Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Many people take dangerously high amounts of ibuprofen

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    There are no none side-effects for--- Turmeric, Ginger, Bromelain (enzyme found in pineapple), Ceylon Cinnamon or Magnesium. All anti-inflammatory. Did you also know that the aspirin ingredient can also be found in beans, peas, jasmine and clover? Maybe people should listen to Hippocrates more: “Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.”
    Those might work for minor aches and pains, but for something like herniated discs or very advanced arthritis, they are not helpful. And according to my chiro, the active ingredient is in pineapple stems, not the fruit.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Those might work for minor aches and pains, but for something like herniated discs or very advanced arthritis, they are not helpful.
    If you get down that inflammation (through diet, exercise and supplementation) you'd be surprised. I know a person with severe RA and how he eliminated the RA symptoms with a strict diet and exercise--basically a life-style change. This person drank nearly 2 gallons of sweet tea a day, and sweet tea is bad for the bones. (1), (2), (3)

And according to my chiro, the active ingredient is in pineapple stems, not the fruit.
    That is correct, it is an anti-inflammatory.

Again the key here is "inflammation," and how to get it down and keep it down naturally.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Oh and I forgot to point out one important thing... The warning on liver damage is more with Cassia Cinnamon (Cinnamomum cassia) because it contains Coumarin.

Ceylon Cinnamon(Cinnamomum verum) which is referred to as the REAL cinnamon and better quality and less of the Coumarin compound. (1), (2), (3)
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

wait.. the article, near the end says Tylenol is safer - the bull$#@! meter tilts.. hard
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    wait.. the article, near the end says Tylenol is safer - the bull$#@! meter tilts.. hard
    Yeah neither are good for us. It's a main stream media article, I am willing to give them a little credit for shining a light on ibuprofen.

Maybe people should listen to Hippocrates more: “Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.”
    Maybe people should acknowledge that science has advanced in the past 2500 years.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Ha ha ha, so funny ...... You Zippy and the rest of the trolls are what makes this forum unique.
    1. Donnay posts an op-ed advocating banning over-the-counter sale of Ibuprofen.
    2. Zippy takes the position that is consistent with this site's mission and disagrees with that op-ed.
    3. Timo's man calls Zippy a troll.

Everything has potential side effects. It depends on genetics, existing conditions, and dose.
    Except unlimited immigration. This can only be looked at in terms of potential benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    Tylenol also isn't an anti-inflammatory, so if you have arthritis it's pretty useless.

If you get down that inflammation (through diet, exercise and supplementation) you'd be surprised. I know a person with severe RA and how he eliminated the RA symptoms with a strict diet and exercise--basically a life-style change. This person drank nearly 2 gallons of sweet tea a day, and sweet tea is bad for the bones.
    I am under the care of a clinical nutritionist and I'm doing everything I'm supposed to do. At my age and stage of joint deterioriation, I will be faciing surgery on both knees and probably a thumb at some point.
    #NashvilleStrong

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Maybe people should acknowledge that science has advanced in the past 2500 years.
    Maybe people should acknowledge that many of the old remedies (Tradition Chinese Medicine & Ayurveda medicine) still work today.

I am under the care of a clinical nutritionist and I'm doing everything I'm supposed to do. At my age and stage of joint deterioriation, I will be faciing surgery on both knees and probably a thumb at some point.
    Sorry to hear that.

Sorry to hear that.
    Thanks.
    #NashvilleStrong

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    1. Donnay posts an op-ed advocating banning over-the-counter sale of Ibuprofen.
    2. Zippy takes the position that is consistent with this site's mission and disagrees with that op-ed.
    3. Timo's man calls Zippy a troll.
    Here is your problem: Zippy never takes a position.

I am providing information so people can make up their minds--I know what works for me.
    I understand Donnay...but your presentation comes across not as informative but instead biased.

For example, if someone makes a comment about any pharmaceutical instead of replying something like, "Yes...I understand how that medication can really be beneficial for people with certain conditions but make sure you're aware of possible side effects and/or bad reactions with other meds or foods", you'll instead post stories or related studies that highlight those possible side effects as proof they are poison or not helpful at all.

And that's where my concern comes in, as I worry how many people from both sides of the spectrum will make some foolish decisions for themselves resulting in either longer suffering than need be or escalation of their condition. Because people that might benefit from a targeted diet plan to assist their medication regime or people refusing medications to go along with their diet plan are both going to lose. This is why pointed out that our family provider is a Pain Management certified MD who is also a big proponent (dietary advice is part of his treatment plans with patients suffering chronic pain), to illustrate that both positions regarding treatment is something found in many clinics who deal with chronic pain sufferers.

People are different from the next in how our bodies react to foods and medications to the point where we have to accept that there is no one size fits all. Medical science has increased the life span of people to almost double (especially with the advent of antibiotics) as well as making many things once considered a death sentence very treatable. But the flip side to that, and as my doctor likes to point out, overuse and abuse of these medications are taking these advances away since we are using them to treat many conditions that can just as easily, if not better addressed, using simple natural remedies that has been used for centuries.
    "Self conquest is the greatest of all victories." - Plato

Quote Originally Posted by Intoxiklown View Post
    I understand Donnay...but your presentation comes across not as informative but instead biased.

For example, if someone makes a comment about any pharmaceutical instead of replying something like, "Yes...I understand how that medication can really be beneficial for people with certain conditions but make sure you're aware of possible side effects and/or bad reactions with other meds or foods", you'll instead post stories or related studies that highlight those possible side effects as proof they are poison or not helpful at all.

And that's where my concern comes in, as I worry how many people from both sides of the spectrum will make some foolish decisions for themselves resulting in either longer suffering than need be or escalation of their condition. Because people that might benefit from a targeted diet plan to assist their medication regime or people refusing medications to go along with their diet plan are both going to lose. This is why pointed out that our family provider is a Pain Management certified MD who is also a big proponent (dietary advice is part of his treatment plans with patients suffering chronic pain), to illustrate that both positions regarding treatment is something found in many clinics who deal with chronic pain sufferers.

People are different from the next in how our bodies react to foods and medications to the point where we have to accept that there is no one size fits all. Medical science has increased the life span of people to almost double (especially with the advent of antibiotics) as well as making many things once considered a death sentence very treatable. But the flip side to that, and as my doctor likes to point out, overuse and abuse of these medications are taking these advances away since we are using them to treat many conditions that can just as easily, if not better addressed, using simple natural remedies that has been used for centuries.
    IMHO having a medical doctor as a spouse also makes your POV a little biased as well--just sayin'.

I do not promote one-size-fits-all in anything-- Religion, Political, Financial or Education.

IMHO having a medical doctor as a spouse also makes your POV a little biased as well--just sayin'.

I do not promote one-size-fits-all in anything-- Religion, Political, Financial or Education.
    Ron Paul was a doctor. You don't trust what doctors say?

Ron Paul was a doctor. You don't trust what doctors say?
    I never asked Dr. Paul for his opinion on medical issues.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I'll concede that's one way to view it. But another way is that means I have real world knowledge about some things that fly in the face of what someone on the internet is swearing to be true.

But to your point, bear in mind (and I say this half playfully, so it's not meant smart ass) that means I can assure you that we've yet to receive a check from Big Pharma, be invited to the super secret meeting discussing the depopulation plans as well as figure out how we can make the most money (I still say that is the greatest business model ever...we'll kill all our patients so we can make money). She does get gifts from the pharmaceutical reps though.....he brings Little Ceasar's Pizza for their lunch.

But on the serious side, that is why I get a bit frustrated with some of the talk how all doctors only want to make money and don't care for their patients. Because while that talking point is being pushed, my wife gets home at 5am because some kid shot himself but didn't die immediately from it. He had no family, no wife, nothing. So she sat with him so he wouldn't be alone as he waited to die. She literally just had a mother come in with her daughter a couple of days ago, who was sure her child had the flu. She wanted her hospitalized right then (she hadn't even been swabbed to test) but made it clear she didn't get flu shots and she didn't want her given Tamiflu. Right off the bat she made it clear there would be no treatments that are the norm, demanded her child be hospitalized, and made it clear it was the hospital's job to insure her child didn't suffer possible death like others have around the nation. That woman spit in my wife's face when she tested negative for the flu and informed the mother she couldn't admit her. Let me say that again.....she spit in my wife's face.

I'm not saying that for sympathy mind you.....I'm saying that to prove a point. Because my wife went back to work the following day to do it all over again. That should say a lot, because if someone spit in my face? Nine or Ninety-nine, man or woman.....I'm stomping their brains out through their ears.

As I said....it's not that you're wrong. But you have unrealistic expectations and opinions about the medical field.

I'll concede that's one way to view it. But another way is that means I have real world knowledge about some things that fly in the face of what someone on the internet is swearing to be true.

