Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Unsafe and Ineffective

Funny story, Scott Adams is seen by a lot of people on twitter as pro-vaccine because he retweets both pro and anti-vaccine stories. He questions everything. He says he only got the vaccine so he could travel and have a bunch of sex with his hot instagram model ex-wife on a tropical island. He likes to steel-man, and he knows his audience is mostly right wing and so they think the vaccine is bad. So he makes pro-vax arguments so that people at least know they exist and can come up with the best arguments against them.

So he got the nickname "Clot Adams". He was thinking about the whole situation a couple weeks ago and about all the people who call him Clot Adams, as he is turning on the tv. The TV comes on and it's Fox weatherman "Adam Klotz".
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-25-2023 at 02:01 AM. Reason: added link to quote after moving posts
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sure, I'll participate in this threadjack.

Some people will buy any narrative.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Sure, I'll participate in this threadjack.

Some people will buy any narrative.
    He was against the mandates for vaccines at that time, he just though that since there were existing mandates it would make it easier to comply at no loss of privacy... because he thinks we don't have privacy anymore anyway.

Of course I fervently disagreed with him on this point at the time, his current thoughts on the matter take into consideration that it would have only taken away friction which would have lead to more of it, which is obviously bad.

Plus I guess you didn't read the part about how he likes to steel-man the other side.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    He was against the mandates for vaccines at that time, he just though that since there were existing mandates it would make it easier to comply at no loss of privacy... because he thinks we don't have privacy anymore anyway.
    With you coming to one's defense, who needs a prosecutor?

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    With you coming to one's defense, who needs a prosecutor?
    Of course I fervently disagreed with him on this point at the time
    Can you do anything besides gas light?

Can you do anything besides gas light?
    At least I can't be hypocritical enough to defend what I "disagreed with at the time" without being proven wrong in the interim.

I will say his podcast is not for you.

I literally just stated his argument, then said I disagreed with it right after, and you took my quote out of context saying I was "defending" his argument.

That is exactly what people do to him, who aren't intelligent enough to listen to his podcast. I disagree with him all the time. But he is smart, and usually eventually he gets there. Before Trump, he was not a Republican and pretty much completely trusted the establishment. Now he trusts nobody, especially the government and medical institutions. He thought he had long covid a few months ago, before realizing all of his symptoms were from his blood pressure medication. He dropped the medication and all his "long covid" symptoms disappeared. He also stopped taking his asthma inhaler that he had been using for decades and has been completely fine.

Who popped up in a completely unrelated thread, in which neither Dilbert nor Awok nor Catbert nor even covid had been mentioned, to offer a completely unsolicited, revisionist history defense of the guy?

Which fits the description of "gaslighting", revisionist histories or actual tweets from the person himself?

Methinks there's a reason you doth protest too much.

Why is it so important to you that he not be completely wrong, even as he eats humble pie, that you run around offering unsolicited explanations of his behavior which contradict what the man himself is currently saying? You love him so much that you have to assume he's lying when he admits he was wrong? Why don't you love him enough to take his word for it?

Scott Adams doesn't need your help. Just by admitting he was wrong, he has demonstrated more integrity than you can ever confer on him.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 01-24-2023 at 12:32 PM.

Why is it so important to you that he not be completely wrong, even as he eats humble pie, that you run around offering unsolicited explanations of his behavior which contradict what the man himself is currently saying? You love him so much that you have to assume he's lying when he admits he was wrong? Why don't you love him enough to take his word for it?
    He was completely wrong. I did not contradict what he said. He wasn't lying. I like listening to people who are really smart, but don't think they know everything and are willing to learn and change their mind. That's why his podcast is not for you.
    Last edited by dannno; 01-24-2023 at 01:50 PM.

I like listening to people who are really smart, but don't think they know everything and are willing to learn. That's why his podcast is not for you.
    I like that too. That's why your posts rub me the wrong way.

I'm returning this thread to the topic it was started to discuss. Have fun.

Simon Dunn, Famed Australian Olympian and Rugby Player, Dies Suddenly at 35

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/202...uddenly-at-35/

WARNER TODD HUSTON 24 Jan 2023

Officials in Australia have confirmed that the nation’s first openly gay Olympic bobsledder, Simon Dunn, died suddenly at age 35.

Dunn’s body was reportedly found at his home in Sydney on Saturday. Police do not feel the death is suspicious and are going on the assumption that there is a medical reason for the passing, according to Yahoo Sports.

