Thread: Remember when Borat Trolled Ron Paul?

Remember when Borat Trolled Ron Paul?

https://www.theolympian.com/news/loc...243834242.html
    Social media was abuzz Saturday evening with chatter that comedian Sacha Baron Cohen made a surprise appearance during a conservative rally in downtown Olympia earlier in the day.

The rally, which was billed as “March for Our Rights 3,” took place at Heritage Park for most of the afternoon. About 500 people attended the rally, according to Washington State Patrol troopers at the scene.
    I did not make this one,, (was prevented)

Been following the story at a distance..
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/sacha-...ngton?ref=home

“He came on stage disguised as the lead singer of the last band, singing a bunch of racist, hateful, disgusting $#@!,” Yelm City Councilman James Blair wrote on Facebook after the event. “His security blocked event organizers from getting him off the stage, or pulling power from the generator.”
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Wouldn't be the first time.

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I remember when Ron made a cameo appearance in the movie Bruno.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

What an $#@!.

But we knew that already.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

If I was Ron Paul, I would have beaten up the crap out of him.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    ...singing a bunch of racist, hateful, disgusting $#@!...
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/sacha-...ngton?ref=home
    When they describe something with such hyperbole, you know they are exaggerating. No quotes, just a description of how terrible it was.

It was actually very mild, tedious, and not funny. “Chop them up like the Saudis do” and “nuke China like in WW2” was about as bad as it got. And obviously it was all a joke.

Update: The Daily Beast video was not the complete video, even though it went on for 8:28. They must have have only shown the first part, and he probably got worse after that. More manipulation by Borat and the media.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 06-29-2020 at 10:21 AM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    When they describe something with such hyperbole, you know they are exaggerating. No quotes, just a description of how terrible it was.

It was actually very mild, tedious, and not funny. “Chop them up like the Saudis do” and “nuke China like in WW2” was about as bad as it got. And obviously it was all a joke.
    Most of the responses seemed to come from Cohen's people who were filming. Other than that noise, it didn't seem like he was reaching the crowd.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And obviously it was all a joke.
    Nope and Not Funny..

Their escape was aided by the Police..

The actors and Funding is being tracked now.
    This was elaborate and,,deliberate and Well Funded.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

The trumpkin snowflakes are easily offended..

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Were you there??

I missed this one,,but have seen Video..

The exaggerated Hyperbole is the "Racist Militia" description of the folks in attendance..

I have personally been to 3 events in Olympia with these folks.

and Sacha is a Creep everywhere he goes.

His Escape (pre-aranged)was covered by the Police.. he missed a righteous Ass Kicking.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Get away Driver.

Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Were you there??

I missed this one,,but have seen Video..

The exaggerated Hyperbole is the "Racist Militia" description of the folks in attendance..

I have personally been to 3 events in Olympia with these folks.

and Sacha is a Creep everywhere he goes.

His Escape (pre-aranged)was covered by the Police.. he missed a righteous Ass Kicking.
    I suffered thorough the video. Like I said, it wasn't good, it wasn't funny. My point is that the reports are about how terrible it was, and more importantly, they have said that the people in attendance joined in with this terrible thing.

Edit: The Daily Beast video was not the entire "performance". They may have edited out the worst things Cohen said.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 06-29-2020 at 10:22 AM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Allen Acosta,, one of the event organizers..
    https://www.facebook.com/AllenAcostaFindingLiberty/

Not a "White Redneck"

Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

I suffered thorough the video. Like I said, it wasn't good, it wasn't funny. My point is that the reports are about how terrible it was, and more importantly, they have said that the people in attendance joined in with this terrible thing.
    People in the audience bum rushed the security to pull the damn Plug.

He had actors there playing along.. There was the Casting Call posted ..
    The Ambulance Company is under investigation. The escape was arranged and covered by Police. Many of this crowd were visibly armed...

The Punk in the Ambulance was armed as well,, and gave several concerns with both apparent age and poor gun handling,

and Ambulances are not supposed to be armed.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    https://www.theolympian.com/news/loc...243834242.html

I did not make this one,, (was prevented)

Been following the story at a distance..
    There was a time when Cohen did characters that made everyone look like fools and it was entertaining (I even dressed as "Ali G" for Halloween some years ago). Now all he does is troll gullible conservative white people, as it's the only way he can remain relevant and somewhat profitable. Sad.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Ah, so the other video wasn't even the whole thing (and that was too long). How long did he go on with that? Maybe it wasn't as mild as it was made to seem.

No doubt it was all about trying to get film of people reacting.

No doubt it was all about trying to get film of people reacting.
    It was attempted to make the Freedom Movement look like a bunch of Racists...

The guy with the Bullhorn,,Shouting him down was one of the event organizers. Aryeh Rohde,, I have heard him speak at other events.. He is also Jewish..
    Several in the associated Prayer Group are also dark skinned Americans.

Allen is from the Philippines.

The Police were protecting ANTIFA and Aided the Escape.

Once again the police prove they are no friends of Americans.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

originally posted by Matt Marshall on FB.

A rendition of the chaos from the perspective of a rally goer in the crowd:

"From where I was sitting: A guy came on stage after the first group (The Olson Bros?) left and announced it would be 20 mins before the next band was prepared. At that time, he encouraged everyone to move forward. My family did. Then, all of a sudden I saw a large group on my left and a large group on my right appear. I heard part of their conversations. When the next band began, after one song, they paused again to make an announcement about the next singer to join the band. I thought it strange that the band knew the music to this supposed guest appearance but the crowd on both sides of me all of sudden got super excited like this was a person they had followed for years and moved even closer, telling my family that this was a performance we wouldn't want to miss. When he came out, my mom and I instantly made a weird face and saw he was in costume but he started singing, at first we thought it was a terrible joke that would be over in a minute (maybe two) but the song continued. When calling on the crowd, he focused his attention on a single group of people. I, nor anyone around me, were singing along. We all clearly wanted it to end. We were booing, shaking our heads, and putting thumbs down. It wasn't until a lady rushed by me saying we have to make this stop. I agreed and the crowd behind those that had made their way to the front converged on the very obvious hired disruptors. All of those "extras" left with the singer and the band. The people that stayed, were the people against this hate crime and were the ones originally there to watch Larry Gatlin.
    As far as vetting goes or mistakes made, If the Governor can lose $1B to Nigeria, then a 10 min mistake is completely understandable. Nobody that was there for the right reasons agreed with those vile human beings whose sole agenda was to smear a great event. It was planned, staged, and unfortunate. However, I did like the addition of live music (not the disgusting message of the 2nd group but the first and last were great!)"
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Yea remember his RP drama. It was at a time when deep neocons as well as moderate conservatives like Rudy Giuliani, Hannity, Levin etc all were getting very uneasy with Ron Paul waking people up about globalist interventins costs/blowback etc.
    He does not seem like a hardcore plant of Netanyahu-Torries but doubt he will ever make a video about gathering of foreign firster war hungry group like aipac.

People in the audience bum rushed the security to pull the damn Plug.

He had actors there playing along.. There was the Casting Call posted ..
    The Ambulance Company is under investigation. The escape was arranged and covered by Police. Many of this crowd were visibly armed...

The Punk in the Ambulance was armed as well,, and gave several concerns with both apparent age and poor gun handling,

and Ambulances are not supposed to be armed.
    Yep, that is what I have read and heard from Stuart Rhodes from Oath Keepers. Borat is a POS $#@! disturber. He has called for different people and platforms to be denied their first amendment.

Stuart Rhodes has mentioned that what Borat did was like entrapment and people should sue him.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Get away Driver.

That ambulance was Armed,, Used in the Commission of a crime.. (Fraud at least) and was a get away vehicle..

Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

maybe that was his "one more for the road"

to hell

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    going back a few years, someone once said, " at least a piece of $#@!, was useful at one point "

sbc, not so much