But to your point, bear in mind (and I say this half playfully, so it's not meant smart ass) that means I can assure you that we've yet to receive a check from Big Pharma, be invited to the super secret meeting discussing the depopulation plans as well as figure out how we can make the most money (I still say that is the greatest business model ever...we'll kill all our patients so we can make money). She does get gifts from the pharmaceutical reps though.....he brings Little Ceasar's Pizza for their lunch.

But on the serious side, that is why I get a bit frustrated with some of the talk how all doctors only want to make money and don't care for their patients. Because while that talking point is being pushed, my wife gets home at 5am because some kid shot himself but didn't die immediately from it. He had no family, no wife, nothing. So she sat with him so he wouldn't be alone as he waited to die. She literally just had a mother come in with her daughter a couple of days ago, who was sure her child had the flu. She wanted her hospitalized right then (she hadn't even been swabbed to test) but made it clear she didn't get flu shots and she didn't want her given Tamiflu. Right off the bat she made it clear there would be no treatments that are the norm, demanded her child be hospitalized, and made it clear it was the hospital's job to insure her child didn't suffer possible death like others have around the nation. That woman spit in my wife's face when she tested negative for the flu and informed the mother she couldn't admit her. Let me say that again.....she spit in my wife's face.

I'm not saying that for sympathy mind you.....I'm saying that to prove a point. Because my wife went back to work the following day to do it all over again. That should say a lot, because if someone spit in my face? Nine or Ninety-nine, man or woman.....I'm stomping their brains out through their ears.

As I said....it's not that you're wrong. But you have unrealistic expectations and opinions about the medical field.
    Every group has a spectrum of members, some groups are weighted towards the bad end while others are weighted towards the good end but their are always group members at the other end of the spectrum from the majority.

Sometimes one group is closer to correct than another but usually both will have some truth and value to their knowledge and beliefs.

I lean towards alternative medicine but I would never deny that conventional medicine has some value and can do things alternative medicine can't.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Every group has a spectrum of members, some groups are weighted towards the bad end while others are weighted towards the good end but their are always group members at the other end of the spectrum from the majority.

Sometimes one group is closer to correct than another but usually both will have some truth and value to their knowledge and beliefs.

I lean towards alternative medicine but I would never deny that conventional medicine has some value and can do things alternative medicine can't.
    Agree 100%

And I'm honestly not that different. I view natural therapy (diet, yoga, ect) as day to day maintenance to help keep everything running, and medical intervention as the mechanic. Ironically....I HATE going to the doctor (I especially hate needles. We're talking I'm the guy who'd rather let you punch me in the nose than stick me with a needle), but I go every three months whether anything is wrong or not. I have to for prescription refills anyway, but also we have a real good provider who actually talks to us, asks questions to keep track of things, ect. I hope the day it's ever needed is long coming, but when it does....any surgeons will have an extremely well detailed medical history containing both any medications and treatments, as well as medications and treatments I've refused and an explanation of why (I refused any statin based drugs, as well as declined a referral to chronic pain management. LOL.....I have an addictive personality to where if I like something, I'm going to do a lot of it). Most importantly, it has my "condition" detailed in it.

I have a genetic "defect" that makes me highly resistant to opioids. And when I say highly resistant, I am not exaggerating. 50mg of methadone is a lethal dose for someone not "in the know" with opioids, and back in 2007 while drunk was eating some methadone I had been prescribed (I was getting high....not going to lie) and due to my friend Jim Beam distracting me....well, I took over 500mg (plus almost an entire 5th). And I wasn't found for a couple of hours. I woke up in an ICU (apparently I did "die" three times) with a nurse banging on the window to wake me up, as when I slept I quit breathing. But the next day I started realizing that I had hospital staff from all facets just kind of popping up by my room. I found out later it was that no one from the previous night believed I was alive. In fact, I was one of two methadone ODs that night....the other had taken like 70mg and wasn't drinking. He died.

It's weird because certain narcs do work for me, albeit in higher doses. Morphine does nothing for me...and I mean nothing. Fentanyl doesn't. either. But Dilaudid is just wonderful....lol. Granted they give me 2mg per dose without dilution, and then at least every 45 minutes. I take hydrocodones because I refused oxycodone. Don't ask why, but for some reason hydrocodone gives me relief, and oxycodone just makes me itch and hurt. Point being, my biggest fear is me be in a car crash or some $#@! and be in pieces and hurting like no tomorrow and as I'm laying there unable to speak I got some nurse giving me morphine thinking they just helped me.