Ruby Rose Management confirmed the news with a statement saying, “About 10 am on Saturday, January 21, 2023, police were called to a unit on Crown Street, Surry Hills, after reports the body of a man had been found inside. The body is believed to be that of the 35-year-old occupant. Officers from Surry Hills Police Area Command have commenced inquiries into the circumstances surrounding his death, which is not being treated as suspicious.”

Dunn rose to fame in 2014 when he became the first openly gay member of the country’s Olympic bobsledding team. After retiring from the team in 2016, Dunn played for an all-gay rugby team, engaged in media appearances, and explored acting.

In 2021, Dunn attempted to make a bobsledding comeback by working to join the Australian team for the 2022 Winter Olympics. But his dream was dashed when he ruptured a bicep muscle during training.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Dunn played for an all-gay rugby team...
    It never occurred to me to classify any teams I've played on as all-straight. I guess I'm just filled with hate.
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Police do not feel the death is suspicious and are going on the assumption that there is a medical reason for the passing

The problem is not that so many people are dying suddenly.

Nor is the problem that the CDC, et al. have "no answers".

Of course not!

You see, the problem is Twitter ...

https://www.theatlantic.com/technolo...theory/672819/

Former NFL Player Jessie Lemonier Dies Suddenly at 25

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...sharingbuttons

By Jim Hoft
    Published January 26, 2023 at 12:47pm

Former Detroit Lions linebacker Jessie Lemonier died suddenly on Thursday, the team confirmed. He was 25.

“We are shocked and saddened to learn of the passing of former Detroit Lion Jessie Lemonier,” the Lions said in a statement.

“Jessie was a model teammate and wonderful young man who is gone far too soon. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends during this difficult time.”
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

dupe

Former NFL Player Jessie Lemonier Dies Suddenly at 25

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...sharingbuttons

By Jim Hoft
    Published January 26, 2023 at 12:47pm

Former Detroit Lions linebacker Jessie Lemonier died suddenly on Thursday, the team confirmed. He was 25.

“We are shocked and saddened to learn of the passing of former Detroit Lion Jessie Lemonier,” the Lions said in a statement.

“Jessie was a model teammate and wonderful young man who is gone far too soon. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends during this difficult time.”
    This one is apparently a suicide. It's being reported as "suddenly" without further explanation. They're setting out traps now...

https://twitter.com/catturd2/status/1618695616376504320

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    An Algerian football player tragically died during a match on Tuesday, January 24, 2023.

https://vidmax.com/video/217561-anot...y-on-the-pitch

Ben Idir Mehenni , a football player playing at US Oued Amizour, he died suddenly during a football match for his club, against MC Rouiba. The tragedy occurred on Tuesday at the Reghaia stadium.

Victim of an illness, the player collapsed on the lawn a few minutes before the end of the match. Evacuated to hospital, he did not survive, his club said, according to several media.

Teen Who Taught Hundreds of Kids How to Swim Dies Suddenly After Cardiac Arrest: 'Shocked and Devastated'

https://www.westernjournal.com/teen-...ed-devastated/

k Davis
    January 28, 2023 at 7:38am
    A 19-year-old British girl who died of cardiac arrest is being remembered for her kindness.

Details of the death of Mia Jennings were sparse, and no public mention was made of her medical history, but there was no mistaking the affection in which she was held.

“We are sharing with great sadness that our dear colleague Mia Jennings passed away this weekend after suffering a cardiac arrest.,” the Macclesfield Leisure Centre posted on Facebook.

The center called her “a model employee and star apprentice in our HR Team and swimming teacher to hundreds of children at Macclesfield Leisure Centre.”

https://twitter.com/MuffinAndElliot/...51405569306624

https://twitter.com/SallyMayweather/...82469827366912

And science. Real science, that is.

https://twitter.com/yasminv/status/1619831760870686726

Last edited by acptulsa; 01-31-2023 at 04:13 PM.

https://twitter.com/disclosetv/statu...32853850374144

https://twitter.com/RepThomasMassie/...30137470431232
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    https://twitter.com/disclosetv/statu...32853850374144

Why wait until May 11th? Why not just end it now? Something tells me something big is gonna happen on that date that's not ending the covid emergency.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Why wait until May 11th? Why not just end it now? Something tells me something big is gonna happen on that date that's not ending the covid emergency.
    He actually said the fifteenth, and said they have to "make sure we get everything done".

Beware the Ides of May.

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast