Thread: Alexa Users Report Mass Outage As Digital Assitant "Ignores" Masters, Goes Rogue

Alexa Users Report Mass Outage As Digital Assitant "Ignores" Masters, Goes Rogue

Hey, at least it wasn't telling children to kill their foster parents.

In the latest gaffe involving Amazon's supremely popular but incident prone digital assistant, Alexa experienced a mass outage on Wednesday morning, "ignoring" requests of its users.

According to the Sun, the outage tracker Down Detector was flooded with hundreds of reports about Alexa not working around 8 am GMT. Most of the reports were later tied to server outages or problems with logging into Alexa.

The Sun
    The outage map shows that users around the world experienced problems, though most of the reports were in the UK and Europe.

One user complained that their Alexa wouldn't do anything other than play the local radio station, yet the device wouldn't turn off.
    "Anybody else's Alexa ignoring them this morning?"
    "It played my local radio station after a while, but won't do anything else. Just ignoring me. Won't even turn off."
    Another Brit complained: "Anyone else got a problem with Alexa this morning? Refusing to talk to me, just a spinny blue light and then goes off."
    In a statement to the Sun, an Amazon representative said that the issue had been resolved.
    "For a short period this morning we had an issue that impacted some Alexa customers’ ability to interact with the service."
    "The Alexa service is now operating normally."
    But for a brief moment in time, Alexa users were subjected to the indignity of googling the weather, and manually starting their playlist. We'd like to know: Did the outage mean Alexa momentarily stopped recording its masters?

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...gnores-masters
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I for one will NEVER pay to be spied on, analyzed, sorted, and sold off to the lowest bidder.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

"It played my local radio station after a while, but won't do anything else. Just ignoring me. Won't even turn off."
    Another Brit complained: "Anyone else got a problem with Alexa this morning? Refusing to talk to me, just a spinny blue light and then goes off."

If they named it Alex instead, this wouldn't have happened.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

"I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that ..."

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post

If they named it Alex instead, this wouldn't have happened.

Toxic femininity.
    "The Patriarch"