I tip my hat to your wife, I have no doubt it is a thankless job at times. Just because I am against the dirty vaccines, it does not mean I am against ALL conventional medicine.

There are indeed a lot of good doctors and nurses out there. If I have an appendicitis, I'm certainly not going to have my mechanic neighbor take it out. If I have a compound fracture, I am certainly not going to try and fix it myself.

For chronic illnesses, I am all for an alternative / integrative medical approach.

Skip the Ibuprofen: Use These Natural Pain-Relief Tactics Instead
    Don't reach for chemical painkillers in the medicine aisle! Use these natural pain-relief techniques.

by integrative medicine expert Isaac Eliaz, MD, founder of the Amitabha Clinic & Healing Center in Sebastopol, California

Pain can dominate our life experience, so natural pain relief is on a lot of people's minds. Whether the discomfort occurs in the head, stomach, back, joints, or muscles, pain can make simple activities difficult, ruin our ability to concentrate, and interfere with body mechanics. For some, every movement must be calculated to avoid discomfort.

We generally address mild pain with over-the-counter remedies, such as ibuprofen and acetaminophen—the most commonly used drugs in the U.S. In fact, they are frequently overused for chronic pain because they're assumed to safe (they're so readily available even children can buy them). While these drugs can reduce inflammation, they don't always get to the root of the problem and may sometimes only mask the symptoms. Furthermore, new research suggests that these drugs have more serious long-term side effects than previously believed, contributing to intestinal damage, liver failure, and more. Prescription pain medications are much more risky while also being dangerously habit-forming.

Ideally, we want a pain treatment that alleviates the discomfort, addresses the root causes, and promotes health. A number of alternative approaches meet this description. By reducing inflammation, improving circulation and mobility and providing gentle relaxation, specific supplements and therapies can bring relief and help address their underlying causes and support overall health.

Pain-Fighting Supplements
    • Sold in capsules, extracts, powders, and as a whole root, turmeric is a common Ayurvedic spice that has a well-deserved reputation for controlling pain and supporting longevity and vitality. Turmeric is a powerful and versatile anti-inflammatory spice; it supports circulation, detoxification, immunity, and tissue repair, among other factors in health.

• Ginger, a relative of turmeric, can reduce inflammation and increase circulation, and is particularly helpful for joint pain. Powdered ginger can be taken in a capsule or brewed as tea. Gingerroot is a wonderful addition to stir-fry, soups, desserts, and other dishes.

• Derived from chili pepper, capsaicin is an active compound that has long been known for its ability to relieve pain; it's often used as a topical cream.

• Vitamin D deficiency has been known to accompany chronic pain. One study compared pain medication requirements among people with normal and decreased vitamin D levels. Those deficient in vitamin D needed almost twice as much pain medication to provide relief.

• Vitamin C is another powerful anti-inflammatory ingredient, and has been found to reduce pain and help people recover from sports injuries.

• The B vitamin family is useful in treating nerve pain, particularly for those suffering from diabetes.

• Acetyl-L-carnitine and alpha-lipoic acid have also been shown to relieve diabetic nerve pain.

• For those suffering from arthritis, glucosamine can help relieve stiff joints. It's often combined with chondroitin.

• Magnesium has been shown to control NMDA, a neurochemical associated with pain. Magnesium also helps to relax stiff or spasmodic muscles and improve circulation. In addition to taking magnesium orally, there are topical forms as well as the traditional Epsom salts added to a bath; both absorb easily through the skin and can be quite effective.

• Boswellia (Indian frankincense), the resin from the Boswellia serrate tree, contains active components which help reduce inflammation and pain. It can be taken as a supplement as well as used topically.

Arthritis and Galectin-3
    An emerging body of published research has identified a major culprit in inflammation: Fibrosis, or excessive scar tissue buildup, occurs in the joints as a result of chronic inflammation and causes chronic stiffness and pain. This process has been shown to be driven by an inflammatory protein called galectin-3. Excessive levels of galectin-3 in the body have also been implicated in cancer metastasis, cardiovascular disease, and many other conditions, including arthritis. Because galectin-3 promotes inflammation and excessive scar tissue buildup, it plays a major role in joint pain and degeneration, as well as other types of inflammatory pain.

In my practice, I recommend patients struggling with arthritis or other inflammatory pain to control their galectin-3 levels with modified citrus pectin (MCP). Derived from the pith of citrus peels, MCP has a unique ability to enter the circulation and bind to galectin-3, inhibiting the inflammatory and fibrotic effects of this "rogue protein." MCP also safely detoxifies pro-inflammatory heavy metals like lead, mercury, and arsenic, which can accumulate in joints and tissues.

