, entrenched, senile "icons" like Lewis are known for.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Don't make me report you.
    Yes, ma'am...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Of the type that jaded, faded, sold-out, entrenched, senile "icons" like Lewis are known for.
    Bingo.

Don't get me wrong now, I could not possibly care less whether Lewis attends or not.

In fact, I hope he doesn't.

The more this divide gets cemented into place, the wider and more entrenched it gets, the better the chances to finally break apart into something more credible and with with some modicum of "consent of the governed".

Just fun to watch when they can't keep their own bull$#@! straight.

Some members of the Black Caucus decided to boycott Inauguration Day; John Lewis, for instance, spent the day in his Atlanta district. He thought it would be hypocritical to attend Bush's swearing-in because he doesn't believe Bush is the true elected president.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2001Jan20.html
    This guy is visionary, he used the term "hypocritical" for himself way before others did.
    But under new and improved management few years later:

Related

Paul LePage: John Lewis should thank Republican presidents for ending slavery,

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/17/politi...ge-john-lewis/

Suspected War Criminals enabler John Lewis to skip inauguration, says Trump not a 'legitimate' president