More: 11 Surprising Remedies for Arthritis

Hands-On Therapies
    In addition to supplements, I also recommend more active approaches to pain relief. There are a variety of manual and energetic therapies that have been found to reduce inflammation and relieve pain.

• Acupuncture has been used in China for thousands of years to treat pain and other conditions. From an Eastern standpoint, the small needles help release energy blockages in painful areas, improving the flow of vital energy (qi or chi). From a Western point of view, acupuncture releases neurotransmitters that help block pain. Either way, numerous studies have proved acupuncture to be quite effective.

• Acupressure is similar to acupuncture, only instead of needles the practitioner applies manual pressure to acupuncture points to relieve pain. As with acupuncture, how this method works depends on perspective, but whether it's increasing energy flow, releasing feel-good endorphins, or boosting circulation, the end result is the same: relaxation and relief from sore muscles and tense, painful areas.

• Craniosacral therapy uses gentle manipulations to promote relaxation and improve circulation. The practitioner gently moves bones, tendons, and other tissues to increase circulation and release areas of tightness.

• Massage has become a multifaceted art with many techniques and methods. Results combine muscle relaxation with improved circulation, reduction of stress hormones, endorphin release, and other relaxation benefits.

• Frequency specific microcurrent uses a programmable machine that passes a very light electrical current through the inflamed or injured area to stimulate healing and rebalance sensitive electrical charges at the cellular level. Originally used to accelerate healing of sports injuries, this technology has broad applications for chronic pain and mobility.

More: Your Chronic Pain Questions Answered

Mindfulness
    Meditation is another way to help reduce chronic pain. One of meditation's multiple benefits is reducing "fight-or-flight" hormones, such as cortisol. Excess cortisol increases inflammation and even enhances the perception of pain, so anything we can do to relax this response can help reduce pain. There are many studies that have shown meditation can reduce pain for people suffering from a wide range of conditions.

Food
    Diet is a critical factor in controlling inflammation and improving circulation, thus reducing pain. Avoid pro-inflammatory, processed foods such as refined sugar and grains, fried foods, and dairy. Instead, emphasize nutrient-dense whole foods, healthy fats, and lots of brightly colored fruits and vegetables to reduce chronic pain and support flexibility.

In many cases, people use a combination of supplements, manual therapies, and mind-body practices to find relief from acute and chronic pain. Many of these approaches provide other benefits, controlling pain while improving overall health. By experimenting with different approaches and working with a trained practitioner, you can put together a program that's effective for your unique situation.
    https://www.rodalewellness.com/healt...al-pain-relief

Interesting. Thank you for sharing.

I tip my hat to your wife, I have no doubt it is a thankless job at times. Just because I am against the dirty vaccines, it does not mean I am against ALL conventional medicine.

There are indeed a lot of good doctors and nurses out there. If I have an appendicitis, I'm certainly not going to have my mechanic neighbor take it out. If I have a compound fracture, I am certainly not going to try and fix it myself.

For chronic illnesses, I am all for an alternative / integrative medical approach.
    I have no doubts that you view and understand health treatment is best when integrated approach of both natural and science depending on the ailment, Donnay. That's why I said my "concern" was more of how some of your posts can come across as one sided. Though granted intent has a bad habit of poorly translating to text. But it's why I'll find myself trying to offer an objective counter point a lot because I'll think of people like that idiot David Stephan and his wife who literally watched their 19 month old son die from bacterial meningitis because of their position that nature can cure anything (refusing to accept that nature also has a dark side and is quite talented in killing us also).

They didn't believe in vaccinations (they're not ones who simply want to space out vaccines more, they refuse all of them) so their child didn't have the vaccine that is given for bacterial meningitis. They don't believe doctors are here to help people, so when their friend who was a nurse and helped in their home birth of their children saw the child and said they should see a doctor as he was exhibiting signs of meningitis they instead took him to a naturopathic who didn't do anything more than look at him (heck of an exam) and gave him a tonic made from what reads like a spice list for making gumbo. Only when their child quit breathing did they call 911 and reach out to a doctor. By then it was too late sadly.

Ironically, the parents still find a way to blame their son's death on the medical system citing poorly equipped ambulances.

I have no doubts that you view and understand health treatment is best when integrated approach of both natural and science depending on the ailment, Donnay. That's why I said my "concern" was more of how some of your posts can come across as one sided. Though granted intent has a bad habit of poorly translating to text. But it's why I'll find myself trying to offer an objective counter point a lot because I'll think of people like that idiot David Stephan and his wife who literally watched their 19 month old son die from bacterial meningitis because of their position that nature can cure anything (refusing to accept that nature also has a dark side and is quite talented in killing us also).

They didn't believe in vaccinations (they're not ones who simply want to space out vaccines more, they refuse all of them) so their child didn't have the vaccine that is given for bacterial meningitis. They don't believe doctors are here to help people, so when their friend who was a nurse and helped in their home birth of their children saw the child and said they should see a doctor as he was exhibiting signs of meningitis they instead took him to a naturopathic who didn't do anything more than look at him (heck of an exam) and gave him a tonic made from what reads like a spice list for making gumbo. Only when their child quit breathing did they call 911 and reach out to a doctor. By then it was too late sadly.

Ironically, the parents still find a way to blame their son's death on the medical system citing poorly equipped ambulances.
    Uh huh, some people are stupid and you cannot legislate stupidity. However, I have already stated my position. My major problem is with Big pHARMa and government agencies who protect them.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Uh huh, some people are stupid and you cannot legislate stupidity. However, I have already stated my position. My major problem is with Big pHARMa and government agencies who protect them.
    I understand, and more so than people might think..agree with you. That's why I've posted a few studies being done in other countries that are showing some extremely positive results in fighting things like cancer. Both for the optimistic outlook it can give fellow forum members who are either dealing with things like cancer or at a high risk themselves with age. Because nations like Sweden and Norway are making discoveries that will change a lot of the treatments we have for many diseases that has been kept active by suppression of newer and better ways by large pharmaceutical lobby groups.

As an aside, and relating to my earlier comment about intent not translating well to text....

It dawned on me my previous post might come across as being vindictive or targeted. I had no such intent and was merely commenting, so please know that if any of it seemed malicious it was not meant to be.

I understand, and more so than people might think..agree with you. That's why I've posted a few studies being done in other countries that are showing some extremely positive results in fighting things like cancer. Both for the optimistic outlook it can give fellow forum members who are either dealing with things like cancer or at a high risk themselves with age. Because nations like Sweden and Norway are making discoveries that will change a lot of the treatments we have for many diseases that has been kept active by suppression of newer and better ways by large pharmaceutical lobby groups.

As an aside, and relating to my earlier comment about intent not translating well to text....

It dawned on me my previous post might come across as being vindictive or targeted. I had no such intent and was merely commenting, so please know that if any of it seemed malicious it was not meant to be.
    It's all good. No harm, no foul.

Stomach upset is among the most commonly reported side effects of ibuprofen. "The FDA advises ibuprofen be taken with food or milk in patients who have experienced stomach upset with this medication in the past," said Joshua Russell, MD at Legacy-GoHealth Urgent Care.
    Ibuprofen, like aspirin and naproxen (among other medications), is a type of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). "These medications can seriously damage the lining of the stomach," Dr. Russell said.

"Taking ibuprofen on an empty stomach may cause irritation of the stomach lining and bleeding ulcers," said South Florida-based cardiologist Dr. Adam Splaver of Nanohealth Associates. "This holds true for all other NSAIDs as well as aspirin, which may reduce the stomach lining's ability to protect itself from the harsh acid produced to aid in the digestive process," he said.

More at: https://www.popsugar.com/fitness/Bad...omach-44359112
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Stomach upset is among the most commonly reported side effects of ibuprofen. "The FDA advises ibuprofen be taken with food or milk in patients who have experienced stomach upset with this medication in the past," said Joshua Russell, MD at Legacy-GoHealth Urgent Care.
    Ibuprofen, like aspirin and naproxen (among other medications), is a type of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). "These medications can seriously damage the lining of the stomach," Dr. Russell said.

"Taking ibuprofen on an empty stomach may cause irritation of the stomach lining and bleeding ulcers," said South Florida-based cardiologist Dr. Adam Splaver of Nanohealth Associates. "This holds true for all other NSAIDs as well as aspirin, which may reduce the stomach lining's ability to protect itself from the harsh acid produced to aid in the digestive process," he said.

More at: https://www.popsugar.com/fitness/Bad...omach-44359112
    That is actually the difference in OTC NSAIDs and prescription NSAIDs like Meloxicam as I take. Meloxicam is more of an "over time" release allowing once per 24 hours as well as having a more stomach friendly coating.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast